Crusader for solo and small group - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Crusader for solo and small group

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ManicPumpkin

ManicPumpkin

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 10:31 AM

Hey,

I've played RO some years ago, but for me, it's right now like starting new, because of Renewal.

I started with playing a crusader for solo fun and sometimes I also play with a friend of mine (he's archer) as a group, but I'm not really sure which build I should use (because many information's in the web are outdated) and this renewal and reborn stuff doesn't make the life easier for "Newcomer's". ^^

So that's why I ask you for your advice, maybe you can help me with some questions and builds.

I searched the web and first of all I figured some builds out from irowiki.org, but the thing there is, that I can find Crusader builds, and also build's for RG and Paladin, but I'm not really sure if they are outdated and how to combine them to each other. 

All of these builds there don't use heal. I think that's okay, but with an VIT build it will be a little horrible (?) to heal your crusader.

Frist I thought about a Shield Crusader, but this kind is more for playing together with a Soul Linker. So this idea is useless. GC Crusader's are also pretty much fun. All in all more build for Undead situations, but I'm not that sure if I will stay in Neff for a lifetime. (;

The same for the HC Crusader. AGI-Spear-Crusader's are also nice and recommend for Newcomer's, but there are also different kind's of them like that one in IROWIKI or HERE named as "Critical Spear Cursader". 

All in all, I don't even understand the system of the renewal. I have to build a Crusader, which is useful for the life after the life of a Crusader, but the information about this is a little confusing. 

I become a Crusader with Job-Level 40-50. After that I've to play until 99/50 for getting an Paladin or Royal Guard, but I can also play the Paladin till 99/70 again for getting a Royal Guard? Or do I misunderstand this PICTURE ?

Thank you for your help! (-:

Best regards,

Manic.

#2 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 July 2015 - 03:20 PM

Hey man, i would say go agi for sure.

Here is a video of a guy that knows his stuff. He might come around and help too.

#3 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 09:44 AM

AGI builds are okay for crusaders especially if you aren't well-funded. For paladin I would not recommend too much AGI (if any at all). If you still don't have much funds and want to ctrl-click things, I would say only put a maximum of 40-60 AGI while you are paladin. Your ASPD would still be okay with spear quicken but you would be able to put more of your stats into other stats that will be more useful for an early leveling RG build like VIT, STR, DEX, and maybe even a little INT.

#4 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 20 July 2015 - 10:22 AM

That video is just for random fun video. It is not meant for new players. Some points to note about Crusader/Paladin.

> Not recommend to be your first/main character. The class is not easy to start off with 0 zeny.

> Need some funds to level.

> Hard to level even if you have decent gears.

Yes you are almost right. Here are the steps to become a Royal guard

Novice (any/10) -> Swordman (any/40) -> Crusader (99/50) -> Rebirth -> Super novice (any/10) -> High Swordman (any/50) -> Paladin (99/70) -> Royal guard (175/60)

There are 3 ways to level Crusader/Paladin. I will go from the most common method to the least common method;

1. Party: Sacrifice job.

This method is the most common. It is probably the cheapest method to level. I think you only need Healing gears. Sell some Cash shop items for easy starter zeny. It will take you a while to get a party. Low TI is never need a Sacrifice. In fact Sacrifice is only needed in PvP/WoE or probably high-level instances (ie ET, Bio4). So you might not even get a party invite at all.

2. Solo Auto-cast.

I've never tried this method but I've seen couple RGs with this levelling method. Mhm ... Im not sure what gears you need and totally clueless about the stats. The gears you need for sure are Healing gears and Ring of Resonance. Ring of Flame and Ifrit mask are optional. Stats will probably focus around VIT and INT (to heal yourself). You also need a Peach tree card in your shield. Loyal Loli pet is optional. This method is a bit more expensive than the first method.

3. Solo Agi-Spear.

This build is very expensive. So I dont really recommend it for a new player. Based on my opinion, AGI/LUCK > STR > VIT/DEX > INT. The stats in my video was a mess I think but it worked just fine to me haha. The only pro I can think of is the fun. This build is very fun to play. There are many cons, however, from expensive gears and buffs.

#5 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 11:22 AM

Magnum Break / Grand Cross builds are decent too, but you definitely need decent gears / consumables. GC can actually achieve really insane damage potential on undead/demon considering it's just a second class skill.

Edit: also, holy cross build. Hard to say whether the skill is important enough to name a "build" after it, but it's a really SP-cheap skill that does a lot of single target damage with a two handed spear. Not bad for unfunded new players.

Edited by kasshin, 20 July 2015 - 11:32 AM.

#6 ManicPumpkin

ManicPumpkin

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 03:59 PM

Hey guys,

thank you for your replies. Now I understand a little bit more the renewal system behind it. (;

For me the stuff with the crusader seems a little bit complicated. The thing is, that in different guides is mentioned that the AGI-Spear-Cursader is one of the best. But there is not that much written about the costs you have to play him nicely. I mean the money you've to put into in his equpiment. ^^

Some people are saying that an Spear Sader (don't know excatly what this means) is much better to play for soloing and leveling (sometimes grouping), than other kinds of crusader builds. On the other hand one is writing that an DEX GC is the best and the AGI GC is retarted (SOURCE). It's nice to read such things, without even knowing what the big idea behind this is. AGI is for me more worth than DEX, because of attacking fast, but a little DEX is needed because of the accuracy. That's for sure, but why should an cursader on DEX more useful than one on AGI? And how should both of them have enough INT to cast GC? Is VIT there necessary? (Such questions you have as an newcomer, because you don't see the whole idea behind that ^^).

In one German guide a person is showing different kinds of Crusaders and how good they are for Solo-Play, Leveling, PVP and WOE. The last two are not the recommenend for me right now and don't stand in the focus, but for the Soloing and Leveling he said (SOURCE) that an "Spear/Holy Cross" or "Spear/Heal" Crusader would be useful. Also the "Holy Cross/Heal/Bash" would be nice to play.

For me, the idea of an demon hunter would benice, but this depends more on the question if it would be so useful for playing the most of the time alone. ^^

The problem I have with such builds is, that why I should play then an AGI-Spear-Crusader, when an Knight on this is much better? Why I shouldn't use the Crusader skills and use them like I have them? The problem I have is, that most of the information and guides are very, very outdated and new players don't have any chance to find a good and solid guide. ^^

I know the fun and the style how to play an character varies a lot and matters a lot, but I guess it wouldn't be possible to test them all out first, before you deceide. (;

#7 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 21 July 2015 - 08:12 AM

For the Agi-Spear type

The stat I use is: AGI/LUCK > STR > VIT/DEX > INT, doesnt have to be like this. It doesnt really matter actually in my opinion. Its about the gears.

Headgear: Little Feather Hat or +9 Evil Marching Hat (EMH), and Witch Pumpking Hat (WPH)

Mid/Bot: Alarm mask

Weapon: +7/+9 Hunting spear (Paper card) or +7/+9 Brooca  (FS or Sharp but preferable the latter)

Garment: HBP or FAW (Max Fatal enchants)

Armor: Any
Shield: Any

Suggestion items: Valk armor, Life Link, Sacred Mission shield, Rosa shield, Variant boots, Diabolus Boots, Cat hand glove, Ring of Flame, RWC ring.

> Swich WPH on to heal and switch to LFH or EMH when attacking. If you dont like to switch, just default WPH.

> If you are gonna default WPH, you dont need a shield. It will just slow down your ASPD. Put a shield in your hotkey however in case you gettting big mob and you need a shield equipped.

> Use Magmung break and Endure often.

> Dont use Guard, it will just slow you down both attacking and moving/pulling.

> To enchant your fun experiences (optional): Enrich Celermine Juice, Savage meat (+20 STR), Petite Noodle (+20 LUCK), and Elemental converter. These are not expensive.

#8 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 08:53 AM

Don't overthink it and just go and try it out. In the case of Crusader, all your stats and skills get reset when you rebirth anyway. So it will be a great learning process for you already.

For paladin -> RG, you get unlimited free skill resets provided you are level 99 or under. Stat resets are not free (though they aren't too expensive either).

Eden Gramps Turn Ins are probably the most popular way to level from 70-150. Definitely check them out and learn how they work.

Many of those guides you are reading are definitely outdated (just look at the post date). It is indeed hard to distinguish between outdated prerenewal guides vs renewal guides, but anything that mentions RGs will be referring to renewal.

Perhaps if you provide your current stats / gears / other plans, we can give you more recommendations.

AOE builds will always be superior to single target builds for leveling, because killing many at once is always faster EXP than killing one at a time obviously. They are more expensive builds though because you will also be getting hurt faster. Magnum Break is pretty good up till ~80. Grand Cross is really underrated and is actually comparable with third class skills in terms of damage.

Knight vs Crusader will be like a whole endless forum thread on its own. They each have their pros and cons and many of the differences will be more during the RK vs RG stages.

#9 ManicPumpkin

ManicPumpkin

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 03:30 AM

Hey guys,

thank you very much for your patience!

I'm just stucking between this written Spear-Agi-Crsader of ChakriGuard or this kind of GC-Crusader on the iROWiki. The thing I figured out, in any case, I've to completely reset my stats. For me more the stats are the problems, because I would never reset my character because of on point in a wrong ability, what other's are currently doing. (-;

For new people it is not that easy, because leveling until Base 99 to get "unlimited" respec's is such a thing, because you've to level until 99 first and that would be very horrible with the wrong build. (-;

As far as I can say, you are able to respec your character with the hypnotist guy (only skills) and two times for free from this Agent's (as long as this information isn't outdated yet ^^).

I read also Hayroh's Guide which is a good build, but there is nothing written about the Crusader life and stats. As far as I can say, it seems like a classic Agi-Spear-Crusader. The leveling of HC and GC is only for the skills of either Paladin or RG. Don't know which skills belong to one of them. DX

I guess, I should try this GC guy first, to get experience (and for a little fast leveling because of AoE), how it works. But I will modifiy it a little, because of Guard and Sacrifice. Is it there useful to use a Spear? Or should I use Sword Mastery? Stupid Idea: Without Agi, it wouldn't be nice to wait a whole year for a second attack with spear. So the sword should be a little bit better. (-;

If all of my thoughts are not working, then I will go to the classic Agi-Spear build, only to be save until reborn! ^^

@ kasshin:

Yes, you are right. To start such an topic here isn't good, because there are more than enough topics already of Knight vs. Crusader. (-;

// EDIT 1:

Replaced spear by sword.

// EDIT 2:

The first build of GC: Skills & Stats.

Suggestions? (-:

Edited by ManicPumpkin, 22 July 2015 - 04:20 AM.

#10 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 08:53 AM

GC build is expensive. AOE builds in general are expensive because you are getting hit a lot. But it is definitely the best damage you can get. That's why AGI spear builds are pretty good for new crusaders.

My recommendation: go hybrid AGI-spear + holy cross + tank as crusader. Use holy cross until you are low on SP, then switch to AGI-spear ctrl-click. Get a few levels of guard after that to help you tank for eden gramps turn ins. Go for AGI oriented stats first, maybe opt for a little INT for holy cross SP usage, and then pump your VIT to help you tank in eden gramps turn ins. You don't need a lot of funds for this.

For paladin / RG, this will depend a lot on your budget. Perhaps we can revisit this when you are actually near here to see what your budget is at the time. If you post your budget and what gears you already have that can help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users