salehhutomo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • LocationBeside Gramps
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Gramps

Posted 12 August 2015 - 10:57 AM

I'm having problem killing Shadow/Holy monsters with my Caster Kagerou. These mobs have so much damage reduction vs elemental skills. I can 1 shot snowier and ice titan in mid TI, but I have to 4-6 shot one Loli Ruri alone.

Is there any other way to inflicting high damage to them? Or is this a harsh truth and I should just stfu.

#2 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 12 August 2015 - 11:01 AM

Its a similar problem to what warlocks deal with.

Last time I played my caster oboro vs loli ruri, I used snow draft to freeze, then jolt to kill.

#3 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 12 August 2015 - 11:28 AM

Do you have 10 charms on? Or just leave the TI alone and level somewhere else... /heh

If you hybrid, it's pretty much easier to work on. But if you're a pure caster... Then Jaye's suggestion is just as good.

Another variations with charms:

1. Cast 10 Earth Charms on the Lolis/lure them there. There's a good chance they'll get stoned, end their misery with fire skills.
2. Cast 10 Fire Charms on the Lolis/lure them there. There's a good chance they'll burned. Not sure if you'd get the exp/killcounts tho :Y
3. Same as Jaye but use 10 Water Charms instead of Snow Flake Draft.

#4 salehhutomo

salehhutomo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • LocationBeside Gramps

Posted 12 August 2015 - 11:53 AM

Its a similar problem to what warlocks deal with.

Last time I played my caster oboro vs loli ruri, I used snow draft to freeze, then jolt to kill.

I see... but oh boy, i need 17 kagerou skill points in order to get maxed snow flake  :wah: its going to take a while to get them.

Do you have 10 charms on? Or just leave the TI alone and level somewhere else... /heh

If you hybrid, it's pretty much easier to work on. But if you're a pure caster... Then Jaye's suggestion is just as good.

Another variations with charms:

1. Cast 10 Earth Charms on the Lolis/lure them there. There's a good chance they'll get stoned, end their misery with fire skills.
2. Cast 10 Fire Charms on the Lolis/lure them there. There's a good chance they'll burned. Not sure if you'd get the exp/killcounts tho :Y
3. Same as Jaye but use 10 Water Charms instead of Snow Flake Draft.

this seems like a viable way since i'm still low level and don't have many skill points for other ninja skills.

But wouldn't this take a lot of time to cast 10 charms, cast ninja spell, then cast 10 charms again.. and then finishing them off, right?

#5 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 August 2015 - 12:28 PM

Burning DoT will act like being ksed and u loose a part of the exp. I think snowflake draft is a skill to be aimed at when ninja, most your damage comes from flamming petal anyways, wind blade is situational due to its cast delay, and freezing spear damage is horrible even with 10 charms and at lvl 10, i just droped mine to lv5 and blaze shield to 9(have enought cast reduc already, 9 and 10 deal the same amount of hits and damage) then went to snowflake draft with a few oboro jobs. But with enough cast reduction, likely 90%+ u will find it faster to individualy kill every loli ruri with flamming petals, aspd also plays a big role on how fast u can spam your skills( u will always do the hand animation on every cast)

#6 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 12 August 2015 - 01:03 PM

Haha, I've only ran a magic nin just recently after I got all 100% cast reduction gears for my Sorc so I guess my advice won't work for everyone. Try aiming for 100% cast reduc gears asap tho, and aspd is the next thing you'd worry when you have 100% cast reduct. Don't worry, you shouldn't consider about having Phen at all. Just make sure you keep track on your 16th Night duration. As of now, just do TIs on parties. Keep spamming anything you got. This week we got Ray/Flame Skull on mid so make yourself useful by picking up flame skull strays.

EDIT: typo.

Edited by spikexp, 12 August 2015 - 01:04 PM.

#7 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 01:41 PM

90% cast reduction with high int and 16th night is already good enough for cast time, wont be instant be its fast enough so mobs wont be able to break it almost never. Im currently using a 95% cast reduction setup that focuses on the highest dps possible, is beastly

#8 salehhutomo

salehhutomo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • LocationBeside Gramps

Posted 13 August 2015 - 05:39 AM

Yea i was worried that mid TI is going to be hard, but it turns out to be normal. 2x blaze shield is enough to kill a mob running towards you. I am currently using about 90% cast reduc for max damage.

I have another question, is the difference between +7 and +9 RWC knife a lot? I'm still thinking of getting my +7 RWC to +9 but idk if its that important.

#9 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 13 August 2015 - 06:00 AM

+12 knife ! A shogun should have a +12 for sure. Even if he is the type of shogun that lets odd jobs walk all over him and doesn't mind if the word sees him in the buck.

#10 salehhutomo

salehhutomo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • LocationBeside Gramps

Posted 13 August 2015 - 07:42 AM

Oh yes those guys.. Hmmm i see, then i'll take my time to look for a +12. Thanks for the tips people.

#11 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 19 August 2015 - 10:46 PM

heres your issue... youre a caster build... the default "which build is best oh i guess its caster since blah blah blah"... actually throwers are better at dealing with all elements vs casters... holy enemies? endow weapons with shadow via cursed water.... shadow enemies? endow weapons with holy via aspirio scrolls and holy waters... any build which requires a +12 in any gear to efficiently kill enemies is a fail build...

#12 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 03:15 AM

Actually even with +13 gears shadow/holy monsters are a pain in the ass to deal with, speaking from personal experience.
Wish they did fix charm fire boost on explosive dragon :/. Magic is fun, has a lot of single target dps(if not shadow/holy or abusive mdef), but overall throw build succeeds more through the game

#13 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 20 August 2015 - 07:44 AM

Maybe job 60 kag/oboro will have a new magic skill. Allegedly they are working on it, according to oda/camp.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users