#1 reqt

reqt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:GAY

Posted 01 August 2015 - 08:17 AM

So I've read on forums that elements were not supposed to play a key role in pvp and it was intended for pve. Now before another big hoo haa like the ragged ghost. may I know if there is any intention to remove element effects in pvp? Since elements not intended for pvp (sockets not intended for im costume) sounds like a similar situation that something not intended has occurred. Is it worth it to put so much effort to get a 6* instead of selling those basics just to have elements become obsolete and removed from pvp in the future?

#2 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts
  • LocationWarpPortal forums
  • Server:What is server?

Posted 01 August 2015 - 08:48 AM

if we remove elemental damage in pvp then why do we use resistance? So i guess removing elemental effect in pvp is not gonna happen.

How about lowering elemental effect? Possibly. We just need to balance it again.

#3 Laburey21

Laburey21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 409 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 August 2015 - 09:15 AM

The whole elements system was left unfinished by the developers. Something should be done about it after developer takeover is complete, and maybe one day it can be made into what it was once meant to be. But it'll be a lot of work, so I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.  :Emo_23:

;)

Edited by Laburey21, 01 August 2015 - 09:17 AM.

#4 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 09:23 AM

pvp with lv2x equipments rise lol

#5 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 01 August 2015 - 12:32 PM

if we remove elemental damage in pvp then why do we use resistance? So i guess removing elemental effect in pvp is not gonna happen.
How about lowering elemental effect? Possibly. We just need to balance it again.

Resistance was meant for lowering damage taken from elements. There were supposed to be monsters and bosses that dealt damage as element damage instead of normal. Elements was supposed to be a PvE thing with minimal to no impact in pvp,because balance reason(just like soulcraft expanders)

#6 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 01:23 PM

To StormHaven : Oh yes, I really forgot the elemental mobs. However it's not very significant to use that much resistance because "we" have been using the necklace well.

#7 reqt

reqt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 03:07 PM

So is it worth it to get elements for pvp purpose? And are there any plans by the producers to remove elements from pvp? We all know how hard it is to get 6* and I dun wanna spend 200+ hours of effort for something thats gonna devalue to 10k/ele atk 6* (I can easily farm 10k in less than 50 hours)

#8 ManItsMike

ManItsMike

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 806 posts
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 01 August 2015 - 03:22 PM

If they fix that, I might actually give pvp a try. It would be nice to see a system that's not just an arms race to stack elemental damage and resist.

#9 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 01 August 2015 - 03:41 PM

If they fix that, I might actually give pvp a try. It would be nice to see a system that's not just an arms race to stack elemental damage and resist.

Even if fixed, it'll still be a sort of arms race. Just to +20 the big setup for whatever level range.

Even without elements; I suspect the current "tier listing" of classes to remain the same.

#10 ManItsMike

ManItsMike

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 806 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 05:07 PM

Even if fixed, it'll still be a sort of arms race. Just to +20 the big setup for whatever level range.

Even without elements; I suspect the current "tier listing" of classes to remain the same.

That may be, but most players who are farming Elements for pvp already have +20 equips, and they're much more accessible than the 6* cards :P
It would also give F6 rings some of their value and merit back, and make matches last longer than one catch, well.. locks aside.

#11 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 01 August 2015 - 07:02 PM

Not really so much, remember prior to elements just having +20 weapon/back put you on the same playing field has full +20 barneys.

#12 ManItsMike

ManItsMike

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 806 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 07:33 PM

Not really so much, remember prior to elements just having +20 weapon/back put you on the same playing field has full +20 barneys.

I never played on this server before elements, and prior to coming here, I played casually in IAH. With my little bit of experience pvping without elements in this server, defense always seemed more important than offense.

With a +20 Secmathian set, and +20 Paris wings, I could pretty much afk while my friend (dragoon, +20 zau) wailed on me and practiced her combos for 2 minutes.

#13 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 01 August 2015 - 08:57 PM

Ahh I missed that word to refer to legend grade.

Yea the gap between moderately and extremely stacked wouldn't be so wide. Hell, if elements were PvP restricted I'd make a +20 PoS Hero Weapon in order to pierce the full +20 barney defense of Hero PoS. But I would see the +20 Hero Paris/Zau common strat return.

Only real thing players would probably complain about is the sockets. But really with the element gap removed they won't be a major difference. Especially w/ capped CR/CD, removed X-spam damage from element restrictions and pointlessness of evade/aim now-a-days. The only sockets that'd be remotely bad are HLT/%Max HP.

My only concern if element damage gets restricted would be Physical Damage Drop. Although very few people have access to the absolute max PDD.

#14 ManItsMike

ManItsMike

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 806 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 09:27 PM

Since we're on the topic of elements, (and how appropriately, because I started farming the other day, after getting tired of looking at those stacks of spirits sitting in my vault) how much of an effect would 6* sockets actually have in PVE? It doesn't seem like it would add up enough to justify farming them (probably still gonna do it anyways, I'll need something to keep me occupied on my holidays!)

#15 reqt

reqt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 12:49 AM

^ if u wanna test 6* atk x1 on your hero pos shout for me in trade later. But 1 ele atk needs 11 resist. Elga weap + only 1 atk card which is 6* gives abt 1.2k ele atk which means u need 12k resist (pos resist + 1 × single ele 6* resist =8k resist only)

#16 ManItsMike

ManItsMike

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 806 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 01:46 AM

^ if u wanna test 6* atk x1 on your hero pos shout for me in trade later. But 1 ele atk needs 11 resist. Elga weap + only 1 atk card which is 6* gives abt 1.2k ele atk which means u need 12k resist (pos resist + 1 × single ele 6* resist =8k resist only)

Appreciate that, but I'm more or less concerned about the effect it will have on Elga himself over the course of the fight. -120% nature on his third phase, I'm assuming that it would add 1 + (1×120%) = 2.2 nature damage for every point to of nature attack you have per hit? Does anyone have the exact formula of it?

#17 reqt

reqt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 01:59 AM

Not sure but ele dmg has negligible effect on pve compared to pvp as of now.

Also stormhaven/popcorn or whoever it may concern, is it possible to make purification stones for basics elements? Would be nice to stack and keep them

#18 reqt

reqt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 02:08 AM

Oh ya and my qn: is the team having plans to fix/ intend to fix (nerf) elements in pvp when handing over is completely done?

#19 Homurasan

Homurasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1116 posts
  • Server:You can guess.

Posted 02 August 2015 - 03:19 AM

Appreciate that, but I'm more or less concerned about the effect it will have on Elga himself over the course of the fight. -120% nature on his third phase, I'm assuming that it would add 1 + (1×120%) = 2.2 nature damage for every point to of nature attack you have per hit? Does anyone have the exact formula of it?

I thought it would be more like a 20% weakness. As for the "formula", it can't be anything complicated since it was done in a rush, when the devs were trying to implement things that looked like fun without caring much about any impact it may have on their game other than the number of players putting money into it, and thus the number of publishers willing to buy the license.

So, I guess you're right.

Edited by Homurasan, 02 August 2015 - 03:22 AM.

#20 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 12:33 PM

I don`t think element damage should be completely removed from pvp, without it killing full geared people is too hard with the current amounts of defense. I would like to see 2 things.

1. Buff the rate of acquiring 6* cards, making them accessible for more players. Right now they are next to impossible to get. Alternatively being able to combine cards to 6* would do the trick. 

2. Buff to element resistance, making fights last longer and be more fun.

This being said no element system would be better then the way its now in its current form.

#21 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:None

Posted 02 August 2015 - 01:27 PM

Well you see what you said is sorta weird. Elements are essential to kill faster but then again resists counter elemental attack. Where have we seen this before? yes normal attack and defense.  Having said that make resists easier to get along with attack will just be like armor and regular attack. to simplify this, If we remove elements completely from the game and mix and match normal attack and defense equations or whatever they can do to help normalize this system, there should be absolutely no problem (that I can think of) without having elements in the first place. (Except pve) and we know damn well that most of the people in this game use elements to pvp.

Back when zahaurant weapon was the top weapon, I felt that it was really fun. No one died instantly and no one died past 10 minutes. Maybe with the exception of invokers or warmages healing themselves more damage than they can take. But the critical damage uncapped made this possible to actually delete someone faster and ninjas flourish with that 1000% critical damage/Overlords at 500% chunking like they are supposed to/Sentinals actually being a dps class that has more options than shootdown and a lock(Elements dont apply to many skills)/Warmages wont be left out from the elements only affecting missles/Palladins actually doing some damage/Savages that are really threatening with critical damage and so on.

A crazy example would be a twin with around 3000 element attack whacking me for 3300 damage and when he crits it jumps all the way to 3600 damage.

Wow so much damage with 300% critical damage!!! yeah no.

But then again pvp is based on how many hits you can chain together with/ or without locking depending on the circumstances and basically classes that have more hits per skill that chain together are superior to the ones that do not.

Then again when I do whack someone with a pos+20 weapon against a person with a +20 pos armor set, its quite sad to see me doing peanut damage and take a long time to kill. So I do see why elements might help. But then again if you change how the armor and attack works for normal equips it might be better  :ok:

Edited by Agitodesu, 02 August 2015 - 01:44 PM.

#22 reqt

reqt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 04:11 PM

Oh ya and my qn: is the team having plans to fix/ intend to fix (nerf) elements in pvp when handing over is completely done?

Waits patiently for a reply

#23 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 04:40 PM

Agree with Precrush

#24 Elijazz

Elijazz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 04:40 PM

Waits patiently for a reply.

If you are still waiting for their reply then goodluck to you. The answer to your question is Yes and no.

Elements play a major part in pvp which almost everyone enjoyed. Some players spent their weeks just to farm those 6* attacks and resists. Some players are against with the element because they like the old dragonica setup wherein its all about the defense/atk/crit dameage/ etc  which knights/paladins dominates the game Some of them are lazy to farm and contented on the +20 sets with no elements (pve type).

Yes- there is a possibility that they can nerf the elements but still you can take advantage of element.

No- I don't think that they have plans in removing the elements because like what I've said it plays a major part in pvp and what will be the purpose of those element dungeons that was developed.

IMHO.

#25 reqt

reqt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 04:54 PM

thats not for one without authority to decide lol. they'll just end up using ' There will be no further change to this decision' to make a clear decision once again. Which may or may not be a happy ending.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users