INSANE PRICES AT THE AUCTION HOUSE - Feedback & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

INSANE PRICES AT THE AUCTION HOUSE

27 replies to this topic

#1 Purplewind

Purplewind

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 18 July 2015 - 05:20 PM

I think that there are some issues within the server economy...

I saw some permanent mounts and 3s costumes overpriced at the A.H. during last days,..

It's bad for new players,and the server economy itself,right?

Because how many regular players can afford these prices?

When the game itself is boring(it's very hard to level up higher than ML 20 ... )the only thing that lefts the player in the server,besides their friends and guildies are the costumes and the mounts ,but with these prices at the AH new players can't even dream to afford the exactly desired itens...

Sorry for my bad english >.<

#2 Atha

Atha

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1254 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 18 July 2015 - 07:00 PM

Many times people use the AH as extra storage by putting their items there with excessively high prices.

#3 Purplewind

Purplewind

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 06:01 AM

I Know this,but prices around 500k~700k aren't storage prices ...Just look at the prices announced in game to verify

#4 LeviRD

LeviRD

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members - No Sig
  • 504 posts
  • LocationGreat Britain
  • Server:Odin. IGN: DeadOnArrival

Posted 19 July 2015 - 06:40 AM

I Know this,but prices around 500k~700k aren't storage prices ...Just look at the prices announced in game to verify

With the recent costume fusion sale, ofc there will be alot of 3s costumes....But tbh, those prices are really Overpriced!

What I do is contact the player and make them an offer. If they refuse, THEY ARE GREEDY AND FHRITP NEVER CONTACT/BUY FROM THEM AGAIN! 

#5 Telovi

Telovi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 July 2015 - 09:33 AM

Let's say, that there is no personal conflict here, that there is no way materialism could motivate players to progress, that there is no reason for new players to trail behind just because they are two years late, and yet I still fail to understand how this is an issue, even with all of them spewed out.

Since when having difficulty in acquiring something from a game becomes a problem? After all game is supposed to be hard, at least to me.

So what would happen if Gravity entertain this?

Cap lower auction buyout price? Owners sell from door to door.

One slot per fusion? Permanent mount exclusive box? Narcissists quit the game after a month due to saturation and ubiquitousness.

Wipe every single penny of zenny on Odin? Owners practice Stone Age's way of trading.

Server reset on Odin? Once in a million possibilities, but same difficulty getting any of those things like now.

#6 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1307 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 09:36 AM

When you think about how low the rates are for getting most permanent mounts (usually 1%) and the cost of the box itself, I'd say the prices aren't too crazy in that sense. Same goes for 3s costumes, getting to 3 slot usually takes a couple thousand KP even on sale dates. Anyways with that said, just my opinion:

• If you can't afford it yet, it probably means you aren't ready to own it yet. Remember these are luxury goods for a reason. Luxury goods shouldn't be catered to regular people, otherwise there's no real incentive to sell those if you can make the same kind of money selling regular items.
  • A 3 slot costume is certainly not necessary in the least bit to enjoy the game. You can easily go without the extra 3 slots (and most of the time, you're better off investing that money into other gear to get more marginal benefit). If you want an affordable option to mounts, buy a temporary one and use the Mount Extension coupons from daily attendance or just buy those from other players. Or you can even farm a Permanent Black Label/White Messenger if you PVP a whole lot (though it gets tedious for sure), or hope to be lucky and camp Queen of Destruction for the Argos mount.
  • Many costumes (such as the RO1 styles) are also in very, very short supply because they were sold for only a short period of time. It's always a good idea to keep track of roughly how long it has been since an item has appeared either from an event or in the Kafra Shop. Obviously the longer it has been and the smaller the supply, the pricier it will get. However, while not guaranteed, the positive end is that it's highly likely that an item that hasn't been sold for a while will return to the cash shop soon. We've all seen the patterns of expensive/rare costumes drop to dirt cheap. You can look back on patch notes and often map out the rarity of a costume pretty easily that way. 
  • I make it a habit to check the item database for the rates of certain items before jumping to conclusions. Most of the time if you look up an item you'll see that the rates are abysmal. If that's the case, it often justifies the cost, even if you as a buyer doesn't like it. 
  • If prices are too high, and no one pays for it, then it'll eventually drop. Always PM the seller to see if you can negotiate for lower prices. Most people would be nice enough to do direct trades to avoid the Auction tax anyways. On the other hand, if the prices are consistently high, and sellers are often changing, then it's quite possible that that's the price people value it at, and you should just earn that money to buy it like the other people do.

#7 Tonitrua

Tonitrua

Awarded #1 Troll

• 882 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 09:59 AM

Something else that everyone seems to overlook every time threads get posted about the economy or inflation: if all of the items are more expensive, then that also means you can make more zeny for anything you sell. High prices do not make things harder for you to buy, all of the things you can sell, farm, or trade also have high prices.

A 30 day VIP card which costs 30k is just as easy to buy now as when it cost 2k zeny 2 years ago.

Edited by Tonitrua, 19 July 2015 - 10:01 AM.

#8 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 02:17 AM

Something else that everyone seems to overlook every time threads get posted about the economy or inflation: if all of the items are more expensive, then that also means you can make more zeny for anything you sell. High prices do not make things harder for you to buy, all of the things you can sell, farm, or trade also have high prices.

A 30 day VIP card which costs 30k is just as easy to buy now as when it cost 2k zeny 2 years ago.

Only partly true.

It's an arbitary comparison of two characters now and back then. However, it excludes the differences in how a certain equipment status/level was achieved.

Most veteran players got their infinium, honing scrubs, etc. from previous events and didn't have to buy it. Buying the according boxes now isn't comparable/competitive to farming them. That statement also ignores differences in how important the AH has become and excludes the fact that veteran players profitted from severe market instabilities. (F.e. cheap costumes & seeds after the last server merge).

Additional examples:

A veteran player might have a farming ML1 Beastmaster with a +20 weapon as well. This allows that player to farm more HHBs than a normal character. Or he might have several ML alts to amplify the benefits//income from bind rune dailes. Sure, it took time to level them as well, but the additional benefit is still based on a tradability flaw or abusal (whatever word you prefer). [Same with DNA bots, invisible mat bots, crafting merchants who had it easier to get the necessary recipes, etc.]. And I know enough players who used VMs and/or secondary PCs excessively long before HackShield was removed.

So in my opinion, the originally statement was surely too much centered around the most obvious aspect: the AH prices... and not on the long-term reasons, but the complain about a flawed economy that isn't friendly to new players still sounds valid to me.

#9 Tonitrua

Tonitrua

Awarded #1 Troll

• 882 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 07:47 AM

snip

I think your comment boils down to "veterans can earn zeny more easily" which is obviously true, but I don't believe that increasing prices make it harder for new players to buy items any more than when those items were cheaper, they're still attainable with roughly the same amount of effort.

#10 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 03:41 AM

I think your comment boils down to "veterans can earn zeny more easily" which is obviously true, but I don't believe that increasing prices make it harder for new players to buy items any more than when those items were cheaper, they're still attainable with roughly the same amount of effort.

You're actually mistaken. To 'boil down my comment':

Of course it's true to state that an inflation works both ways: Increasing the prices and the income a player can male by selling items. BUT that's only a snapshot approach that excludes all the effects of an ongoing inflation within an evolving game.

That means if a player would like to get a +20 weapon now without spending kafra points, he is forced to buy infinium from the AH. But that's in no way comparable to the times where 'veteran players' could farm HHBs for Infinium. Likewise, the high prices for socketed costumes and seedrunes are in no relation to the inflation and 'veteran players' had the advantage to use a temporary price decrease for costumes f.e. after the last server merge.

So all in all, it's by far more difficult and more expensive // time consuming to catch up now, hoping to end up with the same equipment 'veteran players' have.

That's why in my opinion, it wasn't the wisest move to highlight the inflation fact about selling prices. IMO, the original post was more about the difficulties to get infinium, seeds & costumes now... but ended up to much focused on the most apparent aspect: The current AH prices.

Edited by Greven79, 21 July 2015 - 03:45 AM.

#11 Tonitrua

Tonitrua

Awarded #1 Troll

• 882 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 08:30 AM

You're actually mistaken. To 'boil down my comment':

Of course it's true to state that an inflation works both ways: Increasing the prices and the income a player can male by selling items. BUT that's only a snapshot approach that excludes all the effects of an ongoing inflation within an evolving game.

That means if a player would like to get a +20 weapon now without spending kafra points, he is forced to buy infinium from the AH. But that's in no way comparable to the times where 'veteran players' could farm HHBs for Infinium. Likewise, the high prices for socketed costumes and seedrunes are in no relation to the inflation and 'veteran players' had the advantage to use a temporary price decrease for costumes f.e. after the last server merge.

So all in all, it's by far more difficult and more expensive // time consuming to catch up now, hoping to end up with the same equipment 'veteran players' have.

That's why in my opinion, it wasn't the wisest move to highlight the inflation fact about selling prices. IMO, the original post was more about the difficulties to get infinium, seeds & costumes now... but ended up to much focused on the most apparent aspect: The current AH prices.

I agree with your sentiment here as well, I think my original comment just wasn't clear enough. You're also right that individual item prices can fluctuate over time due to events, sales, or changes to the game. My point was mostly about the effect of inflating zeny over time.

The events, unattainable items, and those other points you mentioned are in fact things that put newer players at a disadvantage, but I don't think talk of "insane prices at the auction house" or the complaints about inflation are constructive for resolving that problem, or even address the problem in the first place.

#12 Lexarte

Lexarte

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 11:43 AM

Anybody cares?? Nope.

#13 Telovi

Telovi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 12:29 PM

The one who asks for rains? Or the one who asks for government subsidies?

Which one is it that needs care?

#14 Lexarte

Lexarte

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 06:32 AM

5 days has past, so nobody cares about it.

#15 Telovi

Telovi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 05:10 AM

Obama cares.

#16 Amilus

Amilus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 430 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 05:44 AM

vote for TRUMP~

#17 Telovi

Telovi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 07:02 AM

Frank Underwood for 2016 please.

#18 DonBurgo

DonBurgo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 01:29 AM

I think the main problem here is there's no other way for newbie to get zenny if they're not going to sell kp maybe doing Daily quest but it's hard to do Dq with weak gears, putting back the old loot price rate before will help. especially in day-r which is while they are grinding they can also get money, someone might say here bot will take advantage about it but bots will always find way to do illegal stuffs so forget about them.

#19 Tonitrua

Tonitrua

Awarded #1 Troll

• 882 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 03:33 AM

I think the main problem here is there's no other way for newbie to get zenny if they're not going to sell kp

There are lots of ways to earn zeny, and lots of things to farm besides the old dayr loot (which was never very good in the first place)

maybe doing Daily quest but it's hard to do Dq with weak gears

You can literally complete the quests with +0 cazar equipment set, what's hard about it when you're surrounded by 19 other players that can tank and heal to keep you alive? All you need to do is contribute as much dps as you're able to, or support as best you can - most of the bosses can be killed with 1 or 2 players alone, doing them with a raid of 20 is overkill even if half the players are afk.

putting back the old loot price rate before will help. especially in day-r which is while they are grinding they can also get money

All this would serve to accomplish is to drive up inflation once again, and make it even harder for new players to buy stuff.

Edited by Tonitrua, 31 July 2015 - 03:34 AM.

#20 Blondheart

Blondheart

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 03:57 AM

Well...after the last merge millions upon millions were dumped onto Freyja.  If/when Freyja and Odin ever merge all that zeny will be dumped into Odin.  If you think it hard to catch up now...just wait.  With the first merge things went from 3k to 300k in a day.  It settled a tiny bit but not much.  Now things went from 300k to 3 million in a day.  The current ratio for KP on Freyja is 1:1k.  There is no way to catch up, and if new players come to Freyja and see that...I wouldn't blame them for leaving instantly.  The inflation is insane.

#21 DonBurgo

DonBurgo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 01:06 AM

There are lots of ways to earn zeny, and lots of things to farm besides the old dayr loot (which was never very good in the first place)

You can literally complete the quests with +0 cazar equipment set, what's hard about it when you're surrounded by 19 other players that can tank and heal to keep you alive? All you need to do is contribute as much dps as you're able to, or support as best you can - most of the bosses can be killed with 1 or 2 players alone, doing them with a raid of 20 is overkill even if half the players are afk.

All this would serve to accomplish is to drive up inflation once again, and make it even harder for new players to buy stuff.

well i guess i am wrong then, but when i was a newbie I survive and did get my +20 gears because of day r loots because that time i really don't have any idea how to earn zenny that time

There's way to prove that the life in ro2 is hard now especially for newbie, first survey and 2nd get someone who never played ro2 and make him/her play ro2 if he can't get osiris set +20 in 1 week of his play time I win and if not i dont know XD

*1 week for grinding 1 week for farming*

Edited by DonBurgo, 01 August 2015 - 02:48 AM.

#22 DonBurgo

DonBurgo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 01:10 AM

Well...after the last merge millions upon millions were dumped onto Freyja.  If/when Freyja and Odin ever merge all that zeny will be dumped into Odin.  If you think it hard to catch up now...just wait.  With the first merge things went from 3k to 300k in a day.  It settled a tiny bit but not much.  Now things went from 300k to 3 million in a day.  The current ratio for KP on Freyja is 1:1k.  There is no way to catch up, and if new players come to Freyja and see that...I wouldn't blame them for leaving instantly.  The inflation is insane.

well said xD hahah

#23 Tonitrua

Tonitrua

Awarded #1 Troll

• 882 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 02:21 AM

i really don't have any idea how to earn zenny that time

This is where the actual problem lies, not with dayr loot. Just because you didn't know how to farm zeny any other way doesn't mean there aren't ways to farm it, or that it's impossible to do. I've never farmed any zeny at condors/mukas when I was leveling up, and that never stopped me from earning what I needed to buy my equipment and items.

There's way to prove that the life in ro2 is hard now especially for newbie, first survey and 2nd get someone who never played ro2 and make him/her play ro2 if he can't get osiris set +20 in 1 week of his play time I win and if not i dont know XD

That's an unrealistic test for a number of reasons, most experienced players can't even make it from level 1 to ML20 in a week, let alone farming the 200-300k or so zeny required to refine an entire armor set to +20, and shouldn't be that easy to reach high levels, and get the strongest gear available in the first place. 

A +20 osiris set isn't even required at that level anyway, I leveled my last few characters with +0 menace set and a +20 menace weapon in osiris, which is much more reasonable to attain for a new player in a matter of a couple of weeks.

#24 DonBurgo

DonBurgo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 02:38 AM

This is where the actual problem lies, not with dayr loot. Just because you didn't know how to farm zeny any other way doesn't mean there aren't ways to farm it, or that it's impossible to do. I've never farmed any zeny at condors/mukas when I was leveling up, and that never stopped me from earning what I needed to buy my equipment and items.

That's an unrealistic test for a number of reasons, most experienced players can't even make it from level 1 to ML20 in a week, let alone farming the 200-300k or so zeny required to refine an entire armor set to +20, and shouldn't be that easy to reach high levels, and get the strongest gear available in the first place. 

A +20 osiris set isn't even required at that level anyway, I leveled my last few characters with +0 menace set and a +20 menace weapon in osiris, which is much more reasonable to attain for a new player in a matter of a couple of weeks.

Well for newbie day r loots are the best way for gaining zenny "NEWBIE" means you dont know yet everything in game, it never cause inflation too.

My mistake sorry, 1 week you can be 1 ml20 and its much easier now because of exp boost 

1 week you can farm in muka, and in 1 week farming you will gain 200k+ zenny and plus blueseed rune and redseed rune farming it will be easy to get +20 osi set in 1 week no need to make it on your own buy it. and and and this is out of topic so maybe you're more right then but do the survey  to know every players opinion it will be helpful.

what i want to say is day r loot price before are really useful for newbies, if the game will give more special attention to newbies the game will gain more member.

This is just my opinion nothing else xD

Edited by DonBurgo, 01 August 2015 - 10:14 PM.

#25 quickiee

quickiee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 04:31 AM

Well, since the thai merge, the auction house pricing in freyja has gone ridiculously inflated by much much more and i still feel thats an understatement.

So now, my question is what went wrong? I've read somewhere about Njoror saying that the zeny restriction was done after their analyzing towards thai server.

I might not hav the actual data or proof, but it doesnt take a rocket scientist to know how badly the zeny restriction was after thai merged into freyja.

Below are the comparison between sea and thai merge restrictions(for zeny only)

Thai Zeny Restriction

If you have up to 50,000 zeny, you may keep it.
If you have 50,001-170,000 zeny, you will keep 50,000.
If you have above 170,000 zeny, you will keep 30% of your zeny.

Sea Zeny Restriction
All characters with over 2,000 zeny will have their zeny reduced by 50%
All characters with zeny over 20,000 will have their zeny reduced by another 50% (1/4)
Any character that has over 35,000 zeny will be reduced down to 35,000 zeny

All these could be argued that thai server as a whole doesnt hav more zeny than sea due to server population and sea server might be an older server during the merge hence the restriction format.

Not to mention that sea server players has all their items bounded while thai server players has everything freely tradable after the merger(i even saw this particular greenseed rune[accel] which was in our server database but not implemented ingame but now selling freely in freyja auction house)

So, back to my question again. What actually went wrong or rather did the merger restriction gone all well as intended?

Imho, i felt that the 3rd line of thai zeny restriction 'If you have above 170,000 zeny, you will keep 30% of your zeny' should instead be 'If you hav 170,000 zeny, you will keep 30% of your zeny' which is 51,000 zeny which makes more sense

As of now, it will take months if not forever for freyja economy to stabilize itself. But honestly speaking, the damage has been done and i believe it will take too long for freyja economy to recover hence WP can only merge both odin and freyja together which is the only solution

Just my 2cents

Sincerely
By a busybody Odin player

Edited by quickiee, 02 August 2015 - 04:31 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users