Gahh Give me some updated tips here!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 2126150704062634297

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 08:40 PM

Seriously, Is rogue REALLY that hard to build? I've been asking around and either no one knows how or no one cares. Can someone PLEASE give me a clear guide on exactly how you build a rogue? An updated one too coz some of the old builds i've seen suggests that one should go full AGI and clearly that's not the right way to build rogue now is it? And skill build too(which i've been scratching my head over the weeks).

I'm not asking to be spoon fed here, i'm just asking for a plate, utensils and a way to hunt my own food. 

So please, PRETTY please can someone help me out here, thanks in advance

#2 9539130505041340330

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts
  • LocationHo Chi Minh City, Vietnam
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 15 August 2015 - 11:51 PM

Just my two cents.................

Rogue is one of the few classes that AGI actually seems to do anything for, but given the way the game has been going it's hard to look past a VIT build for the defence. My rogue is currently a STR/AGI/VIT mix and yeah it's far from ideal so..learn from my mistakes XD

Skill build, definitely max Gangsters Paradise, and Mark of Genocide/Massacre (yeah it shows up differently when you apply it), and I'd max Unstable Doping too. PvE wise at master level Rogues are usually used for luring and dps, so you definitely need 'Rolling Cutter' personally I maxed it because I like the DoT and wanted the extra power for what is a fairly flimsy skill. If you're attacking single targets at the condors, mukas, osi or beyond you're likely to get dropped from the party. Pre-Master level you can get away with being more 'single target at a time' focused. I'd definitely max Cross Impact because it hits pretty hard and the cooldown isn't so bad. You can of course lower your cooldown even further with Vigor hones. PvP maxing dark illusion is very wise too, in a PvE setting though it's gonna have limited useage unless you're soloing stuff or for that initial attack on a boss. Dagger throw is useful to just put a point in for PvE (I use it to lure single targets or if a mummy gets away from the lure in Osi) but I dunno how much it would hit for if maxed if you were looking for a ranged attack for PvP.

Wow doing this from memory without looking at my char's skill build is hard.

Oh yeah you NEED smokebomb regardless of build it's just useful, whether it's worth putting more points into it to reduce the cooldown is up to you. I don't really PvP so I only really use it when I really need to get the heck outta somewhere.

Poison weapon....1 pnt. They way I look at it is it's a nice bonus but there are other skills worth points more than that one.

Crescent Moon is basically your stun, so again PvE vs PvP preference there. Given that it doesn't work on bosses it feels a bit PvP only at ML but before then it can be useful. Moonlight dance is nice no matter what build, for taking huge chunks outta enemies. Again though it's that single target vs multi-target grinding at ML thing, pre-ML you'll probably use it a lot. At Master Level you'll only use it occasionally or in PvP.

So...er...get Dirty Plan too resets are nice.

#3 2126150704062634297

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 05:33 AM

i see... Btw is crescent moon worth maxing? I mean is it really important?

#4 9539130505041340330

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts
  • LocationHo Chi Minh City, Vietnam
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 16 August 2015 - 06:10 AM

For me Crescent Moon comes down to the old PvP vs PvE debate. I'm PvE focused and hardly ever use it, however if you were PvP focused then the ability to stun an opponent becomes pretty vital. Personally I use moonlight dance a lot more. It's as I've said most of 'Master Level' you'll be dealing with multiple mobs at a time and thus not use your 'single target' skills often. The time you will use those will be in boss battles where Crescent Moon doesn't work, but something like 'Gangsters Paradise' and 'Dirty Plan' you are gonna use. Actually Dirty Plan is another one you might want to look at maxing in a PvP build to get the cooldown reduced (thinking WoE rather than 'duels').

I kinda look at rogue like this, I want something that by the time I'm lvl 50 can single hit or near enough single hit one of the mobs in the master level test then I can pass easily, before that I'm looking at taking down mobs in the most efficient way when I'm going solo and also surviving the encounter. At Master Level it's all about AOE, as Rogues don't have that Sin uber speed were usually extra dps (stand in the middle and spam rolling cutter) but we do sometimes lure (which may make you want to go VIT build for the extra HP). Other than that it's if you're in a guild that participates in WoE or plan on getting into that's when you're going to start getting into 'maxing stuns' and 'reducing cooldowns on skills and skil resets'.

Like I maxed Rolling Cutter because I wanted to do 'decent' damage in ML parties, but honestly as long as you have it who's really gonna notice right ? Those are valuable points that could be put into Moonlight Dance or Crescent Moon if you're thinking PvP end game.

[UPDATE]

I also maxed the combo passives, cos .....useful :)

Edited by 9539130505041340330, 16 August 2015 - 06:13 AM.

#5 Pacol

Pacol

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 10:02 AM

Rogue is quite powerfull class in PVP because they can one hit KO other class out of hide, with Mark of Death-Smoke bomb-dirty plan then moonlight dance. you can try my rogue's build for pvp,

http://www.roguard.n...51536150395a0a/

#6 2126150704062634297

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 09:33 PM

hmm.. Is MOD good for pve too? Coz i dont know if i should get it maxed or not. I'm planning to make a balanced rogue in both pvp and pve. Thanks for the guide pacol, so that's a normal pvp build i presume? I'm gonna try alter it to fit to pve too...

#7 Tenderloin

Tenderloin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 02:26 AM

hmm.. Is MOD good for pve too? Coz i dont know if i should get it maxed or not. I'm planning to make a balanced rogue in both pvp and pve. Thanks for the guide pacol, so that's a normal pvp build i presume? I'm gonna try alter it to fit to pve too...

endgame rogue is very strong , they can oneshoot my monk 45k defense with 70k HP , for pve and pvp max vit is the best choice because str and agi is useless , just increase your penetration for damage , pve skill is a good stamina mobbing monster ,very boring and waste of time

#8 Pacol

Pacol

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 03:12 AM

Mark of death is like free power 40 for rogue, that is quite good for pvp and pve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users