Menniemen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Arua

Posted 16 August 2015 - 10:15 AM

Hi Roserians

I was having some issues with class building. Does the percentage of the critcal damage increase after 50%, or is it capped?

I honestly want to know, because you can increase the Critical Rating itself, (when you hover over 'Critical') but the Critical % won't increase.

(P.S. Maybe move this thread to the General Discussion, because like no one is 100% sure how the Critical works?)

Edited by Menniemen, 16 August 2015 - 10:33 AM.

#2 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 16 August 2015 - 02:33 PM

Hi Roserians

I was having some issues with class building. Does the percentage of the critcal damage increase after 50%, or is it capped?

I honestly want to know, because you can increase the Critical Rating itself, (when you hover over 'Critical') but the Critical % won't increase.

(P.S. Maybe move this thread to the General Discussion, because like no one is 100% sure how the Critical works?)

Yes you're right, crit "percentage" caps off at 50%, but the critical rating is the exactly amount of crit you have. Most people would refer to crit rating in pvp fights because the person with more crit rating will likely be crit more than the other.

So basically crit works both defensively and offensively, if you have more crit, you are likely to get crit less. And if you have more than the other, you will crit the person you're attacking more.

#3 Menniemen

Menniemen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 16 August 2015 - 08:40 PM

Thanks for the reply Katsura, I was really confused by this stat.

Also, would be a good idea if they would add this kind of 'hints' to the game, it's more useful than the actual ones.

#4 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 16 August 2015 - 09:32 PM

The only thing I don't like, is that in a 1v1 if the enemy even has 1 more crit rating than you, you will never crit them. It's a flawed system in my book. 

#5 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 17 August 2015 - 10:08 AM

Critical Chance, is capped at 50%. This means, at best you have a 50% chance your attack will be a critical one.

Critical Damage, does not have a cap. This stat means, in the event of a Critical Hit, the standard damage that would be applied after defenses, is increased by the amount indicated.

Thanks for the reply Katsura, I was really confused by this stat.
Also, would be a good idea if they would add this kind of 'hints' to the game, it's more useful than the actual ones.

I'll see about updating the tooltip, when hovering over the Critical stat, to state 50% is the cap. That is a good suggestion. :)

The only thing I don't like, is that in a 1v1 if the enemy even has 1 more crit rating than you, you will never crit them. It's a flawed system in my book.

Indeed it is, which is why we've been working to develop an update for it that separates the single stat dependency for critical and critical defense. However, implementation is slow due to the many other projects that are being tasked as a higher priority.

#6 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 12:21 PM

At least you're aware of it. Thanks for the acknowledgement. 

#7 MonnaLise

MonnaLise

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 550 posts
  • LocationUnder a suspended load
  • Server:The one with Free Premium

Posted 17 August 2015 - 05:08 PM

How Critical Works: Every 25 Critical is about 1% Critical Chance. Critical % Chance can not reach over 50% above your opponents.

Example1: I have 50% Critical and you have 50% Critical. It means Critical will never appear because you both have the same amount.
Example2: I have 5% Critical and you have 7% Critical. It means you will have a 2% chance over me to critical. (I wont be able to critical you because I will have a (-)2% chance and that does not make sense)

From exaltion's guide

Leonis can u please confirm this if this is right.

Edited by MonnaLise, 17 August 2015 - 05:16 PM.

#8 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 03:21 AM

^ That's correct mona. 

#9 MonnaLise

MonnaLise

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 550 posts
  • LocationUnder a suspended load
  • Server:The one with Free Premium

Posted 22 August 2015 - 04:31 PM

And yea i just tested it.

Im getting to understand how to build my pvp chars after being a reader on forums. At first i really have no idea, and just follow what my friend tells me what to do.

Im building my dual swords and 2handed sword with 50% critical rating (IM passive + 190 sen buff + base stats + gears). And thats the first fact i needed so my analysis wont go to waste. And yea i managed to reach at 53% (so thats 50%). With the recent changes in berserk-eva-freeze skills i am forced to go on a crit build. Im trying to build my cleric on a 50% rating too, but i think i wont make it.

Im just bit disappointed about the class reps on the classes i play, you know.

#10 fruestrated

fruestrated

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 11:04 PM

Y im have 50% crit rating mine axe champ and enemy rider 50% also but still crit me?

#11 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 05 September 2015 - 06:34 AM

Y im have 50% crit rating mine axe champ and enemy rider 50% also but still crit me?

the crit rating is a solid number for when you hover your mouse over the crit rating. Crit rating PERCENTAGE is capped off at 50%

#12 iMatt

iMatt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1539 posts
  • LocationMunich, Bavaria
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 05 September 2015 - 06:46 AM

Hi,

I hope this simplified formula will help you:

AttackerCriticalChance = (AttackerCriticalRating - DefenderCriticalRating) / AttackerBaseCriticalRating * 100 then the game makes a random roll to decide if you crit or not (ofc the number you get out of the formula = capped at 50%)

Greetings!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users