Is Warlock the worst class in renewal? - Page 3 - Mage Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Is Warlock the worst class in renewal?

• Please log in to reply
429 replies to this topic

#51 Mulder1

Mulder1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1610 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 10:28 PM

WL used to be a really really good class but nowadays they are just meh.

When i used to play bRO,my friend used to be a monster with his WL... He taught me how to avoid PW,Diamond Dust,Warg Strike,and other skills just using ICE WALL.

but nowadays WL HP is too low for all this burst damage comming from rangers,suras(Always),RK,SC,RG's,Gene.

WL is the kind of class that is better for PVP than WoE (same as kagerou,ranger,Gene),i mean... What a WL can do in woe scenario? They just spam comet comet comet comet and if u compare,what a WL can do in a pvp scenario?

As far as i know a PVP WL can drain the entire screen SP (maybe just 1~10 players know how to do it),Disable a lot of skills,hitlock targets using wizard skills and a lot of more things !

Thats why u will never see a good WL playing WoE (probably not in pvp too since the good WL's left the game),woe is just spam of skills with restrictions.

********* Yes,ranger is bad for woe in my opinion,every low hp class is (if they lost Sac,bye bye)

Sorry for the big reply

I do believe Warlocks are more suited on WoE rather than PvP since there's more room for teamwork.

They can do CL spam for ~35k-40k per hit (WoE Set) and ~55k-60k per hit (non WoE Set).... with the right set/gears that is.

Also, Telekinesis + SE can deal around ~35k-45k per hit (2 hits at once) (WoE Set) and ~65k-70k per hit (2 hit at once) (non WoE Set) plus it's a 5x5 Area of Damage spell.... again, with the right gears.

As I mentioned before, it has its pros and cons so it's up to if you enjoy playing the class or not.

#52 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 02 August 2015 - 10:42 PM

But you used to die to TV (1 shot) every time I saw u walking around in WoE... until you asked someone to lend u a GTB that is >_<.

I do believe every class has their pros and cons, it's just how you can make the best of it that it counts.

That is probably back in Final Uprising when I was actually using eden gears (however currently I use +14 enchanted eden gears). Otherwise, Lex or Weakness Masq.

With Tao now, I dont need WoE set or gtb to tank most WL's skills. Leave alone Ygg seeds/WoE whites.

Even the rich who can afford big supplies wins, even in game. The world is so cruel  :rice:

#53 5416131108035252313

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 11:04 PM

^

Especially with the amount of duped Tao and RMT in this server  :p_smile:

#54 3452140212150117003

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 811 posts
  • Locationwest prontera
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:dedservRO

Posted 02 August 2015 - 11:53 PM

^ and that explain why he was frozen in the other day.. It is kinda weird seeing people froze in woe :v
seriously dude, you are running around with tao, megs, hammer. Give them to sura instead and go kill the whole guild :s

#55 belenoi

belenoi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1055 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 01:52 AM

WL aren't bad, they have their use. It just feels like they were nerfed for no reason. They could at least have better Mora gears.

#56 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 03 August 2015 - 02:08 AM

WL mora gears are the best elemental resistance gear you can get for 'free'

#57 indigensDeo

indigensDeo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts
  • Server:slightly Ok THOR

Posted 03 August 2015 - 02:38 AM

I'm a WL fan since wizards, Even though they got nerfed with fixed casts, matk rebalance etc.

I enjoy seeing big numbers using magic and a bit of technique like disables in PVP or teaming-up with WOE,

and They could kill common mvps alone

#58 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 03:56 AM

WoE set was probably the biggest nerf to Warlocks.

Hate on him all you want, but Haseo actually does kill a lot of people.

Warlocks offer burst and stasis which can be game changers.

Edited by Myzery, 03 August 2015 - 03:57 AM.

#59 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 03 August 2015 - 04:47 AM

woe set is the biggest nerf for most dmg in woe except the hp missing from goh

#60 TempAndTea

TempAndTea

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationAl De Baran
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 03 August 2015 - 07:18 AM

This isn't related to the topic, but how is he a marduk/banshee in his woe vids?  

#61 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 07:20 AM

This isn't related to the topic, but how is he a marduk/banshee in his woe vids?  

Transformation scrolls. They give various buffs while active.

#62 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 03 August 2015 - 07:49 AM

marduk/banshee gives 25matk

#63 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 03 August 2015 - 07:52 AM

Its not a big deal to get frozen. I always see a bunch of people getting frozen here and there from every guild. Thats why you have ABs to support you. I dont know about ABs in your guild though. You dont need to play Sura to kill. Its such a waste to see a good class like RG to become a 24/7 sacrifice slave when in fact this class is a killer lol

Just like Haseo said, its about each player to bring the potential power from each class. WL is juat generally harder to play. Thats it. After all, its about personal skills and gears dont matter. Veterans kept telling me this 2-3 years ago when I started WoEing with eden gears. Now I understand them well. Gears never matter ^_^

Edited by ChakriGuard, 03 August 2015 - 08:11 AM.

#64 TheronMoscow

TheronMoscow

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 10:11 AM

I love the wizard class ever since I played it 11 years ago. a few years back I came back to RO and I noticed the cast time was incredibly long on the wiz. when I entered mid TI, I realized Warlocks were just baggage for the party as we have slow cast times(reading spellbook takes 2s) and our damage is -_- on monsters that are shadow, unless you use comet but that eats up over 400sp for me each time and costs 2 red gems. and the higher level monsters and most MVPs have absurd amounts of mdef. which reduces your damage to 30-50%?  I'm the proud owner of a +11 Empowered Crimson Staff with spell 1,4. (a friend and I spent over 10k mora coins that we collected over the years in order to get that) and even though the damage is high on undead and earth elemental monsters, it's practically useless elsewhere. and the slow cast and cooldown of crimson rock is stupid. let's say it takes 2 secs to cast mys amp(including animation cooldown), then you start casting crimson rock, which takes 2.5s that's 4.5s, then you gotta wait 5s before you can cast crimson rock again. sure there's release but without mys amp, our damage isn't even enough to one shot anything. this is gonna be a longwinded post, hope you don't fall asleep.

I have 2 WLs, 175 and 152. I have to say I'm very disappointed that my 152 WL deals about the same damage as my 175. the 175 probably has like a few k increase in damage, but that's about it. our skills are not much affected by base level difference too. so yeah, Warlocks are the most expensive and lousiest class ever in Ragnarok. AoE has been taken over by Ranger and RK. single target magic has been overtaken by kagerou too. a kagerou friend and I went MVPing and he got the MVP using fire skill vs my WL with the empowered crimson set. no I do not have MVPs, but I have good gears,

WL is a novelty class, it's not even a glass cannon. before the 175 cap, we could one shot others with amped tetra vortex, but since it's not affected by base level, the damage has pretty much remained the same. but at 175 other classes have 2x our HP pool, we can't one shot anything unless you are MVP carded and with overupgraded gears.

I love magic classes, but Warlocks are just Gravity's unloved child.

#65 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 03 August 2015 - 10:18 AM

^ I got part way through the post and disagreed on too many points so I just kinda aborted with tl;dr, sorry. At "slow cast time on crimson rock" I lost faith in anything you wrote ahead.

Edited by Jaye, 03 August 2015 - 10:19 AM.

#66 hotel

hotel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1571 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:shock town

Posted 03 August 2015 - 10:42 AM

Its not a big deal to get frozen. I always see a bunch of people getting frozen here and there from every guild. Thats why you have ABs to support you. I dont know about ABs in your guild though. You dont need to play Sura to kill. Its such a waste to see a good class like RG to become a 24/7 sacrifice slave when in fact this class is a killer lol

Just like Haseo said, its about each player to bring the potential power from each class. WL is juat generally harder to play. Thats it. After all, its about personal skills and gears dont matter. Veterans kept telling me this 2-3 years ago when I started WoEing with eden gears. Now I understand them well. Gears never matter ^_^

pls put your guide back up so we can stop wasting our lives as sac slaves

#67 Erllun

Erllun

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 12:46 PM

I love the wizard class ever since I played it 11 years ago. a few years back I came back to RO and I noticed the cast time was incredibly long on the wiz. when I entered mid TI, I realized Warlocks were just baggage for the party as we have slow cast times(reading spellbook takes 2s) and our damage is -_- on monsters that are shadow, unless you use comet but that eats up over 400sp for me each time and costs 2 red gems. and the higher level monsters and most MVPs have absurd amounts of mdef. which reduces your damage to 30-50%?  I'm the proud owner of a +11 Empowered Crimson Staff with spell 1,4. (a friend and I spent over 10k mora coins that we collected over the years in order to get that) and even though the damage is high on undead and earth elemental monsters, it's practically useless elsewhere. and the slow cast and cooldown of crimson rock is stupid. let's say it takes 2 secs to cast mys amp(including animation cooldown), then you start casting crimson rock, which takes 2.5s that's 4.5s, then you gotta wait 5s before you can cast crimson rock again. sure there's release but without mys amp, our damage isn't even enough to one shot anything. this is gonna be a longwinded post, hope you don't fall asleep.

I have 2 WLs, 175 and 152. I have to say I'm very disappointed that my 152 WL deals about the same damage as my 175. the 175 probably has like a few k increase in damage, but that's about it. our skills are not much affected by base level difference too. so yeah, Warlocks are the most expensive and lousiest class ever in Ragnarok. AoE has been taken over by Ranger and RK. single target magic has been overtaken by kagerou too. a kagerou friend and I went MVPing and he got the MVP using fire skill vs my WL with the empowered crimson set. no I do not have MVPs, but I have good gears,

WL is a novelty class, it's not even a glass cannon. before the 175 cap, we could one shot others with amped tetra vortex, but since it's not affected by base level, the damage has pretty much remained the same. but at 175 other classes have 2x our HP pool, we can't one shot anything unless you are MVP carded and with overupgraded gears.

It was long indeed, but that's exactly how I feel. I spent a lot on my WL, offcourse not close to what you have spent, but still. Like you said. It's so hash to get into mid TI and feel the most useless class out there. This were what I wanna to hear as a response not ppl debating about woe or random stuffs. Tyvm for your reply.

Edited by Erllun, 03 August 2015 - 12:47 PM.

#68 4782131221082418730

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2370 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 12:47 PM

Warlock is weak, but warlock is not the worst class. Warlock cannot one shot but it still can deal tons of dmg. Warlock is not a good tanker but it still can tank high tier MVP with WI. Warlock is not a good support class but it still has a lot of AOE CC and super op skill: Stasis. I love my warlock. It is fun to play. This is why i am still playing warlock.

#69 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach

Posted 03 August 2015 - 01:45 PM

Bios, Mid TI... 

I love warlocks in my partys, sure most of them are... let me just say it, they are -_-!

We are not talking about rangers who have 1 skill, 1 item set and 1 weapon.

While i agree hard magic def is strong.
Understand that warlocks are not the highest aoe damage for the simple reason they are AOE disablers.

Aways have been LOV blind, MS stun, SG freeze.

What i would give to play an instant casting metorstorm wizard vs mob's :)

Someone somewhere has to have a high wizard card
Magic attacks ignore the defense of all targets.

As for those not in guilds, without MVP cards or even really decent gear.

All i can say is wizards have some pretty lethal spells, waterball for example.
Buy a Gioia Card, Buy a Salamander card and don't build pure damage.

And for those who play guild warlocks.

http://www.divine-pr...ost-giant-blood

Demand only the best. It's not hard to organize a guild event to farm WoE Coins!

But if you want to run with a real RG, be ready to destroy a whole guild... just the two of you.

And its squishy?

Guard Defending aura Shield reflect Safteywall Energy coat GR 100Mdef Hide
They can hold their own in a fight. But don't unleash until you're ready to drop.

Edited by IronFist, 03 August 2015 - 01:53 PM.

#70 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 02:01 PM

Thats why i hate 175 :v

#71 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach

Posted 03 August 2015 - 02:17 PM

Warlocks are like the devilish girl who everyone admires.
Showered with gifts and looked upon with her beauty and strength.

Not some common priest girl who followers her boyfriend around :)

That is why Ii Shinlon will only marry a warlock!

#72 Rinpyon

Rinpyon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCanyon city of Zant
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 03 August 2015 - 03:13 PM

No, Wanderer & Mechanic are way worse, plus all the expanded jobs.

I love to play soul linkers though, kaizel is very good for ET o: basically I love all of their Ka- skills.

#73 Icarus05

Icarus05

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1051 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:thor during woe

Posted 04 August 2015 - 03:12 AM

well not, its a good defence class for WOE and it can do solo MVPing, but i advise to change your build if you feel weaker

#74 ShamStalin

ShamStalin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 10:52 AM

Warlock prolly not weak /gg

#75 6773131031232342973

Too Legit To Quit

• Members