[Classic] Legalized Auto Pot Discussion - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

[Classic] Legalized Auto Pot Discussion

• Please log in to reply
241 replies to this topic

#1 Amis

Amis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 337 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Loki>Ymir>Classic

Posted 08 August 2015 - 12:06 PM

Autopots are still a problem.  Maya P hacks still a problem.  WoE is keeping the game going.  Can we get someone real time monitoring for this stuff or what?  It's 2015 already.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 11 August 2015 - 04:34 AM.
Edited title, merged topics.

#2 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 08 August 2015 - 01:57 PM

Please make sure that tickets are in with links to the video and that Warnhal gets PM'd with the ticket numbers. I will make sure that the tickets are checked out. Spamming the forum with multiple topics about the same thing is not productive. 

#3 lyndel84

lyndel84

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 02:14 PM

Imo I only see it going either of two ways:

They ban the player in question (because the video is -_-ing obvious. Like captain obvious obvious)

OR

They legalize Autopotting cause they are too lazy to ban people and do their job.

Edited by lyndel84, 08 August 2015 - 02:14 PM.

#4 Nathy

Nathy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Server:Classic

Posted 08 August 2015 - 02:14 PM

Just legalise it already. All this back and forth is dumb

#5 Rachel0mega

Rachel0mega

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 02:21 PM

I'm up for legalisation too if they can't enforce it. It doesn't exactly make for a fun GvG experience since it drastically changes the meta with class viability and favours burst too much, not to mention it makes people go Leeroy Jenkins due to the perception of safety, but at least it's better than a huge divide existing between APers and Non APers with their HPS and ability to multitask.

#6 Omegatroid

Omegatroid

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 988 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 August 2015 - 02:36 PM

Legalizing only makes the illegal versions harder to spot. It would be like increasing a speed limit to 45mph in a 30mph zone, because a few people are going 55mph.

#7 stoenr

stoenr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 789 posts
  • Server:Ymir + Loki

Posted 08 August 2015 - 02:49 PM

just disable pots in classic woe. turn that -_- into checkers.

#8 Rachel0mega

Rachel0mega

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 02:58 PM

just disable pots in classic woe. turn that -_- into checkers.

Yeah because that won't just cause everybody to quit because they're unhappy with fundamentally changing the game :P

And tbh I wouldn't trust the GMs to do that anyway. One of Classic's "stalled" projects was a consumable-free PvP room, but it was implemented with % items still available for use, and still hasn't been fixed months after it was added.

Same deal with cooldowns btw, before anyone mentions that, and it won't solve anything regardless because most of why AP is toxic is because it alleviates the burden of health management from the player so they can concentrate on other things. Massive advantage and less finger gymnastics.

Legalizing only makes the illegal versions harder to spot. It would be like increasing a speed limit to 45mph in a 30mph zone, because a few people are going 55mph.

What would you suggest instead?

Edited by Rachel0mega, 08 August 2015 - 02:59 PM.

#9 Omegatroid

Omegatroid

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 988 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 03:07 PM

Bans are not harsh enough on iRO. I know someone who had their accounts banned long ago for botting, asked for forgiveness years later, they gave him back both the accounts, and LOTS of zeny/items that he gained by botting at the time.

The best way to prevent and lessen cheating is to always make the risk not worth the reward. You should stick with the fact that there isn't enough policing, and hope the few people truly in charge of warp portal have the GMs in charge of RO enforce more often.

Edited by Omegatroid, 08 August 2015 - 03:07 PM.

#10 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 03:16 PM

itll be fine seeing how macros are legal

#11 6773131031232342973

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1484 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Violet
  • Server:Best ragnarok

Posted 08 August 2015 - 03:21 PM

itll be fine seeing how macros are legal

macross without kore = legal  

Macross with kore = illegal 

#12 Rachel0mega

Rachel0mega

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 03:23 PM

Bans are not harsh enough on iRO. I know someone who had their accounts banned long ago for botting, asked for forgiveness years later, they gave him back both the accounts, and LOTS of zeny/items that he gained by botting at the time.

The best way to prevent and lessen cheating is to always make the risk not worth the reward. You should stick with the fact that there isn't enough policing, and hope the few people truly in charge of warp portal have the GMs in charge of RO enforce more often.

That would definitely be the best option so we wouldn't have to legitimise their behaviour, but it just isn't going to work. The GMs seem to have trouble identifying AP visually so there's always going to be enough doubt to put up an argument for dodging the ban. So far as I remember from the last AP thread we had on CC, they don't have access to the backend to for pattern recognition to build a case for banning either, so they have to go purely on visual identification, and it's impossible to brick the programs clientside due to the fact that not all of them hook directly; they all have different methods.

I'd also like to mention they appear to have a "no interference" policy so they won't Lutie or Coma for AP testing.

They will however sit in the middle of a fight and block cells :P

Then like you say, they're notoriously soft on people even when they do hit with bans. A lot of players seem to be able to get around it with a few games of ticket tennis.

Edited by Rachel0mega, 08 August 2015 - 03:53 PM.

#13 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 03:26 PM

you realize holding down a macro instead autopot gives you a slight advantage of about 2~3 potions at the start of a fight? that's really all there is thats different also comparing botting to this is quite the stretch afaik as long as you are there present and playing the game the macro is legal which you will be doing with autopot and with kore you obviously wont be unless you programmed a very bad ahk bot 

#14 lyndel84

lyndel84

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 09:38 PM

Still waiting for a statement from the GM's. Is the player in question being banned or not?

Preferably BEFORE todays WoE so it actually hurts him. 

#15 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 09:54 PM

Okay, so we had a huge forum post and debate on this situation and we got a lot of great feedback.

Nothing has been seemingly done with all of the feedback and the promises to moderate WoE has done nothing.

This caused backlash from the community and keeps snowballing. People are losing faith in each other and the GM team.

The bottom line is that it's near impossible to tell who is cheating and the lazy ones that are obvious aren't getting punished.

Even if they are caught it's easy to deny you were using it.

A large portion of Classic players are from private servers and are used to auto pot being legal.

This change would put everyone on equal footing and put a stop to the complaints that everyone is having.

Let us discuss this in a civil manner.

If there's bashing or name calling, please report that person.

I don't want personal attacks against individuals or against guilds as a whole.

This isn't a place to discuss unfair treatment by the GMs or to criticize them either.

#16 lyndel84

lyndel84

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 10:10 PM

I just have one thing to say to this:

If the person @ 22:49 on this video http://www.twitch.tv/xellie/v/10180397 isn't banned then it should be legalized.

The scene is 100% clear and no matter how you put it, said person can't deny that it was obviously AP.

If the GM's can't see that they might want to consider changing their job to something that better fits them.

Maybe write me a PM, I'm still looking for some talented translators, transcribers and for a good web designer. Just saying.

#17 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 10:11 PM

Something has to be done because the population of Classic isn't expendable and I'm afraid that the majority, the ones who are in it for WoE are slowly bleeding out.

#18 6773131031232342973

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1484 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Violet
  • Server:Best ragnarok

Posted 08 August 2015 - 10:54 PM

better legalize weed

#19 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 09 August 2015 - 04:37 AM

Just legalize it. Can't enforce something you can't "prove". It will reduce a lot of finger pointing, shaming, and pointless drama.

Take the effort saved by trying to catch ap (lol?) and use it to enforce ACTUAL cheats, such as nodelay.

#20 rojoky113

rojoky113

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 09 August 2015 - 05:10 AM

If the person @ 22:49 on this video http://www.twitch.tv/xellie/v/10180397 isn't banned then it should be legalized.

^Put up or shut up, GMs. Either ban the people who get caught obviously using it and send a message, or don't and send a message. The second message being "using AP is safe, feel free to cheat at your leisure."

Even if it's legalized, I still probably won't use it. MAYBE in a hardcore GvG depending on my class/position. MAYBE. But honestly with macros legal it's not hard to just hold down a button when you're in imminent danger of getting hit, which is obviously telegraphed 95% of the time outside of that situation. AP is just for the lazy/bad. The vast vast majority of all deaths I experience are getting one-shotted by SB or fist.

Which is kind of why I'm much more concerned/outraged about other things like MP hack, ndl and RMTed duped/generated MVPs and gods. Enforcement of those isn't going so hot either though, outside of the recent incidence of the most blatant bowling bash ndl ever. The recent pulling of item logs has me hopeful about the illegit gear situation, which is one of the largest problems. The day I wake up to find that trash deleted and the people who knowingly bought them banned will be a great day.

Xellie is right that this is discouraging for non-cheaters trying to play this game. It's becoming a joke of who's guild can cheat the most and then turn around and lie about it or their knowledge of it with the straightest face. If this is the community people have to deal with, why would anyone want to stay?

Edited by rojoky113, 09 August 2015 - 05:25 AM.

#21 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 09 August 2015 - 06:37 AM

I would like 1 woe where I can actually use cheats to kill the other players using cheats. I am positive that I am more creative then them.

Inb4, 300 str lk with perm immune to status, double hp, imsta cast and wpe bb spam that doesn't require me to be on the same screen to even bb the targets lolz. Maybe cheaters just need to feel how crappy it is to have real cheats used on them.

I'll even make a woe video of playing ro via dos.

Please please please

Edited by Gn1ydnu, 09 August 2015 - 06:42 AM.

#22 jebjebMANGTAS

jebjebMANGTAS

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 458 posts
  • Server:Chaos / Thor

Posted 09 August 2015 - 07:43 AM

but the question is .  Is gm can detect if that person use Auto Pots ?

#23 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 09 August 2015 - 07:54 AM

^Put up or shut up, GMs. Either ban the people who get caught obviously using it and send a message, or don't and send a message. The second message being "using AP is safe, feel free to cheat at your leisure."

Even if it's legalized, I still probably won't use it. MAYBE in a hardcore GvG depending on my class/position. MAYBE. But honestly with macros legal it's not hard to just hold down a button when you're in imminent danger of getting hit, which is obviously telegraphed 95% of the time outside of that situation. AP is just for the lazy/bad. The vast vast majority of all deaths I experience are getting one-shotted by SB or fist.

Which is kind of why I'm much more concerned/outraged about other things like MP hack, ndl and RMTed duped/generated MVPs and gods. Enforcement of those isn't going so hot either though, outside of the recent incidence of the most blatant bowling bash ndl ever. The recent pulling of item logs has me hopeful about the illegit gear situation, which is one of the largest problems. The day I wake up to find that trash deleted and the people who knowingly bought them banned will be a great day.

Xellie is right that this is discouraging for non-cheaters trying to play this game. It's becoming a joke of who's guild can cheat the most and then turn around and lie about it or their knowledge of it with the straightest face. If this is the community people have to deal with, why would anyone want to stay?

Too bad there has been tons of other proof in the past of OTHER users and they did nothing.

Once again this is a drama thread finger pointing one user. It's getting old, as such, they need to just legalize it so people quit creating these threads if they aren't going to delete the parts that should be in a ticket or on ranters.

tldr; Legalize it so the GMs and players can get on with other things already...

Edited by Ambur, 09 August 2015 - 07:55 AM.

#24 ClickyHpen

ClickyHpen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • Locationtwitch.tv/chpenn

Posted 09 August 2015 - 09:38 AM

I would like 1 woe where I can actually use cheats to kill the other players using cheats. I am positive that I am more creative then them.

Inb4, 300 str lk with perm immune to status, double hp, imsta cast and wpe bb spam that doesn't require me to be on the same screen to even bb the targets lolz. Maybe cheaters just need to feel how crappy it is to have real cheats used on them.

I'll even make a woe video of playing ro via dos.

Please please please

i know this is all about hacks and stuff but honestly, i would really really love to see that video. just... how?! why?! what?!

maybe it's because we're a small guild, but if people seem to be doing crazy things (or really, just seem like we can't take em) we just move along. thankfully, there are several guilds on our level we can go play with if poking sleeping bigger guild bears isn't fun anymore. hopefully a few of us grow big enough so bigger guilds can do the same.

#25 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 03:03 PM

On a serious note, has there seriously been no bans/suspensions in regards to cheating in WoE?  Thread starter makes it seem as if there is absolutely nothing done, when i'm positive there should have been at least one or two suspensions over the past month or so.  If something is being done, then perhaps there should be more transparency in letting us know that X amount of players got banned for Y reasons.  Just like how Oda notifies the members on stream of how many bots he bans on tuesdays.  I mean, if there is something being done, and no one knows about it, then it would only logically appear as if nothing is being done.   I mean privacy stuff obviously needs to be followed, but i'm sure they could at least mention the total amount of characters/accounts that was banned to show us that something is actually being done.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 11 August 2015 - 04:03 AM.
Removed quote.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users