Classic God Owners List - Page 8 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 18 votes

Classic God Owners List

• Please log in to reply
251 replies to this topic

#176 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 04 August 2015 - 04:37 PM

can't let it be forget

#177 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 04 August 2015 - 04:42 PM

yeah where's the bris report :v

#178 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 04 August 2015 - 04:44 PM

Interesting, I think it is good to get a count, but not so much naming who currently owns them.

Only because I think it should be up to a player if they reveal item information or not. Not that I mind personally but some like to be very secretive with gear and stat builds etc @_@

But holy -_-, nearly as many Asprikas as there are Classic Players :D

Edited by Nirvanna21, 04 August 2015 - 04:44 PM.

#179 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 August 2015 - 06:53 PM

Interesting, I think it is good to get a count, but not so much naming who currently owns them.

Only because I think it should be up to a player if they reveal item information or not. Not that I mind personally but some like to be very secretive with gear and stat builds etc @_@

But holy -_-, nearly as many Asprikas as there are Classic Players :D

Not sure why. It only takes fighting them once to know what they're using, and common sense to extrapolate what they have access to from how they perform over a couple fights, the guild(s) they're in and what company they keep. Can put together a pretty accurate representation of ownership from that alone, even without being explicitly told.

This isn't for the purpose of depriving some misplaced right to privacy anyway. This is about sniffing out dupes.

Spoiler

#180 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 04 August 2015 - 07:05 PM

Not sure why. It only takes fighting them once to know what they're using, and common sense to extrapolate what they have access to from how they perform over a couple fights, the guild(s) they're in and what company they keep. Can put together a pretty accurate representation of ownership from that alone, even without being explicitly told.

This isn't for the purpose of depriving some misplaced right to privacy anyway. This is about sniffing out dupes.

Spoiler

True, but guessing and knowing are different things. A lot of people can tell what someone is using with little nods here and there, but privacy should be a right first and foremost unless the person says otherwise :) As for singling out the dupes, that is important but names don't need to be listed, it is already stated that deadlines were given for explanatory reasons. It is naming and shaming from then on which while I am not against, it is against the rules here.

I think it is inherently the WP team that should know, manage and confirm legit God Item existence. As you say, these are powerful enough items that would merit such attention from the staff.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 04 August 2015 - 07:05 PM.

#181 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Classic

Posted 05 August 2015 - 02:28 AM

Agreed, naming and shaming shouldn't be apart of this. I'm sure there are dirty players, but I'm also positive of innocent players who traded for duped gears/cards without knowing they were duped (see red twinblade fail). No reason to name and shame potentially innocent players. That should be reserved for proven rmters.

#182 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 05 August 2015 - 02:40 AM

I have to admit one thing concerns me about the dupes a lot, and that's seeing players experiences in game destroyed by the removal of dupes almost a year after the fact. I've seen 2 players quit over having saved up 2b for items to buy them, then camping MVP for months for a card for it, only to have those items deleted 9 months later. You can't compensate for this and the problem is so far gone.

That doesn't mean I'm not against them sweeping for items regularly and looking for new ones, but as far as old ones go...it's a massive problem.

I am talking about mvp cards and not gods. If you have fake gods, you can get out. There's no way that someone mistakenly buys a fake god item.

#183 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 03:19 AM

I have to admit one thing concerns me about the dupes a lot, and that's seeing players experiences in game destroyed by the removal of dupes almost a year after the fact. I've seen 2 players quit over having saved up 2b for items to buy them, then camping MVP for months for a card for it, only to have those items deleted 9 months later. You can't compensate for this and the problem is so far gone.

That doesn't mean I'm not against them sweeping for items regularly and looking for new ones, but as far as old ones go...it's a massive problem.

I am talking about mvp cards and not gods. If you have fake gods, you can get out. There's no way that someone mistakenly buys a fake god item.

I know something else that has ruined way more experiences and made way more people quit than duping, but I don't think we're allowed to post about it here.

#184 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 05 August 2015 - 04:10 AM

Ya that's my point exactly over mvps/mini boss/gears. It shouldn't have happened. We know of many cases where duping has happened and items have been removed. How to handle it? I'm unsure tbh. Earning a ton of zeny to buy said items just to have them removed sucks and having an over abundance of powerful cards/gears that should never exist stay existing is wrong.

Tough calls. Maybe compensate players affected and remove the duped ones. At the end of the day the duped ones should not remain, regardless. It over saturates the server. There is no right or easy call, unfortunately.

#185 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 05 August 2015 - 04:54 AM

Ya that's my point exactly over mvps/mini boss/gears. It shouldn't have happened. We know of many cases where duping has happened and items have been removed. How to handle it? I'm unsure tbh. Earning a ton of zeny to buy said items just to have them removed sucks and having an over abundance of powerful cards/gears that should never exist stay existing is wrong.

Tough calls. Maybe compensate players affected and remove the duped ones. At the end of the day the duped ones should not remain, regardless. It over saturates the server. There is no right or easy call, unfortunately.

Neither is good, but what will cause the least harm now? Compensation is a funny thought, we never received the promised compensation for the +9 twins. And even is such compensation was given, how would that change anything, if people had similar items in their possession anyway?

Perhaps, we need to consider arenas where these items aren't a factor anymore. it's lose/lose for the most part as people who earned those items can't use them rightfully, but when everyone has the, they are both devalued/too common leading to balance problems.

So awkward.

People's ability to rng gtb/missy into existence bothers me a lot less (because ET farming is a real thing) than some of the other issues which can be solved tbh. Back when this stuff was new and could be prevented, it was a big deal, but since then it's been around so long, it will just tear the community apart when players who feel they legitly earned something lost it. I've only purchased very few mvp cards, but if I Was to find out that say, my hero or missy were illegit, and I've had those for a year+ and I lost them, I'll probably quit.

I guess what I'm saying is it's too late.

(I'm pretty sure they're kosher, but you never know)

#186 Kebtung

Kebtung

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members - No Sig
  • 959 posts
  • Server:( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 05 August 2015 - 05:27 AM

True, but guessing and knowing are different things. A lot of people can tell what someone is using with little nods here and there, but privacy should be a right first and foremost unless the person says otherwise :) As for singling out the dupes, that is important but names don't need to be listed, it is already stated that deadlines were given for explanatory reasons.

3879_-_animated_gif_chuck_norris_dodgeba

#187 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 06:54 PM

This is still a thing. Just because it's not in the public eye, does't mean it's stopped being an issue to the server. Illegit crap is still circulating and affecting play.

MVPs/Minis still need to be checked as well.

And a few high end gears like RTEs.

#188 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 04:15 AM

where are the bris? i want to see who has the most bling yo

#189 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 01:24 PM

Yo Camp icu watching the forums. Can we get a response please?

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 02 September 2015 - 03:05 PM.

#190 Jayalphy

Jayalphy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:46 PM

Neither is good, but what will cause the least harm now? Compensation is a funny thought, we never received the promised compensation for the +9 twins. And even is such compensation was given, how would that change anything, if people had similar items in their possession anyway?

Perhaps, we need to consider arenas where these items aren't a factor anymore. it's lose/lose for the most part as people who earned those items can't use them rightfully, but when everyone has the, they are both devalued/too common leading to balance problems.

So awkward.

People's ability to rng gtb/missy into existence bothers me a lot less (because ET farming is a real thing) than some of the other issues which can be solved tbh. Back when this stuff was new and could be prevented, it was a big deal, but since then it's been around so long, it will just tear the community apart when players who feel they legitly earned something lost it. I've only purchased very few mvp cards, but if I Was to find out that say, my hero or missy were illegit, and I've had those for a year+ and I lost them, I'll probably quit.

I guess what I'm saying is it's too late.

(I'm pretty sure they're kosher, but you never know)

Your Missy in 100% legit, cause i sold you the card! :3

#191 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 03 September 2015 - 11:25 PM

Your Missy in 100% legit, cause i sold you the card! :3

I know, but it makes for a good example. :p_idea:

#192 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 04:58 PM

This happens to still be a thing. An unfinished thing. There are new gods to be recorded now too!

It would be nice if the person who took it upon himself to create this list could finish it off, and move onto the next items of concern. MVP cards, high-end gears, et cetera. There's a lot still to be done, and potentially illegitimate stuff running around is still an issue.

#193 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 05:02 PM

apparently cards can't be tracked like equipment can. if so, that is a terrible system but w/e

nevertheless i find it funny that bris were never counted.

#194 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 05:06 PM

Lady Tanee Cards: 4 on server

apparently cards can't be tracked like equipment can. if so, that is a terrible system but w/e

nevertheless i find it funny that bris were never counted.

Found that to get the most accurate counts I must do it during maintenance. I had searched Lady Tanee Cards last maintenance.

#195 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 05:06 PM

Thank you camp. Looking forward to the rest.

#196 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 05:08 PM

Found that to get the most accurate counts I must do it during maintenance. I had searched Lady Tanee Cards last maintenance.

interesting. so is this project ever going to be taken to the renewal servers once you're done on classic, does the size of the population on the renewal servers make this exercise unfeasible?

#197 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 22 October 2015 - 05:09 PM

Did you ever do that ever so important hibram count?

#198 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 05:12 PM

If the community wants to give me like 4 or 5 cards/items to pull info on I would be willing. I can't devote like 12 hours to searching though.

interesting. so is this project ever going to be taken to the renewal servers once you're done on classic, does the size of the population on the renewal servers make this exercise unfeasible?

Classic Tool doesn't work on renewal. This is one of the problems that hurts us with Thor.

#199 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 22 October 2015 - 05:12 PM

Hibram

bio 3 HW

bio 3 LK

Thanatos

Sam spec

Beez

Kiel

Orc Hero

Orc Lord

Edited by Xellie, 22 October 2015 - 05:14 PM.

#200 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 05:13 PM

If the community wants to give me like 4 or 5 cards/items to pull info on I would be willing. I can't devote like 12 hours to searching though.

Classic Tool doesn't work on renewal. This is one of the problems that hurts us with Thor.

I would love to see mvp card checks. You don't have to do all of them, just the ones that matter (for example don't waste time on ifrit ect).

Ones that should be checked include:

Golden thiefbug cards/gear
Tao gunka cards/gear
Fallen bishop cards/gears
Orc hero cards/gears

Agreed.

To add onto that list I would also check for:

Samurai Spectre card/gear

Memory of Thanatos card/gear

High Wizard card/gear

Don't forget lord knight cards! \o/

I feel like +9 RTEs need looking into as well. +7 to +9 they add as much damage as wearing a belt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users