[In Game] Unlimited Skill & Stat Reset - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

[In Game] Unlimited Skill & Stat Reset

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Banrukai

Banrukai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Location中国China
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:.¤·°­·.¸ Arua ¸.·°­·¤.

Posted 24 July 2015 - 11:23 PM

[In Game] Unlimited Skill & Stat Reset

This idea has been around for a long time, and I just don't see any reason why it should not be implemented.

There should be an NPC in every town, or one town, that offers the ability to reset your skill points and stat points. The reset would come at a cost of course, let's say 1 ~ 5 million each time, and you can reset at any level. This would be reasonable, and give people a chance to play around with their character; especially low level players that are just starting to play the game. Of courss there is the Lv.50 reset from [Mayor] Darren in Junon, but that is a one time deal. Also, getting to level 50 takes time for new players.

PROS:

• New players have the ability to play around with their characters, and see how each stay influences their combat and efficiency. It will also allow them to play with their skills, and see which build is the most effective. At a low level a new beginner will most likely pump all stats into Damage ( Glass Cannon ). But as they level up, maybe they will want to go more defensive.

• Very minor zulie sink. Since the servers are now merged, there has been a large increase in zulie in the economy.

CONS:

• Conflict with the current IM skill & stat reset. But they are still better than the in game resets because they can be used anywhere at anytime.

• If the IM resets are removed, then that will be a loss in company revenue. But maybe the IM resets can offer something different. As mentioned in another thread, the IM reset could chose specific skills to reset, instead of all of them. Maybe the same can be done for the stats.

Edited by Banrukai, 24 July 2015 - 11:34 PM.

#2 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 24 July 2015 - 11:54 PM

its a good idea but i think the price of each reset should be higher. Although i understand that it is for newbies to test their build and which skill is better suited for their style, but older players would spam it so much so to the point they might get over powered because they found out something.

Either way not a bad idea, but again, i think it should cost more, and some other stuff, so i'm not entirely going to agree to this

Edited by KatsuraKujo, 24 July 2015 - 11:54 PM.

#3 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 25 July 2015 - 12:24 PM

Tbh, I think some certain in-game rewards/drops should have a % chance to yield some 'token' that is exchanged for a skill or stat or unique reset. Let's say they have a little higher drop chance than neptu/pluto's in Dungeons. 

#4 MaxTheDragon

MaxTheDragon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • Server:Arua

Posted 25 July 2015 - 02:32 PM

Perhaps, if you wish to differentiate between new players trying out different builds and old players who would perhaps overuse this feature, you could limit the skill/stat resets to a certain level. Unlimited stat/skill resets below 100, and then 10 of them per character below lvl 200, and then just a single stat/skill reset above 200. At lvl up to 100 and 200 it would then reduce the number of available resets to either the max for that level range or your remaining resets whichever is lower.

#5 MarK1789

MarK1789

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 05:28 PM

meh sales in these resets is too high for them to implement this, these resets are maybe one of the main source of their income. I do agree though that there should be resets in game but it should not cost that low. maybe make it available in honor or valor shops?

#6 Banrukai

Banrukai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Location中国China

Posted 25 July 2015 - 08:16 PM

its a good idea but i think the price of each reset should be higher. Although i understand that it is for newbies to test their build and which skill is better suited for their style, but older players would spam it so much so to the point they might get over powered because they found out something.

Either way not a bad idea, but again, i think it should cost more, and some other stuff, so i'm not entirely going to agree to this

Tbh, I think some certain in-game rewards/drops should have a % chance to yield some 'token' that is exchanged for a skill or stat or unique reset. Let's say they have a little higher drop chance than neptu/pluto's in Dungeons.

Perhaps, if you wish to differentiate between new players trying out different builds and old players who would perhaps overuse this feature, you could limit the skill/stat resets to a certain level. Unlimited stat/skill resets below 100, and then 10 of them per character below lvl 200, and then just a single stat/skill reset above 200. At lvl up to 100 and 200 it would then reduce the number of available resets to either the max for that level range or your remaining resets whichever is lower.

meh sales in these resets is too high for them to implement this, these resets are maybe one of the main source of their income. I do agree though that there should be resets in game but it should not cost that low. maybe make it available in honor or valor shops?

I agree with all of you that the price is very low. I originally though 25 ~ 50, or even 100 million per reset. But I was trying to keep it reasonable for a new player.

All players from any level can play with their builds, but the main focus was starting players. This goes in tandem with my Training Grounds suggestion.

As for high level players abusing it, I don't exactly understand. What is there to hide? The perfect balanced build? People are already doing that with gear, by find the right set that works for them. So I think

#7 Banrukai

Banrukai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Location中国China

Posted 25 July 2015 - 08:25 PM

I agree with all of you that the price is very low. I originally though 25 ~ 50, or even 100 million per reset. But I was trying to keep it reasonable for a new player.

All players from any level can play with their builds, but the main focus was starting players. This goes in tandem with my Training Grounds suggestion.

As for high level players abusing it, I don't exactly understand. What is there to hide? The perfect balanced build? People are already doing that with gear, by finding the right set that works for them. So I don't really think this is an issue. I like the idea of having room to play around.

Also, the IM would be a loss in revenue, but I would hope they could find a way to still make the IM resets more beneficial. But still have the in game resets.

I also like your idea Feuer, about a %Chance to drop the resets. People could farm for them, but it would be character bound. This way people couldn't sell them and affect the economy, and IM sales.

#8 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 25 July 2015 - 10:52 PM

Maybe another way is to have an increasing price of zulie per use. For example, once it is used from the npc, it will increase by 2 times each reset. That way, it will reach a point where its to much to pay for to reset. So people would have to use the reset wisely instead of just using it for the sake of using it.

Feuer's idea is another way to go too. It'd be a great way to promote rare stuff other than mounts.

#9 Banrukai

Banrukai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Location中国China

Posted 26 July 2015 - 04:13 AM

Maybe another way is to have an increasing price of zulie per use. For example, once it is used from the npc, it will increase by 2 times each reset. That way, it will reach a point where its to much to pay for to reset. So people would have to use the reset wisely instead of just using it for the sake of using it.

This pretty much defeats the purpose of my idea. The in game reset is meant to help players, both low level and high level, to test builds. With your idea, the main focus is a zulie sink. This is not what my intention is.

With your idea a person would be spending 52 billion zulie after just 10 attempts. Unless I misunderstood your meaning of multiplying the price by 2, each time you reset.

Feuer's idea is another way to go too. It'd be a great way to promote rare stuff other than mounts.

#10 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 26 July 2015 - 05:24 AM

it won't be exactly a zulie sink as you see people asking the price up to go to almost 100m whereas my idea is increases by use of the reset.

I'm just brainstorming. If you don't agree to it its fine

#11 Banrukai

Banrukai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Location中国China

Posted 26 July 2015 - 05:30 AM

it won't be exactly a zulie sink as you see people asking the price up to go to almost 100m whereas my idea is increases by use of the reset.

I'm just brainstorming. If you don't agree to it its fine

I don't mind your brainstorming. :)
Just disagree with the idea.

Ideas are always welcome.

#12 WongFeiHong

WongFeiHong

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 07:44 PM

my opinion to this suggestion;

if the main concern is for lowbies to explore their stat distribution, it should be limited to levels 100 and below. unlimited. if you havent used any and became lvl 101. you are void.

as for 101 to 160ish - five times - enough to try builds. if you havent used any and became 161 (or past the limit), you are void.

as for 161 to max - just 1 time. by this, you must have already know which and what.

if you want more reset, IM.

since you max, and willing to spend zulie, buy from IM traders.

if they put npc reset with, example, reset stat for 2 billion. that will make the IM/zulie rate fixed. which is not good in the game market as well as company market.

#13 Banrukai

Banrukai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Location中国China

Posted 26 July 2015 - 08:15 PM

my opinion to this suggestion;

if the main concern is for lowbies to explore their stat distribution, it should be limited to levels 100 and below. unlimited. if you havent used any and became lvl 101. you are void.

as for 101 to 160ish - five times - enough to try builds. if you havent used any and became 161 (or past the limit), you are void.

as for 161 to max - just 1 time. by this, you must have already know which and what.

if you want more reset, IM.

since you max, and willing to spend zulie, buy from IM traders.

if they put npc reset with, example, reset stat for 2 billion. that will make the IM/zulie rate fixed. which is not good in the game market as well as company market.

This would be reasonable. But I think it should be unlimited resets until 140. This will give you enough time to learn your class and how things work. 141 ~ 230, as you said there can be 1 reset, or maybe 5.

At level 120 ~ 140+ you'll be at Eldeon and need to play around more to survive.

#14 horseraider

horseraider

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1141 posts
  • LocationWanker Land
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 27 July 2015 - 07:10 AM

Wouldn't it make the ones in Item Mall useless well not totally useless.

#15 WongFeiHong

WongFeiHong

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 06:59 AM

Wouldn't it make the ones in Item Mall useless well not totally useless.

the mall resets will still be used since max level characters need them to finalize their builds where max characters no longer have the free options.

#16 MonnaLise

MonnaLise

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 550 posts
  • LocationUnder a suspended load
  • Server:The one with Free Premium

Posted 05 August 2015 - 06:12 AM

I dont think new players will have a skill/stat reset in their early levels. Why ? U cant have a 'good build' when ur just low lvl lol. Low lvls just focus on lvling themselves. Not 'fixing' their build in the early stages.

#17 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 05 August 2015 - 06:47 AM

You used to get the free reset around level 10 I think. Then they changed it to level 50. I think this was basically a good decision. I agree that most low levels don't bother with trying to change their build. If they messed up, they still have plenty of time to fix it. They just want to level.

#18 Banrukai

Banrukai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Location中国China

Posted 05 August 2015 - 12:38 PM

I dont think new players will have a skill/stat reset in their early levels. Why ? U cant have a 'good build' when ur just low lvl lol. Low lvls just focus on lvling themselves. Not 'fixing' their build in the early stages.

You used to get the free reset around level 10 I think. Then they changed it to level 50. I think this was basically a good decision. I agree that most low levels don't bother with trying to change their build. If they messed up, they still have plenty of time to fix it. They just want to level.

I disagree with this as I am a casual player and I really like to play around with my characters. I'm not always looking to rush to the MAX level.

Maybe this is more of a personal idea, but I'm not the only one out there that likes this kind of play style. Having resets in the lower levels gives players flexibility and more enjoyable playing experience, instead of the feeling that once you decide your stats and build, you are stuck with it.

Having the ability to build your character around the gear you have, or a situation you may encounter, is nice. For example:

• Picking up gear with new stats. You can then reset your stats and put your points into other things that will help you progress your leveling easier. Such as, picking up Charm ( CHA ) gear, then you can rebuild your skills to focus towards buffs / debuffs, which can help you survive better.

• Crafting yourself gear, or buying it from other players. Same thing, you can have the ability to build around it.

I guess my point is there are a lot of veteran players, such as myself, but there are also new players that have no knowledge of the game.

Not everyone has a personal cleric, or friends they can use to buff their new character and just slam through the levels without caring about their build. Also, not everyone joins, or can join a party with other players. So this leaves them with the only choice of leveling SOLO, and doing quests.

Again, as a casual player I'm not always looking to level up to MAX in the shortest time possible. There should be flexibility in leveling, instead of just a linear path. If you find yourself in a situation where monsters are getting too tough, then you will have the ability to change your gear, stats, and skills. This will let you adapt to your current leveling environment, instead of letting you feel stuck.

Edited by Banrukai, 05 August 2015 - 12:41 PM.

#19 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 05 August 2015 - 01:41 PM

I'm not saying it's a bad idea, I just agree that most players don't really play around with their builds at low levels. But who knows, if they had more than one free reset available, perhaps they would.

#20 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 05 August 2015 - 02:28 PM

I think 50 (reach Junon polis) 70 (reach Luna/Eucar) 120 (reach Eldeon/zits refuge) and 180 (reach Orlo) would be okay.

Maybe a 200 for reaching Muris but I think by that point you should kind of know what you want.

#21 MonnaLise

MonnaLise

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 550 posts
  • LocationUnder a suspended load
  • Server:The one with Free Premium

Posted 05 August 2015 - 03:30 PM

As you say there are new player that dont have knowledge about the game . When i started this game my first goal to have in my skill build is to have aoe. Maybe u want to check in some maps like kenji and ask players what are they having in their skill build. It aoe's (if they have). We were almost 20 people who played and none of us had bumped into the idea of rebuilding. Since we can just get more sp if we lvl up. How could you possibly 'play' your build with low skill pts ? 2 sp for passives and 1for active, and yet u cant use some other skills if u havent maxed the pre requisite skill.

U can really 'play' ur build if u have a maxed character. More choices.
I might have agree to this idea, but the purpose for the higher lvls, not for low.lvls but as others say resets are income for this company so i think no.

#22 Banrukai

Banrukai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Location中国China

Posted 05 August 2015 - 07:00 PM

@pdfisher, You are dead onto my point. :) If players had the available options to reset, then they would.

@Zurn, One reset per new planet is not a bad idea. I can agree with this as a compromise. At least there would be more than one reset in the game.

But still, I prefer my idea of having unlimited resets at a cost. I really like having the flexibility and freedom with my character, as well as the ability to adapt to each situation.

@MonnaLise, I agree that most players now days don't worry about changing their stats and abilities while they are low level.

But there is a simple explanation to why this is. There is an old saying, "Monkey see, monkey do". It means that new players look at what everyone else does, and they do the same thing. They don't try to be creative at all with their build, stats, or gear.

I'm trying to give people the ability to play around, without having to just learn AOE and join a party. This is a very linear path of leveling, and I think it is annoying, as well as very boring.

Additionally, I agree that the IM resets are still a conflict with my idea. I'm hoping everyone in the community can help figure out how to alleviate this conflict, and come to a compromise.

#23 saravon

saravon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 August 2015 - 10:36 PM

Quick, random, not on topic-ish thoughts.

I didn't read much of the topic sorry.

I don't know how IM stat/skill resets work, but I want them to work this way: unlimited resets within the hour/day they are used for the character. Misclicking is a very possible thing and I hate that.

Perhaps they do work this way so I didn't make a separate topic in the case they did. I know that there is a special stat/skill reset skill but perhaps IM stat/skill resets work in the bad terrible way.

I also want the function to "lock" stats so that you can't accidentally spent points on them. Some level of difficulty to implement that.

Edited by saravon, 18 August 2015 - 11:40 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users