Is there a way to remove "Glow Color" from item? - Newbie Zone - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Is there a way to remove "Glow Color" from item?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Gnasty

Gnasty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 23 July 2015 - 02:37 AM

I just realized that glow color "Yellow" does not glow as much as an item that doesn't have any Glow Color value set.

I've got an old set of New Captain Gauntlets which doesn't have the Glow Color attribute. Figured I'd get a new one (yellow item) from NPC and refine that to the same grade (10) and stick a Yellow glow color on it. Initially it was White as all NPC items seem to have nowadays. Anyhow, it doesn't glow as much as the other one. Screenshot below:

UQC0fYT.jpg

Figured that the "non-glow" color would be the yellow one for the New Captain Gauntlets. Apparently not. Is there a way to remove the Glow Color attribute from an item?

#2 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 23 July 2015 - 02:55 AM

could change it to white. but to place it back to no color, nope. 

#3 Gnasty

Gnasty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 03:19 AM

could change it to white. but to place it back to no color, nope. 

White was its initial glow. It glowed even worse :<

#4 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 24 July 2015 - 10:52 AM

The only options available are the Reforger item which resets an item's refine grade back to an unrefined state, removing the glow visual, or to use another Refine Glow Painter item to change the item's glow color to something else.

#5 Gnasty

Gnasty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 02:22 AM

The only options available are the Reforger item which resets an item's refine grade back to an unrefined state, removing the glow visual, or to use another Refine Glow Painter item to change the item's glow color to something else.

Just tried it. It did not remove the glow visual. Only the refine state. Is it a bug or am I missing something? It still has "Glow Color: Yellow"

Edited by Gnasty, 26 July 2015 - 02:23 AM.

#6 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 26 July 2015 - 12:04 PM

If the item is unrefined, it won't show a glow effect.  The glow color attribute will stay on the item, but you'll only see the glow if the item is refined.  In regards to legacy glow colors from before the item database update, there is no way to revert back to those once a new glow color is applied.  To revert to the default refine color (white), you'd have to use a white glow painter item.

#7 Gnasty

Gnasty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 03:34 PM

If the item is unrefined, it won't show a glow effect.  The glow color attribute will stay on the item, but you'll only see the glow if the item is refined.  In regards to legacy glow colors from before the item database update, there is no way to revert back to those once a new glow color is applied.  To revert to the default refine color (white), you'd have to use a white glow painter item.

In bold, that's the answer I needed. How unfortunate though. Anyhow, thanks for clearing it up!

But why aren't there any glow color that actually represents the legacy one?

Edited by Gnasty, 26 July 2015 - 03:34 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users