[Community Event] Will you marry me? **Winners Update!** - Events - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Community Event] Will you marry me? **Winners Update!**

122 replies to this topic

#1 Idun

Idun

Hail Njoror

• Retired
  • 594 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin & Freyja

Posted 26 July 2015 - 02:27 PM

HqZYb4e.png

Will you marry me?

July 26, 2015 to August 10, 2015

What better way to enjoy the upcoming release of Jawaii than to celebrate the love that is found all around our world? In this event, we ask you to share your stories and images of falling in love in RO2. Have you found that special someone who you want to spend the rest of your life slaying Porings with? Is there a boss monster you have a special crush on? Now is the time to share that love with the world!

Entries
Entries will be accepted from July 26 to August 10.

There are four categories for your entry:

Original Art  Completely original works of art (no screenshot/edited screenshot) that show you or the object of your affection in RO2. Want to draw a picture of your first date, or create a postcard from your honeymoon? This is the category for you!

Edited Screenshot Feeling artistic but don't want to draw? Enter in this category! Use any screenshots and editing processes you'd like to create your image. 

Each piece of artwork should include a short description to give us an understanding of what you decided to draw.

Love Story/Song/Poem -  Not a fan of drawing? No problem! This is a category for writing. Tell us your love story, write a love song, or write us a poem. Feel free to include images to help you tell your story, but please note that this category will be judged based on the story. If you are writing a song, you may sing it or add music to it if you'd like, but the entry will be judged based on lyrics. 

Music Video/Video - Want to express your love through a music video or montage? Want to make a movie of your RO2 love story? Have at it!

Voting
Voting will be done by the WarpPortal team for the winners of each category. 

Prizes
Each quality entry will receive a participation prize of one untradeable 7 Day Elite Membership Card (VIP).

Each category will have two winners, and each winner will receive a permanent, one-slot Wedding Dress or Tuxedo (your choice). 

Grand Prize! From among the category winners, the grand prize winner will receive an in-game Jawaii wedding ceremony officiated by Njoror in addition to the regular regular prize. Both participants in the wedding ceremony must be willing players. No forced or arranged marriages will be allowed. Monsters cannot consent to marry you, so they will be excluded from the ceremony as well. 

How to Enter
Please use this form to enter:

In-Game Name:
Server:
Category Entering:
Preferred Costume (Wedding Dress or Tuxedo):
Image, Story, or Video Link:

Rules
- One entry per person!
- Inappropriate and offensive content will be removed.
- Entries must be new, original work.
- Event and prize details are subject to change.

Edited by VmodPoke, 24 August 2015 - 01:16 PM.

#2 Nubice

Nubice

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 27 July 2015 - 10:51 AM

D: i cant marry my rabongs!? D:

#3 Amilus

Amilus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 430 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 11:20 AM

I cant participates because Poke didnt say "i do"

#4 Idun

Idun

Hail Njoror

• Retired
  • 594 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 01:46 PM

D: i cant marry my rabongs!? D:

You can draw pictures of your love story with them, or write them a love song! But unfortunately, for the "Grand Prize" only players can marry. Though maybe Njoror could spawn you some for the wedding... hmm...

I cant participates because Poke didnt say "i do"

It's not you, it's me! I'm too young!

#5 1610140828071104600

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 03:33 PM

What if I have the same in-game gender? Would there be a way to make me wear a tuxedo? :

#6 Idun

Idun

Hail Njoror

• Retired
  • 594 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 07:24 PM

Tuxedo (male) and Wedding Dress (female) are bound to the in-game gender of your character. Unfortunately, there is no way to make a Tuxedo fit a female as of now. You can always draw the character wearing whatever you'd like! But for the in-game wedding you'd be limited to wedding dresses for females. 

#7 ReikoReiko

ReikoReiko

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Server:Odin -> Channel 7

Posted 27 July 2015 - 08:45 PM

ammm.... is the wedding dress and tuxedo has the original stats? or just plain Wedding dress and Tuxedo?XD

#8 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1307 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 09:28 PM

ammm.... is the wedding dress and tuxedo has the original stats? or just plain Wedding dress and Tuxedo?XD

Would your love increase proportionally to the number of stats you gain? :P

I sincerely hope it's not a statted costume, it's not really what the event should be about XD

#9 Monteh

Monteh

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 10:50 PM

Oh well then maybe I would just have to make use of what we have right now. Is this a new thing added to the system? I mean marriage system or just plainly an event? Sorry. I really had to ask that.

#10 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• 1307 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 10:58 PM

It's an event.

#11 ReikoReiko

ReikoReiko

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 12:28 AM

I sincerely hope it's not a statted costume, it's not really what the event should be about XD

Errr.... my love for Eremes? </3 hahahahaha

I want statted one :3... if it's a wedding dress without stat, then it would be just a common wedding dress.... :3... loosing the word "special" for the event.... well, this is just for me, though.... I want the wedding dress to be... well, more unique than the previous wedding dress :X.... so it would also be memorable XD

#12 Idun

Idun

Hail Njoror

• Retired
  • 594 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 07:11 AM

No stats, one slot! 

It won't be! Though these costumes do add +100 to loooveee~

Oh well then maybe I would just have to make use of what we have right now. Is this a new thing added to the system? I mean marriage system or just plainly an event? Sorry. I really had to ask that.

No marriage system, but  many have expressed a desire to have one implemented. While that might not be possible now, the event should provide an outlet for all of those lovey feelings you guys have been bottling up! Also, I guarantee the "Grand Prize" wedding will be fun!

#13 Idun

Idun

Hail Njoror

• Retired
  • 594 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 07:19 AM

Errr.... my love for Eremes? </3 hahahahaha

I want statted one :3... if it's a wedding dress without stat, then it would be just a common wedding dress.... :3... loosing the word "special" for the event.... well, this is just for me, though.... I want the wedding dress to be... well, more unique than the previous wedding dress :X.... so it would also be memorable XD

It would be more special, but I think it would also be less fair as a very limited number will be given out. I'd love to give out unique items for events, but things like new costumes take a while to be made. I'll see what I can add/change for prizes in this event to make the rewards as special as possible. I will have a final list of prizes and participation rewards up today. 

Edited by VmodPoke, 28 July 2015 - 07:19 AM.

#14 Mugenjou88

Mugenjou88

I made it Off Topic

• 71 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 July 2015 - 07:08 AM

Music Video/Song - Want to express your love through a music video or montage? Have at it!

what's the min/max duration for this category?

#15 Idun

Idun

Hail Njoror

• Retired
  • 594 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 09:20 AM

what's the min/max duration for this category?

For both the video and written entries, the focus should be on the quality of the story or video. Take as much time as needed to communicate your point. As a guideline, I'd suggest at least 250-300 words for a story and 0:45- 1:00 for a video. Poem length and word count will vary. I don't plan to disqualify entries based on time/character limits, but please make sure to take your time to submit a thoughtful, quality entry!

#16 kiritokki

kiritokki

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 04:13 PM

..No matter if we have the same gender in the game, right..? i mean.. *wispers* can we get a wedding even if we're both male chars right(???) *of course i will not win, but i want to know~* xDDDDD *run away, very very far*

Edited by kiritokki, 29 July 2015 - 04:13 PM.

#17 Idun

Idun

Hail Njoror

• Retired
  • 594 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 04:29 PM

..No matter if we have the same gender in the game, right..? i mean.. *wispers* can we get a wedding even if we're both male chars right(???) *of course i will not win, but i want to know~* xDDDDD *run away, very very far*

The gender of the characters does not matter. This is a celebration of love!

nKE81nr.png

#18 ReikoReiko

ReikoReiko

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 08:42 PM

ohhh, well.... Screen Shot would do to make it memorable :X.... (sentimental person here)

ammm... the entries would be posted here, right? :3... and it's "One Entry Per Person" not "One Entry Per Category"? So, everyone could focus on one category only....

*wishing that my category choice, lesser people would join*

And btw, why is "Song" in two categories? Makes it confusing :3.... so song could win in Love Story/Poem and Music Video categories?

errr... just wanting to make things clear @____@ sorry for the intrusion..... :X

#19 MoonNightKiss

MoonNightKiss

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationLabyrinths

Posted 30 July 2015 - 03:21 AM

Can we enter as a couple or would each of us have to send in a different entry to qualify for the grand prize?

#20 Idun

Idun

Hail Njoror

• Retired
  • 594 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 05:50 AM

And btw, why is "Song" in two categories? Makes it confusing :3.... so song could win in Love Story/Poem and Music Video categories?

That was just in case someone wanted to write a song, but not sing it or make a video of it. I've changed the categories a bit to make them more clear.

Can we enter as a couple or would each of us have to send in a different entry to qualify for the grand prize?

Enter individually! This way, both of you get a chance to win the costume and can get participation rewards. Both people in the couple are not required to enter for one to win the grand prize. If both people enter, they will need to make completely separate entries. For example, you can both write a story but you can't use the same story (or picture, or video, etc.)

#21 Mishhan

Mishhan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationManila, Philippines

Posted 30 July 2015 - 05:58 AM

does this photo can be an entry? PLnIElR.jpg :heh:

#22 misher

misher

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationManila

Posted 30 July 2015 - 05:53 PM

In-Game Name: Misher
Server: Odin
Category Entering: Art
Preferred Costume (Wedding Dress or Tuxedo): Anything

Lqcq3vY.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/Lqcq3vY.jpg

Edited by misher, 30 July 2015 - 06:22 PM.

#23 Nihonbashi

Nihonbashi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • Server:Thor's dad

Posted 31 July 2015 - 01:35 AM

So does it has to be the story about ppl found each other and then they fell in love ? Does it have to be a happy ending?

300 words max is really short :/ too short to be precise .. Can't make a story with that limit @_@

Edited by Nihonbashi, 31 July 2015 - 01:44 AM.

#24 Idun

Idun

Hail Njoror

• Retired
  • 594 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 05:44 AM

...at least 250-300 words for a story and 0:45- 1:00 for a video...

So does it has to be the story about ppl found each other and then they fell in love ? Does it have to be a happy ending?

300 words max is really short :/ too short to be precise .. Can't make a story with that limit @_@

The story can end however you would like. The word limit suggested was a minimum, not maximum. It can be as long as you'd like!

#25 8503150522022944957

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 07:12 AM

In-Game Name: SinGowther

Server: Odin
Category Entering: Art
Preferred Costume (Wedding Dress or Tuxedo): Anything

9ntncyJ.png

Reply to this topic