#1 Mithrandir1986

Mithrandir1986

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 July 2015 - 09:12 PM

Hi community,

i am trying to upgrade my zauharant sword to special grade. Even with the event rate where soulcraft success rate is increased, plus unity set which also increasis soulcraft success rate by 1.5%, plus runestone i tried at least 10 times to get my zauharant to special grade and it allways fails.

Is this a bug? For the increase of runestones and set doesnt seem to make any difference.

#2 Laburey21

Laburey21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 409 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 10:38 PM

Hello. It's impossible to draw any conclusions from only 10 attempts. The base success rate for advanced-to-special is 4%, so with the current event it should be at least 8%. Add to that any bonuses you have. I don't know how much bonus the runestones are supposed to give, maybe Popcorn can provide this info.

Edited by Laburey21, 27 July 2015 - 10:39 PM.

#3 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 27 July 2015 - 11:25 PM

I tried out myself (without runestones) and didn't manage to soulcraft from advanced to special within 22 tries.

I agree that this is a bit too low for an event. I will talk to our production team about this again.

As for the runestones I have to ask myself. But if this works like the bonuses of the set parts, it works like this:

Final Soulcraft Success Rate = Soulcraft Success Rate + (Soulcraft Success Rate / 100 x Bonus Rate)

Example: 

Let's assume the rate is 8% and the bonuses are: Set of Unity (+4.5%), DS Balloon (+5.0%) = Total Bonus of 9.5%

Final Soulcraft Success Rate = 8% + (8% / 100 x 9.5%) = 8.76%

#4 ManItsMike

ManItsMike

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 806 posts
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 28 July 2015 - 12:37 AM

No matter how high it gets raised, people will complain. That's the nature of RNG. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you won't. It took me over 100 stacks of souls to legendary 2 rings last week, but less than 50 stacks to legendary my PoS weapon a while back. It's completely random. Keep trying

#5 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 28 July 2015 - 12:42 AM

No matter how high it gets raised, people will complain. That's the nature of RNG. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you won't. It took me over 100 stacks of souls to legendary 2 rings last week, but less than 50 stacks to legendary my PoS weapon a while back. It's completely random. Keep trying

For sure it works like this. But this is considered to be an event and the players should have at least the feeling of an event. 

#6 ManItsMike

ManItsMike

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 806 posts
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 28 July 2015 - 02:23 AM

For sure it works like this. But this is considered to be an event and the players should have at least the feeling of an event.

I see what you mean, but even if the rate was increased by 5 times, people would still fail quite a bit. Soulcrafting and enchanting make equipment so powerful that it needs to be that low for the sake of balance. It's quite an item sink :)

#7 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts
  • LocationWarpPortal forums
  • Server:What is server?

Posted 28 July 2015 - 03:46 AM

A little involvement : It seems soul-crafting rate is even much less than blending monster card rate but what I see is that soul-crafting is easier...can you explain this phenomenon? 

#8 Homurasan

Homurasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1116 posts
  • Server:You can guess.

Posted 28 July 2015 - 06:00 AM

A few attempts (up to 700 maybe) aren't enough to statistically determine the rate at which an event is occuring. Along those lines, a few attempts won't necessarily let you see an increase in soulcrafting rates.

Also, may I suggest a way to reduce the amount of unsatisfied players and make it feel more like an event ? Try calculating the needed amount of souls, gold and insurance scrolls needed in order to increase the grade of the item in average*, and let people use half of said amount at once in order to have a 100% chance to raise its grade. It would be absurdly unlike any other MMORPG, and gathering this huge an amount of items may look difficult, but it would let players use an exact amount of items instead of rolling a few dices and hope it works.

*Think of it this way : 10g + 1 IS + 500 souls with a 5% success rate (average number of attempts needed : 20) => 200g + 20 IS + 10.000 souls divided by 2, so in the end 100g + 10 IS + 5.000 souls.

You could apply any soulcrafting bonus to the total amount of items, too.

#9 Laburey21

Laburey21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 409 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 08:40 AM

A few attempts (up to 700 maybe) aren't enough to statistically determine the rate at which an event is occuring. Along those lines, a few attempts won't necessarily let you see an increase in soulcrafting rates.

Also, may I suggest a way to reduce the amount of unsatisfied players and make it feel more like an event ? Try calculating the needed amount of souls, gold and insurance scrolls needed in order to increase the grade of the item in average*, and let people use half of said amount at once in order to have a 100% chance to raise its grade. It would be absurdly unlike any other MMORPG, and gathering this huge an amount of items may look difficult, but it would let players use an exact amount of items instead of rolling a few dices and hope it works.

*Think of it this way : 10g + 1 IS + 500 souls with a 5% success rate (average number of attempts needed : 20) => 200g + 20 IS + 10.000 souls divided by 2, so in the end 100g + 10 IS + 5.000 souls.

You could apply any soulcrafting bonus to the total amount of items, too.

It's a creative idea, even though it would reduce the number of very satisfied players even more than the number of very unsatisfied ones.

Edited by Laburey21, 28 July 2015 - 08:40 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users