Tiki Tuesday Q&A Thread for 8/11 - Bahooka Tiki Lounge - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Tiki Tuesday Q&A Thread for 8/11

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
38 replies to this topic

#1 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 10 August 2015 - 09:39 AM

Ask your questions for this week's show! 

This week I'll be showing off the new 14.3 content in the TT video

Here's the broadcast from last week

#2 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 August 2015 - 11:55 AM

hi Oda,

are we on track to release 14.3 on the main servers this week? it seems like there's still a lot of issues that need to be worked through (particularly around scaling)

Yes, the update is on track to go live this week. 

can we update http://www.playragnarok.com/ for latest things like 14.3 update and august box contents?

Yes

apparently july 4 quest is still in; will it finally be leaving this week?

It will be leaving this week. 

#3 Erydanos

Erydanos

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1159 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 12:08 PM

Hi Oda!  :p_idea:

Is there a reason you guys didn't activate the Dragonhelm quest this spotlight?

Did not have time to get it prepped and checked. Too much 14.3. Us turning on quests without re-working the scripting has caused problems in past implementations. 

Any plans on giving us the Red Beret like you planned this last anniversary? Maybe in a quest from the next holidays.

Definitely possible for the future. 

Also, I have this doubt that's been bugging me: What happens if, after all the God Seals have been released no one makes a God item? Is there some kind of failsafe to reset the seals if a determined amount of time passes, or we just have to wait until someone creates one?

It's open until a God Item gets made. 

Edited by Oda, 11 August 2015 - 09:10 AM.

#4 1392140604170018137

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 839 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 12:22 PM

If you bring in the lunar helm quest please remove pront costume pack; it's been long enough

PCP is leaving this week. 

#5 Varmundt

Varmundt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 506 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 August 2015 - 02:06 PM

hello sir, are we having new spotlight this upcoming maintenance? how about new events or quests like shadow upgrading?

No new Spotlight this week. New events we'll be able to get working on when we have more cleared off of our plate. 

#6 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 02:36 PM

Do you enjoy playing ragnarok?

Yes, though I do not have much skill at playing it past a casual level.

#7 Jeneeus

Jeneeus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2163 posts
  • LocationEden Kitchen
  • Server:Anti-Chaos

Posted 10 August 2015 - 04:02 PM

Majority of my question will come from WoE:TE in Thor or in general:

1. Last thursday PST, there was an announcement that the portals in Realms and dungeons for TE will be fixed but unfortunately, it wasn't fixed, specially in the Kafragarten. The missing portals are in Aldebaran going to Luina Realm and maybe Luina to Kafragarten. Only VIPs can enter the realm only if they talk to the Kafra Employee to warp there. Will you fix that this maintenance?

This will be fixed this week

1. So I read some information about WoE:TE in iROWiki and other websites but it seems the lists are not complete because some items like HP Increase Potion and Enriched Celermine Juice cannot be used inside the agit/castle and both of them are not in the lists and back in pRO both of them are enabled. Are there any more updated lists of disabled items, skills, and others in WoE:TE than the ones in iROWiki?

http://www.playragna...ail.aspx?id=253

#8 kokeshicat

kokeshicat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 886 posts
  • LocationCamp Half-Blood

Posted 10 August 2015 - 06:49 PM

Hello CM Oda. just wanna inquire on the status of moving items of pRO migrants, until when can we transfer our items in the Chaos storage?

since from what i've read it will only be available 4 months starting from the migration date. 

(i'm still unsure of this coz my disconnected characters are finally okay but one of the chars in that account is still unaccessible due to sprite errors so I'm thinking it'll be extended until these bugs are fixed?)

much thanks! 

Since there are still players who need to be fixed or get lost items restored we are not changing Thor storage yet. 

#9 StephenCarl

StephenCarl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts
  • Server:Chaos / Thor

Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:16 PM

Q1: about instance dungeons being returnable.. what i mean is, if it's possible to return on some instance dungeons and continuing where you left of.. ( i.e. if your on the boss part, then you can't re-do the previous parts before the boss ) it wont be abusable this way because whenever you return on the same instance, you'll be continuing only the part that were unfinished when you were disconnected and you don't have to start all over again everytime unless the cooldown within that instance dungeon is finished which takes a day or an hour depending on the instance dungeon....

Q2 : can every costume be enchantable? there are some cute costumes that doesn't come from kitcostume box that should be enchantable.

Q3 : regarding RWC accessories, can you at least implement it to be tradeable for at least 1 day or a few hours? some of our RWC accessories are stuck on a separate account and we cannot use it on our main characters.. probably after all the character problems are fixed ( fallen / DC issues ) ?

Q4 : can we have a socket npc for black devil's mask? and enchanter also for midgears since some of those items were like that ( enchanted and slotted ) 

#10 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach

Posted 11 August 2015 - 12:36 AM

RCX, What is the GM's team stance on this?

I recall renewal it had been replaced by some sort of hook? and RCX was considered outdated and not okay to use.

Please specify for both Classic and Renewal servers.

RCX is legal to use, on both Classic and Renewal. The issue with RCX was the heal slave function that was added on in the past. 

#11 8464131223201318730

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 576 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 07:14 AM

can you guys make mercenary scrolls vendable ? i dont want to sell my precious mercenary underprice from buy-shop people..  :p_sad:

We are not planning to make these vendable. 

#12 Lazaruce

Lazaruce

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2171 posts
  • LocationLabyrinth Inside Forsaken Eternity (L.I.F.E)
  • Server:Thor

Posted 11 August 2015 - 08:03 AM

Hiya Oda !

1) Regarding VIP Storage : If I'm on a VIP , will I be able to keep all storage available for Thor? If not , which one of the 3 storages in Kafras count as the VIP? I noticed that the VIP storage is different from the Kafra storages (When ya open the ones in Mora and Dimension Gap ) I wanna know which one I can permanently use for VIP since I want to separate my gears / supplies / sell-ables

Eventually you'll be able to access one storage if you are non vip, 2 if vip and all if you use a kafra card. 

2) Auto DC : In the event that they cannot fix the character and ya mentioned in the fallenrecovery thread that Auto DC may no have the items restored, can we request for that slot to be free for another creation ? I don't want to bother ya guys anymore if there's an alternative fer it (goodbye sura 150/50 and gears  :sob:)

AutoDC can be fixed, you just need to ticket in for that. 

3) Haven't read the entire tems yet but Is it considered RMT if I sell my Thor items in exchange for WPE ? I am planning to invest a little in Chaos and I should be able to start quicker by buying this month's boxes ( since server xfer is not available atm)

It is not allowed to do so

4) FallenRecovery : In the event that incorrect info was given to you but it was already PM'ed , do we have the chance to rectify it? If yes , may we send another PM or just edit the message ? Should we include the _VA suffix if needed ?

Reply to the message, don't create a new PM please. 

That's all I have for now

Thanks fer all the hard work and patience ! :no1:

#13 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 11 August 2015 - 08:53 AM

@oda
Isn't it disingenuous to call a show "Rocco's Modern Life" when its 20 years past modern? Thoughts?

The title was accurate as of it's airing. It's now Rocko's Postmodern life, a deconstructionist tale. 

#14 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 09:06 AM

Not sure if it was addressed last week, (I missed the stream because of weather) but is it possible to make decarding a value added service?

We're still looking into getting it set up but it would be 10 bucks or more (due to the length of time it would take the GMs to investigate). If the gear was found to be illegitimate and the item confiscated you would be refunded the cost of the decard check. 

#15 Boyenz

Boyenz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 11 August 2015 - 09:06 AM

HI senpai Oda, can we have White drooping eddga on a scroll for Thor?

#16 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 09:09 AM

Not sure if it was addressed last week, (I missed the stream because of weather) but is it possible to make decarding a value added service?

Oda said it'd be 10 bucks. no ETA on when it'll be live though.

#17 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 09:44 AM

Oda said it'd be 10 bucks. no ETA on when it'll be live though.

Awesome, thanks.

#18 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 11:15 AM

Lately, there hasn't been anything new for shadow gear.

Currently, we are only given the Shadow Shields which makes most shields nearly worthless without the Shoes combo. Is there any sort of hint of implementing the other part soon?

Also, I have been making characters on a separate account to level. I feel like I'm missing a pretty big part of my stats if I don't have a shadow set. Is there a way to get an npc that will just give you the +4 to all stats set? Upgrading a default shadow set doesn't make a huge difference and it would be a nice quality of life change for new players as well and introduce them to shadow gears.

Edited by Demeris, 11 August 2015 - 11:39 AM.

#19 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 11 August 2015 - 11:39 AM

I feel like I'm missing a pretty big part of my stats if I don't have a shadow set.

Upgrading a default shadow set doesn't make a huge difference and it would be a nice quality of life change

Just felt like pointing out you are contradicting yourself.

#20 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 11:42 AM

Just felt like pointing out you are contradicting yourself.

YOU MUST FEEL SO GOOD RIGHT NOW! LET ME KNOW HOW ELSE I CAN PLEASE YOU WITH MY FORUM POSTS

The +4 to all stats is what's important. The upgrading for extra hp and ATK, not much so.

Edited by Demeris, 11 August 2015 - 11:44 AM.

#21 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 11 August 2015 - 11:46 AM

All shadow gear. All of them. Add hp/atk, whether they say it in the desc or not. The only value of the event set is the +4 stats. Either its a big deal or its not. You can't say you miss it because its a big deal, then say it should be more common/widely distributed because its not a big deal. That is contradictory.

There is nothing pleasurable about pointing out your flawed logic. You're convincing yourself my motivation isn't even-handed as a self defense mechanism for your ego. Check that at the door please.

Edited by Jaye, 11 August 2015 - 11:49 AM.

#22 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 11:46 AM

laff

#23 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 11 August 2015 - 11:49 AM

We're still looking into getting it set up but it would be 10 bucks or more (due to the length of time it would take the GMs to investigate). If the gear was found to be illegitimate and the item confiscated you would be refunded the cost of the decard check. 

What would happen to Heroic Desocketing Books? Or will you still be able to ticket in for this service using them?

We will be phasing these out, likely with a boxter exchange to eat them up and then discontinue their use. We haven't sold these for a while but there are suspicious numbers of them still around on the servers. 

#24 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 12:03 PM

All shadow gear. All of them. Add hp/atk, whether they say ot in the desc or not. The only value of the event set is the +4 stats. Either its a big deal or its not. You can't say you miss it because its a big deal, then say it should be more common/widely distributed because its not a big deal. That is contradictory.

There is nothing pleasurable about pointing out your flawsed logic. You're convincing yourself my motivation isn't even-handed as a self defense mechanism for your ego. Check that at the door please.

Look at these tpos. Your spelling, so bad, wow. such error.

I can make worthless statements too. You don't realize this Kaddy but you start a lot of unnecessary arguments on forums which makes the forums less friendly and welcoming. This thread is just about asking questions (and sometimes requests) and you come in trying to show some superiority.

Not everyone will make a forum posts catered to your liking. Not everyone will know about secret stats that aren't shown on the item description. So I hope someday you'll realize this and find people you'll have fun playing RO with :)

#25 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 12:05 PM

What would happen to Heroic Desocketing Books? Or will you still be able to ticket in for this service using them?

ideally they just remove all heroic desocketing books from the market when this goes live, or allow heroic desocketing book be used in lieu of the wpe payment (based on conversion rates though, the books would rocket up in price, if the VAS is 10+ dollars).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users