Classic God Owners List - Page 10 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 18 votes

Classic God Owners List

• Please log in to reply
251 replies to this topic

#226 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 November 2015 - 01:52 AM

Absolutely not a bump >.>

#227 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 November 2015 - 06:02 AM

bris owners are clearly top secret eyes only status

#228 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 02:04 PM

Don't even care about Brissies at this point. We need counts and verification of the higher tier MVP cards and gears ASAP.

The longer this stuff stays on the server, the more complacent buyers and RMT suppliers get, the further into the market these things end up and the harder they are to extract without affecting innocent players.

So it needs to be done now. We needed it done yesterday.

#229 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 28 November 2015 - 02:20 PM

I got a PM asking about unnamed Meg Keep boxes, they're baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.

Also tanee hibram count when?

#230 eboaroli

eboaroli

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 24 December 2015 - 02:17 AM

"

#231 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good
  • Server:Classic

Posted 24 December 2015 - 03:24 AM

we gonna need more updates on this yo

#232 Ecclesio

Ecclesio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 11:34 AM

Aurora has one meg and one hammer.

#233 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 09 August 2016 - 01:37 PM

This needs doing again.

#234 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 12:04 AM

These gods are stupid. Losing all their items like this. There should be exactly one of each item at any given time.

They are replicas made using the same materials by the same dwarven smiths.

#235 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 22 May 2017 - 09:50 AM

Hey Campitor / ozzalia can we get this rechecked and updated? uE8WOq0.gif

#236 Ethanasael

Ethanasael

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 791 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 10:07 AM

Buying a dupe item is very sad, worse if you don't know. A game should not enable DUPES, and ragnarok is very NEW to the market...

#237 kisai

kisai

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 10:54 AM

Running the script to check this should be made a standard part of the maintenance checklist. If not weekly, at least monthly.  

#238 Ethanasael

Ethanasael

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 791 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 12:34 PM

Running the script to check this should be made a standard part of the maintenance checklist. If not weekly, at least monthly.  

Agree.

#239 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 01:25 PM

Are people still duping <snip>? I seem to remember Campitor saying that God items were never being duped.

Edited by CMAstra, 23 May 2017 - 04:43 PM.

#240 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 01:26 PM

Unfortunately this is not a quick project to be completed as shown by the original checks happening over the course of a week. It is labor intensive and there is currently other projects that take importance over this. The GM team is still able to check the providence of individual items and with classic it is much easier for them to do so. So if you wish for a certain item to be checked you can submit a ticket to the GM team at https://support.warpportal.com.

#241 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 01:32 PM

Unfortunately this is not a quick project to be completed as shown by the original checks happening over the course of a week. It is labor intensive and there is currently other projects that take importance over this. The GM team is still able to check the providence of individual items and with classic it is much easier for them to do so. So if you wish for a certain item to be checked you can submit a ticket to the GM team at https://support.warpportal.com.

Does the check only apply to God items? I can think of at least 10 dues MvPs cards still being used regularly.

#242 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 01:33 PM

Does the check only apply to God items? I can think of at least 10 dues MvPs cards still being used regularly.

The GMs can look into any item if they need to.

#243 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 01:36 PM

The GMs can look into any item if they need to.

Good to know, thanks.

#244 Simona

Simona

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Northern Europe
  • Server:Odin

Posted 22 May 2017 - 01:50 PM

Duped jellopies anyone? :P

#245 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 22 May 2017 - 02:09 PM

Well it's not like Classic is a wretched hive of scum and villainy.

We're lucky if we get maint announced so of course this was too much work.

#246 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 23 May 2017 - 11:34 AM

Are people still duping <snip>? I seem to remember Campitor saying that God items were never being duped.

<snip> I can confirm there was at least one duped god last time. It was dealt to me in an unnamed box. I'm not sure if the one campitor found in the subsequent search was the same, or a different one.

<snip>

Campitor's response is at the very least very disappointing, because megingjards, unlike other items there should be less than 30 of. Unless camp expects the community to co-operate in such terms such as "oh wow you one shot me! do you have megs or do I just suck?" to hunt out dupes, then the very fact is that such items will just remain hidden forever. (unless people blindly spam report each other and take a lucky guess.)

Edited by CMAstra, 23 May 2017 - 04:44 PM.

#247 kisai

kisai

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 10:10 AM

I really wish you would reconsider. This solution has the potential to create more work for the GM team and a longer backlog on tickets. As I'm sure you're aware, Classic players have a history of spam reporting based on nothing more than in-game rivalries. I foresee a pretty real danger of false positives as well as false negatives due to the pressure of keeping up with the additional ticket load this creates.

In addition, this stance sends a clear message to some players to go ahead and take a chance on making that RMT purchase they've been thinking about.

At the very least, consider making regular (unannounced) checks on Megingjards as they're the most impactful of the God items. This proactive approach would help maintain the integrity of the game as well as improve relations with the community. 

#248 3025140119203620510

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 04:11 AM

Accounts are given away, traded, bought, and sold all the time whether it's illegal or not. Some of these god owners may not even know if their stuffs are duped. Say if your cousin gave you account with a legitimate god item because he went off to college, you probably don't know the whole story about how he got it. By exposing the list of all current god owners, you're potentially sending a lot of witch hunters to innocent players. And that alone is a bigger problem than having a couple of duped god items. 

If these god items are discouraging new people from playing the game (which it has), then they probably should never have existed in the first place. They are also a curse that stops many people from moving on to a different classic server that is still alive and well in the WoE department. 

#249 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 26 May 2017 - 08:05 AM

God items aren't why people don't move to those moba servers.

#250 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 08:52 AM

Attachment and uncertainty are the reasons people don't move on. The majority of what Classic used to be has moved on though.
Even though the longevity of private servers is always up in the air, after talking to friends that play on them, it's clear that a lot of them are better overall than iRO is at the moment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users