3 replies to this topic

#1 Predd

Predd

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 05:59 AM

Hello,

Recently started playing swordsman class and made a Rune knight (117) and a Royal Guard (110). I like playing both but I'm trying to figure out who I want to invest the most of my time. I am looking for an all around fun class that will do well in woe/pvp as well as occasional MVP or monster grinding.

Rune Knight:

I do not like dragon breath. I think it just isnt a fun skill. I also have no god items or kiel cards. Been soloing low TI using BB/IB. It works well. I have enough spendable funds to pay for consumables. Gears are all +9 of whatever I need. I would not be opposed to going DB til higher level for bio4 if needed though. I have +9 TGL EA9 and 2 urs seals 250sp ready to go. AGI crit/aspd has my interest peaked

Royal Guard:

I do not want to be a sacrifice RG in woe/pvp. Been soloing low TI using overbrand. Seems crazy awesome with convertors/aspersio. I like the fact that it is neutral based. I just dont see how this class can excel in pvp/woe without just being a sac slave. How is this end game pvp/woe? 

I really am torn on what class to play. I think the lack of gods/kiel would ruin any dragon breath play I would get out of rune knight. And for royal guard, it just seems like they are used for sacrifice only in late game. What are yall's thoughts?

#2 3452140212150117003

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 811 posts
  • Locationwest prontera
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:dedservRO

Posted 13 August 2015 - 07:27 AM

even if you dont have kiels or gods, DBrk is kinda okay as long as you have elemental advantage. Without elemental advantage, it is kinda depend on your gear. As for rg, i think that their build for pvm and woe are kinda different. CritEB or sacSlave for woe, VP for mvping. 

>DBrk is good for woe-ing and pvm-ing. 
>AgiRk is kinda meh in pvm-ing and woe-ing. But if you know what you are doing, go for it.
>SacRG, i dont really think that they can do pvm-ing that well, unless you play around with stats and go hybrid. And not to mention that your skill point is kinda limited. so it is hard to balance a hybrid build.
>CritEB Rg, the only way you can kill someone effectively in woe. Not sure about pvm tho.

not sure about you, but i prefer agiRK :v

#3 hotel

hotel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1571 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:shock town

Posted 13 August 2015 - 07:33 PM

for pvm, if you have good gears for a physical rune knight it's more fun than an rg imo. if not an rg is better

also, usually even a bruiser rg is more useful in a party than an agi/crit rk, so keep that in mind if you intend on partying at all.

for mvp, they're about equal since neither can handle high tier mvps without mvps/gods themselves.

for woe, unless you have super expensive gears to play an exceed break royal guard both db rk and sac rg revolve around spamming one or two skills for the most part, so it's up to you which you'd prefer. neither are particularly expensive to play at a decent level though, so there's that.

for pvp anything goes really, lol. 

honestly if you're looking for a build that can handle everything, a db rk is the most versatile. otherwise you'll have to pick and choose between pvm/woe

Edited by hotel, 13 August 2015 - 07:34 PM.

#4 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 14 August 2015 - 10:20 PM

"I am looking for an all around fun class that will do well in woe/pvp as well as occasional MVP or monster grinding."

Depending on how you define well here. If you mean which class between these two does well being a punching bag, then RG of course, otherwise RK. I hate to say it but to be an efficient killer in PvP/WoE these days, whether RK or RG, you need OP gears, ie Tao for RK and Hammer for RG. Over all though without MVPs/Gods, RK is better than RG.

Talking about RG in WoE? My RG used to spam VP/OB like an idiot because I learnt this bull-_- from other RG veterans when I started WoE years ago. The truth is, Exceed break all the way. It was easier to play a battler RG in level 150 patch. Well be warned that you will need at least the hammer to be able to do decent damages. Hunting spear is ... meh now. Too long to explain about battle RG here, just dont go down this route *shoots myself in the ass* 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users