Calza

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 933 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 July 2015 - 05:03 AM

So this is starting to gripe on me a bit, every other day I seem to come back to my computer and I'm dead.

I'm in OD2 with a 98 evolved Amistr. I've got a +7 Orleans gown and +7 Valk shield of Medium - I'm level 123 with around 18,000hp.

I thought that'd be enough to save off the damage in there but apparently not. Have I messed up a homun setting by accident perhaps?

Only other thought I've had it to put my +9 DR HBP from another char on, but that would be a faf..

#2 Calza

Calza

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 933 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 18 July 2015 - 05:54 AM

Oh and just to add, it's not BB's being spawned or anything like that.

#3 Erydanos

Erydanos

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1159 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 09:01 AM

Might be the settings.

Amistr is a very, very slow killer....even with the Attack Boost from Bloodlust.

I'd say you tweak the OwnerRescue in the AI Interface to set it so that your Amistr comes to your aid right away. Also, keep in mind that an Amistr might end up tanking a lot of mobs, which can overwhelm it and kill it. (And then come after you)

Armor and Shield are not enough...try adding more DEF with an Angry Snarl or a racial reduction with a PeacePipe (wish I had one back then) maybe a Yoyo carded accessory and Fortune Sword for P. Dodge.

If you can afford it, get a Ring of Flame Lord (RoFL) and a Ring of Resonance (RoR), the effects proc'ed when attacked might help you out of a pickle...depending on your stats you could try a Rybio card in your armor to stun the mobs hitting you (any armor will do, like a Glittering Jacket.....the only good thing of Orlean's Gown is that you can CC the mobs away from you w/o them hitlocking you)

Last option I can think of is getting a +9 Easter Eggshell and a Frilldora carded Garment to be perma Cloaked. (This has the downside that other players might park in your area, disregarding your homun -set a chat to show where you are- and since you are not tanking or 'claiming' mobs for your Homun to kill -Homuns set to not ks will not attack mobs that have already hit you- your Homun will be running around and it somewhat lessens the exp gain/hour)

I forgot...do you have enough VIT? I had to use Mesmerist to reset and reallocate my stat points in order to get 90 VIT...might not be the case for you, but having high VIT helps a lot.  Granted, when I had to AFK level and was doing anything else in the laptop I used to check every 30 mins or even every 15 mins to assess the situation (mob density, other Alch/Bio/Gens with their Homuns and whether or not the surrounding Dieters were farting Lava Slides in places other than their owners feet  :p_ang: )

PS: Watch out for Dieters farting Lava Slides in places other than their owners feet. They really mess up with your exp/hour ratio.

Edited by Erydanos, 18 July 2015 - 09:09 AM.

#4 Ryviux

Ryviux

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1962 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 09:18 AM

set the setting to ignore zenorcs and only attack orc skeleton and orc archers.

#5 BigFootCounty

BigFootCounty

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 09:36 AM

DR HBP will save you from dying a lot. I used Easter egg shell, Peace Pipe, Teddy Bear carded shield, DR garment, Loli Ruri carded armor, Vital Tree shoes on my 7000 hp biochem and managed to survive in OD2. I wouldn't recommend ROFL+ROR because if you cannot one shot the looting Zenorcs with Venom Splash, you will just aggro 10+ mob and die in 5 seconds. Yoyo carded accessories are pretty nice, I didn't use them though.

Edited by BigFootCounty, 18 July 2015 - 09:36 AM.

#6 Calza

Calza

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 933 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 18 July 2015 - 01:26 PM

Oddly the Homun doesn't seem to be dieing, just me!

I'll try my HR BHP, Fortune sword and 2x Yoyo carded accessories to help me out.

Oh and I've changed Rescue to Owner so hopefully he'll come to my aid quicker?

#7 Ryviux

Ryviux

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1962 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 01:53 PM

I'll try my HR BHP, Fortune sword and 2x Yoyo carded accessories to help me out.

would help but not much

1. location -  make sure you are not in some wide open space and that there are other afkemist near by.

2. ignore the zenorcs.

#8 BigFootCounty

BigFootCounty

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 02:01 PM

Yes, Rescue to Owner will help because your Homun will start attacking the monsters that were targeting you. As soon as your Homun hit them, they will switch aggro and attack your Homun instead. Because your Homun is an Amistr, it kills very slow and often leads to monsters piled up around you. So it's best to have other afk player near you. 

I wouldn't ignore the Zenorcs because that is where the exp comes from.

Edited by BigFootCounty, 18 July 2015 - 02:03 PM.

#9 Ryviux

Ryviux

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1962 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 02:35 PM

he only has 1 more level to go and with the homun lvl exp cut in half. It won't take that much time just ignoring the zenorcs. His sheep dog can concentrate on orc skeleton and archers.

#10 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 02:40 PM

out of curiosity have you checked the logs to see what's killing you in the first place?

#11 denebski

denebski

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1256 posts
  • LocationSa likod mo.

Posted 18 July 2015 - 02:55 PM

Best bet is to use cloak accesory [shinobi card], and park yourself beside a wall.
Headgear use easter egg shell, +9 or +0 will do
Loli ruri armor for heals lvl 3
Muscipular carded shield for lvl 1 heal and increase agi
Dr garment
Fortune sword

Also make sure your amistr is casting bulwark lvl 5 which helps a lot.

Thats my set up and i rarely die except when i get mobbed with 0 sp uncloaked but its very rare.

Edited by denebski, 18 July 2015 - 02:59 PM.

#12 Calza

Calza

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 933 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 19 July 2015 - 09:12 AM

Necro - it's just combination of various monsters. No one specific thing!

#13 Calza

Calza

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 933 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 19 July 2015 - 09:16 AM

Really like the idea of the muscipular shield too, just so happens I have on in storage!

Which shield is preferred? Immune or valk?

#14 denebski

denebski

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1256 posts
  • LocationSa likod mo.

Posted 19 July 2015 - 09:25 AM

i put mine into a round buckler. not really needed to compound it to an expensive shield. unless you are that rich.

#15 Calza

Calza

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 933 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 19 July 2015 - 10:58 AM

Just thinking it would help with further reductions!

#16 Sidh

Sidh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 July 2015 - 11:34 AM

if you have the funds go ahead but any shield will do. oh also +0 variant shoes for the shoe slot helps a lot too.

#17 Marionetta

Marionetta

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • LocationWonderland

Posted 19 July 2015 - 12:30 PM

It might not be due the equip, while it does help it's the homun that does the work, so the reason you are dying that much may be because of its settings or even the spot you are in

as a fellow Amistr user I can tell you that, as you might know it's a really slow killer, this makes the monsters to mob around it and start killing it slowly, I've seen that when my Sera gets REALLY mobbed she doesn't attack, she gets "stuck" and doesn't do anything anymore

Also if your homun is busy killing other monsters and its not set to save you, he will forever be stuck fighting other mobs instead of the ones damaging you, so this could be another reason why you are getting killed

#18 Calza

Calza

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 933 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 19 July 2015 - 12:48 PM

My homun definitely isn't dieing, if anything I think he's probably at >95% HP at all times. 

I've got variant shoes already, they definitely help!

#19 Calza

Calza

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 933 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 20 July 2015 - 09:03 AM

Is there a preferred armor to chose for the loli ruri?

#20 hotel

hotel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1571 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:shock town

Posted 20 July 2015 - 10:51 AM

that's interesting, i have a genetic the same level as you with the same hp and he never even gets low with only an immune hbp and cranial valk on. make sure your homun is set to rescue you and perhaps stand closer to other afkemists?

#21 ranalek

ranalek

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 375 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 20 July 2015 - 11:18 AM

every other day I seem to come back to my computer

poor amistr only gets to eat every other day

Edited by ranalek, 20 July 2015 - 12:05 PM.

#22 Ryviux

Ryviux

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1962 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 11:50 AM

Is there a preferred armor to chose for the loli ruri?

any cheap armor you can use is fine. 

although i pick something that can use by all classes.

Your best bet to avoid getting kill while afk is fine other sheep dog users and and afk together and not afk in open spaces. somewhere like a narrow passage is best or at least up against a wall.

#23 neko1231

neko1231

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 11:53 AM

i have seen so many amistr users dying (oh yeaaa i found what is weird!!!! its dying not dieing!!!)

but well...if ur using amistr, it should be fine since it has high aspd. but if ur using a amistr base sera/dieter without aoe, it's very possible that u die cuz ur homu is being mobbed and not able come to res u.

in addition to the above suggestions, u can get a ring of Resonance and maybe combined with ring of flame lord? 

ive seen a gene using that. when ur mobbed, the ring will help u clear all the mobs around

(ofc, wear reduction gears as well)

#24 Marionetta

Marionetta

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • LocationWonderland

Posted 20 July 2015 - 03:10 PM

My homun definitely isn't dieing, if anything I think he's probably at >95% HP at all times. 

I've got variant shoes already, they definitely help!

Maybe it chases monsters off screen an gets stuck there and can't come back, this happened to me just a while ago near the mushroom rock, I came back in time to save my gene but my homun was nowhere near even when its settings are set to rescue me.

Also like I said, Amistr is a really slow killer so maybe he's getting way too mobbed, when this happens to mine it stops attacking and becomes a fluffy punching bag instead for some reason....

Also for the equips don't bother with high end ones (unless you have the money or already have them, well duh use them!)

I have the morrigane set for the perfect dodge, a shinobi carded brooch (for cloaking), a loli ruri meteor plate, muscipular round buckler, nothing fancy as you can see and it's very rare that I die

#25 Calza

Calza

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 933 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 21 July 2015 - 01:46 PM

I've just noticed a peace pipe too, that looks handy for a little bit of reduction?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users