Best regards :no1:

#2 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 20 July 2015 - 03:59 PM

Well ROs current classes already fulfill most fantasies you'd look for on an MMO. Plus kRO wouldn't go for a new class when they can't even give us second and third jobs for expanded classes in a timely manner.

But if there was to be a new class you'd have to look for a fantasy not already fulfilled with the current classes. Not to mention if you want it to be a main class you have to find TWO fantasies not already fulfilled.

We already have several summoned fantasies, beast master, swordsman, and lots of things. We got healers and Sorcs are basically shamans and all that -_-.

The one thing we're missing is a class fulfilling the fantasies of necromantic types of -_-. Like shadow, undead, and ghost property skills. Warlocks can do some limited ghost skills but they're much more focused on elements.

I'd like to see such a class that works on countering support classes in WoE and doing loads of status damage and DoT in PvM realms.

#3 onlyinca

onlyinca

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • Server:Chos. Loki

Posted 20 July 2015 - 08:05 PM

If u compared to ro2, they lack musicians and but have a shape shifting animal class that fights like bear

#4 ShadowKnights

ShadowKnights

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 10:13 PM

Well ROs current classes already fulfill most fantasies you'd look for on an MMO. Plus kRO wouldn't go for a new class when they can't even give us second and third jobs for expanded classes in a timely manner.

But if there was to be a new class you'd have to look for a fantasy not already fulfilled with the current classes. Not to mention if you want it to be a main class you have to find TWO fantasies not already fulfilled.

We already have several summoned fantasies, beast master, swordsman, and lots of things. We got healers and Sorcs are basically shamans and all that -_-.

The one thing we're missing is a class fulfilling the fantasies of necromantic types of -_-. Like shadow, undead, and ghost property skills. Warlocks can do some limited ghost skills but they're much more focused on elements.

I'd like to see such a class that works on countering support classes in WoE and doing loads of status damage and DoT in PvM realms.

Can you tell me who is like Samurai in the ragnarok ?

Edited by ShadowKnights, 21 July 2015 - 10:14 PM.

#5 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 05:07 AM

Ninjas and Swordsman.

#6 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9326 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 22 July 2015 - 05:30 AM

Ninjas and Swordsman.

assassins kinda too, dual wield swords (kagerou and oboro can dual wield too)

#7 Catastrophe07

Catastrophe07

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 July 2015 - 05:33 AM

While it is nice to see new classes here they should balance/fix first those forgotten classes (Super novice, K/O, TK classes). It's kinda sad to have new classes without touching these poor classes lol.

Edited by Catastrophe07, 22 July 2015 - 05:34 AM.

#8 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 06:18 AM

While it is nice to see new classes here they should balance/fix first those forgotten classes (Super novice, K/O, TK classes). It's kinda sad to have new classes without touching these poor classes lol.

Expanded classes are intended as a novelty thing to kRO and are purposely made weak.

#9 ShadowKnights

ShadowKnights

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 03:10 PM

I have questions :ic: 

1- Then what is class you want add in ro ?

2- what is class you think not yet in ro ?

3- Do you think ro will make new class in future ?

4- Do you think ro will make class 4-1 and 4-2 in future ?

Best regards :ani_bo: :no1:

#10 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 July 2015 - 03:38 PM

Purely out of fun, I had brainstormed a few ideas for varying classes. Tho there are aspects of them already present ingame. For example, I thought of a barbarian or berserker style class but aspects that would define that class are already taken up by knight (frenzy, tank), assassin (dual wield), and crusader (martyr's reckoning style self harm to do more damage).

Likewise, I thought of a type of 'gish' (warrior mage hybrid) and that's already covered in stuff like shadow chaser (auto shadow spell) and sage (hindsight, spell fist), and later knight (enchant blade, aura blade, etc.) 

Overall, the "jobs" are already taken, so the class would have to be novel... and in terms of novelty, the expanded classes are quite fitting.

Still, as a fun thought experiment, what would you imagine to be the primary role of something like a Samurai, ShadowKnights?

Typically, samurai style classes are used as a crowd control melee warrior so I'd imagine a lot of aoe debuff, taunt, counter, etc. abilities. Kind of like a mix of what RG does but more offensively and a bit of stuff like deathbound from RK. 

#11 ShadowKnights

ShadowKnights

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 05:34 PM

I have questions :ic:

1- Then what is class you want add in ro ?

2- what is class you think not yet in ro ?

3- Do you think ro will make new class in future ?

4- Do you think ro will make class 4-1 and 4-2 in future ?

Best regards :ani_bo: :no1:

No anyone will answer for  questions :hmm:

#12 DestinyTalim

DestinyTalim

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie/Chaos

Posted 07 October 2015 - 03:08 PM

About the 4-1/4-2 classes, I don't think they ever implement them but the idea is cool, such as Royal Guard going to Templar or Rune Knight turning into Dragon Knight.  Archbishop could go Archangel, Sura can stay Sura, etc.

#13 CarlosWolf

CarlosWolf

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 09:17 AM

Unlike what some people said, not all archetypes are fulfilled. We don't actually have a summoner(the closest we have is the alchemist with his homunculi), we don't have a specialized debuffer(we should have a harm spell, as well as the opposite of the acolyte buffs), we don't have an arcane archer, there is no one to craft armors, accessories and bows(we could well do with an artisan third path for merchant), we don't have a swordmaster either(there should be ki-using with the sword, phisical enhancement, and so on). We could also have a third path for thief which manipulated shadows to attack, increase defense and/or flee for him or his allies, and who had the ability to use some sort of shadowmeld to "teleport", similar to the ninja's shadow leap skill, but keeping hidden and not attacking with it. The point is: you could well have new roleplays(pointy of an RPG) and gameplays with a new path to each of the 6 basic classes(2-3 and 3-3). For instance, the AA could get a passive skill that adds MATK(10% per lvl, up to 100%), and from that learn elemental attack buffs(maybe 5 levels,going from 100% to 120% damage with that element), and then special attacks that act differently depending on the buff(blasts and such with the element of the buff). The summoner could be a necromeancer or dark priest, and he could summon allied undeads, cause harm(which would heal undead) and debuff enemies. There should be a sort of "primal mage", which would learn spells that are resisted by DEF instead of MDEF(he would manipulate the world itself, like cave-ins, landslides, aluminum dust and dust explosions). There could be a trickster or shadowmancer for the thief, and have shadow spikes, shadow cloak and shadow armor, as well as mobility skills. The swordmaster, or weapon master, or whatever, would have only one attack skill(kinda like an energy slash for long range pulling), and a whole lot of self buffs. And the artisan would be centered on the crafting of items(of course), and at most have cart attack skills and maybe a golem. I hope you guys like these ideas, since I don't like the way whichever path you choose as an archer, you drift away from the bow at the start, and only much later come back to it.

Besides, if onbe class has factors from many classes, but not all of each, it's already valid. We don't have a dual wielder that isn't of a stealthy kind, or a big weapon(sword or axe, for example) user with class skills focused on speed.

Edited by CarlosWolf, 23 December 2015 - 10:43 AM.

#14 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 23 December 2015 - 09:59 AM

Unlike what some people said, not all archetypes are fulfilled. We don't actually have a summoner(the closest we have is the alchemist with his homunculi), we don't have a specialized debuffer(we should have a harm spell, as well as the opposite of the acolyte buffs), we don't have an arcane archer, there is no one to craft armors, accessories and bows(we could well do with an artisan third path for merchant), we don't have a swordmaster either(there should be ki-using with the sword, phisical enhancement, and so on). We could also have a third path for thief which manipulated shadows to attack, increase defense and/or flee for him or his allies, and who had the ability to use some sort of shadowmeld to "teleport", similar to the ninja's shadow leap skill, but keeping hidden and not attacking with it. The point is: you could well have new roleplays(pointy of an RPG) and gameplays with a new path to each of the 6 basic classes(2-3 and 3-3). For instance, the AA could get a passive skill that adds MATK(10% per lvl, up to 100%), and from that learn elemental attack buffs(maybe 5 levels,going from 100% to 120% damage with that element), and then special attacks that act differently depending on the buff(blasts and such with the element of the buff). The summoner could be a necromeancer or dark priest, and he could summon allied undeads, cause harm(which would heal undead) and debuff enemies. There should be a sort of "primal mage", which would learn spells that are resisted by DEF instead of MDEF(he would manipulate the world itself, like cave-ins, landslides, aluminum dust and dust explosions). There could be a trickster or shadowmancer for the thief, and have shadow spikes, shadow cloak and shadow armor, as well as mobility skills. The swordmaster, or weapon master, or whatever, would have only one attack skill(kinda like an energy slash for long range pulling), and a whole lot of self buffs. And the artisan would be centered on the crafting of items(of course), and at most have cart attack skills and maybe a golem. I hope you guys like these ideas, since I don't like the way whichever path you choose as an archer, you drift away from the bow at the start, and only much later come back to it.

Can't Sorcerers summon as well?

#15 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 23 December 2015 - 10:29 AM

Why have a summoner class when anyone can use branches?

Also yes, Sorcerer is RO's rendition of a summoner class.

#16 BookishBrenda

BookishBrenda

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 10:49 AM

They introduced a summoner job class recently. Except...it's not really a summoner at all. :hmm:

#17 CarlosWolf

CarlosWolf

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 10:51 AM

Well, I had thought the Sorcerer skills were buffs to that element, not actual summons, so I was mistaken in that regard, but we still have no necromancer, and I think every MATK is resisted through MDEF, I think at least some sort of mage-hunter would be nice, with "mana burn", "mana steal" and other things specific against mages, maybe even flee from certain spells, at higher levels. And as far as I know, branches summon enemies, not allies. I was thinking more along the lines of a puppet master.

And it seems to me that summoning is not the focus, or even one of the focuses of the sorcerer...

Edited by CarlosWolf, 23 December 2015 - 10:53 AM.

#18 BookishBrenda

BookishBrenda

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 11:28 AM

I think at least some sort of mage-hunter would be nice, with "mana burn", "mana steal" and other things specific against mages, maybe even flee from certain spells, at higher levels.

Umm... You mean... Like a sage?

#19 Yugiohfan

Yugiohfan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 11:28 AM

We have soul burn, and metallic sound for mana burn. For mana stealing we have soul exhale, maelstrom and magic rod(sort of). Kaite and a few cards lets you reflect any single target magic you receive. We have land protector+maelstrom to cancel ground targeting spells. Sage class was, at-least to me, the anti-magic class and was turned into an aoe support.

Also summons do have other uses other than endowing pw with elements, its just rarely used because its inefficient to put them in atk mode and hope that they (tera and agni) use their aoe spells to cover a 3x3 cell area. Casting elemental action to force them to use their offensive skill is no better since your better off casting any other spell instead of it for damage.

#20 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts
  • Locationhttps://www.artstation.com/rockheir

Posted 23 December 2015 - 04:46 PM

Besides, if onbe class has factors from many classes, but not all of each, it's already valid. We don't have a dual wielder that isn't of a stealthy kind, or a big weapon(sword or axe, for example) user with class skills focused on speed.

Tell u what, most (not all) of the stuff u mentioned here r either already existing or not really necessary. For the necromancer thingy, I already made a suggestion for that as a skill branch for the suggested next class for soul linker. For refererence to that suggestion found in the Classes Section, lemme quote my post here:
Spoiler
The suggestion for SL skills is still incomplete as to the buffs as I couldn't find the time to get back to it atm.^^

Edited by ROCKheir, 23 December 2015 - 04:50 PM.

#21 CarlosWolf

CarlosWolf

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 09:39 PM

Guys, as for unnecessary, ninja wasn't really necessary, since we had assassin, and gunslinger likewise because of the archer. But they got skills with different approaches to stealth and ranged, and ninja synthetized magic and stealth(both already in game, but in separate classes) in the same class. Having already present things isn't bad in itself, only not adding new stuff or combinations along.

I brainstormed a little, to try to start some thought into possible 2-3, high 2-3 and 3-3 classes, although there is much to add before it's even worth suggesting for real. Some things are not present(and I'm not sure if they would be possible, but I never thought an NPC follower would be possible, and then came homunculi and mercenaries).

Merchant->Artisan:

Artisan would have skills for making accessories such as gloves and rosaries, and armor. The armor could maybe change the player's element like some cards do if made with elemental stones(of course with a high cost and chance of failure). As for combat, they could use little contraptions, which would work kind of(exactly) like traps.

Artisan->Engineer:

The High class would start having the ability to set up operable structures such as towers, barricades, walls, as well as demolishing ald salvaging them. Mages and archers(and other ranged attackers) in the Engineer's party could climb it and find an artificial "cliff top"(probably one person per tower. The "health" of these structures would be defined by the Engineers INT, maybe x% his MATK or MDEF. The third class would be a Siege Engineer, with new stuff such as siege ladders(linking two spots across cliffs or streams), Siege Rams(which would move with allies inside, while covering for them. should have earth element, since wood burns easily), and turrets(operated by himself). These things would need materials which could be bought, or made with a quest skill.

Archer->(Maybe Arcane Archer, maybe Miko, like Kagome from Inuyasha, or maybe something else entirely):

Would get to use both MATK and ATK passively on basic attacks(10 levels of Imbue Arrow to get 100% MATK added to the attack), would have buffs with two functions: first, change the element of the basic attack, increasing up to 20% at level 5; second, modify the specifics of imbue skills: exploding arrow would have different effects depending on the element. Water would have a chance to freeze, Wind to Stun, Earth to petrify, and Fire extra damage. 

(Whatever the name of the other class)->Bowmaster:

Skills to increase the field of view(by now our range is beyond the screen, so it's very limiting to not see further), Bow Mastery skill, adding passive damage to the bow, and a short buff/debuff to increase ASpd while reducing accuracy.

Mage->Druid:

New spells that interact with other spells in the area, instead of the casters of the spells. Combustible gases that would explode if hit with fire spells, unstable ground that would cause a landslide after some time or after being triggered by ground skills, and other things like that. The main point would be that the focus would be attacks with neutral, earth or poison property using the MATK for damage, since earth is very limited in the other mage classes, and neutral and poison are mostly used with ATK for damage.

Druid->Treefather:

Spells to entangle roots, grow timebound forrests on the path(similar to ice wall, but bigger, with a different element and with duration affected by nearby water).

Acolyte->Necromancer:

Would be mainly about corruption and decay. Such guys would normally not be heroes, but since there is always some threat to the world or to the kingdom, they decide to fight along agains a common enemy. The main roleplay feature of a class like this would be the disappointment in the Temple, and thus he/she would start challenging the works of the divine. Debuffs(basically the opposites of the priest buffs, and would be buffs for the undead minions), enslavement and summoning of undead(first a skill to temporarily change an undead enemy to ally, later the ability to summon a permanent undead).

Necromancer->Dark Priest:

You would startdefying not only the dead's respite, but death itself. You would get a PVP "ressurection" spell in which you use the body of another player to summon a weaker copy(on your side), and send them to the Save point. You would get stronger depending on the number of dead player bodies around you, and could use the ones who are afk dead for too long to replenish yourself. Maybe the third class could become a Lich? Would be interesting to be able to play an undead as a player. Heck, the lich could maybe resurrect with and undead status! That would be awesome!

Thief->Shadowdancer:

You could use the shadows(read as, close to a wall) to get to places. Jump from shadow to shadow, get to your opponent instantly, shroud yourself in darkness to increase dodge temporarily.

Shadowdance->Shadowmaster:

Now you can use shadow as if it were solid. Make an armor of shadow, or stab your enemies from afar with their own shadows. There could be a passive to increase shadow effectiveness, and a buff to change the player's element to dark.

Swordsman->Blade Apprentice

Would be basically about passive skills to increase DPS(Aspd, Hit and Specific weapon damage) and Survivability(Flee and Defense, as well as adding a portion of the ATK to flee as a "parry" chance), with a movement speed buff to make up for the Peco Peco and some non-flashy fighting skills, like countering(which I know Knight already has).

Blade Apprentice->Weapon Master

Could activate a state where power bursts out of him(think about something along the lines of Super Saiyan), in which he can use an energy slash skill. Besides that, Greater mastery in each weapon(needing lvl 10 in the basic mastery of the weapon, of course), buffs for each attribute enhanced by the passives of the Blade Apprentice, and some more "Martial Arts Movie"-like skills, like countering with a stun instead of damage, and that famous cliche from samurai movies where you run past the enemy while attacking.

I know most of these are either childish, wishful, foolish or any number of other stupidities, but since it was a VERY long time ago that the 2-2 classes came along, and there are some approaches unfulfilled, and since it's not impossible to add new mechanics to the game, I think some of these would be interesting, while others are here more to make it a new path for each of the basic classes.

I, at least, think some of these are among the class archetypes for most RPGs(although necromancer is usually the villain, and engineers usually are at most hired to help the adventurer at some point).

If you have the time to point out the flaws, make your own ideas for a third path for the basic classes, since my comments are limited, I would love to see any ideas for new classes, even if I can only use for Pen and Paper. 

#22 Romanov90

Romanov90

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts
  • LocationMy Laboratory

Posted 14 January 2016 - 04:44 PM

Samurai (1-3)
Old japanese warrior who only wields a katana.

skills:
Spiritual Prayer(10)
prays to the ancient spirit.
+10sp regen/sec
enables the use of genbu blessing, suzaku's wrath, seiryuu's law, and byakko's roar.

Katana Mastery(10)
a samurai must understand their weapons more than themselves.

increase the chance when refining a katana by 0.2 per skill level.

each level will increase the damage done by katana by 20 per skill level.

Samurai's will(5)
hardened in countless battle
gains 1 stack of Rage for each 500 missing hp.
each stack gives 10atk,20matk,2%aspd,10def,-1 percent sp consumption.

Arashi(5)
Strike through a target apply bleeding status to the target.
100% atk/skilllvl.

Pommel strike(5)
strike with the katana's grip.
inflicting stun
50%atk,10% stun chance/lvl

Wild swipe(10).
Spins forward in a whirlwind fashion.
100%atk/lvl
each stack of rage adds 10%atk.
3x3 cell aoe.

Last act(10)
a samurai should never die by their opponents blade.
inflict 200%matk/lvl+atk on the last person who attacked you.

Genbu's blessing
With the blessing of the fortitude turtle.
samurai gains 50%neutral damage reduction , 200%hp regen and 25%magical resistance.
but reducing movespeed by 70%

and so on.. would be amazing tho..

and Ronin, shogun? should be the next class advancement..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users