Razzleluff

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:The best one

Posted 09 August 2015 - 02:15 AM

Is it just me or does the archer's shoot down skill just go everywhere. When I'm not attacking monsters, it just spreads normally and evenly, but with monsters, it just goes everywhere and I miss like 80% of the time even though I'm directly above the enemy.

Is this a bug? Can somebody fix it?

#2 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 09 August 2015 - 07:21 AM

It is a bug and unfortunately the work around for it is to use an item that changes your attack animation( Halloween, Ice, Tuna IM weapons or graveyard acc set).

#3 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts
  • LocationWarpPortal forums
  • Server:What is server?

Posted 09 August 2015 - 09:18 AM

a relating question please : Why do i see people shootdown vertically but I can't do it?

#4 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 09 August 2015 - 05:49 PM

a relating question please : Why do i see people shootdown vertically but I can't do it?

Most likely a visual error, the DS is notorious for people not being in sync on each others screens even if you're both in the same room on the same connection.

#5 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 06:51 PM

Most likely a visual error, the DS is notorious for people not being in sync on each others screens even if you're both in the same room on the same connection.

But I can't damage target by my behind but they do.

#6 Razzleluff

Razzleluff

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 09 August 2015 - 09:18 PM

And if we're not that rich? I'me just starting out and getting even 500 gold seems like a century away, and unnecessary if the bug would just be fixed. (Tuna which seems to be the cheapest of the ones you've mentioned). The extra 500 or so gold could be used in advancing your actual character instead. I don't want to sound too whingy but yeah. Does seem like a whole lot of money for a new player.

Edited by Razzleluff, 09 August 2015 - 09:22 PM.

#7 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 09 August 2015 - 09:57 PM

I have an idea for a workaround fix for this bug. I will discuss this with the production team and ask if we can implement it. I'll reveal it if the answer is positive. Please stay patient.

At the moment a workaround of any kind is the only way to fix this issue. I can only presume what the problem is. It can either have to do with a bug in a changed physics calculation or with a bug in one of the weapon scripts. Both are not fixable at the moment, because the client has to be changed in both cases. This is not possible until the taking over process is complete and WarpPortal is able to work on client fixes.

Edited by Popcorn, 09 August 2015 - 10:04 PM.

#8 Razzleluff

Razzleluff

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 09 August 2015 - 11:40 PM

I have an idea for a workaround fix for this bug. I will discuss this with the production team and ask if we can implement it. I'll reveal it if the answer is positive. Please stay patient.

At the moment a workaround of any kind is the only way to fix this issue. I can only presume what the problem is. It can either have to do with a bug in a changed physics calculation or with a bug in one of the weapon scripts. Both are not fixable at the moment, because the client has to be changed in both cases. This is not possible until the taking over process is complete and WarpPortal is able to work on client fixes.

That's fine, I can understand how hard some bugs are really tough to tackle sometimes, not just a simple rewording of a code. So do I just earn my way up for that animation changing item for now? Or should I wait until WarpPortal can do something about it. 

#9 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 10 August 2015 - 01:08 AM

Just go on leveling and making gold for now. This is never wrong. :p_smile:

If you spend the earned gold at the end on another item.......who knows. Maybe..... :p_smile:

But having some gold is never wrong in this game, so no matter what happens, you got some more gold to spend.

Plus whenever Poppie says something like "I have an idea"........well, you can be sure he has one. Just wait and see.

I trust Poppie and his statements. I'm sure he will let all of us know about his "idea" once he talked to the production team and it agrees to his "idea".

Edited by Fliederduft78, 10 August 2015 - 01:09 AM.

#10 Razzleluff

Razzleluff

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 10 August 2015 - 02:45 AM

Just go on leveling and making gold for now. This is never wrong. :p_smile:

If you spend the earned gold at the end on another item.......who knows. Maybe..... :p_smile:

But having some gold is never wrong in this game, so no matter what happens, you got some more gold to spend.

Plus whenever Poppie says something like "I have an idea"........well, you can be sure he has one. Just wait and see.

I trust Poppie and his statements. I'm sure he will let all of us know about his "idea" once he talked to the production team and it agrees to his "idea".

Nah I do trust him xD. I'm sure he's a great moderator but I was just wondering if the transfer to WarpPortal + the fix would be something worth waiting for or whether I should just farm myself up xD I think i'll just farm I guess, might take a long time.

Any Gold farming tips for around Lv. 50s?

Edited by Razzleluff, 10 August 2015 - 02:51 AM.

#11 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 03:04 AM

Nah I do trust him xD. I'm sure he's a great moderator but I was just wondering if the transfer to WarpPortal + the fix would be something worth waiting for or whether I should just farm myself up xD I think i'll just farm I guess, might take a long time.

Any Gold farming tips for around Lv. 50s?

I'm not just a moderator, I am DS Fungineer and I work close with the production team. Implementing my idea - if it's accepted - can be realized by the next maintenance. It will be no fix at all, just a workaround with the altered projectile animation, the Tuna weapon uses, but without the need of an IM weapon (and for sure without the need of IM). For sure it will not change any weapon stats. That's what the IM weapons are for.

However the taking over by WarpPortal will still take time, but workarounds like this can be already done.

Edited by Popcorn, 10 August 2015 - 03:06 AM.

#12 Razzleluff

Razzleluff

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 10 August 2015 - 03:25 AM

I'm not just a moderator, I am DS Fungineer and I work close with the production team. Implementing my idea - if it's accepted - can be realized by the next maintenance. It will be no fix at all, just a workaround with the altered projectile animation, the Tuna weapon uses, but without the need of an IM weapon (and for sure without the need of IM). For sure it will not change any weapon stats. That's what the IM weapons are for.

However the taking over by WarpPortal will still take time, but workarounds like this can be already done.

Oh hahaha, awesome as xD. Well I'm glad it could be work out, I think I'll just wait till then. Hopefully it would be done within this year, have some time to spare with all these finals coming up. 

Also, just heads up. That was your 2014th post, something big for your 2015th one?

#13 Homurasan

Homurasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1116 posts
  • Server:You can guess.

Posted 10 August 2015 - 12:25 PM

Razzleluff, please check your messages at the top right-hand corner of this forum page.

#14 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 12:54 PM

Oh hahaha, awesome as xD. Well I'm glad it could be work out, I think I'll just wait till then. Hopefully it would be done within this year, have some time to spare with all these finals coming up. 

Also, just heads up. That was your 2014th post, something big for your 2015th one?

This is now my 2017th post and my idea has been accepted. If everything goes well it will be implemented by the next maintenance.

Edited by Popcorn, 10 August 2015 - 12:54 PM.

#15 ManItsMike

ManItsMike

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 806 posts
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 10 August 2015 - 08:01 PM

Oooh can I guess, Poparooski?
A level 1 IM bow that has one of the aforementioned effects that is obtainable from a quest that gives no stats, and cannot be soulcrafted or enchanted?

:)

#16 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:40 PM

Oooh can I guess, Poparooski?
A level 1 IM bow that has one of the aforementioned effects that is obtainable from a quest that gives no stats, and cannot be soulcrafted or enchanted?

:)

That's close but not quite correct. :) But in the case of an IM weapon no one could buy a fire or water guardian weapon or something like that without losing the fix.

Edited by Popcorn, 10 August 2015 - 10:40 PM.

#17 Razzleluff

Razzleluff

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 11 August 2015 - 02:49 AM

This is now my 2017th post and my idea has been accepted. If everything goes well it will be implemented by the next maintenance.

Alright, that's excellent. Thanks for the quick handling of things!

#18 ManItsMike

ManItsMike

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 806 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 04:11 AM

Awesome. So the base attack animation will be changed, or applied to all weapons?

#19 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 05:46 AM

Awesome. So the base attack animation will be changed, or applied to all weapons?

Basically it will be applied to all weapons, but we don't do it by default, because here are some players with lagging problems. We won't force this altered projectile animation.

For the 1st 20 Levels it will be an IM Ring with no stats. It just changes the weapons projectile animation. Not only for the archer, you can have it with every class if you want to. This Ring can be purchased for 100 gold at the Shop NPC in Odellia. So everyone is able to get it.

Haha ... Just kidding. It will cost 1 copper.  :heh:

After reaching level 20... surprise... :p_hi:

Edited by Popcorn, 11 August 2015 - 05:46 AM.

#20 ManItsMike

ManItsMike

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 806 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 06:24 AM

Interesting. Thanks for the info.

#21 Razzleluff

Razzleluff

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 August 2015 - 01:16 AM

Basically it will be applied to all weapons, but we don't do it by default, because here are some players with lagging problems. We won't force this altered projectile animation.

For the 1st 20 Levels it will be an IM Ring with no stats. It just changes the weapons projectile animation. Not only for the archer, you can have it with every class if you want to. This Ring can be purchased for 100 gold at the Shop NPC in Odellia. So everyone is able to get it.

Haha ... Just kidding. It will cost 1 copper.  :heh:

After reaching level 20... surprise... :p_hi:

Update: The quest to get the IM ring which corrects the shoot down was awesome! I like the effect it came with it. I'm more than satisfied with the correction :). Although is this quest permanent? (as in the ring with the archer's support) Or will it be taken down once the proper fix has been implemented? 

#22 ManItsMike

ManItsMike

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 806 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 01:26 AM

Update: The quest to get the IM ring which corrects the shoot down was awesome! I like the effect it came with it. I'm more than satisfied with the correction :). Although is this quest permanent? (as in the ring with the archer's support) Or will it be taken down once the proper fix has been implemented?

It's been confirmed in the patch notes that it's permanent! Woo-hoo!

#23 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 03:07 PM

Update : As long as you equip then unequip, you will end up with original effect. Shootdown is likely weaker to launch enemies into the air.

#24 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 26 August 2015 - 02:16 AM

Sure thing, the effect is bound to the ring.

Ring off : back to normal projectile animation

Ring on : changed projectile animation effect to ice

Fix works, cause the ice shoot animation is the one that "fixes" the bug. :p_smile:

And I actually like the part that you are able to choose. With this fix you are neither forced to stick to the original animation, nor to stick to playing with the altered animation all the time.

It's a pretty nice "fix" you did there Poppie and the Production Team, yup. :p_smile:

#25 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 03:25 AM

the thing that every time you changed the sense, you have to repeat it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users