Can gm move TI npc and the rest of npc in that line. - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Can gm move TI npc and the rest of npc in that line.

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Zander

Zander

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2392 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 27 July 2015 - 01:09 PM

Ok this issue has been brought up a lot before. People are complaining that theres so many chat rooms in main eden floor. So im suggesting to GMs maybe they can move those npc to the next room north. Nobody go there.

By doing that its all just gonna be people who are doing TI party for the most part. And it will be better to people arrange party and start all together. Also that will lessen the situation when people leave in the middle of party coz they are already finish with their count. This system works on high TI right now coz everybody wait inside before party starts. However, main floor is so crowded specially if theres few party recruiting.

And since people are not willing to move their alt for selling their items i thought maybe GMs should be the one who should adjust instead.( this is not to spoil us but just to make it better and separate with chat rooms all over).

#2 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 July 2015 - 03:12 PM

not sure how npc relocation affects whether people decide to stay in party or not? low and mid ti recruits in the TI itself; people recruit high TI outside because the monsters are scary. otherwise they'd be in the TI also.

#3 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 27 July 2015 - 03:22 PM

One reason people didn't like the idea of moving the npc was because of extra time that gets wasted on a BM when you have to walk through an extra map to TI (doesn't bother me, just repeating from other threads about this).

NPC location won't change people leaving/staying in a party, that just happens naturally for various reasons. Finding chat rooms in the cluster def can suck even if they largely stay to the bottom right. More reason for booking system updates.

#4 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 27 July 2015 - 03:28 PM

Forcing people to do something thehy dontg want to do isn't the best solution.

The correct solution is to deincentivize the chat roms in eden. This can be accomplished by raising the vend zeny limit ceiling.

Therefore this won't be solved soon.

#5 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 27 July 2015 - 04:39 PM

CONTROL + F11

#6 onlyinca

onlyinca

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • Server:Chos. Loki

Posted 27 July 2015 - 11:51 PM

Yea, it's very frusting, when I enter a recruiting party chat and they say they cant find u. Even the stairs it covered. More people are around on Fridays and weakends and a lot chats are on too and people put their on the lower right and block the eden buff from view

I always wonder if the can make the right corner zone no chat and add an npc that opens a chat for u that u can't change. And the option they have would recruit and lvl range or looking for and auto list ur class and lvl

Edited by onlyinca, 27 July 2015 - 11:51 PM.

#7 Zander

Zander

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2392 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 12:12 AM

Forcing people to do something thehy dontg want to do isn't the best solution.

The correct solution is to deincentivize the chat roms in eden. This can be accomplished by raising the vend zeny limit ceiling.

Therefore this won't be solved soon.

Yes this would be a great solution as well regarding this issue. It will completely remove all chats and ofcourse there will still few who will be there and those will be the people who are selling really high end items.

All im saying was it would be really nice to have a less crowded area. I mean we all know the main eden map can be really over crowded and even if we use f11 can be still too much.

Also the part when i said about starting the party/ kill count together would be nice. Its frustrating sometimes when i lead a party and ab or main killer has to leave in the middle of party. Im not saying this wouldnt happen but it wont be as much. (I have to admit this part is coming from my ROCD :D) i feel bad when people get left behind in their kill count.

#8 hotel

hotel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1571 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:shock town

Posted 28 July 2015 - 12:19 AM

those moments when you're using the /invite command to invite someone with so many L's in their name you can't tell which ones are I's and which are L's

or when they have a buttload of symbols and weird spacing lol

#9 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 28 July 2015 - 05:14 AM

those moments when you're using the /invite command to invite someone with so many L's in their name you can't tell which ones are I's and which are L's

or when they have a buttload of symbols and weird spacing lol

double click their name in the chat room so it goes to your whisper box bottom left.

then copypaste it

#10 hotel

hotel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1571 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:shock town

Posted 28 July 2015 - 10:23 AM

double click their name in the chat room so it goes to your whisper box bottom left.

then copypaste it

the more you know :>

#11 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 10:27 AM

CONTROL + F11

Again why not press a button to make chats go away?  Kinda programmed it for that purpose, use it.

#12 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 10:28 AM

it's never worked for me.

#13 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 10:36 AM

You don't count!  You and your enigma of a PC

#14 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 28 July 2015 - 10:42 AM

What command to hide sell chats but leave party recruit ones alone? The sell chats are making it hard to find the party chats :(

#15 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 03:40 PM

You don't count!  You and your enigma of a PC

WOW

#unloved

#16 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 04:13 PM

What command to hide sell chats but leave party recruit ones alone? The sell chats are making it hard to find the party chats :(

That for one forces meta lingo and also I've never had a good experience comparing chat room names because of all the permutations 

#17 RichieDagger

RichieDagger

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed.

Posted 29 July 2015 - 10:11 AM

CONTROL + F11

Anyone having this problem can try ALT +F4.

#18 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 10:14 AM

ICWUDT

#19 Calza

Calza

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 933 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 31 July 2015 - 04:49 AM

Is there no way to filter chats, can't be that hard to make surely?

Sure it would require people to use a prefix, but shame on them if they don't. That way you can easily filter on

"R>" or "NP>" in the eden room without the swarms of people with S > View (that you can't find to click on anyway).

#20 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 07:18 AM

the only way to do this efficiently is to force it via an overhaul of the chat system. basically when creating a chat you would have to select whether it's party recruiting or sales. that would take care of the prefix and you could then filter on that.

but if you're going to devote the resources to do something like that you may as well just make it so the existing party recruitment system isn't completely useless.

#21 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:30 AM

And then you have to consider how many people will abuse that system and use 2 chars with both tags used, etc. :(

#22 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:47 AM

eh I don't think it's really going to be prone to abuse. It's not like someone can't do that right now, just load up a ton of clients and all set up chats in eden. I'm just saying it's probably easier to just devote resources to making the current party recruitment system not suck.

#23 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:51 AM

eh I don't think it's really going to be prone to abuse. It's not like someone can't do that right now, just load up a ton of clients and all set up chats in eden. I'm just saying it's probably easier to just devote resources to making the current party recruitment system not suck.

Thing is, they don't have to do that atm because the only options are show chat or hide chats. It's the inbetween that makes it a needed thing.

Just like bypassing chat room restrictions around NPCs. Even though they aren't supposed to be there, it's common to ignore that and walk the chat to the spot.

#24 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 01:35 PM

I'd rather focus on more important game breaking issues or things that need addressing to be honest.

#25 Zander

Zander

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2392 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 04:24 AM

It might not be game breaking issue but i think this is major as well coz everybody in our community go to eden everyday multiple times. Since eden was implemented this place became one the most populated map everyday. Anyways, i guess we'll just have to deal with it. Thanks anyways :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users