Ultra IM personal Set? GM/MOD or player? - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Ultra IM personal Set? GM/MOD or player?

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 Semitron

Semitron

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 05:59 PM

Just a question...but what kind of person goes around wearing a personal set WITH 5000 DEMO ATATCK?

I'm ok if this is a MOD/GM what so ever, but if a normal player have won this from a event, i think its WAY to over-kill to apply those stats to a event set to some1......

idk about you guys, but explain this set to me....

http://imgur.com/gDf3OAq

I will not stand here and allow a person to walk around with a damn IM set with 5k Unresistable Demo atatck, no way...explain me this bs!

#2 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 22 July 2015 - 06:04 PM

It's from a PvP tournament event way back, the winner was allowed to make an IM set with any combination of stats they wanted.

#3 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 22 July 2015 - 06:06 PM

Ero, the owner of the set, was the grand champion of the World Invitational PvP tournament event.

The grand prize was a custom-made IM set with custom set/individual piece bonuses, a PvP arena named after you (Which he turned down), as well as tons of IM.

The set bonus, while many agree is downright overkill, was his to choose and it's very likely WarpPortal wasn't aware of the consequences. It's the only full-set in existance and the closest any player is to acquiring it was through a mixboard mishap which resulted in a small number of players having 1 part each.

#4 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 22 July 2015 - 06:09 PM

The set bonus, while many agree is downright overkill, was his to choose and it's very likely WarpPortal wasn't aware of the consequences. It's the only full-set in existance and the closest any player is to acquiring it was through a mixboard mishap which resulted in a small number of players having 1 part each.

Oh no, WP was fully aware of the consequences, they just didn't care. I pointed out every single day,since it was announced, that a player could literally ask for a set with 99999 all stats and elements and all i would get is the response "yup they could but it was OKed".

Edited by StormHaven, 22 July 2015 - 06:10 PM.

#5 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 06:38 PM

Oh no, WP was fully aware of the consequences, they just didn't care. I pointed out every single day,since it was announced, that a player could literally ask for a set with 99999 all stats and elements and all i would get is the response "yup they could but it was OKed".

Really ero had probably said that was enough and decided not to go full-on god mode. He is not immortal in that set but he essentially OHKO's everything. He could've went the extra miles but decided not to. Also he really isn't super-active and he agreed to GM rules such as not to transfer to alts or other people.

#6 Semitron

Semitron

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 07:04 PM

Thats lame. That's acctually a very lame reason, and very very overkill prize, for just a damn pvp event...

How would they not even think about this before the event? Ask about stats? what the f......you could ask for 10k magic and 10k physical, 5k demonic and +100 hlt? this is a damn joke, A DAMN JOKE!

Thats Game Master stats, no player-like in-human god mode stats, I recall mega BS!

Unproffesional of Warportal, very unproffesional!

#7 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 07:16 PM

Thats lame. That's acctually a very lame reason, and very very overkill prize, for just a damn pvp event...

How would they not even think about this before the event? Ask about stats? what the f......you could ask for 10k magic and 10k physical, 5k demonic and +100 hlt? this is a damn joke, A DAMN JOKE!

Thats Game Master stats, no player-like in-human god mode stats, I recall mega BS!

Unproffesional of Warportal, very unproffesional!

Yes and even with the GM-imposed rules on the winner of said set, the person can use the set in PvP like Emporia War and Battlesquares.

But again, it's the only set in existence and it's very likely that if an opportunity for a second chance at a set like that came that it won't be for a long time.

#8 deanp692

deanp692

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 07:23 PM

that set is amazing but if he is locked he is dead just like any other player also i don't think gm is gonna make a mistake like that with the stats it doesn't make sense at all and with the ragged ghost set if he has can still reach high elements and even more resistance since the ragged has armor socket and makes healing classes hard to kill. I don't know it's just my 2 cents.

#9 Infin1te

Infin1te

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 July 2015 - 07:32 PM

Oh look Semitron, if my memory serves me, you said something about being the top player on EU server and coming here to beat everyone. We're still waiting for you to make an impact. If you didn't say this then forget everything.

On another note, you can try to fight ero 1v1 without him using his special set. Just request it like a few others.

#10 sean718

sean718

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 07:34 PM

Thanks for your concern. If WP decides to remove the set from the game, for whatever reason that is their right. However, I have already asked them to a while ago and it was declined. So, I have taken it upon myself to not participate in any essential pvp modes with the set on, mainly Emporia. 

Moving on, most of the heavy pvpers on this game know that I don't need the set to begin with. As it stands, it is simply a novelty prize. I don't even use all of the 6* element cards at my disposal. Hopefully you can find peace with this.

Also, I would appreciate you not spamming my in-game mail with your rants.

Thanks.

#11 ohsnap

ohsnap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 07:56 PM

Thanks for your concern. If WP decides to remove the set from the game, for whatever reason that is their right. However, I have already asked them to a while ago and it was declined. So, I have taken it upon myself to not participate in any essential pvp modes with the set on, mainly Emporia. 

Moving on, most of the heavy pvpers on this game know that I don't need the set to begin with. As it stands, it is simply a novelty prize. I don't even use all of the 6* element cards at my disposal. Hopefully you can find peace with this.

Thanks.

Please wear it and flaunt it, how butthurt does one have to be to care so much to bother someone in game just because he/she doesn't have it. I suggest instead of not participating in pvp, bsq, or ews like you are right now just because the set is so broken and just abuse the set. Heck place it on your alts and 1 man emporia war. How infuriating must it be when you're trying to make things fair and someone just outright calls you out on the set when you literally haven't done ANYTHING with the set. The only time he uses it, is against his own guild and that's cause they have have 5k+ element damage as well.

Semitron welcome to the real world. He has the set, he's not even abusing it and just "walking around with it", and out of the 50 ppl left still playing this game you are the biggest crybaby I've ever seen.  

Edited by ohsnap, 22 July 2015 - 08:01 PM.

#12 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts
  • LocationWarpPortal forums
  • Server:What is server?

Posted 22 July 2015 - 08:02 PM

I guess that a funnily tragic thing was rollback when someone already got some pieces

#13 JustGreat

JustGreat

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 08:06 PM

I guess that a funnily tragic thing was rollback when someone already got some pieces

There was another rollback and people lost those pieces besides one person. Paid warpportal $$$$ bribery op.

Edited by JustGreat, 22 July 2015 - 08:11 PM.

#14 Tirbing

Tirbing

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 08:11 PM

Thanks.

senpai can i spam ur mail with rants?

#15 ManItsMike

ManItsMike

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 806 posts
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 22 July 2015 - 08:26 PM

Thanks.

I hope you don't mind a random person quoting you, but I've been curious since I first saw a screenshot of it. What are your elga solo times like with the set?

#16 ManItsMike

ManItsMike

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 806 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 08:27 PM

Apologies. Phone lagged and triple posted!

Edited by ManItsMike, 22 July 2015 - 08:44 PM.

#17 ManItsMike

ManItsMike

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 806 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 08:27 PM

Oh my goodness, my apologies. My phone lagged and triple posted. My bad!

Edited by ManItsMike, 22 July 2015 - 08:44 PM.

#18 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 08:50 PM

Thanks.

Really I recall you really only fooling around with the set. Scenarios where with or without it, the end result wouldn't be the same.

As you had to PvP big player names in this server to win said said. It's obvious you never needed it. Do what you want honestly.

Please wear it and flaunt it, how butthurt does one have to be to care so much to bother someone in game just because he/she doesn't have it. I suggest instead of not participating in pvp, bsq, or ews like you are right now just because the set is so broken and just abuse the set. Heck place it on your alts and 1 man emporia war. How infuriating must it be when you're trying to make things fair and someone just outright calls you out on the set when you literally haven't done ANYTHING with the set. The only time he uses it, is against his own guild and that's cause they have have 5k+ element damage as well.

Semitron welcome to the real world. He has the set, he's not even abusing it and just "walking around with it", and out of the 50 ppl left still playing this game you are the biggest crybaby I've ever seen.  

Again, he really only fools around with it. Or as you said, against his own guild who has matched his element damage/resist output anyways.

I'm sure I recall he mentioned a GM-imposed rule stating he can't transfer the set in any way. Despite it being non-soulbound.

Yes I agree, he hasn't really done anything worth noting with said set. He typically afks or spams elements like any other Dragon Saga endgame player. He has enough to essentially become a god-character in this game but he doesn't want to. Gonna give him the +1 for that.

#19 sean718

sean718

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 09:44 PM

I hope you don't mind a random person quoting you, but I've been curious since I first saw a screenshot of it. What are your elga solo times like with the set?

It is only 2-4 minutes faster if you can believe it. Summoners still heavily out DPS anyone who isn't a summoner. 

If you want an easier time with Elga, I suggest stacking MATTK to groggy it's second form in one attempt if you're soloing. You'll have to start x spamming prior to his attack to achieve this. 

While we're on the topic of boss farming, priests can't hope to compete in DPS in the Community Dungeon against certain classes due to the PVP debuffs priests get. The Dark Giant boss can only be fought in the PvP mode, so that 70% damage reduction after 10 hits of normal X attack will apply to priests.

I do think that the end game players deserve some improved content/gear and tougher boss battles to make the game challenging. I find many end gamers just afk and the appeal of farming elga for inferior rare equipment is lacking. 

#20 ManItsMike

ManItsMike

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 806 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 10:34 PM

It is only 2-4 minutes faster if you can believe it. Summoners still heavily out DPS anyone who isn't a summoner.

If you want an easier time with Elga, I suggest stacking MATTK to groggy it's second form in one attempt if you're soloing. You'll have to start x spamming prior to his attack to achieve this.

While we're on the topic of boss farming, priests can't hope to compete in DPS in the Community Dungeon against certain classes due to the PVP debuffs priests get. The Dark Giant boss can only be fought in the PvP mode, so that 70% damage reduction after 10 hits of normal X attack will apply to priests.

I do think that the end game players deserve some improved content/gear and tougher boss battles to make the game challenging. I find many end gamers just afk and the appeal of farming elga for inferior rare equipment is lacking.

I appreciate your response! I tend to struggle groggying him alone, mainly due to my less than stellar computer. I had no idea it was based on damage output though. Thanks for that info.

#21 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 22 July 2015 - 11:47 PM

From what do you get this information about 50 people playing? This time is long ago. Do you think WarpPortal would take over development for 50 players only? Welcome to the real world.

Edited by Popcorn, 22 July 2015 - 11:50 PM.

#22 Homurasan

Homurasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1116 posts
  • Server:You can guess.

Posted 23 July 2015 - 12:29 AM

From what do you get this information about 50 people playing? This time is long ago. Do you think WarpPortal would take over development for 50 players only? Welcome to the real world.

Brace yourselves, Popcorn is pissed.

I mean, it's true that the server population grew immensely compared to the old times I heard of. But it also is true that you guys did what it took to achieve this.

How infuriating must it be when you're trying to make things fair and someone just outright calls you out on the set when you literally haven't done ANYTHING with the set.

"Don't worry, I'm a sane person. I promise I won't shoot you with this gun."

The first time you hear it, it's kind of normal not to trust the person instantly. Eventually after a few times it becomes easier. Maybe Semitron only lacks some sort of experience with it ? Even though I do think they should try and obtain information about the current situation before anything else, it's understandable that they have complaints about it.

Edited by Homurasan, 23 July 2015 - 12:40 AM.

#23 ohsnap

ohsnap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 01:41 AM

Speaking of long ago, once upon a time there was actually a population of players even the Dragon Saga facebook group would get a couple hundred likes for a post. Current situation there are 4 channels in DS not a single channel has even indicated a 50% filled capacity for how long now? Let's not forget how many people are probably multiclienting alts as well most of the time. 50 players is exaggerated but can you justify the lack of players for an mmo.  You have a player outraged by the "unprofessionalism" of your warpportal staff and me calling him out as a cry baby but you're addressing  my sarcasm of 50 players?

@Homurasan please think about your analogies before you make them, you've compared an mmorpg to human suffering and now whether people should bare arms? 

Edited by ohsnap, 23 July 2015 - 01:45 AM.

#24 Homurasan

Homurasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1116 posts
  • Server:You can guess.

Posted 23 July 2015 - 02:11 AM

@Homurasan please think about your analogies before you make them, you've compared an mmorpg to human suffering and now whether people should bare arms? 

The first one was a mistake, but I'm pretty sure you haven't understood this one : it has nothing to do with whether people should bear arms (I assume this is what you meant). Ero has a hyper-powerful gear alright, but he isn't using it.

That's all there is to it, and I'm afraid you're over-interpreting it.

#25 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 23 July 2015 - 02:28 AM

Current situation there are 4 channels in DS not a single channel has even indicated a 50% filled capacity for how long now?

Then you're online at the wrong times.

Screenshot, July 18th,  7:45 Server Time (no login event at that time)

Dragonsaga15071816344500.jpg

Edited by Popcorn, 23 July 2015 - 02:33 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users