Is Warlock the worst class in renewal? - Page 2 - Mage Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Is Warlock the worst class in renewal?

• Please log in to reply
429 replies to this topic

#26 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 August 2015 - 04:48 PM

expanded classes are.

#27 davdbg

davdbg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 691 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:chaos and classic(?)

Posted 02 August 2015 - 04:52 PM

worst class (objectively speaking) is probably super novice, followed by a wanderer

I don't think SN can be taken as the worst since they are just for the fun/challenge... but yes, Wanderer and expended classes...

#28 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach

Posted 02 August 2015 - 04:54 PM

Warlocks are fun

When stacked with 4145 4441 4365 4403 4456 4457

[item]4441[/item]

Edited by IronFist, 02 August 2015 - 04:59 PM.

#29 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 04:55 PM

Wanderers have so much they can do though ;-;

#30 Mulder1

Mulder1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1610 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 04:58 PM

No, they are not.

Warlock is actually quite complex in some cases but fun to play... the fact that on paper is suppose to be one of the weakest classes makes it more fun to play with >_<

#31 6773131031232342973

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1484 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Violet
  • Server:Best ragnarok

Posted 02 August 2015 - 05:02 PM

No, they are not.

Warlock is actually quite complex in some cases but fun to play... the fact that on paper is suppose to be one of the weakest classes makes it more fun to play with >_<

your warlock sucks

#32 xLoli

xLoli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1143 posts
  • LocationVirginia, U.S.
  • Server:Valkyrie > Chaos

Posted 02 August 2015 - 05:12 PM

Wanderers have so much they can do though ;-;

I adore Wanderers, don't get me wrong. I mained one for over a year and a half-ish. I've seen some really neat builds and I think they can do more than a lot of people give them credit for, especially if others take the time to learn their skills, but... PvE, PvM, PvP, anything else with a vP there are better classes for. Even those who say they should be purely a support role, they kinda fail there in comparison to Sorcs who can be killers/support/sp slaves. Really sucks but yeah. Bow of Storms will be a big improvement, the Thana whip is for sound tree skill builds, and if they'd ever fix the community hats that are broken, it would be really great for SR builds...

#33 Mulder1

Mulder1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1610 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 05:13 PM

your warlock sucks

Not really >_<

#34 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach

Posted 02 August 2015 - 05:14 PM

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Enchantment

Its not hard to notice that ranged is superior.

Spell 7 matk +24
Fighting Spirit atk +30

Compared to 

Expert Archer Ranged Damage +12%

When i left RO 5 years ago, the only enchantments were +stats on basic armour's.
But i knew as soon as the kRO community got its hands on the possibilities the most popular classes would far outweigh all others.
Warlock's are not to be played by the faint hearted, they have to be one of the hardest classes to master. 
Have you ever mvp'd with firewall so it takes all 36 hits or traped mobs in icewall. The worst classes in renewal are classes that were hard to play to start with.

#35 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 05:17 PM

I adore Wanderers, don't get me wrong. I mained one for over a year and a half-ish. I've seen some really neat builds and I think they can do more than a lot of people give them credit for, especially if others take the time to learn their skills, but... PvE, PvM, PvP, anything else with a vP there are better classes for. Even those who say they should be purely a support role, they kinda fail there in comparison to Sorcs who can be killers/support/sp slaves. Really sucks but yeah. Bow of Storms will be a big improvement, the Thana whip is for sound tree skill builds, and if they'd ever fix the community hats that are broken, it would be really great for SR builds...

Fix community hats? would be great...

im still waiting for this fixes and.... Camouflage bug fix,Flip tatami bug fix,Cast Ninja spell Wind bug fix (deep sleep would be fun),and a lot more...

i have no Faith that community hats will be fixed -_-,and even if they fix it... well,whatever... im almost 175 and bio 5 headgears will be better for SR

#36 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 02 August 2015 - 05:35 PM

Play whatever class you like. After all, I've never said RG class itself sucks but the gears that come out makes it suck (in term of killing)

Try to play WL and see if this class sucks or not.

I personally think it sucks though lol. I barely have a hard time dealing with a WL in WoE. The most they can do is lock me in the white prison and then escape.

#37 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 02 August 2015 - 05:59 PM

you all sucks

#38 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 06:07 PM

Play whatever class you like. After all, I've never said RG class itself sucks but the gears that come out makes it suck (in term of killing)

I personally think it sucks though lol. I barely have a hard time dealing with a WL in WoE. The most they can do is lock me in the white prison and then escape.

WL used to be a really really good class but nowadays they are just meh.

When i used to play bRO,my friend used to be a monster with his WL... He taught me how to avoid PW,Diamond Dust,Warg Strike,and other skills just using ICE WALL.

but nowadays WL HP is too low for all this burst damage comming from rangers,suras(Always),RK,SC,RG's,Gene.

WL is the kind of class that is better for PVP than WoE (same as kagerou,ranger,Gene),i mean... What a WL can do in woe scenario? They just spam comet comet comet comet and if u compare,what a WL can do in a pvp scenario?

As far as i know a PVP WL can drain the entire screen SP (maybe just 1~10 players know how to do it),Disable a lot of skills,hitlock targets using wizard skills and a lot of more things !

Thats why u will never see a good WL playing WoE (probably not in pvp too since the good WL's left the game),woe is just spam of skills with restrictions.

********* Yes,ranger is bad for woe in my opinion,every low hp class is (if they lost Sac,bye bye)

Sorry for the big reply

#39 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 02 August 2015 - 06:07 PM

lol yes, sorc is better at both supporting and killing, than wanderers xP

#40 BigFootCounty

BigFootCounty

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 06:15 PM

With the right gear, WL can do some crazy damage. 

#41 6773131031232342973

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1484 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Violet
  • Server:Best ragnarok

Posted 02 August 2015 - 06:50 PM

i claim fenrir as my waifu 

#42 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 07:03 PM

On the right server, WL can do some crazy damage. 

Fixed for you.

#43 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 02 August 2015 - 07:11 PM

^ the server that vid is from has some really hax gears...

#44 BigFootCounty

BigFootCounty

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 07:57 PM

Fixed for you.

It's official server. 

And this is the card he uses. If it's in iRO wiki then it's not some customized-overpowered-JRO-style equip.

http://db.irowiki.or...item-info/4576/

#45 BigFootCounty

BigFootCounty

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 08:03 PM

^ the server that vid is from has some really hax gears...

I played TWRO for a long time before I came to iRO. I can name a few "hax" gears that iRO doesn't have, but it's not as severe as JRO.

#46 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 02 August 2015 - 08:10 PM

Its also an MVP card from the guild dungeon

#47 BigFootCounty

BigFootCounty

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 09:02 PM

Its also an MVP card from the guild dungeon

So it's obtainable. It isn't as rare as the MVP Fenrir card. As far as I know there is only 1 Fenrir card in the server I played.

#48 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 09:31 PM

Still though, Ferir is way more accessible than an MvP from a GD.

On topic, Warlock isn't a bad class. Bad players make them look underwhelming.

Warlock just takes more effort to be "good" than other classes.

Edited by Myzery, 03 August 2015 - 03:53 AM.

#49 jsquishy

jsquishy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 August 2015 - 10:09 PM

warlock is cool. you can blind other players (irl) with your skills. Plus, we're the only class with pervy hands.

#50 Mulder1

Mulder1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1610 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 10:19 PM

But you used to die to TV (1 shot) every time I saw u walking around in WoE... until you asked someone to lend u a GTB that is >_<.

I do believe every class has their pros and cons, it's just how you can make the best of it that it counts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users