27 replies to this topic

#1 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 27 July 2015 - 01:13 PM

I see a bunch of different headgears for ABs and was wondering which ones were the best? I have a ygg crown at the moment.

#2 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 27 July 2015 - 01:38 PM

Ygg crown is the best if you can +9 or better it.
Chibi pope + blush is better if you intend to stay +4.

If you really really want me to I can explain why its better than chibi pope, or you can take my word at face value.

#3 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 01:39 PM

I think I'm gonna trust you considering the amount of math I've seen you do on forums.

#4 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 July 2015 - 04:38 PM

so much salt is bad for your health jaye

#5 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 27 July 2015 - 05:03 PM

Da heck nonsense are you spouting

#6 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 05:39 PM

*crais laughing*

#7 hotel

hotel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1571 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:shock town

Posted 27 July 2015 - 08:54 PM

ygg frees up the midgear slot and is a lot cheaper too

#8 MeisterKirisaki

MeisterKirisaki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • LocationiRO Loki

Posted 27 July 2015 - 10:14 PM

Spoiler

Edited by MeisterKirisaki, 27 July 2015 - 10:21 PM.

#9 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 28 July 2015 - 05:19 AM

Okay since you posted that. I need to put it in context.

In practice a +12 chibi pope becomes slightly better with parus card and a blush than a +12 yggdrasil crown for outgoing heals. But the incoming heals are exponentially higher. You actually save a lot of SP and die a lot less when you heal yourself for more. Also, the Yggcrown doubles as something you can wear on a tanking class to get more out of heals from priests. Also it frees up the mid slot for a variety of different mid swapping in case you want to use ungoilant card for example, instead of being stuck into using archangeling blush. This last part is very important if you want to be a good bishop.

Also I have both a +12 parus pope and crown and an untrained eye can't even tell which is stronger, since the 4-5% whatever difference becomes very small when I already have like a +100++% heal % from glorious cure wand and other gear added to the crown/pope.

Edited by Jaye, 28 July 2015 - 05:29 AM.

#10 MeisterKirisaki

MeisterKirisaki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • LocationiRO Loki

Posted 28 July 2015 - 06:41 AM

I don't know why you mention a "free middle headgear slot" - you can use whatever card in your middle headgear too if you wear a Chibi Pope as long as it's a Blush. Not just that, you could also put any card in your Chibi Pope (doesn't have to be a Parus card).

Yggdrasil Crown increases Heals on the tank, but I haven't met many if any real tanks wearing that. Witch's Pumpkin Hat on the other hand...

Conclusion: Chibi Pope (two headgear cards) is much more versatile than Yggdrasil Crown (one headgear card + increased Heal on yourself). With higher levels and when people don't depend on Heals alone anymore, the Chibi Pope is the better headgear, it's only a matter of money if you want to buy several Chibi Popes, Blushes and cards.

#11 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 28 July 2015 - 07:07 AM

So you want to advocate having multiple blush[1] and go all in on bishop and have inferior mids for all of your other classes or having to own 2 of every useful mid... so that you can heal 5080 instead of 5000 Vs. someone wearing a yggcrown? That's some kind of special. I am curious to know what all these flexible headgear cards are that actually make you heal less than a ygg crown. So people need multiple +12 chibi popes too, so they can use cards other than parus top? Which cards are these? Completely unnecessary second archangeling? What else?

#12 MeisterKirisaki

MeisterKirisaki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • LocationiRO Loki

Posted 28 July 2015 - 07:36 AM

I'm showing possibilities you didn't care to mention. What people decide for is totally up to them. You might also consider that not everyone aims for +12 gear.

On AB I've used Arc Angeling, Ungoliant, Nightmare, Maya Purple card.
Maybe go read your own argument again that "it frees up the mid slot for a variety of different mid swapping in case you want to use ungoilant card for example, instead of being stuck into using archangeling blush". First you praise one headgear for allowing you to use different cards, and when I point out that the other headgear offers one more slot, you ask what this slot would be useful for.

#13 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 12:51 PM

Uhm. I'm on Kate's side here. 80 more heals isn't worth being limited to a specific set that can't really be utilised as effectively as other classes. And like they said, YGG crowns can be used on other classes for ranking purposes and what not.

Besides... I'd rather be wearing Hexagon spectacles in Scarabas than a blush >·>

#14 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 28 July 2015 - 12:55 PM

I'm showing possibilities you didn't care to mention. What people decide for is totally up to them. You might also consider that not everyone aims for +12 gear.

On AB I've used Arc Angeling, Ungoliant, Nightmare, Maya Purple card.
Maybe go read your own argument again that "it frees up the mid slot for a variety of different mid swapping in case you want to use ungoilant card for example, instead of being stuck into using archangeling blush". First you praise one headgear for allowing you to use different cards, and when I point out that the other headgear offers one more slot, you ask what this slot would be useful for.

Maybe you misread/misunderstood. The middle slot is useful for swapping. The top is not. (In the context of having either a chibi pope or a yggcrown on your head). This rebutted your statement that chibi's advantage is 2 card slot, whcih isn't a real advantage, since you're pretty hard pressed into having a parus card to begin with, just to make it better than a ygg crown in the first place.

And yeah, you can wear hexagon specs or 3d glasses with ygg crown.

Who is kate? Lol

Edited by Jaye, 28 July 2015 - 01:00 PM.

#15 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 01:08 PM

Autocorrect needs to stop this

#16 atsilva

atsilva

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 01:22 PM

Hi,

Does the YggCrown or Chibi wins in terms of healing even if i dont have a Clorious Cure Wand?

May i ask how does the Benevolent Guardian+Holy Stick combo fair in PVM, agains the Ygg Crown, assuming the Holy Stick is +10/+11/+12?

Sorry for the noobness on this matter...but i`ve been using that combo on my AB (since i dont main it and didnt want to get its KVM >.<).

#17 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 28 July 2015 - 01:28 PM

Its not worth investing in a benevolent guardian, because the healing stick+benevolent guardian combo is vastly inferior to the other two setups we discussed.

You should definitely try to work on getting glorious cure wand. if you want you can use affection set for a higher heal, or at least a "speedy recovery wand" for less delay.

If you want to go "bang for your buck," or "I'm afraid to upgrade higher than +7" type of setup, a chibi pope + blush (not slotted) will give a moderate heal boost, worth using.

My specific replies above are to joatman's request of "best" setup not the "most cost effective" setup.

Wheneversomeone says "best" I am looking at +12/+13 setups.

Edited by Jaye, 28 July 2015 - 01:34 PM.

#18 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 01:33 PM

I need the best set up because I'm an ME priest and if I wanna help out in parties I need to use the utmost efficient healing gears since I'm lacking in the buff department.

#19 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 28 July 2015 - 01:35 PM

My me/ado bishop uses +12 ygg crown and +12 glorious cure wand and I tend to heal about 1.5x ~ 2x more than other abs I party.

#20 atsilva

atsilva

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 01:36 PM

Its not worth investing in a benevolent guardian, because the healing stick+benevolent guardian combo is vastly inferior to the other two setups we discussed.

You should definitely try to work on getting glorious cure wand. if you want you can use affection set for a higher heal, or at least a "speedy recovery wand" for less delay.

If you want to go "bang for your buck," or "I'm afraid to upgrade higher than +7" type of setup, a chibi pope + blush (not slotted) will give a moderate heal boost, worth using.

My specific replies above are to joatman's request of "best" setup not the "most cost effective" setup.

Wheneversomeone says "best" I am looking at +12/+13 setups.

Sorry if i wasnt clear.
I mentionet the combo with the Holy Stick (3%/per upgrade on the wand).
From a rough calculation the heal boost would fair well agains the Ygg and wouldnt require the KVM weap.

#21 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 28 July 2015 - 01:52 PM

Sorry if i wasnt clear.
I mentionet the combo with the Holy Stick (3%/per upgrade on the wand).
From a rough calculation the heal boost would fair well agains the Ygg and wouldnt require the KVM weap.

A +7 benevolent guardian is +5%, and a +12 holy stick is +36%, so 41% between both headgear and wand.

A +12 glorious cure wand is +43% -- just from the wand. And it also adds a 10% chance of doubleheal (which is amazing) and 10% delay reduction (which allows you to spam heal faster).

Gcw + yggcrown is +66% outgoing heal and +87% self-heal.
While the guardian combo was 41%.

+12 Chibipope+blush is +22%, so with gcw its +65%. With parus card it is +74% in and out.

Note your heal % can get a lot higher with shadow heal weapon (5%), glorious or diabolous ring (5%), diabolous robe (6%) and the like. With those 3, its +106% self heal with ygg crown.

Edited by Jaye, 28 July 2015 - 02:15 PM.

#22 atsilva

atsilva

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 02:16 PM

A +12 glorious cure wand is +43% -- just from the wand. And it also adds a 10% chance of doubleheal (which is amazing) and 10% delay reduction (which allows you to spam heal faster).

Great info on the glorious wand. It is indeed way better and worth investing into.
Thanks for the clarification.

#23 MeisterKirisaki

MeisterKirisaki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • LocationiRO Loki

Posted 28 July 2015 - 02:42 PM

This rebutted your statement that chibi's advantage is 2 card slot, whcih isn't a real advantage, since you're pretty hard pressed into having a parus card to begin with, just to make it better than a ygg crown in the first place.

Maybe stop inventing "arguments"? Except for the chart which also shows the set without Parus card, I haven't mentioned that card anywhere here. I use Yggdrasil Crown more often than Chibi Pope on my ABs, that doesn't mean that I can't see opportunities for using either.

#24 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 28 July 2015 - 02:44 PM

I've been playing devils advocate all along

K

#25 DarkGazer

DarkGazer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1842 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 July 2015 - 03:21 PM

77839-internet-fight-gif-herp-derp-jXLg.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users