#1 KingAbel

KingAbel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1281 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 July 2015 - 05:22 AM

A little while ago I decided to make a Maestro alt (mainly for PVE but some WOE as well).  Something strange happened though, and I fell in love with the class.  It's gotten to the point where I don't even want to play  my GX anymore, and it's got me thinking about selling my GX gear and going all in on my Maestro.  Now I know Maestro's are somewhat limited in PVE so would this be a bad idea?  With the Bow of Storms coming out and (hopefully) the Night Sparrow Hat being updated, I'm thinking that Maestro's could actually be pretty decent pretty soon.  

#2 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 09:25 AM

For PVM / MVP, no it is not worth "maining". For WoE, maybe.

It's a great "alt" though and a really useful class for parties.

I'm not sure what you fell in love with. The ranged / bow stuff? If so, make a ranger instead.

#3 KingAbel

KingAbel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1281 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 09:31 AM

That is slightly depressing.  I like being able to support with strings and other songs in addition to having some solo capabilities with SR.  Call me weird, but I haven't had this much fun playing a class in well, forever.  

Edited by KingAbel, 22 July 2015 - 09:32 AM.

#4 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 22 July 2015 - 09:43 AM

I refrained from commenting on purpose xP

#5 hotel

hotel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1571 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:shock town

Posted 22 July 2015 - 09:44 AM

just play whatever you find fun. if you're having fun with it definitely main it. 

#6 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 22 July 2015 - 09:48 AM

I don't main characters. I have 27+ characters and whenever new gear comes out that improves that character I play it for a while to have fun with tbhe new stuff. I have a performer optimized for severe rainstorm, so when we get bow of storms, I'll be playing that again. When oda lets us have wing headphones I'll be playing my metallic/reverb performer a bit too.

#7 onlyinca

onlyinca

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • Server:Chos. Loki

Posted 22 July 2015 - 10:17 AM

What's the wing headphone, never heard of that?

Wow I'm amaze that u have 27 chars and play then all

#8 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 22 July 2015 - 10:24 AM

http://www.divine-pr.../wing-headphone

http://ropd.info/?account=1397912
http://ropd.info/?account=2255094

I have @ more accounts with not much on them xP

#9 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 11:10 AM

That is slightly depressing. I like being able to support with strings and other songs in addition to having some solo capabilities with SR. Call me weird, but I haven't had this much fun playing a class in well, forever.

Most people find a Sorcerer a lot of fun for if they want to do both support and kill / AOE.

I also don't really believe in "main"-ing as a concept either and that itself would need a definition. A lot of gears are share-able between classes and most of the time you just need to buy a weapon for a new class. It is kind of expensive to level something to 175, but a lot of classes are pretty effective already before reaching that level, at least for PVM / MVP.

Definitely get your maestro to at least 130-140 for PVM / MVP though, as they really are great support and really useful in parties. GX is okay at PVM / MVP but I'm not sure if you want to focus only on the GX. You probably want to make one Gene at some point too. For WoE, you'll probably need to choose a character to level to 175.

#10 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 22 July 2015 - 10:39 PM

why not? i main a trap ranger and my RO life is fine. play class you want to play and you love. efficiency in pvm, mvp, woe, pvp is different matters. you can make some alts to cover those fields

#11 Mijikai

Mijikai

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 04:29 AM

I don't see why not. I have been maining a maestro since I started and I just love him. Play whatever class you enjoy playing. I mostly used to woe but I don't play much now.

#12 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 05:42 PM

Just be careful. If you do play maestro some woe guilds will fight for you. I got harassed by several guilds because I liked playing a stringer and they all wanted to recruit me out from under each other... It's why I'm a GX now... XD

#13 3452140212150117003

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 811 posts
  • Locationwest prontera
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:dedservRO

Posted 28 July 2015 - 03:14 AM

^ or you know, get replace by an alt :v

#14 johnnycakes

johnnycakes

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • Server:Chaos - Renewal

Posted 28 July 2015 - 05:50 AM

I fall into the category of playing whatever is needed, i have a log of chars thati use for different things. Mained a Maestro for a long time, I still use him for WoE and random adventures when i'm on. There's a stigma associated with performer classes. Most players use performers for alt tabbing. SR is pretty good until 150, even then i was still using it to grind out bio 2 while waiting for parties to take off.

If you're into farming items, your GX will be better. I would use the GX to make money for Maestro gear.

Offering to play strings for ET parties might help you get some loot/zeny. Just make sure you establish how the drops will be handled before going in.

If you WoE on your Maestro, I would suggest making a soul linker wife on an alt account.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or help.

#15 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 28 July 2015 - 06:51 AM

SR still good until 160ish to grind in Luina GD with good gear, oneshotting angra mantis and killer mantis is easy. however to kill big bells in one shot of SR is different story, need a lot of perfect gears. or if you cant one shot them, you really need to develop strategy to survive between SR cooldown (curse we still have SR position bug)

#16 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 09:58 AM

For ET, a level 120~130 maestro is pretty much more than enough already provided you know what you're doing (wear the right elemental armors, ABs use pneuma). 140+ is better for AOE stun immunity but you can get by without that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users