Questions from a new 'hardcore' classic hopeful - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Questions from a new 'hardcore' classic hopeful

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 XanV

XanV

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 06:14 AM

Hello all, 

I just made a character on classic yesterday after not playing since launch. I'm looking to stay long-term however, and hope to be a new 'hardcore' player on this server. I'm playing a hybrid knight build, however currently I'm only 70 (Just got done with Jumping Jainway), but I managed refine some equips.

Currently Hes at over 178 aspd and about to cross 80 def as well, but the build is still in the final stage of being put together so hes missing a stat point here and there and his last 2 BB skill ups as well. 

Anyway, I'm trying to figure out the best way to level from 70-99, as I'm hoping to transcend before the Jumping Jainway event ends. I read somewhere that renting the kafra combat knife and hitting OD2 is the best xp for a knight to 99; it sounds plausible to me simply because the higher attack speed would help me recover sp to keep bb on more consistent firing. 

Am I thinking about this wrong or is that fairly good xp? Its a bit hard to sort conjecture and rhetoric from definitive statistical gains.

-Thanks for any help!

P.S. Is 2x xp for free players, 4x xp for vip still going on? The iRO classic wiki said it was, but occasionally its wrong so I thought I'd ask.

EDIT: Forgot to mention before Ive been fighting with auto attack mostly and the occ B or BB thrown in.

Edited by XanV, 19 July 2015 - 06:18 AM.

#2 ClickClickClick

ClickClickClick

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 754 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 July 2015 - 06:21 AM

A classic post!

inb4 Xellie.

#3 Tribe

Tribe

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 728 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Freya

Posted 19 July 2015 - 07:31 AM

If I was still playing and leveling a knight I would do it in Dragons and Thors. But as a new player (and as agi it seems)this would be too hard.

Find a list of items you will need and hunt them as you level imo. Ray cards and stuff.

#4 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 19 July 2015 - 08:51 AM

Hello all, 

I just made a character on classic yesterday after not playing since launch. I'm looking to stay long-term however, and hope to be a new 'hardcore' player on this server. I'm playing a hybrid knight build, however currently I'm only 70 (Just got done with Jumping Jainway), but I managed refine some equips.

Currently Hes at over 178 aspd and about to cross 80 def as well, but the build is still in the final stage of being put together so hes missing a stat point here and there and his last 2 BB skill ups as well. 

Anyway, I'm trying to figure out the best way to level from 70-99, as I'm hoping to transcend before the Jumping Jainway event ends. I read somewhere that renting the kafra combat knife and hitting OD2 is the best xp for a knight to 99; it sounds plausible to me simply because the higher attack speed would help me recover sp to keep bb on more consistent firing. 

Am I thinking about this wrong or is that fairly good xp? Its a bit hard to sort conjecture and rhetoric from definitive statistical gains.

-Thanks for any help!

P.S. Is 2x xp for free players, 4x xp for vip still going on? The iRO classic wiki said it was, but occasionally its wrong so I thought I'd ask.

EDIT: Forgot to mention before Ive been fighting with auto attack mostly and the occ B or BB thrown in.

nah, get vit so you can mob even bigger and get SP from every hit of bowling bash. Do Clocktower high orcs ~ 80 then clocktower underground is good (bathories/anolians) but even better, find a guild with a luina guild dungeon and make friends AND MONEY!

You don't really need that much aspd. If you find my group at west kafra prontera after WoE, we can advise you a little ^^

A classic post!

inb4 Xellie.

no u

#5 XanV

XanV

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 10:36 AM

nah, get vit so you can mob even bigger and get SP from every hit of bowling bash. Do Clocktower high orcs ~ 80 then clocktower underground is good (bathories/anolians) but even better, find a guild with a luina guild dungeon and make friends AND MONEY!

....You don't really need that much aspd....

I will look for a guild after I hit the upper 80s, which I think I should be able to do fairly quick.

I was under the impression aspd was good but my thinking might have been old or always inefficient haha. My base stats of now are;

Str 70

Agi 46

Vit 30

Dex 35 

Where should I go from there with that?

*EDIT: Forgot to mention still base 70, 30 job level.

Edited by XanV, 19 July 2015 - 10:37 AM.

#6 Tribe

Tribe

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 728 posts
  • Server:Freya

Posted 19 July 2015 - 02:43 PM

use a stat calc and work out how much hit you will need to GD mobs - get the dex for that then rest str/vit imo.

Edit. If you need some stuff to help I can sort of gear you a bit. 

I have a brocca, bigfot buk, ray card (sorry) and some random stuff that might help you. Pm me here when you can get online.

Edit again!

He should now be kinda set with what I have given him! 

Edited by Tribe, 19 July 2015 - 03:50 PM.

#7 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 19 July 2015 - 10:54 PM

I will look for a guild after I hit the upper 80s, which I think I should be able to do fairly quick.

I was under the impression aspd was good but my thinking might have been old or always inefficient haha. My base stats of now are;

Str 70

Agi 46

Vit 30

Dex 35 

Where should I go from there with that?

*EDIT: Forgot to mention still base 70, 30 job level.

don't worry about finding a guild, just haunt west kafra in prontera and we'll let you use the GD :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users