[GX] Setsuna's Guillotine Cross Crash Course Guide & Gameplay - Page 3 - Thief Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

[GX] Setsuna's Guillotine Cross Crash Course Guide & Gameplay

• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

#51 irolockongmr

irolockongmr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 286 posts
  • LocationRune-Midgard
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Thor, pRO Valkyrie

Posted 28 July 2016 - 03:57 PM

For RCing, in what situation would you choose Lucky Day over Bear's Power?

@hashtagplus4:

Agreed with @mildcontempt. :p_smile: 

LD is meant for hit/flee/p-dodge bonus. This I suggest for mobs that you have difficulties in tanking as well as for GXs in need of that hit bonuses. 

BP is for purely 100% damage boost. This I suggest for mobs that you could tank as well those you need to kill quickly as well since they hurt a lot  :p_laugh: 

My NCT leveling video used an LD proc. I'll make another one using a BP proc.

When you need more hit/flee/p-dodge or you are rarely getting hit by the mobs and so you are never procing BP. 

Particularly, an LD proc provides a 66 status atk and +20 perfect dodge boost. LD proc chance is higher while BP requires mobs to hit you to proc.

To quote Ash, "BP is more of an offensive choice while LD is for a balanced choice when it comes to RCing". :p_idea: 

So BP only proc when you receive damage? Physical damage only or magical damage too?

Definitely physical damage. Will have to check with magical damage if it proc. :p_smile: 

Edited by SetsunaGmr, 28 July 2016 - 03:59 PM.

#52 irolockongmr

irolockongmr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 286 posts
  • LocationRune-Midgard

Posted 02 August 2016 - 01:52 PM

03AUGUST2016 UPDATE:

MVP Vesper

Spoiler

Airship Raid Instance (125+)

Spoiler

Edited by SetsunaGmr, 02 August 2016 - 02:13 PM.

#53 Ashhen

Ashhen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 04:35 PM

Off all those builds which one is the best for a new player who doesnt have a lot of zeny.

Edited by Ashhen, 07 August 2016 - 04:35 PM.

#54 irolockongmr

irolockongmr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 286 posts
  • LocationRune-Midgard

Posted 09 August 2016 - 05:32 PM

Off all those builds which one is the best for a new player who doesnt have a lot of zeny.

@Ashhen

For Thief -> Assasssin/SinX, I suggest a Pure Katar Crit build

For GX, Pure RC/CRS build because you can have 1 Malicious Thanatos Katar for all around leveling. Then, you'll for another one slotted with AK card for MVPing. Since Thanatos Katar have a 120 level cap, you may use your Quad Malicious Specialty Jur or Double Malicious Krishna paired with Sin Cuffs at the moment.

#55 dagger47

dagger47

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 594 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 09 August 2016 - 09:38 PM

of all those builds which one is the best to make zeny? and can your crit katar build solo to floor 80 et? or would another build ( excluding dd crit) be better?

I have a level 175 gx with 120 str, 120 agi, 90 dex,  35 luk (rc build)  i wana reset to the build that will make me the most zenny, what would you advise?

#56 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 August 2016 - 01:57 AM

All builds can clear the same content -.-

#57 irolockongmr

irolockongmr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 286 posts
  • LocationRune-Midgard

Posted 10 August 2016 - 04:26 PM

All builds can clear the same content -.-

Agreed on this with Ash. It's not only with the build but also on you're skill and your gears as Glt. Cross player to solo ET until the 80th+.floor. It cannot give much input though since I haven't solo ET yet.

of all those builds which one is the best to make zeny? and can your crit katar build solo to floor 80 et? or would another build ( excluding dd crit) be better?

I have a level 175 gx with 120 str, 120 agi, 90 dex,  35 luk (rc build)  i wana reset to the build that will make me the most zenny, what would you advise?

For me its not about making the most zeny, it about the cost of prepping up your Glt. Cross in preparation for the instance you want to farm. I have 3 instance-ready Glt. Crosses but I observed that my DD DA Non-Crit requires less foods and buffs to pump up damage as compared with my DD Crit. While my Pure Katar Crit consumes less weight and space since I only need a Malicious and a Liberation Thana katar. Damage-wise DD Crit trumps among them. 

#58 kramPIE

kramPIE

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 07:26 PM

For me its not about making the most zeny, it about the cost of prepping up your Glt. Cross in preparation for the instance you want to farm. I have 3 instance-ready Glt. Crosses but I observed that my DD DA Non-Crit requires less foods and buffs to pump up damage as compared with my DD Crit. While my Pure Katar Crit consumes less weight and space since I only need a Malicious and a Liberation Thana katar. Damage-wise DD Crit trumps among them.

Can i ask your avg damage with DD DA and do you use different daggers per MVP?

Im a hybrid RC/CRS/Crit doing 7-8k crit on mainhand with the right element converters and im not quite satisfied with my damage.

My stats are 120 agi 90str 90 dex 90luk 87 vit btw

Salamat :ok:

#59 irolockongmr

irolockongmr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 286 posts
  • LocationRune-Midgard

Posted 18 August 2016 - 09:01 AM

Can i ask your avg damage with DD DA and do you use different daggers per MVP?

Im a hybrid RC/CRS/Crit doing 7-8k crit on mainhand with the right element converters and im not quite satisfied with my damage.

My stats are 120 agi 90str 90 dex 90luk 87 vit btw

Salamat :ok:

@kramPIE:

Hi! When it comes to my DD DA Non-Crit damage, the average damage that I can do is a minimum of 20K. The highest I got was 50k. I do use different dagger sets for MVPing but my generic set for now is my Aunoe RWC Knife paired with my AK/Minorous/SkelWorker Ice Pick. 

You can also check my dagger set here in my DD DA Non-Crit video on OGH MVPs

Spoiler

If you want to boost your damage, you can make use of damage modifiers (i.e. property x size x racial x special damage) on your daggers. I saw that you have both DEX and LUK points distributed on your character. Does it mean that you DD DA while proc CRIT damage at some time. It reminds me of my DD DA Non-Pure Crit build  :p_laugh:

#60 kramPIE

kramPIE

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 08:41 PM

@kramPIE:

Hi! When it comes to my DD DA Non-Crit damage, the average damage that I can do is a minimum of 20K. The highest I got was 50k. I do use different dagger sets for MVPing but my generic set for now is my Aunoe RWC Knife paired with my AK/Minorous/SkelWorker Ice Pick. 

You can also check my dagger set here in my DD DA Non-Crit video on OGH MVPs

Spoiler

If you want to boost your damage, you can make use of damage modifiers (i.e. property x size x racial x special damage) on your daggers. I saw that you have both DEX and LUK points distributed on your character. Does it mean that you DD DA while proc CRIT damage at some time. It reminds me of my DD DA Non-Pure Crit build  :p_laugh:

Thanks! :heh:

woah 20k damage mines only 7-8k so i might switch

and one more question/last is rwc knife better than Fql?

#61 irolockongmr

irolockongmr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 286 posts
  • LocationRune-Midgard

Posted 20 August 2016 - 11:06 AM

Thanks! :heh:

woah 20k damage mines only 7-8k so i might switch

and one more question/last is rwc knife better than Fql?

FQL currently trumps other daggers including Crimson Dagger (I think Asch made an assessment of this from one of our threads here). For me, I have both but I'm reserving my FQL for something better. My current RWC Knife is feels like having a drake card on it since it proc Weapon Perfection so the damage output for Big MVPs we handle would be 100% not less.

#62 kramPIE

kramPIE

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 04:11 PM

FQL currently trumps other daggers including Crimson Dagger (I think Asch made an assessment of this from one of our threads here). For me, I have both but I'm reserving my FQL for something better. My current RWC Knife is feels like having a drake card on it since it proc Weapon Perfection so the damage output for Big MVPs we handle would be 100% not less.

So last night i tried switching from my +12chakram+sin cuff combo to a pair of +9fql[2ak] and +9icepickfs14

The result was very good as it is much better than my chakram(-10%hp sucks) and also i can survive till fallen bishop(DA damage is around 12-14k) of et

I do want to switch to 120str and 120agi 100dex but will i be able to still hit mvps?

Thanks for the replies :no1: :no1: :no1:

#63 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 10:09 AM

Keep in mind that if you use an RWC knife (or a crimson dagger) as your main hand weapon, you won't even really need weapon perfection as the overwhelming majority of your attack power will come from eATK (which bypasses size reduction) instead of wATK. 

In those cases, you'll often notice a minor boost in damage when weapon perfection procs. It is still good, but you definitely do not need a drake card if you are using either of those weapons as your primary source of damage. 

#64 tubers

tubers

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 August 2016 - 09:13 PM

Keep in mind that if you use an RWC knife (or a crimson dagger) as your main hand weapon, you won't even really need weapon perfection as the overwhelming majority of your attack power will come from eATK (which bypasses size reduction) instead of wATK. 

In those cases, you'll often notice a minor boost in damage when weapon perfection procs. It is still good, but you definitely do not need a drake card if you are using either of those weapons as your primary source of damage. 

Interesting. Thanks.

I need to learn the differences of these "ATKs" soon. Gets me easily confused.

#65 irolockongmr

irolockongmr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 286 posts
  • LocationRune-Midgard

Posted 31 August 2016 - 12:55 AM

Thanks for clarifying. There are times that that I noticed that my damage from my 3x AK Scalpel as well as my 2x Pom Spider Dessert Twilight (especially when pair with my 2x AK 2x  Minorous card  :ok: 

Interesting. Thanks.

Me too as well  :p_laugh:

#66 Omnipheles

Omnipheles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1151 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Chaos - Renewal

Posted 31 August 2016 - 01:53 PM

Interesting. Thanks.

wATK is the main part affected by EDP (x5). Reduced by size. Gained mainly from base weapon attack. (WeaponATK = ( BaseWeaponATK + Variance + STRBonus + RefinementBonus ) × SizePenalty)

eATK is affected by EDP, but less than wATK (x4). Not affected by size. Gained through gear/card effects mainly.

Status ATK is from your stats and is completely unaffected by EDP. Always neutral unless under Mild Wind. (StatusATK = Floor( BaseLevel ÷ 4 + STR + DEX ÷ 5 + LUK ÷ 3 ))

There are a few more things, but those are the main points I guess.

#67 irolockongmr

irolockongmr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 286 posts
  • LocationRune-Midgard

Posted 01 September 2016 - 05:08 PM

wATK is the main part affected by EDP (x5). Reduced by size. Gained mainly from base weapon attack. (WeaponATK = ( BaseWeaponATK + Variance + STRBonus + RefinementBonus ) × SizePenalty)

eATK is affected by EDP, but less than wATK (x4). Not affected by size. Gained through gear/card effects mainly.

Status ATK is from your stats and is completely unaffected by EDP. Always neutral unless under Mild Wind. (StatusATK = Floor( BaseLevel ÷ 4 + STR + DEX ÷ 5 + LUK ÷ 3 ))

There are a few more things, but those are the main points I guess.

Oh my, MadHatter replied on my post. So starstrucked  :p_laugh:  :p_laugh:  :p_laugh: 
Also, thank for clarifying what ATK is in a nutshell :thx:

#68 xMLGzus

xMLGzus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1117 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 September 2016 - 08:25 AM

Bakonawa RC GX solo Run x2 speed

Not Max gear but still works haha

Edited by xMLGzus, 06 September 2016 - 08:25 AM.

#69 irolockongmr

irolockongmr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 286 posts
  • LocationRune-Midgard

Posted 06 September 2016 - 10:55 AM

Bakonawa RC GX solo Run x2 speed

Not Max gear but still works haha

Thank you for sharing  :p_smile: Haven't tried Port Malaya instances yet  :p_laugh:

#70 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Thor

Posted 10 September 2016 - 09:32 AM

Great guide! I was too confident and didn't read GX guides here until now. I created this GX purely for PVM/MVP to fund my characters but I think I slipped up by adding too much dex  :wah:

Is this build doomed? If not, what should be my stat points end game?  based on your guide it turns out that I've created a Pure Katar Crit Build.

LqdZQLj.jpg

Edited by Usurper, 10 September 2016 - 09:33 AM.

#71 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 11:15 AM

Not at all, you are less focused but still fine. 

My end game general purpose RC build (built around backpack) would be:

str: 120

agi: 100

vit: 90

int: 1

dex: 90

luk: 90

with remaining points in vit/dex. You could also lower agi to 90 and use the 10 in either vit/dex/luk. 

#72 parotonon

parotonon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 11:54 PM

hi, what are the best gears to maximize levelling in NCT? right now i have vana, immune faw fs, temp agi boots, hf thana, and the rest is hit gears. i can manage up to 3 turn-ins per bmx3, 40-50% at level 160, no VIP. i'm willing to take a bit of risk to increase my turn-ins to 5 per bmx3.

#73 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts
  • Server:Renewal - Chaos

Posted 12 September 2016 - 01:32 AM

Has anyone reached 5 TIs on GX in NCT before? You'll probably need specialized gears for NCT, like +12 pecopeco egg thana, temp str with fs enchants, etc.

#74 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 12 September 2016 - 02:22 AM

U dont need that, all you really need is to be lucky with mobs when u fwing

#75 parotonon

parotonon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 04:00 AM

alright thanks, i'll stick with my equips. thought it was doable with 25k+ dmg per RC

Edited by parotonon, 12 September 2016 - 04:01 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users