19 replies to this topic

#1 sonemere

sonemere

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2350 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 27 July 2015 - 11:35 PM

been thinkin about radiant changes and what would best suit the class vrs current changes.

the best ideas i can come up with are:

move electric twister to radiant tree and make cooldown per lvl like warlord full swing slash. it would give rads easier leveling and a skill they can spam. with a little aoe.

make magic shield mastery equal to protector shield fortress+shield mastery.

#2 RoxCore

RoxCore

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1016 posts
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 28 July 2015 - 12:07 AM

make magic shield mastery equal to protector shield fortress+shield mastery. useless without block % .... move wog and haste to commy skill tree... buff godly mirror to a godly skill... like heal for 20 % dmg taken or stuff like that... remove dna from teleport to make it usefull... fix dna bug from holy light... make charged bolt aoe like flame arrow ! remove useless Invigoration make Lightning Restraint usefull against bosses....

#3 ARKILIUS

ARKILIUS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 757 posts
  • Locationbehind screen
  • Server:lost one

Posted 28 July 2015 - 12:55 AM

make magic shield mastery equal to protector shield fortress+shield mastery. useless without block % .... move wog and haste to commy skill tree... buff godly mirror to a godly skill... like heal for 20 % dmg taken or stuff like that... remove dna from teleport to make it usefull... fix dna bug from holy light... make charged bolt aoe like flame arrow ! remove useless Invigoration make Lightning Restraint usefull against bosses....

been thinkin about radiant changes and what would best suit the class vrs current changes.

the best ideas i can come up with are:

move electric twister to radiant tree and make cooldown per lvl like warlord full swing slash. it would give rads easier leveling and a skill they can spam. with a little aoe.

make magic shield mastery equal to protector shield fortress+shield mastery.

and then delete prot. class for good , cause nothing left to it that make it unique and meaning. After all zerks already use shield too , with success. Well just thinking , you should add block def buff to zerks too. i find them a bit ...weak. :p_sick: :p_sad: :heh:

#4 RoxCore

RoxCore

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1016 posts
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 28 July 2015 - 03:02 AM

... I didnt say add block % to the tree. .. Just its a useless skill...

#5 Crftwise

Crftwise

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 28 July 2015 - 09:20 AM

I agree with all but the shield mastery.... Should just make the Magic Shield Mastery increase % Block + Block damage. if they want to get creative, combine this skill with a reflect option.

#6 sonemere

sonemere

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2350 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 09:57 AM

shield fortress is the % block. shield mastery is the block defense. lets say that magic shield mastery was 1-10%. if they were added with a +30 trinity mag shield would give 44% block. 270 block defense at +30 and shield mastery block defense +152.

now dont get me wrong im not sayin give them these skills with the protectors dna but just the base skill themselves.

do like the idea of low reflect in the magic shield mastery instead of block def but both would work. move godly mirror to templar.

#7 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 28 July 2015 - 10:09 AM

Godly mirror to templar? Are u -_- serious? Radiant already have mana shield, ista hush, sleep, OP heals...isn't that enough to survive?? OH WAIT, LET S GIVE HIM MORE BLOCK SUCCESS AND BLOCK DEFENSE AND REFLECT and let's remove protector!

Edited by Kazara, 28 July 2015 - 10:12 AM.

#8 Sandyman

Sandyman

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1677 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 July 2015 - 10:16 AM

Well, all good Ideas. 

Special moving Twister to Radiant Tree and make it work like Full Swing Slash.

It would be a gentle balance with the focus on efficiency.

But i dunno...

I can`t help but compare Battle Magician and Templar.

Into my Eyes the BM is the much better First Job Healer.

Alone for Battle_Magician_Natural_Healing.gif & Battle_Magician_Wave_of_Purification.gif

I would wish for a more clean Templar Tree with a DNA for Radiant that reduces the CD for Templar_Lesser_Heal.gif and change 

Templar_Moderate_Heal.gif and Radiant_Moderate_Party_Heal.gif into Hots. Or mby. you find a more inspiring Way. At the Moment the Radiant Heals feel all pretty much the same very boring and repetitive , this should change to make Raids for a Healer more interesting. 

Defiler has a Multi target AoE for Vampire Touch so why not give Radiant a more useful DNA for Lesser Heal?

Templar_Invigoration.gif feels useless. Templar_Salvation.gif could be a first Job skill.

And the Radiant becomes a upgrades Version for it...something like a 30 Sec. Auto Resurrection Buff, that will automatically resurrect a dead Ally

When he died with that Buff on him. lets say for every skill Point into it he resurrect with 10 % HP^^ lets call hit: Aura of Gesus^^

I was leveling my Templar with a club AA Style when i started my Char...it was a hard long way but it felt rewarding nevertheless.

The Templar Skill Tree is pretty much OK, i would only change the DNA and make it more exclusive for Radiant needs and Tempest needs.

Edited by Sandyman, 28 July 2015 - 10:22 AM.

#9 Leash

Leash

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3490 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 28 July 2015 - 10:47 AM

Feel like rads don't need much improvement, but they surely lack the ability to do -_- alone (simple stuff, like TD) at mentioned already.

Some minor things I can think of atm:

• would be nice if they they'd make dat resurrection skill "aoe" to res multiple people at once / without having to click or stand right next to them
  • wouldnt hurt to give templar back blunt strike imo

#10 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 28 July 2015 - 10:54 AM

Yeah, a new AOE ress to radiant would be cool, that's all I would add on radiant. The block buffs..looks more protector skills ~.~

Edited by Kazara, 28 July 2015 - 10:58 AM.

#11 Sandyman

Sandyman

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1677 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 11:01 AM

why should a Supportive Char like Radiant can do anything? for what does he has a PB?

Look at the Zerk changes. Now he can do anything. The Role Play aspect going to hell. 

I know that you Guys have good intention, so that a Radiant don`t have to feel frustrated or lose the interest to level his Class.

But than mby. better think of a Way to make the Job Change Function more regular. We have all those conflicts because of the

Non existing flexibility to change the Job without a Cash Shop Item.

I don`t get that anyway. Why give such a very Important and fundamentally option only for Cash? (or rare events i know^^)

I say either make Job Change Items into a Compoundable Item or just remove the Option from the Game.

With such a Option we don`t have to break a sweat about such contradictions.

Edited by Sandyman, 28 July 2015 - 11:04 AM.

#12 sonemere

sonemere

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2350 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 11:24 AM

make invigoration % mana or hp buf....

#13 Leash

Leash

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3490 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 29 July 2015 - 01:57 AM

why should a Supportive Char like Radiant can do anything? for what does he has a PB? (...) We have all those conflicts because of the Non existing flexibility to change the Job without a Cash Shop Item.

Healers main thing is to be support of course, but I can't think of any other mmorpg where the healer class is so dependent on other people.

I like to be somewhat independent, luckily my rad is only an alt.

Also can't think of any other mmorpg that let's you change your entire class.
I never really liked that we have that option (even tho needless to say I did it too with my alts, multiple times). I feel like it devalues your over all "gaming experience".

But then again with level jump events and so on Requiem lost giving a -_- about "value" long time ago.

#14 MacMad

MacMad

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 727 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 02:48 AM

give radi an instant party heal and melee reflect so i can dominate battlefields :ph34r:

#15 Sandyman

Sandyman

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1677 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 06:28 AM

Healers main thing is to be support of course, but I can't think of any other mmorpg where the healer class is so dependent on other people.

I like to be somewhat independent, luckily my rad is only an alt.

Also can't think of any other mmorpg that let's you change your entire class.
I never really liked that we have that option (even tho needless to say I did it too with my alts, multiple times). I feel like it devalues your over all "gaming experience".

But then again with level jump events and so on Requiem lost giving a -_- about "value" long time ago.

Radiant need Help from other but that`s only AoE wise true.

He can solo Juggernut and is a beast at FoC 69.

Into my Eyes he is already way to strong DMG Wise. (Thanks to the first Job)

I would gladly sacrifice all my DMG Potential from the First Job as a Radiant for a more clean and therefore more needed Healer Skill Tree.

For that Reasons i hate to see Heals on other Classes like Zerk for example. Every self heal kills the role play aspects on the BF`s and the need for a Radiant even more.

There are Games out there who don`t even have a Healer Class or where you can set up every Skill Tree in Game from each Class available for every other Race and Class. 

But that will only backfire in the End. That`s not freedom. If i want a Heal Class with AoE DPS i just have to play a Mystic.

Giving every Class AoE Option and Heal Option is just feeding the selfishness of some Players. Who don`t like to play as a Team or hate to depend on other.

It might be more trendy or common in other Games but for me it`s just another step into the "Mainstream MMO Hell". 

Dev`s doing it to make Player more independent from other. So we all can solo Requiem like a off line Game^^

(you only need to reinforce some more^^)

And the MMO Aspect is only good for showing off ^^ like the BF Ranking.

I prefer Hard setting with clean limits for every Class. The Game lost so much Horror Aspect already because Temperions became Semi Gods.

Edited by Sandyman, 29 July 2015 - 06:41 AM.

#16 Apollonia93

Apollonia93

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 703 posts
  • Server:Nova

Posted 29 July 2015 - 07:08 AM

I don't always agree with Sandy

But when I do

It's about Radiants.

Agreed on everything you said

#17 Sandyman

Sandyman

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1677 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 08:42 AM

well i think it`s important that we share our thoughts, so i don`t want to turn every Conversation into a Dev Bashing Competition.

That was not my intention.

It`s just obvious for me that they are going for the more easy solutions. That focus on the income per head.

If you make Classes and leveling more easy, it`s more likely that the Player will hit Cap level and the bond to the Game will become stronger i can get that.

But this is Diluting Classes, when every Class can AoE and Heal a bit.

You don`t want to improve the Heal aspect from the Healer?

Because that would be to OP? so let`s give em a bit more DMG? 

Your doing it that way because 1 Healer could improve the whole Party significant better than 

if you give the whole party only a weak Self heal. I can see your motive behind that very clear.

It`s all for the sake of making many work on their Gear rather than only the Radiant or the Protector.

Your Way of balancing looks for me like another Mayor Step into selling Requiem Silver.

I don`t have any Problem if Veritas err' Alteris going through all Titles and try to find out which Milk Aspect we can copy and paste from one Game to another. If the Players benefits from it. But like you did it with Maestia "Atmas" or Mercenary better saying - that was surly not the best Solution for Requiem and the Players.

Since we had those already in a weaker form. So if i sound angry , it`s just my disappointment speaking. And i don`t want to feel or say "Sorry" for that.

Edited by Sandyman, 29 July 2015 - 09:17 AM.

#18 Crftwise

Crftwise

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 29 July 2015 - 09:13 AM

Godly mirror to templar? Are u -_- serious? Radiant already have mana shield, ista hush, sleep, OP heals...isn't that enough to survive?? OH WAIT, LET S GIVE HIM MORE BLOCK SUCCESS AND BLOCK DEFENSE AND REFLECT and let's remove protector!

Or they could just move it to the Tempest tree.... Which, after thinking about it, they should. (Magic Shield Mastery)

#19 BloodyHalo

BloodyHalo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • LocationHollow Bastion
  • Server:Long Live Hammerine

Posted 29 July 2015 - 10:48 AM

Or they could just move it to the Tempest tree.... Which, after thinking about it, they should. (Magic Shield Mastery)

Yall dont need anything else defense wise nor does any other caster in this game, skip!

#20 ARKILIUS

ARKILIUS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 757 posts
  • Locationbehind screen
  • Server:lost one

Posted 29 July 2015 - 11:50 AM

TKS KAZ !

and YES BLOODY !

yeah . seriously enough joke you ugly casters asking for everything ! Casters shouldn't even be allowed to use shield !!! :omg: :p_ang:

NASTY CASTERS LOOKING FOR EVEN MORE GOD MODE !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users