[Classic] Legalized Auto Pot Discussion - Page 10 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

[Classic] Legalized Auto Pot Discussion

• Please log in to reply
241 replies to this topic

#226 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 August 2015 - 02:54 PM

Can't we just have all those -_-posts deleted and get this thread rolled back to before Ambur derailed it? It'll just serve as flamebait if left visible, and it doesn't contribute to further discussion at all.

Keep the constructive stuff though. Undying made a few good points amidst it all.

I'm not going to bother reporting since there's so much lol

#227 rockymom

rockymom

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • LocationSweden
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal, Classic

Posted 28 August 2015 - 02:57 PM

Oh I see my fearless leader has posted again. Oh Xellie, this loyal minion of yours has done everything you desired. May I now I have my free GTB and Asprika_

#228 OccultPriest

OccultPriest

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 361 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 28 August 2015 - 03:01 PM

ok heres sme idea

1. well for starters having more gms available durring woe would help

2. in many occurances in woe people that have been cheating "overall" leave there alts in the castle with ap on giving us a direct link to their ip

3. many people may get away with it but the more accounts are banned over it the less likely it will continue

(cheats may help your gameplay short term but they overall lower your skill level making you no better than a mob with a really good ai)

#229 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 28 August 2015 - 03:21 PM

Reading all these posts really make me wanna try Classic haha so far,

Dumb players: Appear against AP. Dont use AP. Want to ban AP users.  :p_swt:

Common players: Appear against AP. Use AP. Want to ban AP users.  :p_devil:

Sneaky players: Appear against AP. Use AP. Want to legalize AP.  :p_angel:

Smart players: Appear against AP. Use AP. Stay out of the AP-related topics.  :p_love:

Rare players: Appear against AP. Dont use AP. Stay out of the AP-related topics  :p_smile:

#230 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 28 August 2015 - 03:24 PM

Reading all these posts really make me wanna try Classic haha so far,

Dumb players: Appear against AP. Dont use AP. Want to ban AP users.  :p_swt:

Common players: Appear against AP. Use AP. Want to ban AP users.  :p_devil:

Sneaky players: Appear against AP. Use AP. Want to legalize AP.  :p_angel:

Smart players: Appear against AP. Use AP. Stay out of the AP-related topics.  :p_love:

Rare players: Appear against AP. Dont use AP. Stay out of the AP-related topics  :p_smile:

Valhalla players : Appear against AP. Don't use AP. Want to legalize AP.

#231 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 03:32 PM

Just wondering why, after a mod supposedly "cleaned" the thread, this was deleted:

-removed-

VModCinnamon:
You know right that was not helpful, take it to pms if you wish.

But all these were left alone:

How much time did you spend googling all the words so you could understand them?

Not much, just hanging out with the rest of the minions.

Oh I see my fearless leader has posted again. Oh Xellie, this loyal minion of yours has done everything you desired. May I now I have my free GTB and Asprika_

Edited by Inubashiri, 28 August 2015 - 07:48 PM.
Edited removed content.

#232 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 28 August 2015 - 03:36 PM

#233 ceinchase

ceinchase

Too Legit To Quit

• Artist Alley Alliance
  • 2625 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 28 August 2015 - 03:39 PM

What is up epal

Ask sarah why that's a relevant word.

wat

also editing peoples irl photos is not cool. =/

#234 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 04:00 PM

Oda, stop playing Metal Gear Solid on the clock and deal with your forum kthx

#235 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 August 2015 - 04:03 PM

Hey guys, its been a few weeks. So, what's the verdict?

#236 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 04:48 PM

Any finger pointing, none constructive posts and an attempt to stir nonsense drama after this notice consider yourself on weekend probation.

Also this:

Please note that is a great way of getting weekend probations from the forums and avatar privileges removed...

#237 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 05:35 PM

Any finger pointing, none constructive posts and an attempt to stir nonsense drama after this notice consider yourself on weekend probation.

Also this:

Thank you for removing most of the offending posts.

#238 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 07:27 PM

thank you for removing most of the offending posts.

I guess you can say...

*puts on sunglasses*

he's on a roll

Spoiler

-removed-

Edited by VModCinnamon, 28 August 2015 - 07:40 PM.
Not helpful.

#239 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 09:14 PM

not sure what part of that was not helpful.  Just stating that some players have been actively deterring the gm's from doing their jobs, and that same group of people are complaining that the GM's are ineffective at combating the cheating problem.  I mean, yea of course they're going to be ineffective because people are doing their best to make sure they don't do their jobs properly.  Isn't that like, causation instead of correlation?  Care to explain what part of this chain of thoughts i'm incorrect about?  Then again i doubt you even care.

VModCinnamon:

Maybe, maybe not. But enough warnings been given out. Take care.

K see ya in a month!

Edited by schia, 28 August 2015 - 09:36 PM.
Probation notice.

#240 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 29 August 2015 - 06:19 PM

Only caught one thing today :p_idea:

#241 LarryProbe

LarryProbe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 02:04 PM

ok heres sme idea

1. well for starters having more gms available durring woe would help

2. in many occurances in woe people that have been cheating "overall" leave there alts in the castle with ap on giving us a direct link to their ip

#1 Asking for more GM involvement in WoE is useless at best, how does one truly prove someone has AP going? [Outside of alts appearing "afk"]. GMs can tag someone walking in an inn with a small damage amount to see if its them potting but maybe they just potted cause they saw their HP suddenly go down? This would have to happen multiple times to see if it's an AP and that would require multiple woes on the same person [One GM can only do this to one person/watch them, if they don't catch them when they see it how do they prove it? And GMs have more often than not been about requiring massive amounts of proof of cheating vs small amounts, I'm sure the few getting banned by "one report" have more than likely been suspected numerous times and has had multiple reports filed without anyone knowing, I don't air my reports or talks with GMs because then you get people emailing them about your reports vs their reports etc and it's a cluster -_-.] If you expect someone banned during woe using AP you'd require a team of at least 6 GMs on,  at 6x8 [You can't call someone to work 2 hour shifts....it'd be super weird and inconvenient, lets say for argument sakes we have them do half days, 4 hours Saturday, [2 hours of watching, 2 hours of compiling data on that specific WoE [Sat vs Sun] Possible AP suspects to be marked and red flagged for next WoE, Character and IP that was used to login to that character, Watching both IP and Characters each week. Per month that's roughly 192 hours at what I assume they'll be paid in 2016, 1920.00 USD a month extra [without any other hours logged in, or any of the other bull-_- since this company probably requires a supervisor to be in the office at any point other office personal are, assuming one of those 6 isn't a supervisor themselves.] Since you expect GMs to be in the office every woe that means 52 weeks a year [give or take] roughly 25,000 USD to hire a team of 6 to work 8 hour weeks, this obviously isn't going to happen [who'd want to work for 8 hours a week only on Sat/Sun?] So the assumption is you'd have to tag another 12 hours on to make it worthwhile throughout the week [20 hours meaning part-time] That should be roughly another 37,000 USD to be paid out for those 6 employees [62,000 USD total]. That is what you are asking this company to do, if they have 1 GM watch woe it won't matter with the massive amount of AP going on [not to matter how hard it is to really prove they are using AP vs Macro potting] One ban doesn't scare anyone, it's when half a guild gets banned that people start considering alternatives.  [side-note: I realize for a company "62,000" isn't a ton of a cash but considering the company we are talking about vs the subject we are discussing it isn't entirely wrong to think that dedicating that money to this specific of a cause (especially with bigger issues out there) would be...unrealistic.]

#2 Them just logging in the account leaves a direct link.. fail to see why it matters if they have an "alt" logged in with AP on...but if they use anything else to connect to RO it won't, meaning the Main vs Alts IP wont ever match up [I fail to see why this matters since APing isn't like botting, one account caught APing does not =/= all accounts are APing. A little lost on this. Gravity to my knowledge has only ever banned across all accts for cheating via botting or any other cheat that can be used to "help" other accts, if you can prove X account didn't benefit from Y account via the cheat [aka AP] because your Alt AP'ing isn't helping your main acct that isn't AP'ing [or any other offline acct] vs botting [which is how the "Ban one, ban em all" punishment began] where account X gives account Y gear/zeny from botting then both are banned.

Saying legalize it because why waste resources/time on this? It puts everyone back on an even playing field instead of group B afraid to AP because of being banned [They actually enjoy this game, weirdos...] and group A who just don't give a damn if they get caught and know that they probably wont and will use it.

And just saying, even having GMs log in during WoE won't matter due to some people having the ability to know when GMs login + when they are on a map server [and see them through GM hide] so that isn't all together a definitive way to police AP.

edit: I can't do spoilers for the long walls because it won't let me comic-sans the spoilers, soz.

Edited by LarryProbe, 30 August 2015 - 02:12 PM.

#242 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 02:37 PM

[side-note: I realize for a company "62,000" isn't a ton of a cash but considering the company we are talking about vs the subject we are discussing it isn't entirely wrong to think that dedicating that money to this specific of a cause (especially with bigger issues out there) would be...unrealistic.]

Given they don't even want to spend ~$30 a month for off-site advertising, you're not wrong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users