#1 Apollonia93

Apollonia93

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 703 posts
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Nova

Posted 03 August 2015 - 06:18 AM

Alright, the whole point of this post is to attempt to bring back the usefulness of Protectors, possibly Commanders, and rework Evasion/Accuracy.

Now, at this point in time, Protectors are probably the most useless toons in the game. Reason behind this is simple: any character can tank any boss, and why use a Protector that does no damage when instead you can bring a mystic that does 3k per hit.

This is silly. Casters should not be doing the roll of the Protector. Neither should a zerker or sin.

Next problem, is the heavy focus on Damage and HP, and the lack of focus on damage mitigation. Currently the only form of damage mitigation is RESIST and DEFENSE, both capping (soft/hard) at ~80%. Now in the old days this was fine since no one had abusive amount of scad/cad. At this point in time, players can hit 3k+ on cap resist. Quite ridiculous. I will focus on this as well.

Next will be the items, primarily enchants, but also some ideas on gear too. Currently enchants focus on the following: Regals (easy to acquire), Hearts (event only), Resonating (insanely hard to acquire), and Scales (event boss). This does not allow for much variation for classes like Protector. I will focus on suggestion for new enchants SPECIFICALLY for tanking purposes.

Increases Protector/Commander Quantity

1. Increase all boss damage by +100%
  2. Introduce Armor based damage reduction specifically for bosses
    1. Plate armor takes 80% damage from bosses
    2. Chain takes 100% damage from bosses
    3. Leather takes 120% damage from bosses
    4. Cloth takes 150% damage from bosses

Damage mitigation

1. Introduce % damage reduction which reduces SCAD/CAD damage as well
    1. Casters can have a natural Magic damage reduction, Melee can have natural melee dmg reduction. 10% for both
    2. Put 1 skill in every single class that increases reduction by 1% per skill point.
  2. Allow Shields to block target magic attacks (NOT GROUND AOES)
  3. Allow excess resist to reduce scad damage for that element.
  4. Rework the defense formula to be Linear and allow for excess defense to reduce scad/cad damage
  5. Change defense PARTY buffs to last 15 seconds on allies. Give all PARTY defense buffs 45 seconds CD.
  6. Fix evasion/accuracy (will give a formula when I get home)
  7. Allow skills to be effected by evasion and accuracy

Items

1. Introduce a new Regal that focuses on BLOCK % and BLOCK DAMAGE.
    1. .8 block%/20 block damage/hp/mp
  2. Lower the cost of RESONATING by 50% for all resources.
  3. Give prot and commander armors block damage and block % like the old s1 sets.

Ill have more later maybe. Depending on how bored at work I am

#2 RoxCore

RoxCore

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1016 posts
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 03 August 2015 - 06:40 AM

True.. but all turans need update.. Also Radi is Not needed to raids with enough and good mystics

#3 Apollonia93

Apollonia93

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 703 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 06:45 AM

True.. but all turans need update.. Also Radi is Not needed to raids with enough and good mystics

yes, however rads are still useful in pvp being able to heal much better than a group of mystics

prots have no place in pvp at all

#4 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 03 August 2015 - 06:46 AM

Hmmm...

I like the idea of increase boss damages (100% a little too much maybe), I had the same idea too, and they should also lower HP of ET bosses, to make the RAID a little faster. 

Shields that block magic damages and not ground AOEs? No way lol.

"Allow skills to be effected by evasion and accuracy", in what game I can evade a magic attack with evasion?lol this is not matrix where I can evade a fire ball bigger than me XDXD

And everything about SCAD/CAD "nerf" u said, it will never happen. Too many players are focused on SCAD/CAD and Helium won't touch it probably.

I just would like MIND stat, to give a LITTLE SCAD Resistance, just to make MIND a better stat also for non-healer classes.

And the 3-4k hits, well, people this days have 30k+ hp, fights should be fast not 1 year fights, especially with the 8k+ heals around, if everyone hit 1-2k instead of 3-4k, and radis can heal about 8k, wtf how a  player should die??

And trust me, Radiants that can almost perma hush/sleep you aren't so weak as they look -_-

Ah and btw, all ur suggestions except first one takes a lot of work, and some of them are "impossible".

Edited by Kazara, 03 August 2015 - 06:53 AM.

#5 Apollonia93

Apollonia93

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 703 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 07:03 AM

Hmmm...

I like the idea of increase boss damages (100% a little too much maybe), I had the same idea too, and they should also lower HP of ET bosses, to make the RAID a little faster. 

By itself absolutely agree that +100% is too much, but I think combining that with the 80% dmg for prots and the block enchants I suggest, I think that forces parties to use prots. Which is the goal I believe

Why not? Ground aoes shouldn't be blocked that is reasonable. But why not fireballs and targeted skills? If a player has a 3k fireball, that will end up hitting for 1.5k on a prot. Seems reasonable. They should be dieing immediately anyways.

How about 50% block effectiveness vs magic skills? So if you have 100% block chance and 1500 block damage, you end up 50% chance to block a magic skill for 750 dmg.

"Allow skills to be effected by evasion and accuracy", in what game I can evade a magic attack with evasion?lol this is not matrix where I can evade a fire ball bigger than me XDXD

Well that only applies to Burning meteor.

And plus the only toons with decent evasion are defilers and sins. Both are "matric agile" lol.

Prots have crap for evasion so that wont benefit them.

And everything about SCAD/CAD "nerf" u said, it will never happen. Too many players are focused on SCAD/CAD and Helium won't touch it probably.

Technically not a "nerf"

Im not changing the value for scad or cad, having more will always be useful. But it will means that 2.7k scad isn't doing 2.7k clean on the enemy. It will be doing 2.4-2.5k

When I said the extra resistance, I did not mean a 1:1 damage reduction for the scad. More like 1:5?

so having 120% fire resist would end up reducing scad from a fire attack by 8%. Not much but still something

I just would like MIND stat, to give a LITTLE SCAD Resistance, just to make MIND a better stat also for non-healer classes.

Ah, interesting I did not even think about that. Yes that could be good.

And the 3-4k hits, well, people this days have 30k+ hp, fights should be fast not 1 year fights, especially with the 8k+ heals around, if everyone hit 1-2k instead of 3-4k, and radis can heal about 8k, wtf how a  player should die??

Not lowering damage THAT much, but to a point where a commie or prot CAN rush in and NOT instant die. So instead of taking 3-4k taking 2-3k

And trust me, Radiants that can almost perma hush/sleep you aren't so weak as they look -_-

Yeah rads can be pretty nasty. My manatank rad can live through multiple commie hushes thanks to the insane mp regen

Ah and btw, all ur suggestions except first one takes a lot of work, and some of them are "impossible".

How about the item suggestion and changes :p_laugh: 

Edited by Apollonia93, 03 August 2015 - 07:07 AM.

#6 Spud

Spud

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 625 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 07:10 AM

Im with the rock on this one for the most part. They wont nerf s/cad as people have too much investment in it and the only thing that seems plausible is your first two suggestions about increasing dmg and armor base reductions

Now, having block on magic attacks for shield is a decent idea, maybe like half as much as a normal block. But then to drive incentive to use wand/shield as opposed to staff/knucks would be to give magic shield that same blocking capabilities
Something like this (hypothetical numbers): +30 Normal shield gives 50% phys block and 25% magic block. +30 Magic shield of similar level would then give 25% phys block and 50% magic block

And regals are easy huh? Gimme all your crit and scad then!

#7 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 03 August 2015 - 07:22 AM

As I said on another topic, I would like protector to have real protection skills. And for protection skills I mean shields that absorb damages or protect you from damages.

For example, "Iron Skin" (self buff) :  Removes all debuffs on you and form a protective shield for 30 seconds that has a 100% chance to absorb 5000 damages.

CD = 2 minutes

Magic Protection (party buff, I would like a blue icon with a shield) : Form a shield that has a 100% chance to absorb 3000 magic damages.

Physical Protection (party buff, I would like a red icon with a shield ofc xD) : Form a shield that has a 100% chance to absorb 3000 physical damages.

And yes, defense party buffs should have a lower duration.

Ah, and this shields to be balanced should be affected by mind like heals.

#8 Apollonia93

Apollonia93

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 703 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 07:41 AM

Yeah my idea behind lower duration defense buffs is to force players to actually think about when to use a buff instead of mindlessly using it.

Adds a little strategy. Like whenever I was on my prot and I saw a caster get scudded and SKed, I would immediately defense buff them right back up and then proceed to heal. Now imagine that, but during the whole foc having to pay attention to your team mates and making sure that if they are getting ganked by a group of sins or zerks, you have to pop the defense buff and save them within the next 15 seconds.

Maybe have the prot defense buff unkickable to? So for 15 seconds all team mates have +5k defense. 45 sec CD maybe too short.

As for your bubble idea, its interesting. Im not a big fan of static bubbles though. And that's way too little. 5k is 2 hits.

Maybe a % of the HP?

So level 1 bubble would be 2% and level 10 would be 20%? plus dna so 30% hp bubble?

Another interesting thing would be a damage reduction passive based on current hp. So say you are at 100% hp, you have 0% dmg reduction, at 50% hp you get 25% dmg reduction, at 25% you get 50%, and at 1% hp you get 90% dmg reduction

Anywho, just throwing it out there.

And yeah mind would be interesting to use someplaces extra.

#9 sonemere

sonemere

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2350 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 08:44 AM

50% block effectiveness against all magic damage is very good idea for prot!!  ....1 point!!

also give protector reflect on block as light damage.

add equal amount of light damage to taunt as the hostility amount.

taunt

Enemy's Hostility/Light Damage +369 +444 +526 +612 +699 +786 +881 +991 +1126 +1285

taunting cry

Hostility/Light Damage +955 +1077 +1224 +1368 +1524 +1704 +1946 +2136 +2388 +2664

block xeon from vendor on hill.....YES PLS ADD TO VENDOR!!!  i would like to see new recipies for 3 parts of the covenants and xonoviaums. just make it so u can combine any combination of the 3 vendored items!!!!

pls continue to add more to that vendor =D ...

broken regal recipes any 3 can be compounded with  300 shards 2.1mil lant....sadly 4 slots in compound limits alot!!

Edited by sonemere, 03 August 2015 - 09:20 AM.

#10 ARKILIUS

ARKILIUS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 757 posts
  • Locationbehind screen
  • Server:lost one

Posted 03 August 2015 - 12:03 PM

+1 of course on this topic . even +10 000 you "synthetised" in one post what i (we) am (are) fighting for  , for months now ( maybe years). :p_sick: 

#11 ARKILIUS

ARKILIUS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 757 posts
  • Locationbehind screen

Posted 03 August 2015 - 12:24 PM

Hmmm...

"Allow skills to be effected by evasion and accuracy", in what game I can evade a magic attack with evasion?lol this is not matrix where I can evade a fire ball bigger than me XDXD ( yes , chances of evading a magic aiming skill exist in role playing games for ages ,even before virtual videogames ones )

And everything about SCAD/CAD "nerf" u said, it will never happen. Too many players are focused on SCAD/CAD and Helium won't touch it probably.v (we all agree, i wouldn't like to either)

I just would like MIND stat, to give a LITTLE SCAD Resistance, just to make MIND a better stat also for non-healer classes. (nice idea)

you forget a very important aspect : COOL DOWN , yeah there are heals at 8 or 9 k. but the cooldown is far more longer than the one on MANY attack skills - cumulable-)

And trust me, Radiants that can almost perma hush/sleep you aren't so weak as they look -_- (yes a fighting radiant can still be called very strong in pvp. even more than many tempests because of its skills.)

Ah and btw, all ur suggestions except first one takes a lot of work, and some of them are "impossible". probably yes.

As I said on another topic, I would like protector to have real protection skills. And for protection skills I mean shields that absorb damages or protect you from damages.

For example, "Iron Skin" (self buff) :  Removes all debuffs on you and form a protective shield for 30 seconds that has a 100% chance to absorb 5000 damages.

CD = 2 minutes classic enough but why not.

Magic Protection (party buff, I would like a blue icon with a shield) : Form a shield that has a 100% chance to absorb 3000 magic damages.

Physical Protection (party buff, I would like a red icon with a shield ofc xD) : Form a shield that has a 100% chance to absorb 3000 physical damages.same

And yes, defense party buffs should have a lower duration.

Ah, and this shields to be balanced should be affected by mind like heals. (nice idea)

Yeah my idea behind lower duration defense buffs is to force players to actually think about when to use a buff instead of mindlessly using it.

Adds a little strategy. Like whenever I was on my prot and I saw a caster get scudded and SKed, I would immediately defense buff them right back up and then proceed to heal. Now imagine that, but during the whole foc having to pay attention to your team mates and making sure that if they are getting ganked by a group of sins or zerks, you have to pop the defense buff and save them within the next 15 seconds.

Maybe have the prot defense buff unkickable to? So for 15 seconds all team mates have +5k defense. 45 sec CD maybe too short.

As for your bubble idea, its interesting. Im not a big fan of static bubbles though. And that's way too little. 5k is 2 hits.

Maybe a % of the HP?

So level 1 bubble would be 2% and level 10 would be 20%? plus dna so 30% hp bubble?

Another interesting thing would be a damage reduction passive based on current hp. So say you are at 100% hp, you have 0% dmg reduction, at 50% hp you get 25% dmg reduction, at 25% you get 50%, and at 1% hp you get 90% dmg reduction nice idea too

Anywho, just throwing it out there.

And yeah mind would be interesting to use someplaces extra.

50% block effectiveness against all magic damage is very good idea for prot!!  ....1 point!!

taunt

Enemy's Hostility/Light Damage +369 +444 +526 +612 +699 +786 +881 +991 +1126 +1285

taunting cry

Hostility/Light Damage +955 +1077 +1224 +1368 +1524 +1704 +1946 +2136 +2388 +2664

block xeon from vendor on hill.....YES PLS ADD TO VENDOR!!!  i would like to see new recipies for 3 parts of the covenants and xonoviaums. just make it so u can combine any combination of the 3 vendored items!!!!

broken regal recipes any 3 can be compounded with  300 shards 2.1mil lant....sadly 4 slots in compound limits alot!!

oh yes... sorry for not adding my own ideas , have hard time to focus my thoughts after crazy days work i have . But keeping eyes on that topic ...well, discussion with of course eveident interest. and yes prot /commie gears should have exclusive Block % and def bonus like 66 seamless.

Wasting your time. Can gurantee you helium won't even open this topic. You know he doesn't read because when the vol mods where on holiday we all posted alot of flaming and nothing was done about it at all. Pretty sure if he ever reads our topics half of us would have temp or 0erma forum ban.

INDEED.

at least dreaming when i come back home late on my poor broken toon , i can dream to what will never happen :heh: :p_sick: :heh:

#12 Apollonia93

Apollonia93

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 703 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 03:51 PM

Wasting your time. Can gurantee you helium won't even open this topic. You know he doesn't read because when the vol mods where on holiday we all posted alot of flaming and nothing was done about it at all. Pretty sure if he ever reads our topics half of us would have temp or 0erma forum ban.

He does read them, he simply ignores most of them. Bad practice tbh. Alienates the crap out of the community. He doesn't understand the community even after 8 years. Doesn't understand what we need and what we want. It's a big problem. And I don't see it getting better no matter how hard I try via pm. I've been waiting for over a month to get a reply that answers my questions. Yes he has replied to the pm, but never about what I actually asked, and what's worse, he did the exact opposite of what I suggested.
I mean I honestly can't figure out the logic behind working on strongest gear. It makes no sense to me at all.

#13 Ninnghizhidda

Ninnghizhidda

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationAthens, Hellas
  • Server:Hammerine

Posted 03 August 2015 - 11:51 PM

As I have written countless times before, I have become a true master in typing "really long essays" and probably being quite an annoyance, for several years, the WHOLE content nowadays is totally messed up. And I mean an absolutely epic screw up, something never seen before, anywhere.

Months and months of more failed attempts upon failed attempts, from a "dream team" who seems to have no clue about their own game, certainly has a blurred vision (to put it mildly), and just plays around with the "wheel of fortune" concerning numbers, all numbers, be them in skills, items, you name it. There has never been a logical, solid "set of rules", one that exists in 99.99% of all games everywhere, hell, if they could not design their own, it would be far better to "borrow" one (or just steal one, big deal).

What exactly do you expect, when every now and then they throw in whatever fancy crapola they somehow thought would be "cool", just to create the illusion of, hey!, new content and the game is alive and well, and there is stuff happening. Blah, such a brilliant plan when there were already lots of things that needed fixing, for years, and instead breaking those even further and on top of that adding one more ton of extra broken crap.

If there was “imbalance” before, they managed to inflate it to gigantic proportions, adopting all the wrong and loony “plans” they got, in the process totally annihilating any sense and purpose of class, role, gear and stats.

Perhaps there are a few around still, that can recall, how classes, skills and gear were when Requiem was starting. OK, sure, it was far from perfect. But no one in their wildest dreams would, for example, attempt to tank anything, never mind a raid boss, if they were something else except for Protector, maybe Commander or even Druid. Certainly not some “clothy” caster. And if they were suicidal enough to even try (for the lolz?) they would be demolished pretty swiftly, and rightly so. These were facts that everyone in the game accepted, and happy with them.

So, what kind of complete travesty do we have today (and in fact for some time now)? Now you have every other caster and their grandma merrily “tanking” everything, if not even soloing everything. So, yeah, why the bloody hell you even need a class like Protector (I won’t even mention Commander or Druid). What for? They could might as well delete all those classes all together. Playing one is pure sadness, come on now, even those quite dedicated that have played and loved the classes and invested so much in them, know deep inside, it is futile. You / we are “second rate” characters, struggling to manage, it has always been hard compared to the utterly beloved casters, because this is what it has always been, Requiem is a casters’ game, but at least ONCE, other classes might had some use and a role to play.

Do you really expect whoever is in charge now (?) to somehow hold a magic wand, wave it, and the next moment all will be as they should? It isn’t happening, everything is so dramatically broken, and so further being damaged even more, and there will be sooooooo much QQ from all those “easymode-I-jumped-onto-the train-and-FOTM-thing” (call me serk these days), that nope, just forget it.

Sadly, the Turan race has been the worst hit by any other, especially the melees, to the point of oblivion. No matter what 100s upon 100s of posts and suggestions have been, with the best intentions, it is all getting worse. I am really sorry to see our new “dream team” behaving like toddlers messing about with figures and tables, like this is some hilarious mod type of thing, I bet even school children who would have played the game, could handle it better. I have absolutely zero trust now, and less than zero hope.

I am personally happy I jumped this sinking boat, even if it brought great sadness in my heart. But I know I would have been a lot more frustrated, angry, upset, furious, if I had somehow been still playing, especially my now completely massacred class, which once was fairly hard to play but still, with effort, still fun and fulfilling.

If I had ONE suggestion to make to Helium, it would be this one: please just do NOT bother with Protectors and Commanders anymore. If you really want to be honest, give the players who have invested in those characters this choice. To change FOR FREE into another class (and even race), with all their current gear adjusted for the new class. And then proceed to “trash” these sorry classes for good, they are NOT even needed. And for those who are too stubborn or dedicated to still play these ravaged classes, so be it, let them be, as their own choice, knowing they are broken relics of the past and little more.

#14 Crftwise

Crftwise

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 04 August 2015 - 12:18 AM

Turans have NEVER been OP. Time for that to change!!!

#15 Leash

Leash

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3490 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 04 August 2015 - 01:58 AM

Turans have NEVER been OP. Time for that to change!!!

Except for that time the eff'd up heals and prot's were like this unkillable things that kept everyone else alive aswell and singlehandedly made all rads useless

and that time rads were this unkillable things when they eff'd up mp recovery

and that time when commys were a pain in the ass (well I think they still are, maybe slightly less frightening - don't know why noone plays them anymore)

and I also remember there was a time tempests, well especially mn..mnl...(?) being a huge pain in the ass - for whatever reason.

#16 Ninnghizhidda

Ninnghizhidda

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationAthens, Hellas
  • Server:Hammerine

Posted 04 August 2015 - 02:54 AM

Well yeah... once upon a time... when things really started to go wrong. Certainly AFTER S1 ended, and the +30 insanity began.

Absolutely, some of us still remember those Protectors with 2.5k a tick heals, keeping their party perma healed, while they were taking like 1% damage at most. Sure thing, Commanders once upon a time were some force to be reckoned. There were also those times with the dreaded Beam Slash that penetrated...

Those times though... who actually had 50k HPs? Actually, who had more than 20-25k HPs? Very, very few indeed. Who sported HUGE defense numbers and over capped resistances? Precious few. So, indeed, those classes at the time could indeed be a pain, for those reasons.

But those times are well gone and over. And while I was one of the first advocating back then how stupid it was for Protectors to stroll around in that fashion, and that Beam Slash was actually meh, and we had the "Beam Slash Commander" chaps,the whole thing has gone 180 degrees in their face, and worse.

Edited by Ninnghizhidda, 04 August 2015 - 02:55 AM.

#17 Leash

Leash

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3490 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 04 August 2015 - 04:22 AM

Well yeah... once upon a time... when things really started to go wrong. Certainly AFTER S1 ended, and the +30 insanity began.

We don't have to look so far - like 1 1/2 years ago when I quit being commy was still a thing (also beam slash was already nerfed at that time),

still I remember deep sigh's when spotting FloorMatt & Co on the enemy team -

What happened man? :p_sad:

#18 Crftwise

Crftwise

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 04 August 2015 - 04:23 AM

Except for that time the eff'd up heals and prot's were like this unkillable things that kept everyone else alive aswell and singlehandedly made all rads useless

and that time rads were this unkillable things when they eff'd up mp recovery

and that time when commys were a pain in the ass (well I think they still are, maybe slightly less frightening - don't know why noone plays them anymore)

and I also remember there was a time tempests, well especially mn..mnl...(?) being a huge pain in the ass - for whatever reason.

Its true about when Protectors had the mega heal. In defence of that, yeah they were hard to kill, but could not kill anything. DPS was way lower damage then now.(if they had that mega heal now, they would still die hard I think) About the same with Rads back then, hard to kill, but they could not kill -_-.  Commies back then was a good class. Now people pretty much blow off a commie. As far as Mimi (sp?), she cheated :P

Thats all old news.... Whens the last time any Turan class has been at the top of the food chain?

Protector need a big revamping

Commie needs to be feared again

Rad is decent, yet not as needed class

Tempest just needs some tweeks

Looks like Turans will be the last Race to get adjusted. Im not holding my breath on the outcome.

Edited by Crftwise, 04 August 2015 - 04:24 AM.

#19 BloodyHalo

BloodyHalo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • LocationHollow Bastion
  • Server:Long Live Hammerine

Posted 04 August 2015 - 09:55 AM

Rofl my near 3k ticking heals and my fairy wand, those were fun days, for a while.  Tanking theme battle teams solo was also fun, but kind of dull pressing the same 3 buttons all the time.

Commie was never op, never completely facerolling oppnents.  Yea they had a few good skills but (While switching from prot to commy back and forth) I never actually thought twice about one.  I remember seeing Mat and thinking "this will be a fun fight" not "-_- this zerk".  

The ONLY reason people view us (commies) as a pain in the ass nowadays is becuase we have a reasonably long Face Strike, which with without we would be dead instantly.  With max resists and relateable hp I still get hit for now near 3k hits from NORMAL casters without debuffs.  Defilers with the bug even more.  I solo crush every dungeon alone but then in foc a little elf can hit me for 6k >_>. 

Also, to those complaining that face strike is too "op".  They are pumping classes with eva so much now that it misses around 60% of the time.  So get over it. Not only that but without buffs the max I hit on cap def is around 2.4k give or take a bit.  Zerks hit me for 8-10k, defilers for 5k, sins I don't even know anymore thanks to MDC duals.  Some ranger was doing 3+k in foc yesterday.  I let Alex test on me and he was doing 3 almost 4k.  

We're talking 80+% block rate and a helluva lot of hp, scc way over the legal amount and when fighting an average zerk or other melee it feels kind of ridiculous.  Yes I will probably EVENTUALLY win but I have to fight for it.

Also now, when casters just troll under their aoes, there is no way to even get to them.  I've never seen hp disappear so fast.  Last foc I did a test and with only 2 people  attacking (Defiler and ranger)  I died in under 5 seconds.  So how in the world is a normal commander supposed to do ANYTHING but die?

Edited by BloodyHalo, 04 August 2015 - 10:08 AM.

#20 BloodyHalo

BloodyHalo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • LocationHollow Bastion

Posted 04 August 2015 - 10:14 AM

Increases Protector/Commander Quantity

1. Increase all boss damage by +100%
  2. Introduce Armor based damage reduction specifically for bosses
    1. Plate armor takes 80% damage from bosses
    2. Chain takes 100% damage from bosses
    3. Leather takes 120% damage from bosses
    4. Cloth takes 150% damage from bosses

Damage mitigation

1. Introduce % damage reduction which reduces SCAD/CAD damage as well
    1. Casters can have a natural Magic damage reduction, Melee can have natural melee dmg reduction. 10% for both
    2. Put 1 skill in every single class that increases reduction by 1% per skill point.
  2. Allow Shields to block target magic attacks (NOT GROUND AOES)
  3. Allow excess resist to reduce scad damage for that element.
  4. Rework the defense formula to be Linear and allow for excess defense to reduce scad/cad damage
  5. Change defense PARTY buffs to last 15 seconds on allies. Give all PARTY defense buffs 45 seconds CD.
  6. Fix evasion/accuracy (will give a formula when I get home)
  7. Allow skills to be effected by evasion and accuracy

Items

1. Introduce a new Regal that focuses on BLOCK % and BLOCK DAMAGE.
    1. .8 block%/20 block damage/hp/mp
  2. Lower the cost of RESONATING by 50% for all resources.
  3. Give prot and commander armors block damage and block % like the old s1 sets.

Yeah the current block regal is so stupid I don't even waste time with it.

You would think that plate armors would already give alot better defenses...but yea nope they dont.

Only thing I would add is that they need some def against ground aoes, because even in duels all casters do is cast and wait while they pew pew from their protection.  Sometimes I can outlast their aoes if everything hits but siting under just one aoe isnt really an option.  If this is covered in the reduction of scad damage then ignore!

Edited by BloodyHalo, 04 August 2015 - 10:15 AM.

#21 ARKILIUS

ARKILIUS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 757 posts
  • Locationbehind screen

Posted 04 August 2015 - 01:29 PM

1 Except for that time the eff'd up heals and prot's were like this unkillable things that kept everyone else alive aswell and singlehandedly made all rads useless

2 and that time rads were this unkillable things when they eff'd up mp recovery

3 and that time when commys were a pain in the ass (well I think they still are, maybe slightly less frightening - don't know why noone plays them anymore)

4 and I also remember there was a time tempests, well especially mn..mnl...(?) being a huge pain in the ass - for whatever reason.

1  : like said further by Craft too : BUT WEREN'T KILLING ANYTHING. now many tank casters have crazy heals but feel proud to chop foes like wheat whatever their resist by pack of twelve with of course a dps cumulating with PB ( not sure it work exactly the same for us , cause pb turn damages in long range , so our original short range ones probably don't stack. never been higher than 8,3 k damage with my pb while some show CRAZY numbers.)

2  :  same situation. yeah rad with pew pew can be really Op one on one. but only first jobs aoes.can't be compared with defis (moreover the last AoC version) or sakers , i skip mystics here cause yeah , even if they have somehow "ground control" they have no real crowds , while rad have a single hush and sleep , more like the first two mentioned classes tho. Still yeah , it's the more "discussionable" ( not sure to type that correctly sorry) about Turan being "OP in the past"

3 : go see Bloody answer , was about to do quite the same : Commie was a caster killer BACK THEN AND one on one. iit was a hated class just because except it , it have ever been caster's paradise like Nin said. So an anti -casters was "unbearable" . But ehe , even back then one on one is not the real situation in battle , and you have to go SIT on foe KNEES for chances to hits meanwhile getting pew pewed as Hell . Add lag like it was for me , and it's a very technic and difficult class to play. Other reason as we post many time elsewhere too : rush don't stun. Many lols with that added to two shield skills missing a LOT even AT 100% chances. And tadaaa ! you have reason why no more commies in game : go check bloody post again : a commie die in five seconds able to do nothing.

4 : Oh ! yes. tempest can be called Op sometimes . You know why ? pure caster. caster paradise remember ? but still : almost the weakest one actually  (even if still very good for pve due to aoe range. IF you bann HOLY LAG as a skill- i use it = i freeze.) Ok , AoC is not an aoe. But each second ? oooooooook , each TWO seconds because animation etc ... c'mon ???! meh. But yeah ok , i stop with that supposed ( in fact legit) "harassment towards theses pooooor defilers  :heh: 

We don't have to look so far - like 1 1/2 years ago when I quit being commy was still a thing (also beam slash was already nerfed at that time),

still I remember deep sigh's when spotting FloorMatt & Co on the enemy team -

What happened man? :p_sad:

they make toons with range attack as tough as melees. commie dps is not zerk one. then they empowered even more casters dps. but commie hp is not zerk ones.

Conclusion : no more commies = more happy casters. (less hush ) so even more casters. Try to kill the cat in the barn and watch how many time before surpopulation of rodents.

that's what happened.

Its true about when Protectors had the mega heal. In defence of that, yeah they were hard to kill, but could not kill anything. DPS was way lower damage then now.(if they had that mega heal now, they would still die hard I think) About the same with Rads back then, hard to kill, but they could not kill -_-.  Commies back then was a good class. Now people pretty much blow off a commie. As far as Mimi (sp?), she cheated :P

Thats all old news.... Whens the last time any Turan class has been at the top of the food chain? Never . When it happened in battle to see some commies "ruling" he was alone and it was depending a lot on gear but on his connection too. Tempests had good scores tho. But i can't remember the score ranking being perma held by ever the same classes even if differents players. Again it's easier to score with a poor geared lagged tempy i have staying at safe range pew pewing and somehow "KSing" than with a commie. ( at lasyt for my connection) not ebven talking of my supposedly "OP" prot that is not designed for that anyway (well try to be but class limits are reinforced with broken class new limits)

Protector need a big revamping +1 billion

Commie needs to be feared again +1K

Rad is decent, yet not as needed class +1

Tempest just needs some tweeks +1

Looks like Turans will be the last Race to get adjusted. Im not holding my breath on the outcome. same. prot will probably be the last druid... maybe in a bugged version. :p_sad:

Rofl my near 3k ticking heals and my fairy wand, those were fun days, for a while.  Tanking theme battle teams solo was also fun, but kind of dull pressing the same 3 buttons all the time.

Commie was never op, never completely facerolling oppnents.  Yea they had a few good skills but (While switching from prot to commy back and forth) I never actually thought twice about one.  I remember seeing Mat and thinking "this will be a fun fight" not "-_- this zerk".  

The ONLY reason people view us (commies) as a pain in the ass nowadays is becuase we have a reasonably long Face Strike, which with without we would be dead instantly.  With max resists and relateable hp I still get hit for now near 3k hits from NORMAL casters without debuffs.  Defilers with the bug even more.  I solo crush every dungeon alone but then in foc a little elf can hit me for 6k >_>. 

Also, to those complaining that face strike is too "op".  They are pumping classes with eva so much now that it misses around 60% of the time.  So get over it. Not only that but without buffs the max I hit on cap def is around 2.4k give or take a bit.  Zerks hit me for 8-10k, defilers for 5k, sins I don't even know anymore thanks to MDC duals.  Some ranger was doing 3+k in foc yesterday.  I let Alex test on me and he was doing 3 almost 4k.  

We're talking 80+% block rate and a helluva lot of hp, scc way over the legal amount and when fighting an average zerk or other melee it feels kind of ridiculous.  Yes I will probably EVENTUALLY win but I have to fight for it.

Also now, when casters just troll under their aoes, there is no way to even get to them.  I've never seen hp disappear so fast.  Last foc I did a test and with only 2 people  attacking (Defiler and ranger)  I died in under 5 seconds.  So how in the world is a normal commander supposed to do ANYTHING but die?

+ "an outstanding number" ( call it Chuck Norris number) :hmm:

#22 Crftwise

Crftwise

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 05 August 2015 - 01:54 AM

Turan PB's are good, but dont deal the MAX damage some of the other PB's do. I think most I can do with PB is 10.5k. Ive been hit by Bartuk PB's for 13k (caster) Zerk PB..ROFL Dont even go there.

#23 BloodyHalo

BloodyHalo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • LocationHollow Bastion

Posted 05 August 2015 - 10:54 AM

Turan PB's are good, but dont deal the MAX damage some of the other PB's do. I think most I can do with PB is 10.5k. Ive been hit by Bartuk PB's for 13k (caster) Zerk PB..ROFL Dont even go there.

Agreed.  I like my pb much more than a mystics, but bartuk pb's are just like their classes.  OP.  I got hit for 12k and then 5k back to back, almost half my hp bar gone in literally one second.

#24 Apollonia93

Apollonia93

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 703 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 07:14 AM

Bump
Since helium is allegedly reading up on defender -_-

#25 sonemere

sonemere

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2350 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 07:23 AM

50% block effectiveness against SKILLS is very good idea for prot!!  ....1 point!!

taunt

taunting cry

bump

Edited by sonemere, 06 August 2015 - 07:24 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users