Soul Craft Randomizer and Soul Craft Extractor Removal - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Soul Craft Randomizer and Soul Craft Extractor Removal

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#1 Hastur

Hastur

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1553 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 November 2010 - 08:40 PM

We will be temporarily removing the Soul Craft Randomizer and Soul Craft Extractor item from our item mall effective 11/24/2010 after maintenance. This is temporary removal as the items are repriced and then replaced in the item mall.

Barunson feels that our price point is too low and that selling too many of these items at such a low price point will cause major imbalances in game. We will be temporarily removing these items to reassess them and see how major their impact is on the community at large. Once this is done we will be reintroducing them at a higher price point that both Barunson and us here at Gravity Interactive can agree on.

We thank you for your understanding in the matter and would like to be clear that this is not our decision but something Barunson feels strongly about and as such we must take it under advisement.

The item will remain on sale until the maintenance period begins. So this is your last chance to purchase these items at this price point, so please take advantage while you can.

#2 HiRyan

HiRyan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 901 posts
  • LocationIn your pants
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 23 November 2010 - 08:46 PM

Well hope you guys find a reasonable price for it then

#3 Celestia

Celestia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 08:49 PM

Is it being removed after the maint tomorrow at 3pm?

#4 ApeKing

ApeKing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 08:52 PM

Make them cost 5$ each please.

Edited by ApeKing, 23 November 2010 - 08:52 PM.

#5 Hastur

Hastur

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1553 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 08:52 PM

Is it being removed after the maint tomorrow at 3pm?

yes

#6 ImDiene

ImDiene

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 612 posts
  • LocationYurai's <3

Posted 23 November 2010 - 08:54 PM

I spent so much gold on randomizers. They're so expensive. q_q

#7 Misuu

Misuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 08:56 PM

well, I knew it was too good to be true. Anyway Looking forward for the prices. Still have to wait a year till I can buy my points with my own money lol

#8 ApeKing

ApeKing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 08:56 PM

Might I suggest making them untradable? Now that they are going to raised in price, people are going to buy them buy the thousands, and sell them for absurd prices on the market. This is gonna cause a MAJOR imbalance in the economy.

Edited by ApeKing, 23 November 2010 - 08:57 PM.

#9 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 09:01 PM

=(

#10 OrangeCrush

OrangeCrush

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 09:02 PM

Might I suggest making them untradable? Now that they are going to raised in price, people are going to buy them buy the thousands, and sell them for absurd prices on the market. This is gonna cause a MAJOR imbalance in the economy.

Lol I hear the randomizers that were at 14g and 44 silvers a couple hours ago have now risen to prices 50g and up. Fear the power of supply and demand!

#11 Hastur

Hastur

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1553 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 09:03 PM

We'll suggest it to Barunson, but i doubt they can get it in time. We'll try to get the item put back into the item mall as soon as we can. We'll definitely keep you posted.

#12 ApeKing

ApeKing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 09:05 PM

We'll suggest it to Barunson, but i doubt they can get it in time. We'll try to get the item put back into the item mall as soon as we can. We'll definitely keep you posted.

I appreciate it. I dont like the idea of it much as much as anyone else but it really could end up bad...

#13 Endbringer

Endbringer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 574 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 09:09 PM

Could we possibly get a heads up on the actual new cost of said items?

#14 Dorkish

Dorkish

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed. ;)

Posted 23 November 2010 - 09:11 PM

We don't necessarily need to make the randomizers untradeable; just need to get the randomizers back into IM with the updated prices. Market should adjust accordingly to the new prices. Of course, I don't like the idea of the prices going up, but it sure beats everyone hoarding the randomizers and selling for outrageous prices once they're out of IM for who knows how long.

Edited by Dorkish, 23 November 2010 - 09:11 PM.

#15 Hastur

Hastur

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1553 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 09:13 PM

Could we possibly get a heads up on the actual new cost of said items?

Its still being discussed like i said we have to talk it over with barunson and come up with a price we can both agree on. Right now in their eyes we have it too low, in our eyes what they want is too high. We are pushing for a middle ground. As soon as we have a price points we'll toss it in this thread and let you know when reimplementing will happen.

#16 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 09:16 PM

Lol I hear the randomizers that were at 14g and 44 silvers a couple hours ago have now risen to prices 50g and up. Fear the power of supply and demand!

Honestly, I would think that having them at a low price in the cash shop would encourage people to sell them for less in the market, creating greater availability and balance for all players. Having them at a high price will cause cash spenders to use them on their own characters, and will also lead to less randomizers being purchased. Perhaps the balancing issue is not one between players (I don't see how it could be), but rather a matter of players becoming powerful too easily. After all, when players get stats that are close to perfect, they no longer have a reason to spend money on the game. Low cost of cash items = less money from players who plan to get insane stats regardless of cost. The increase in the cost of cash items in gold will cause more imbalance between free players and cash spenders.

Just my opinion of course. I'm sure that the change in price will not be too terrible, and whatever decision that is made will be reasonable.

#17 Endbringer

Endbringer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 574 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 09:18 PM

Its still being discussed like i said we have to talk it over with barunson and come up with a price we can both agree on. Right now in their eyes we have it too low, in our eyes what they want is too high. We are pushing for a middle ground. As soon as we have a price points we'll toss it in this thread and let you know when reimplementing will happen.

Alrighty, Thanks for the info.

#18 canajew

canajew

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 583 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 09:18 PM

If they're going to be more expensive shouldn't they have a better chance of giving decent stats. I'm not sure about everyone else but you can burn through A LOT of em to just get the stat category that you want, not even the correct or acceptable amount.

#19 ApeKing

ApeKing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 09:21 PM

Honestly, I would think that having them at a low price in the cash shop would encourage people to sell them for less in the market, creating greater availability and balance for all players. Having them at a high price will cause cash spenders to use them on their own characters, and will also lead to less randomizers being purchased. Perhaps the balancing issue is not one between players (I don't see how it could be), but rather a matter of players becoming powerful too easily. After all, when players get stats that are close to perfect, they no longer have a reason to spend money on the game. Low cost of cash items = less money from players who plan to get insane stats regardless of cost. The increase in the cost of cash items in gold will cause more imbalance between free players and cash spenders.

Just my opinion of course. I'm sure that the change in price will not be too terrible, and whatever decision that is made will be reasonable.

Its unbalanced because now people can get whatever stats they want on their gear with minimal to zero effort. All they have to do is slap down some cash. Before this you ahd to soul or at least gold farm to get what you wanted. It took effort. Now all it takes is a bank account.

#20 invazn

invazn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 November 2010 - 09:22 PM

Does Barunson feel that the scoulcrafting rates are a bit too difficult? Especially now that randomizers/extrators will increase in price, some people might go back to the traditional SC method of obtaining stats..

#21 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 09:28 PM

Its unbalanced because now people can get whatever stats they want on their gear with minimal to zero effort. All they have to do is slap down some cash. Before this you ahd to soul or at least gold farm to get what you wanted. It took effort. Now all it takes is a bank account.

Then remove them altogether. The point is if they are inexpensive there will be a large supply of them, and everyone can get them for gold. Changing the price does not change the fact that the people with money will get them. Increasing the price actually means that having money to spend on this game becomes more important. The only difference now is all players have to do is slap down more cash!

I've been here since day 1 of THQ. I know all about the old system, and the changes that have been made.

Edited by Maronu, 23 November 2010 - 09:37 PM.

#22 canajew

canajew

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 583 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 09:36 PM

YAY LETS JUST WIDEN THE CHASM BETWEEN CASH AND NON CASH PLAYERS AGAIN

Edited by canajew, 23 November 2010 - 09:40 PM.

#23 ApeKing

ApeKing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 09:38 PM

Then remove them altogether. The point is if they are inexpensive there will be a large supply of them, and everyone can get them for gold. Changing the price does not change the fact that the people with money will get them. Increasing the price actually means that having money to spend on this game becomes more important.

I've been here since day 1 of THQ. I know all about the old system, and the changes that have been made.

If they are cheap then everyone and their dog will have top gear. Like Yurai said before "If by fun you mean nobody dying".

The problem isn't cost. The problem is how many there are already floating around before this change happens. Ive seen shops with STACKS of them. STACKS. Nine hundred ninety nine. Selling for 50 gold a pop. And you know what the problem with this is? People WILL buy them for that amount. Since the soul-crafting rate is so insanely bad right now, it would be cheaper to down 1000 gold on 20 of them then try an soulcraft your equip 20 times. This is gonna lead to a group of incredibly rich people in game.

I'm all for the removal of these things. Unfortunately its too late now.

#24 OrangeCrush

OrangeCrush

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 09:39 PM

Posted Image
Yes, he's right you know. The economy will grooow right into that guy's pocket xD

#25 ApeKing

ApeKing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 09:41 PM

Posted Image
Yes, he's right you know. The economy will grooow right into that guy's pocket xD

Onoes Ive been screencapped!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users