#1 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 29 July 2015 - 01:36 AM

This is a thread to submit what you, the players, would like to see as possible future events! If you wish to submit an event idea please use the following format or risk having your idea hidden.

Event Name:

Event Type:( Log in,PvE, PvP, Professions, etc)

Event Description:

Here's  an example.

Event Name: Weekend Element Raiders

Event type: PvE

Event Description: Specific element dungeons on weekends have a 2x drop rate on all element related items.

#2 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts
  • LocationWarpPortal forums
  • Server:What is server?

Posted 31 July 2015 - 11:40 AM

Event name : Blending monster card event.

Event type : Blending?

Event description : x2 blending success rate.

#3 Elijazz

Elijazz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 12:09 PM

Event Name: Give me my 6*

Event Type: Opening element boxes

Event Description: times rate in getting 6* when opening element boxes :D

#4 VinylDorayaki

VinylDorayaki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 659 posts
  • LocationVirtual Reality
  • Server:Disboard

Posted 31 July 2015 - 01:25 PM

Event Name : Golden Woodie Coin Box

Event Type : PvE 

Event Description : Gather 1000 (something) for a box contains 2~5 w-coins :p_idea:

Edited by VinylDorayaki, 31 July 2015 - 01:25 PM.

#5 kevcool100

kevcool100

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • LocationQuébec, Canada
  • Server:The Last :3

Posted 31 July 2015 - 04:47 PM

Event Name: Let's be friend !

Event type: PvE

Event Description: x3 or x4 Friend points increase with a new ring like couple ring which you can share with your friends :p_smile: . Something like that or other "Friend Event". Just for the importance of friends  :p_love: 

#6 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 31 July 2015 - 06:08 PM

Event Name: Community Dungeon Raids.

Event Type: PvE

Event Description: Fill the Community Dungeons and convince the GM's to get some darn system messages for them.

#7 ScrambledCraig

ScrambledCraig

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 31 July 2015 - 07:04 PM

Event Name: Fall harvest

Event type: Professions

Event Description Option 1:  x2 speed Normally it takes 10 seconds for one Purple Veggie, with the event it takes 5 seconds.

Event Description Option 2: we receive 2 of the purple veggies instead of just one, (Purple Veggie is just an example)

Event Description Option 3: Higher chance of receiving Lv 4 Lv 5 and Lv 6

#8 Laburey21

Laburey21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 409 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:42 PM

Event Name: Portable Hammers

Event Type: Login and/or IM

Event Description: Portable hammer as daily login rewards. Add Emerald Hammers to IM.

EDIT: Not important to do this now -- we got some Paris boxes now and they give a lot of hammers. I still would like Emerald Hammers in the IM, though.

Not needed anymore.

Edited by Laburey21, 09 September 2015 - 10:46 PM.

#9 fozalicious

fozalicious

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts
  • LocationHo Chi Minh City, VietNam

Posted 07 August 2015 - 07:02 PM

Event Name: Halloween Makers

Event Type: Forum Event

Event Description: Like the previous Mix-match event but this time must be base on Halloween Theme.

*This Event would be held b4 Halloween Holiday abt 1 month and the winners costumes will be released on Halloween ( 1 month or could be more to provide time for DS team to prepare the costumes, as long as all costumes would be ready for Holiday at the same time)

:p_laugh:

#10 flubsy

flubsy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 09:43 AM

After the past few events, I must say I couldn't figure out what was annoying me till now.  

I felt like previous events were on different scales.  Let's say there are three types.  Minor, Average, Major.

After the community rollbacks, almost every event has been Major.  

First, let's address the issue I have with the most recent event.  Paris box.  The item, White Paris Wings, is a semi-hard item to farm and this event basically kills this item's value along with basically the dungeon.  A lv 1 can farm and get a lv 70 paris wing.  This, to me, does not make sense.  

Here is what I think the guidelines should be for PvE events.

1. They should encourage parties, teamwork, questing.

2. Anything farmable in game should not be a reward. (paris wings, bloody crystal)

3. They should encourage visiting different dungeons or doing specific dungeons (not killing "X" amount of random mobs or farming infinite number of random mobs.)

Increasing the drop rate or farm rate does not help the community.  It allows for in game items that are already fairly easily obtainable to become devalued which in turn does not encourage even remotely visiting the dungeon.  The reason why it is good that the game has these items farmable at those specific dungeons is that it encourages players to build items in previous dungeons in order to farm the next dungeon.  There's a natural hierarchy to the game and these events are basically destroying it.  Cough, lv 1's ability to farm lv 70 items, cough.

These events do not allow for people to actually experience the game, but complain more about wanting "meaningless" events that slowly destroy the whole point of the game altogether.  Which are the quests and dungeons and etc...

I think events or major ones should be slowed down to one per month which lasts only a week, with possible minor events like an 'XO' quiz.  The exp events are already quite good for lvling.  

The staff should really focus more on fixing bugs that exist within the game.  Like preventing rollback/server crashes that happen nearly every month, dungeon bosses disappearing, quests being bugged (I'm looking at you kill gatekeeper 40 times and for some reason does not increase my kill count), etc...  

Events overall is a "nice to have" which everyone seems to be forgetting and not a "need to have".

An example is something like this (though because of the recent heirloom event this is not a good idea for now)

Event Name: Bone Dragon's Rage

Event Description: Bone Dragon now had 3x more HP.  3 Volcanic glass with Scales can be traded in for 1 Heirloom Weapon.  2 Hero set pieces  2 Rare set pieces of the same type and class can be traded in for the equivalent heirloom set piece.  For the Draken class, they may trade those set pieces in for customized normal Bone Dragon set renamed "Heirloom Bone Dragon Twin" and "Heirloom Bone Dragon Summoner" with values equivalent to their human counterparts. "aim, mspd, hp, agi, final crit rate, etc"

An Example of a trade would be:  2 Hero Bone Chest Paladin + 2 Rare Bone Chest Paladin = 1 Heirloom Bone Chest Paladin.

The IM costume event is great and all with customized stats, but also in the same regards to in game items, I honestly think there should only be 1 winner and held once a year as having multiple winners along with multiple in game costumes with customized stats is too overwhelming and not good for the community.  People are greedy and the staff should not to give in to demands and know when to say no.  Recently I feel as though they're just saying yes to everything.

TL;DR: limit major events to once a month or every two months, with mini events in-between.  Events should encourage questing, parties and doing dungeons not killing random mobs for equips/IM items.

Edited by flubsy, 20 August 2015 - 09:45 AM.

#11 IzumiShinichi

IzumiShinichi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • LocationArea 51
  • Server:Area 51

Posted 02 September 2015 - 12:09 PM

Event Name: Gotta Catch Them All

Event Type: Community Event/Dragon Saga Players

Event Description: i dont know if this is possible but  i hope so :)

- Catching any monster in mission/dungeon etc. Except Boss to become one of your pet (LIKE IN POKEMON) LOL  :heh:

- ITEM NAME : DS Ball

Description - use to catch any monster in field/dungeon/missions to become your pet

How to use : Throw to any monster @ any degree LOL  :rice: [Be carefull on throwing]

Chance of catching

[ normal ] monster = 100% [Sample monster - Ram , Woodie etc]

[ rare ] monster = 50% [Sample monster - Elite star lulu , Elite Crabby]

if you failed on catching rare [ GG well play sorry lol ]

1 DS ball per 1 player

PET[Following restricted] Put in an open market , Mail , Trade]

QUEST : <NPC> Gato 

gato experiment/researching on how to  tame a monster then he discover the DS ball , but hes not sure if its 100% working so he want you to use one of DS ball for trial or test before that , gato want you to hunt the materials to make the DS ball

Quest Title : Hunting Materials

[Event] Cloth of paris AREA -> [Specter tower]

[Event] Paris wing AREA -> [Drakos]

[Event] Bone dragon Volcanic glass AREA -> [Vancliff]

[Event] Black dragon lord bloody crystal  -> [Black claw nest]

Material is in a misc , cannot be trade or sell or put in an open market

[%Chance of getting material 30%-50%]

so theres a low Lvl player that cant hunt that due to lvl and the dungeon are very dangerous

so they can farm [DS Yellow coin] and trade it to Vending machine

Cloth of paris [10 DS yellow coin]

Paris wing [ 15 DS yellow coin ]

black dragon volcanic glass [ 25 DS yellow coin]

Bloody Crystal [ 40 DS yellow coin ]

[%drop rate 25%-35%]

Drop is on the monster/bosses in dungeon/field/Mission etc.

LVL REQUIRED FOR QUEST Human Lvl30 Above - Drakan Lvl.35 Above

once you complete the quest there will be a short Video Clip/2D Art Clip [ toturial/Guide on how to use DS ball]

after that gato will give you the DS Ball 

Im just  sharing my idea sorry if its too child like

:wah:

my bad sorry lol

Edited by IzumiShinichi, 02 September 2015 - 12:16 PM.

#12 LloydUTR

LloydUTR

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationOn my chair,Earth,next to the Moon and the Sun
  • Server:<=== That

Posted 04 September 2015 - 06:13 AM

Event Name: Elga/Paris Accessory Gacha Box

Event Description: When you killed a monster they drop black coins,collect 5 black coins and 15 gada coins for an elga accessory box at the vending machine when open it randomly yields materials used to make black dragon lord armor and weaps (key of light,sealed crystal of darkness,essence of darkness,scales,etc.....of course no bloody crystal) x3 ea.For the Paris Accessory Gacha box you collect 15 black coins and 10 gada coins,when open you get a heirloom zauharant weapon (which is slightly more powerful than undead bone and have no bonus option...) and sometimes you get Parisspiritbbaby.png  orParisspirits.png egg

#13 flubsy

flubsy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 10:35 PM

Building upon Lloyd's event and modifying it.

Event Name: Drako's Tower of Lament, Eye of Spectre 

Event Description:  

Gaiden, Kimart, and Antares have triple the health and defense as they are now fighting off anyone trying to enter Drakos.

Collect drops from (3 normal/3 rare/3 hero) Gaiden, (3 normal/3 rare/3 hero) Kimart, (3 normal/3 rare/3 hero) Antares, along with 3 gems of each mode hero/rare/normal.  By trading in a zauhurant weapon with a paris wing along with the drops will yield a heirloom zauharant weapon of equivalence.

Collect (10) Cloth of Paris along with (200) Wrecked Ghosts.  By trading these items you may get a paris egg pet (Yellow). 

Collect (15) Cloth of Paris along with (300) Wrecked Ghosts and 10 of each soul of every boss.  By trading these items you may get a paris egg pet (Red)

The way it would work for heirloom Zau:

Trade 3 normal, 3 rare, 3 hero Gaiden drops for 1 item called Gaiden Gear

Trade 3 normal, 3 rare, 3 hero Kimart drops for 1 item called Kimart Wings

Trade 3 normal, 3 rare, 3 hero Antares drops for 1 item called Antares Heart

Trade in Gaiden Gear, Kimart Wings, Antares Heart for Drakos Essence

Trade Drakos Essence, Paris Wing, Zauharant weapon for Hierloom Zauharant Weapon

My reasoning for making it decently difficult to make this weapon is because it was near impossible to make this weapon in the previous chapter one.  It was a weapon with a 1% chance success rate/30% with an IM item, with the drop rate of each misc needed under 1%.  I believe this tones down the difficulty of obtaining it while making it still an obtainable goal.  This event may allow for people to start partying together, build better gears, along with a great prize for hard work.

#14 ScrambledCraig

ScrambledCraig

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 09:47 AM

Event Name:

Event Type: Pve/World Drop

Event Description: World drop Pve for Soul stacks and log in event for soul craft randomizers

1. A strong increase on silver coin drops

2. Soul craft Randomizers dropped when you have stayed online for 10 to 15 min, once you stayed online a box will be given to the person. With-in the box you can get 1-5 Randomizers

I understand this is two events, we can just pick one or the other or both

#15 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 06:29 PM

Event Name: Put a Ring on It.

Event Type: World Drop PvE.

Event Description: Monsters have a low chance of dropping ring boxes that contain a 3-star lunar, stella or solar ring. Level of ring based on area (Example; Verglas Ridge or another level 60-69 area would drop V-tor, Dragon Velly or another level 70+ area would drop Ancient Caracha, Galaxia/Elements would drop one based on level the dungeon is scaled to. Cerberus excluded because of obvious reasons.)

#16 ScrambledCraig

ScrambledCraig

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 10:49 PM

It's a bad idea, sorry that you have bad luck, but I've seen the amount people spend to get their gears perfect, as I am kinda in that category as well.

Well then maybe a refund sale, what i mean by this is that if i buy something from the Item mall, two weeks or whenever the event ends you get the same item again for free. (this was done in the past)

Edited by ScrambledCraig, 07 September 2015 - 10:50 PM.

#17 sigeel

sigeel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 08 September 2015 - 12:28 PM

Event Description: Monsters have a low chance of dropping ring boxes that contain a 3-star lunar, stella or solar ring. Level of ring based on area (Example; Verglas Ridge or another level 60-69 area would drop V-tor, Dragon Velly or another level 70+ area would drop Ancient Caracha, Galaxia/Elements would drop one based on level the dungeon is scaled to. Cerberus excluded because of obvious reasons.)

this is a cool idea but it should prolly also apply to mission maps. I can already see dragon valley/elga areas completely crowded and people ks-ing each other for possible drop chance.

#18 VinylDorayaki

VinylDorayaki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 659 posts
  • LocationVirtual Reality
  • Server:Disboard

Posted 08 September 2015 - 12:42 PM

This idea is nice but will make the Perfect Hunches loss their values  :p_smile:

#19 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 01:47 PM

Lower the drop rate or make a gasha box!

There is a gasha box, but it gives 10-star Ancient Carachas and WarpPortal have probably agreed to not release em anymore.

#20 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts
  • Server:None

Posted 09 September 2015 - 11:12 PM

Event Name : Anti-elements

Event Type : Acheivement medal

Event Description :  Medal of nullification. Have 1000 wins and 1000 losses in pvp to get a medal that reduces all elemental damage taken to 0 and all elemental damage dealt to 0.

Stats: 15% mspd, 10% cast speed, - 5% max hp, - 5% of max mp, +5000 ATK, +5000 MATK, - 5000 Def, -1000MDef

MDef is low because its hard to stack Mdef when everything is at +20 :3
Mdef/Def can not go below 0

Hehehe.

Edited by Agitodesu, 09 September 2015 - 11:21 PM.

#21 Miikochan

Miikochan

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 04:33 AM

Event name: Pvp 1-1 tournament (Duel tournament)

Event type: Pvp per week or per month

Event descr: PvP tournament occur at a new map of pvp narrow like duel without any equipment but a default weapon at same lv no upgrade and soul craft to prove their skill in pvp; condition to join: lv60++ change lv to a average lv of 2 player, for EU zone we should create one and create one more for asia zone time!!!!

some skill must restrict to get balance in 1vs1 pvp, PRIZE: achivement 7 day and special IM equipment 7day for 1st 2nd 3rd, gold, gacha box of IM item or support gacha box, some kind of exchange item for any one take part in (higher place more prize), create a hall of fame and or hero statue and name here or just a list of winner~~!!====>>> i just want bring pvp system back~~!! it seem to be have no people join pvp when CP farm time come,

#22 stiffyliffyriffy

stiffyliffyriffy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 01:37 PM

Event Name: Monster Madness!

Event Description:
Every hour Gwen summons all the different type of bosses and mini bosses from the elemental dungeons to both Kazuera and Port of winds area for all players to defeat.

​

Rewards
Monster drop: Elemental boxes and Elemental Cards (level based on the player who killed the monster/dealt the most damage)

Any player to defeat more than 10 bosses/mini bosses will receive a fantastic medal.

Achievement Medal:  Prius (+3 strength +3 Intelligence +3 Agility +3 Health 20% Attack Speed 20% Movement Speed)

Any player to defeat more than 20 bosses/mini bosses will receive an even better medal
Achievement Medal: Tesla (+30 Agility +30 Health 25% Attack Speed 25% Movement Speed)

#23 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts
  • Server:Sounds obvious !

Posted 14 September 2015 - 01:46 PM

All the event ideas I've seen so far are rather for prizes than having fun...

#24 rockstar999

rockstar999

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 02:00 PM

All the event ideas I've seen so far are rather for prizes than having fun...

Well doing the event wouldn't be fun if the prizes weren't rewarding enough and everyones perspective of fun is different. Try to see it from not only your own point of view please.

#25 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts
  • Server:None

Posted 14 September 2015 - 02:12 PM

What is a fun event? What determines what is fun?

Usually most events here follow this basis.

1.Get free things.
2.Kill something to get something.
3.Kill something,get something, turn that something in for something.
3.Get some kind of bonus.(exp,ins,soulcraft etc)
4.something related to pvp to get a prize.
5.hide and seek to find a gm to receive a prize.

You can simply follow this and put whatever and it'll be general.
Someone has to be creative and break this chain to find something new and maybe more fun than we actually find it to be.
Currently Gms and others may be too busy and/or restricted to doing large events. So be happy with what events they choose and enjoy them until something creative or amazing happens.

Edited by Agitodesu, 14 September 2015 - 02:14 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users