Returning Spear Champ PVM build (images) - Soldier Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Returning Spear Champ PVM build (images)

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 saravon

saravon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 August 2015 - 10:02 AM

Post 1: I returned with the ability to reset stats and skills for 24 in-game hours. I was deciding if I should change weapons, I decided on spear. (level 86)

Edit:  I later learned I am to level quickly with a party and cleric until some higher level above 100. equipment should be upgraded by an artisan or w/e.

I decided to stay with spears, I like how swooshy they are.

I feel that my build is a bit messy, I thought I should simply focus on str and con for now, the usual str until amount you want end game and an amount of con equal your level.

I wonder when I can farm for good accesories possibly.

Previous:

I have a paultry 100 million single penny and I'd be fine with spending all of that on whatever things that could be useful.

What I want most is something to farm money easily. I would also like a good boss hunter but that's not priority. I have no interest in PVP, and I mostly solo, partying is a possibility.

Sword I suppose is straight damage, Spear is Aoe, Axe is to hack at defense with debuffs? My Soldier used to be on Spear Aoe. I've been reading spear aoe is not so great right now.

Current Stats:

jyx6x0o.png

I need to put more in STR I believe.

Edited by saravon, 05 October 2015 - 08:41 PM.

#2 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Arua

Posted 11 August 2015 - 11:35 AM

Might want some sen to increase your crit

#3 saravon

saravon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 08:29 PM

Post 2: I ended up not using this weapon. Keeping it for collection purposes.

I've read these forums and I'm thinking I shouldn't focus on spears as they are weak or something

I have cruddy 50 def accessories and artisan upgraded armor and weapon.

Anyone know what I should look for now?

I picked up this thing for some money

q2RQ74c.png

Edited by saravon, 30 August 2015 - 04:06 PM.

#4 saravon

saravon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 11:43 AM

At level 116:

I'll maybe try to use this topic as my spear champ journal

Uses: Aoe kill stuff, tank, yeah.

Skills:

Common tab:

Maxed: def passive, def debuff (content with them)

1 point in atk debuff (not used as much as def debuff) (used when solo and not buffed)

I haven't obtained any buffs as I think a cleric has better buffs and I don't gain significant str.

2-Hand:

Maxed: atk passives, aspd passive, aoe range passive, sweep skills (aspd passive not priority)

1 point in spear fury, two hand finesse (not priority either)

No single target skills. I just have spear fury for fun, I suppose it is not a recommended skill.

Before level 100, I suggest saving up skill points for passives.

20 sp for attack passives

1 sp for each "dance" aoe (meaning 3 sp)

10 sp for the aoe range passive (less priority than above)

Then throw points into those other skills.

Namely the dances, the attack speed passives, and whatever else.

Stats:

I'm currently pumping STR higher, currently at 220.

I feel like I misplaced points in CHA as I don't use self buffs yet, 1 point in atk selfbuff maybe. A cleric can buff better.

I feel weird having SEN, I suppose good boost in damage against PVM.

CON is at 100, monsters aren't as dodgy as PVP, I'll boost it when I need to.

DEX seems to be at a good level.

Edited by saravon, 19 August 2015 - 10:32 AM.

#5 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 16 August 2015 - 02:28 PM

People go for spear because the aoe range of debuffs, decloak is significantly increase to cover a very large area. To be honest, a friend of mine is a very good spear champ which is good in pvp. I'm not aware how she builds though. Neither is she in the game anymore so yeah...

And also, buffs are actually stronger than the cleric's buff. That is only if you invest some stat into cha. This also increases your debuff power.

#6 saravon

saravon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 11:11 AM

Level 119.

I've been following the stickied spear champion guide which might be a bit outdated.

228 STR, no problems with the build so far.

I put a point each into the +10% atk and +10% def self buffs because cleric hunting is annoying.

When exactly are these buffs stronger than a clerics buff? At max level with 200 CHA?

With these selfbuffs at level 1, is it worth it for me to get more CHA? Like I can make it around 50-80 soon.

I don't think I need the 10% HP buff soon.

These buffs are really useful if you don't access easy access to a cleric.

I was thinking I had DEX a bit too high but I think the good range is between 50-100.

SEN is currently at 50 and it feels comfortable there for now.

Physical Training and Repose aren't worth points currently, perhaps later, the strength passive and selfbuff aren't worth getting yet either I think.

Only caring to PVM, the champion dodge stance seems good to get giving me 248 dodge with 228 STR for just 2 skill points. A champion probably has too low dodge anyway for it to be noticable.

Edited by saravon, 21 August 2015 - 11:39 AM.

#7 saravon

saravon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 04:15 PM

Level 155 Naked stats and skills:
cvtFdM1.png

Spear Fury (2-hand) and Spear Deflection Stance (Champion) are skills that people probably don't recommend. Keeping them at skill level 1 is good enough.

I wanna put points into Victorious Respite (Champion) because the HP recovery is alot (1*character level*skill level) HP recovery for 5 seconds after every kill.

I haven't read much about these new skills.

Edited by saravon, 30 August 2015 - 04:25 PM.

#8 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 31 August 2015 - 04:00 AM

I have Victorious Respite and I like it.

#9 saravon

saravon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 03:30 PM

Victorious Respite is now at level 4, helps a bit in survival, gives cleric less work I guess.

At 173, I think spear champs were supposed to run around while killing things to avoid damage. I think this because of mspeed passives and mspeed debuff. Too much work though. Makes use of the CHA which boosts the STR buff I don't have yet. I'll get that next, 25+ STR for 5 sp.

The spear fury passive (2-hand) at level 1 eventually gives you a buff of 50% aspeed which is nice for 1vs1 if you ever do that.

The running around was used while I was solo kiling arachnids over at sikuku ruins.

This annoying planet is hateful with all the EXTREMELY AGGRESIVE ranged mobs everywhere.

Edited by saravon, 11 September 2015 - 05:43 PM.

#10 saravon

saravon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 06:02 PM

Level 181, STR buff maxed, Victorious Respite maxed, working on maxing Berserk.

I purchased Warrior's Menace at some point previously.

I have 49 more skill points from levels and I'm considering on throwing 20 of them to get the single target attack skill. There is also Champion Training which is too expensive for me to think about.

I regret the points in the self buffs now as there are buff potions which I am creating an artisan to craft. There are also people who sell them for purchasable price and so, the skill points are worth much more than the buff they were spent on. I'm not talking about the STR buff though.

I suppose I'm going for a balanced build going for crit and medium dex. I don't care to build for pvp.

0Ak5odG.png

Edited by saravon, 11 September 2015 - 06:34 PM.

#11 saravon

saravon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 09:14 PM

Level is now 205

I want opinion on some passives vs single target.

There is the HP passive (300*5=1500 hp), the Repose Passive, and the general aspd passive in 2-hand.

I was thinking of not getting these and getting all the single target skills up to Longinus.

Is it worth it? I'm thinking I'll probably just farm dungeons mostly and occasionally kill kings.

I don't have sacrifice either.

Edited by saravon, 26 September 2015 - 09:20 PM.

#12 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 26 September 2015 - 09:33 PM

You know you could always just ask me xD since you've been leveling with me for the last week n a half. 

#13 saravon

saravon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 10:08 PM

@224

I'm looking for recommendations on what equipment and skills to get.

I'm also looking for upgrades that aren't like billions in cost.

I'm grinding CoU for stuff to vend and exp, I don't think I'm welcome to do other dungeons maybe.

I'm thinking to focus on these 2 aspects listed in order of priority.

1. Attack/Skill Power - I was thinking surviving shouldn't be much of a problem, with a cleric and PVM at least.

2. Def/Dodge - Aoe means a lot of things will be hitting you so not dying easily is very much needed.

What I consider less important:

Aspd - this class seems to be skill spam focused so this is probably not important

Crit - needs too much investment but just some crit is worth it I think.

The goal is to create a spear champion that can "carry" and farm all the dungeons.

It seems to be knights or clerics are much more useful in this regard though.

Tanking a whole dungeon as a knight is very much possible and a cleric helps extraordinarily in not dying.

...oh well.

Stat build is balanced with focus on str/dex to maximize attack power and natural defense and a semi-decent amount of sen for crit. The build is PVM so I don't have high con and I have a decent amount of cha to boost buffs/debuffs.

Naked build on cart:

qsCsMVh.png

Offensive stats:

Basic Hardened+Reinforced set~(+10), I don't know what to upgrade to. I suppose I can tank around 30% as well as a good knight currently. I've seen how well good knights can tank.

I switch to a aurum backshield(10) and a 75 dodge asura mask for more defenses (~500def). The cheap spider accessories are pretty good as they provide modifiers for offense and defense for PVM.

5or0TO8.png

Skill options (21 unused skill points @224):

mOAXh2w.png

Don't have yet:

Sacrifice

PVM Longinus(I find myself too lazy to use the normal one)

Champion Training which I'm not willing to buy yet.

I am thinking of getting an evocatus set (an offensive set) and/or shove either str/ap or def/dodge substats on them via scrolls or on some armor set.

Edited by saravon, 06 October 2015 - 01:08 PM.

#14 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 06 October 2015 - 05:23 AM

Let me know what you go with. I was thinking the other Exalted set would be better for a Spear champ, and have been slowly getting the pieces together for mine.

#15 TheRealCaNehDa

TheRealCaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1140 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 09:29 AM

https://forums.warpp...evacates-champ/

^That would be a great set to buy for your champ ;)

also, I wouldn't recommend getting sacrafice on a spear champ, leave the tanking for the knights. 

Edited by TheRealCaNehDa, 06 October 2015 - 09:33 AM.

#16 saravon

saravon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 07:16 PM

I now own an evocatus set, I'm thinking to spend just a bit on some 9th bindrunes, upgrade just a bit, like +3~5, and toss a whole bunch of my valor and spend a long time to craft and make 30ap/75dodge enchantment scrolls.

But I'm incredibly bored of running dungeons all day. Is this it for PVM end game?

#17 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 21 October 2015 - 09:14 PM

End game PvM Consists of mostly the following

1. Cave of Ulverick
  2. Halls of Oblivion
  3. Sea of Dawn
  4. Sikuku Catacombs

Then you have the a-typical King Farming. You can also do the quests in the game. I find them much more funny to do at higher levels anyway, as you don't get stuck killing for a long period of time. 

Lastly, you can start a clan. 

#18 saravon

saravon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 12:53 PM

Eh, I need a break from rose then.

Spear champ seems to be made for aoeing in dungeons and provide aoe in leveling parties.

I don't know of how much of a good idea it is for me to be focusing on my evocatus set and using a bunch of scrolls to give them the 30ap/75 dodge I mentioned. (I'll go look at the stats page on the wiki later)

20 str would give like 12 attack power and other things, 50 crit might be more of a damage boost, aspd would be useful to murder boss class monsters. About my weapon, I'll have to check if the valor spear is better than simply reinforced.

I consider it too expensive for me to use grade 7 Diamonds currently.

Edited by saravon, 22 October 2015 - 12:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users