pre-2012 priest build: can it be salvaged? - Acolyte Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

pre-2012 priest build: can it be salvaged?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Jadriam

Jadriam

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 August 2015 - 02:51 PM

So hello again iRO! I used to play a lot with my friends on Valkyrie, and now everything is slightly different. Server merger, skill reblances, even more levels to be obtained.

The problem is I'm kinda being forced to adapt to this new setup. Since I was gone for a while, and even my stat build is an old relic of pre-renewal circa late 2012 or so, I don't really know what to do anymore as an AB. I'm not too wealthy anymore [approx. 2m or so on my wealthiest character], I don't have the guild support I used to, and I uh... have an extremely outdated Magnus Exorcismus focused build from ages ago. I really don't have too many ideas how to proceed, since I am too overgeneralized skillwise ot make real progress, and I lack the strength to be an effective party support AB.

So far, my only options are kind of ...

• wait until there's a hypnotist/mesmerist where I can reset everything after 99 [do they still do those?]
  • spend some reality-cash and get the neuralizers and reset stones to do it manually, or:
  • ...kinda put my main on hiatus until I can salvage em somehow or get a lot more cash..

ioLhnln.jpg

Any advice on salvaging my very long- traveled exorcist or am I kinda stuck being subpar until I can reset? I liked being able to do AoE yet having heals and recovery and buffs. I don't do any mvp/woe/anything anymore... mostly full PvM wandering around and helping who i can how I can. I guess.

I dunno if it's appropriate for this section, but general advice on an alternative class to play would be useful. I really only have the AB, a bow rogue, and a blacksmith - but that's for a different thread I guess.

[Just let me know where to make a general nonspecific class thread, and I'll put more of my questions/info there.]

#2 4853121207141913140

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 895 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 01 August 2015 - 03:45 PM

There is a Mesmerist npc currently on eden 1f (upper left area).

4th of July quest is also available.
if lucky you can get a lot of money from Autumn Headband, or get the useful Shrine Maiden Hat.

Stat distribution is ok. HP increase potions help if you feel squishy.

(on skills, Praef1 and Colueso Heal2 is enough for TI parties, Canto Candidus2, Ancilla1, and Offertorium1 are great if

there are spare skillpoints.)

Currently all Mid TI monsters are Me-able.

The ME guide above is still good for reference. It revolves around increasing Damage (Shrine Maiden Hat[1]) and

reducing cast time(Spell Enchant) from Gears, which may be costly.

Heroic Backpack and Fallen Angel Wings are great cash shop gears for PvM.

Edited by 4853121207141913140, 01 August 2015 - 04:34 PM.

#3 Jadriam

Jadriam

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 01 August 2015 - 04:45 PM

Does the current mesmerist reset everything or just skills?

....oops, I forgot one major question. what build should I work on if I manage to reboot this priest?
Do I have to go FS? I liked ME a lot, but if there are no other reasonable options i'll do what I gotta do I guess. The guides mention Adoramus as a possibility: at this point, I've been an FS for so long and an ME priest for so long I'm .....tempted to try it just to see what it does. I also admit I'm not rich enough for most of the eccentric builds and barely have any remaining gear from my previous 'retirement', so I'm willing to admit I don't know what works for a wandering exorcist who wants to keep up with the changin' times.

Maybe I should look into other caster classes. I dunno. I've been a priest since about '09. I don't really knwo what else to do since I really just PvM nowadays.

#4 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 01 August 2015 - 05:13 PM

So hello again iRO! I used to play a lot with my friends on Valkyrie, and now everything is slightly different. Server merger, skill reblances, even more levels to be obtained.

The problem is I'm kinda being forced to adapt to this new setup. Since I was gone for a while, and even my stat build is an old relic of pre-renewal circa late 2012 or so, I don't really know what to do anymore as an AB. I'm not too wealthy anymore [approx. 2m or so on my wealthiest character], I don't have the guild support I used to, and I uh... have an extremely outdated Magnus Exorcismus focused build from ages ago. I really don't have too many ideas how to proceed, since I am too overgeneralized skillwise ot make real progress, and I lack the strength to be an effective party support AB.

So far, my only options are kind of ...

• wait until there's a hypnotist/mesmerist where I can reset everything after 99 [do they still do those?]
  • spend some reality-cash and get the neuralizers and reset stones to do it manually, or:
  • ...kinda put my main on hiatus until I can salvage em somehow or get a lot more cash..

ioLhnln.jpg

Any advice on salvaging my very long- traveled exorcist or am I kinda stuck being subpar until I can reset? I liked being able to do AoE yet having heals and recovery and buffs. I don't do any mvp/woe/anything anymore... mostly full PvM wandering around and helping who i can how I can. I guess.

I dunno if it's appropriate for this section, but general advice on an alternative class to play would be useful. I really only have the AB, a bow rogue, and a blacksmith - but that's for a different thread I guess.

[Just let me know where to make a general nonspecific class thread, and I'll put more of my questions/info there.]

There is nothing wrong with what you have. Just join a TI a heal & buff people :wave:

#5 Jadriam

Jadriam

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 01 August 2015 - 06:10 PM

I'm glad he's still okay. i do have a few skill issues ot work out such as KE, Assumptio, Safety Wall and the like. I checked two different builds on the forums and apparently I have... a lot of thigns I don't need [suffragium is no longer a thing it seems?]

I think i'll doublecheck popular builds and if everything works out I guess I'll just work on leveling as best I can. And hey, if you notice me wandering around, I'm always willing ot at least toss a few healbuffs your way. I will -always- love supporting and stuff. :ho:

#6 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 10:07 PM

If you're paying for VIP, I would make a couple other characters and level them. To me that seems like the best use of VIP, especially if you factor in things like TI cooldown timers. Lots of gears are share-able these days.

I wouldn't worry too much about the skills. It seems like you're on the right track anyway. Beyond the main things it's just fine-tuning, and since your skills seem to be not too bad, I'd recommend going out there and supporting / soloing, and that's one of the best ways to learn what's good and what's not. It sounds like you're already reading guides too. For guides, just try to find out when it was last updated and for older ones, always take it with a grain of salt. I especially wouldn't reset for now since your AB is your highest character and is able to kill some things with ME. When you have another character that can kill better than your AB you could consider FS builds.

I would try to plan out how to gain some money / have a reliable source of income for now. One thing you could do is greed in TI maps or other popular maps with your Blacksmith and sell the stuff for zeny.

#7 Jadriam

Jadriam

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 01 August 2015 - 11:35 PM

If you're paying for VIP, I would make a couple other characters and level them. To me that seems like the best use of VIP, especially if you factor in things like TI cooldown timers. Lots of gears are share-able these days.

I wouldn't worry too much about the skills. It seems like you're on the right track anyway. Beyond the main things it's just fine-tuning, and since your skills seem to be not too bad, I'd recommend going out there and supporting / soloing, and that's one of the best ways to learn what's good and what's not. It sounds like you're already reading guides too. For guides, just try to find out when it was last updated and for older ones, always take it with a grain of salt. I especially wouldn't reset for now since your AB is your highest character and is able to kill some things with ME. When you have another character that can kill better than your AB you could consider FS builds.

I would try to plan out how to gain some money / have a reliable source of income for now. One thing you could do is greed in TI maps or other popular maps with your Blacksmith and sell the stuff for zeny.

Regrettably I don't have VIP anymore [it's been quite a while since i bought that chick hat and fancy stuff!]

I like your ideas though, and from what I can tell ME leveling isn't awful or anything, I just see a lot of the turn-in maps filled with players doing 20k damage to entire groups in teh time it takes me to cast once and such. I tried Glast Heim a bit solo, and ....it went about the same [although I do have an orleans on, making my experience with ME slightly atypical.]

I have some old items I could sell for sure, but I'm terrible at venging - I'll take those queries to another thread though. Thanks for the tips - I'll stay the course for a bit and build up cash on my 'smith first, see if that helps any.

#8 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora

Posted 02 August 2015 - 07:29 AM

if you reset, i suggest 120 dex with temporal dex boots. it reduces your fixed cast time by 0.5 seconds, which helps with both ME cast time and party buff cast time. i support on my ME priest and i still do pretty decent

#9 behemothjr

behemothjr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 433 posts
  • Locationottawa canada

Posted 03 August 2015 - 06:49 AM

Any build can be salvaged.  Same build and gear in both videos.

Questing geffen/juno boards is now super easy.  Do complete boards and save until you have enough reset stones.   if you already used up your free reset

or

I call it medical nin  but hybrid also works

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users