[Community Event] Emperium Chef *Winners Up!* - Events - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Community Event] Emperium Chef *Winners Up!*

23 replies to this topic

#1 VModSalsa

VModSalsa

Hail Njoror

• WarpPortal VM
  • 83 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 31 July 2015 - 04:51 AM

Emperium Chef

August 1, 2015 - August 31, 2015

Do you think you have what it takes to be Rune-Midgarts' Emperium Chef? Compete against other chefs aspiring to earn the title by making your best version of traditional Rune-Midgarts dishes -OR- by making a dish that mimics something found in the kingdom.

After you've made your entry, take a picture and post it along with a description of your entry. Tell us what inspired you and how your creation tastes.

Entries will be judged based on presentation in the image or images you share and on the description, separated into two categories.
Entry images will be posted on Facebook after all entries have been submitted.

Prizes:
1st Place
Current Platinum Costume Box & Current Platinum Accessory Box
2nd Place
Current Myunil Costume Box & Current Myunil Accessory Box
3rd Place
Current Lucky Box

Current will be based on the box available in the shop when the prizes are awarded.

Rules:

• One entry per person.
  • Entry contents must be created by you for the purpose of this contest. Assistance by friends/family is acceptable, but you should have an active role in the creation of your entry.
  • Entry must be *edible* - entries made of non-consumable ingredients will be disqualified. The ingredients list does not need to be complete, but should give a basic idea of what was used.
  • Including the recipe is completely optional, but encouraged. If you include a recipe, be sure to include a complete list of ingredients with measurements!

Entry Form:

Character name:
Description:
Ingredients:
Recipe (optional):

Example:

Spoiler

Edited by VModSalsa, 16 September 2015 - 02:03 PM.

#2 NilaR

NilaR

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 August 2015 - 05:25 PM

Character name: EIyssa
Description: Fried Million Mushroom rhsjyw.jpg
Mushrooms have always been a favorite for my father and me. While we might not had tasted every possible edible mushrooms (omitting those poisonous ones, of course), they tasted great and can blend well with many ingredients. I once cooked this mushroom dish on my father's birthday, as a special gift for him. One of my earliest edible and tasty dish ever since I was allowed and taught cooking by my mother, after a numerous attempts and made the kitchen severely chaotic. That content look on his face and said his thanks after his sincere compliment on it was such a delightful memory that I can still clearly recall until now. It's a rather simple recipe, actually. The flavours are enhanced by the aromatic properties of minced garlic and onions, and can be lightly spiked by chillies, which boosts this dish’s personality. I used White Button Mushroom in this recipe. Mushrooms are quickly stir-fried to retain their soft and firm texture, and delicate taste making them a joy to eat. This stir fry is essentially a sweet and sour sauce based dish with mushrooms, and other ingredients. The recipe is versatile and you can tweak it as you please by omitting or substituting some of the ingredients to accommodate your palate. You can substitute the carrots with bell peppers and the field mushrooms can be swapped with other fungi, including oyster, shiitake, enoki, crimini, etc. After a quick stir-fry of the minced garlic and onion and their aroma come out, add in the carrots, baby corns, and mushrooms. Stir-fry them for a while until they have softer texture. Then, add in the chicken broth. Let it simmer for three to four minutes. Stir as it simmers. After that, add in the bok choys, and green beans, let them simmers for a minute and the sauce is seeped in. Dish up and serve. Simple as that.

Spoiler

Ingredients: Mushrooms, green beans, carrots, baby corns, bok choys, and chicken broth

Recipe (optional):

• 100g White Button Mushrooms
  • 100g carrots (thinly sliced)
  • 100g baby corns (thinly sliced)
  • 100g bok choys (evenly sliced)
  • 100g green beans (evenly sliced)
  • 1 tbsp cooking oil
  • 2 tbsp sweet and sour sauce
  • 2 tbsp minced garlic / 2 minced garlic
  • 2 tbsp minced onions / 2 minced onions
  • 2 tsp sugar
  • 1 1/2 tsp salt

EDIT:

My deepest apologies for everyone for I have made a grave mistake. There shouldn't be any picture here, since I had yet to finish the recipe. It was on an early morning and I didn't have all of the ingredients ready, but the recipe was already in my mind and that I would put in my entry with it. Although not fully ready yet, the urge to put it beforehand was one that get into me. I couldn't put it aside. One terrible thing I did was put a image in. I really shouldn't had done it. But, after I finished other info, such as recipe's description and ingredients, I thoughtlessly put an image here that should've left empty if it's unfinished. Wasn't really put much thought, should've left unfinished by then and complete it later. But, it happened. Even more to it, I couldn't find the White Crab Mushroom and cook it as intended, but replace it and the bean curd instead. So very terrible. I can't have excuses for what I have done. The least I can do is to complete this and say my apologies. Please do remove this post of entry if necessary. If further punishment is needed, please do so. I'm truly sorry. Mistakes are all mine.

Edited by NilaR, 11 August 2015 - 01:35 AM.

#3 Artsy357

Artsy357

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 05:50 PM

http://www.kompasian...333112a608b5002

uhh....  :hmm: ?

#4 Darkressxx1

Darkressxx1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationProntera CH9
  • Server:Odin

Posted 10 August 2015 - 06:03 PM

Reserved~

#5 donchan

donchan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 09:55 PM

Do people not know how easy it is to do an reverse image search these days? It's 2015 for crying out loud lol

#6 Tekkie0210

Tekkie0210

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 02:12 AM

hope someone will cook http://ro2.doskoi.org/item/21000143 for entry <3 <3 <3

#7 Nihonbashi

Nihonbashi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • Server:Thor's dad

Posted 11 August 2015 - 02:15 AM

hope someone will cook http://ro2.doskoi.org/item/21000143 for entry <3 <3 <3

Only missing is the rat tail.

beondegi-300x265.jpg

#8 VModSalsa

VModSalsa

Hail Njoror

• WarpPortal VM
  • 83 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 04:47 AM

Thank you for sharing your entry with us Elyssa.

Don't worry too much about the placeholder image - entries aren't judged at all until the event closes. However, in the future, if you wish to use a placeholder image just say that it is a placeholder next to the image so that I know it's not the final version. The worst that would happen if an entry is submitted like that is being disqualified from the contest.

I hope to see more entries soon :p_laugh:

#9 Axtar

Axtar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 02:01 AM

Character name: Akelos (Odin)
Description: Instant Beef Broth Stew use_food_boiledpotatoescreamy_06.png

Much liberties taken rice-stew-porridge? *sheepish* I admit, I also don't really eat beef, so I substituted it for chicken. That being said, swapping 'beef' where 'chicken' is should work just fine. Also, 'instant'? PFFFFT.

iMvjzwM.jpg

Ingredients:

(note: a lot of these are approximates; I don't really keep exact measurements as I tend to cook by guesstimates.)

Chicken Stock (alternatively, you can just use bottled chicken stock, but I very gungho.)

Leftover chicken bones (about one chicken's worth)

2 carrots

2 stalks of celery

1 onion

4 cloves of garlic

3 stalks of coriander

3 spoons goji berries

pepper + salt + (5-spice-powder)*optional*

Stew (Porridge)

2 cups of rice

1 egg

parsley

1 section of ginger (half a thumb size)

(1/2 spoon of sesame oil) *optional*

Recipe (optional):

1. Dice all the vegetables in the Chicken Stock recipe into chunks.

2. Toss everything in the Chicken Stock recipe, bones and all, into a large cooking pot. Season with salt, pepper and 5-spice. Add sufficient water to fill the pot to the 3/4 mark. 

3. Boil at medium-low heat for 3-4 hours - you want the chicken essence to soak into the base. Go game/do your work/anything that keeps you near the stove. You'll want to keep an eye on the pot, so it doesn't completely evaporate. 

3.5. At some point, slice the ginger into thin strips.

4. Strain the soup-stock, and pour it back into the pot.

5. Add the rice, parsley, sesame oil and ginger and boil on medium heat. Stir the mixture occasionally until the rice has broken down, creating a thick stew-like texture (porridge). This usually takes about 40 mins to 1 hour, depending on the kind of stove you're using.

5.5. While the pot is boiling, beat an egg, and fry it, spreading it thinly over the bottom of pan. Remove, and slice into thin strips.

6. When porridge is done, garnish with parsley and egg strips.

7: PROFIT.

Further notes:

- If you aren't keen on the long-boil for chicken stock (because ain't nobody got time for that), using bottled chicken/beef stock is fine. Just jump to step 4, and mix the stock with boiling water to form your soup base.

- What I sometimes do is also salvage some vegetables from the stock base, such as the carrots, celery and goji berries, and toss them back into the mix.

Edited by Axtar, 17 August 2015 - 02:52 AM.

#10 Maokakao

Maokakao

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 03:10 AM

5yAI5vo.jpg

2ygFGle.jpg

Character name: Anikito (Odin)

Well, I like to cook a variety dishes of meat. But barbeque is the most favorite. This was 15 years of my parents' wedding when I first tried it. Since then, this dish makes my association with happiness and fun. Because every time when we are with friends or parents get together I cook barbeque. And it's like a little holiday inside my soul 'cause I can see dear to me.
I'm sorry for my bad english but I tried very hard.
Thank you.

Ingredients:
Meat
Onion
Solt
Pepper
Vinegar
Salad
Tomato

Recipe:
To cut the meat into pieces and put it in a deep bowl. Than cut an onion and add it to meat. Sprinkle it all with flavourings and add vinegar with water and leave for an hour or more. 
Then bake the meat on the grill. Serve with fresh vegetables (in my case it's salad, tomato and pepper).

Edited by Maokakao, 16 August 2015 - 03:29 AM.

#11 chechecheiq

chechecheiq

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 11:08 PM

Character name: UNECIEL (Odin)

Description: Drunk Dragon Roll http://ro2.doskoi.org/item/21000135

I chose this type of food because it is my favorite.  It is very nutritious and can be easily packed for a quick lunch or dinner. It has seafood, cucumber, egg, and rice that will surely provide energy for your adventures ahead! Also, I kind of miss Imoogi nowadays since we are not hunting him anymore.  :p_sad:  :p_laugh:  :heh:  This version of cooked Imoogi is drunk though, from drinking too much sake. The final dish itself is easy to prepare- but like other recipes in Ragnarok 2, it has prerequisites. In this case, the boiled rice, egg omelette and tempura prawns.  Serve it with wasabi and mayo sauce (go green!!) 

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cup sushi rice

2 Nori sheets

1 cucumber sliced

3 tsp rice wine

30 ml sushi wine vinegar (mirin, glucose, sake, water , vinegar)

1 pinch of black sesame seeds

For the tempura prawns:

3 prawns

3/4 cup tempura batter

1 cup oil for frying

1 cup

for the omellete:

1 egg

1 tsp oil

pinch of salt

for the sauce:

1 tbsp wasabi 

1 tbsp mayonaisse

Additional materials needed:

sushi rolling mat

plastic wrap (clingwrap)

Recipe :

First, make the tempura prawn. 

Clean the prawns and remove the shell and veins.Prepare the batter by mixing tempura batter and cold water. Now, dip the prawns in tempura flour, then in the batter. Deep fry for 10 seconds.

Second step is make an egg omelette. You know, scramble one egg and fry it. Voila!

Third step is the boiled rice.

Wash 1 cup of rice in water and drain. Put 1 cup water and bring to a boil. Make sure the the lid is closed. (No peeking!) After the rice is cooked, put the sushi rice wine vinegar and mix well. Slightly cool the rice by using a hand fan to prevent burned fingers!  :wah:  Set aside.

Fourth step is assembling the roll.

Slice the cucumbers and omelette into thin and long pieces.  

Now we are ready to use the sushi  rolling mat. First, moisten your hands with a mixture of mixed vinegar and water. (to prevent them from sticking in the special rice)  Make sure that the rolling mat is covered with plastic. 

Then, gently distributed the rice over the rolling mat and put the nori sheet on top. Assemble the prawn, egg and cucumber following the picture below:

33vgbhv.jpg

Now, roll! Gently shape it to round out any corners. Squeeze from the ends inward  to keep fillings from falling out. Not on the head part of the dragon though.  Lay the plastic over the roll and start slicing using a sharp knife that has been dipped in water.  Sprinkle black sesame seeds. Decorate the roll that it would resemble a drunk dragon. (I hope mine did!) 

Lastly, make the sauce. You can use any sauce you like, but I prefer mixing mayonnaise and wasabi together for a kick.  :p_love:

Enjoy!!  :heh:  *Im eating it at the moment.... Baii!!!*  :thx:

Edited by chechecheiq, 16 August 2015 - 11:12 PM.

#12 vicovico

vicovico

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 08:00 PM

Character name: AkibaRyo (Odin)

Description: sirloin_by_onikagi-d9654gz.png

Link: http://ro2.doskoi.org/item/21000121

Just a simple dish for lunch. 

Image:

1041511111_by_onikagi-d9653i6.png

(ignore the buttered eggbread :p_laugh: )

Recipe:

Sirloin tip roast
Oil
Hot water
Ketchup & Chilli Ketchup
Vinegar
Brown sugar
Salt

1.    Roast on all sides in hot oil, remove meat and set aside.
2.    Then add roast, salt, ketchup, hot water, vinegar and brown sugar.
3.    Next, bake roast at 330°f for 3 hours until it’s tender.
4.    Take roast out of oven and serve into the platter.
5.    Apply some chilli ketchup (optional) as finishing touch.

#13 VModSalsa

VModSalsa

Hail Njoror

• WarpPortal VM
  • 83 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 03:01 PM

I'm excited to see everybody's entries! They look very delicious so far  :rice:

#14 Varitas

Varitas

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1017 posts
  • Twitter:@CM_Varitas
  • LocationEVERYWHERE!

Posted 18 August 2015 - 03:27 PM

:sob:  I'm so hungry now.  I want to eat all the things!  :rice:

#15 2084130901011141700

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 07:38 AM

00oLR4o.jpg?1
Character name: Sekiey (Odin)

Why did I decide to cook the cake? Because I like it! I've changed the recipe a little for more similarities with jellopy cake.

Ingredients:

for biscuit-
flour
eggs
sugar

whipped cream
jam
cream

Recipe (optional):
Separate the whites from the yolks. Beat the whites into a thick foam. Add sugar to yolks and whisk then add the whites and gently pour the flour. All mix thoroughly. Put in the oven for 30 minutes.
Ready cake cool and cut into cakes. Soak the cakes with the jam. Whisk the cream with sugar and decorate a cake with it. 

#16 Lokyos

Lokyos

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 09:06 AM

Character name: Skyogul

Description:use_food_oystersauceeel_08.pngBarbequed Burning Pig Tail

link: http://ro2.doskoi.org/item/21000046
Images: 3fIPmnldXiM.jpgcbJW5GAca1Q.jpglbLsDUiiWbQ.jpgOD6mDyJBa3Q.jpg

Ingredients:

1-1,300 kg part of the pig on the bone
2 tsp of honey
2 tsp of soy sauce
salt and pepper to taste

Recipe (optional):

First make the marinade. Melt the honey and add the herbs (spices). the soy sauce. Marinade the meat for two hours. Wait time. Then preheat oven to 190-200C. Put the meat in the oven on a tray ( for better cooking better wrapped in a special bag for baking). After 1-1:50 hours - it will be done. if not - left it for more time.

Bon appetit

For me it's better to eat it with noodle ; )

#17 VModSalsa

VModSalsa

Hail Njoror

• WarpPortal VM
  • 83 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 03:37 PM

If you tried submitting an entry and found the topic locked, I apologize!

I'll be accepting entries through Midnight server time.

#18 Artsy357

Artsy357

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 05:14 PM

Character name: FabulousFawn
Description:use_food_seasoned_02.pngInstant Pollen Delicacy

http://ro2.doskoi.org/item/21000080

I don't know if this(^) is supposed to be a donut, a danish, or a cake, but I have a deep love for all sweets! My mother often makes baked goods, so I had her help me with this. For this dish we decided a cake would be the easiest, as we already had most of the ingredients on hand. We went with a simple pineapple upside-down cake to mimic the coloring and honey-ed, glazed look.

We melted butter in the baking pan in the oven, and then sprinkled brown sugar over the butter making an even layer. Using canned crushed pineapple, we first drained the pineapple (saving the juice to add to the cake mix later). Then we sprinkled the pineapple over the brown sugar/butter layer.

Mixing the cake mix in a seperate bowl, we followed the box directions, adding water to the pineapple juice to get the designated amount of liquid for the cake mix to increase the flavor. Once the mix was combined, we poured it over the pineapple layer and baked the cake following the boxed directions. After about 10-15 minutes cooling, you can flip the cake out of the pan. I cut a circular piece of cake to look like the image.

aL6s98il.jpg

Ingredients:

Spoiler

Recipe (optional):

Spoiler

Edited by Artsy357, 31 August 2015 - 05:18 PM.

#19 FluffyTigress

FluffyTigress

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 07:42 AM

Not sure if this will still gets accepted, but here I go~

Character name: FluffyTigress
Description: To declare my love for Porings, I've decided to make Jellopy Cake use_food_cake_02.png
For the base cake, I used my favorite chiffon cheesecake recipe. It's so smooth, creamy and fluffy!
In the middle there's Apricot Jelly which compliments the chiffon by giving a sweet-tart taste.
Topped with whipped cream, strawberries and powdered sugar! Yum!  :p_laugh:

iZ3O8GD.jpg?1

Jellopy Cake

Ingredients:

125 ml milk
125 gr cream cheese, at room temperature
30 gr butter, at room temperature
3 egg yolks
30 gr cake flour
10 gr maizena / corn flour
zest of 1 lemon
3 egg whites
60 gr caster sugar

Apricot jelly (or your preferred jam)
Whipped cream
Strawberries (or your preferred fruits)
Powdered sugar

Method:

Spoiler

Edited by FluffyTigress, 01 September 2015 - 07:43 AM.

#20 CarnivorousBunny

CarnivorousBunny

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 08:18 AM

Character name: BouncyBear

Description: 

use_food_pudding_02.png Poporing's Jellopy Pudding

At first glance the green appearance might scare you, but once you try this pudding you'll love it! Made from Agar (algae) this food is rich in fibre. To top it all, the green colour is completely natural - made from Suji leaves and Pandan leaves. These leaves are common ingredients in Southeast Asian cooking, used to add distinct aroma and colour.

Z8yx4KP.jpg

Ingredients:

Spoiler

Recipe:

Spoiler

#21 VModSalsa

VModSalsa

Hail Njoror

• WarpPortal VM
  • 83 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 02:04 PM

Hi all!

Apologies for the late start on the judging. I'm checking all entries tonight and putting them in a voting form so the WP staff can go through them easily, and hopefully we'll have the results in a couple of weeks. Until then, sit tight!

I will be accepting the late entries, but in the future please try to meet the deadlines to be fair to others who entered on time. Thanks!

#22 VModSalsa

VModSalsa

Hail Njoror

• WarpPortal VM
  • 83 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 02:03 PM

Winners

:p_laugh:

~ Presentation ~

FluffyTigress

Anikito

Elyssa

~ Description ~

FluffyTigress

FabulousFawn

BouncyBear

Congratulations to the winners! Your names have been passed on to Njoror, who is sending the prizes out. Thank you to everyone who participated - all the entries look delicious! All of those who voted on entries said that it made them hungry.

#23 VModSalsa

VModSalsa

Hail Njoror

• WarpPortal VM
  • 83 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 03:12 PM

I'm happy to announce that, in addition to the winners receiving their prizes, I've put all of the recipes into a PDF file for everybody to download & enjoy. You can get it here - please let me know if you have any problems accessing or downloading it.

:p_laugh:

Happy Cooking!

#24 Varitas

Varitas

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1017 posts
  • Twitter:@CM_Varitas
  • LocationEVERYWHERE!

Posted 17 September 2015 - 03:44 PM

Yummy!