Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 17 August 2015 - 03:11 PM

Patch Notes v579

Event Update - Magical Box of Friendliness is now more friendly!

As noted from last restart, the rates of the Magical Box of Friendship has been increased both in drop and yield rates.

Now that we've had the chance to have a proper maintenance, here are the rest of the changes!

Magical Box of Friendliness, no longer has failures! Reviewing some feedback, we saw it was an unhappy thing to constantly open a box and get nothing from it. It's disappointing, especially based on an event of friendship. So the box has been made friendlier and will now yield something every time it is opened, as follows:

• Delightful Costume Box (as usual)
  • 1-2 Magical Coupons
  • As a friend, you want to be given a second chance, so you can also receive another Magical Box of Friendship as a second try to getting something cool.
  • Honey (Character Locked, 50% HP Food Restorative)
  • Plum (Character Locked, 50% MP Food Restorative)

Additional Notes

• Using the Gold and Silver Keys from the Item Mall will still behave as before, and guarantee you an item from within the Delightful Costume Box as indicated already.
  • Because of the now immediate availability of Magical Coupons, we've reduced their value significantly to prevent high amounts of zulie from flooding the economy.

Client & Server Updates

• Numerous backend optimizations have been made to improve server performance under high loads. (More lag improvements, joy!)
  • Updated Vend Zulie Limit to be a much larger value than before, to help cater to high value items.
  • You may now vend up to 1,000,000,000,000,000z (That's 1 quadrillion zulie!! Go nuts!)
  • By request, we've increased the system tray message size by 2 lines to help with reading large messages that may come from quests, NPC shouts or other like announcements.

Bug Fixes

• Corrected issue with clan window not sorting clan members by name correctly.
  • Corrected issue with item deletion process not exchanging storage items correctly.

#2 EmoCutt

EmoCutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1963 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 17 August 2015 - 03:27 PM

:p_love: :p_love: :p_love: :p_love: :p_love:

#3 MonnaLise

MonnaLise

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 550 posts
  • LocationUnder a suspended load
  • Server:The one with Free Premium

Posted 17 August 2015 - 03:45 PM

Where is Calanor

#4 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 03:48 PM

Sorry to say Roserians, bad news. During our maintenance, it seems something of a hardware malfunction has occurred. No data is in danger, nothing was lost, but the process being interrupted requires someone to physically go to the servers and take a look at what happened. This will add a minimum of 2 hours to our expected down time. I will keep you all informed on any updates I receive.

#5 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 17 August 2015 - 04:32 PM

Lmfao, I have to work during the whole event, and now I have a day off when the server get kicked in the trash sack. Yay.. 

#6 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 17 August 2015 - 05:00 PM

Patch Notes v579

• You may now vend up to 1,000,000,000,000,000z (That's 1 quadrillion zulie!! Go nuts!)

Wow, I don't think this is going to help the rose economy at all.

• Corrected issue with item deletion process not exchanging storage items correctly.

I don't quite understand this one. What exactly was happening?

#7 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 17 August 2015 - 05:01 PM

They never said they were going to help us, or want to. The economy is up to us to work, them flooding it with crap is apparently our problem. 

#8 Menniemen

Menniemen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 17 August 2015 - 05:21 PM

Well, that they made the Zulie-vend cap higher does not really hurt us. I guess it's only useful for Faith items and stuff. When 'normal' stuff gets overpriced, nobody will buy it anyway.

#9 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 05:36 PM

Status update: We're not entirely sure what happened, but whatever it is, forced us to have to send someone to the physical servers to take a look. They're currently at the servers looking in to them. I've been informed everything is online, however we are still unable to complete the maintenance so more investigation is taking place. No estimation can be provided anymore, because of the unknown elements that are involved. I will try to keep giving updates from this point on as frequently as I receive them.

Lmfao, I have to work during the whole event, and now I have a day off when the server get kicked in the trash sack. Yay..

That's really is a shame. I feel like the servers were just waiting for me to return from being sick all last week to go down once I returned.

Wow, I don't think this is going to help the rose economy at all.

It isn't necessarily going to help with the economy, more than it will assist with higher priced trades in a more secure and convenient manner. This was a player requested feature implementation and implementing was hardly any effort taken from the major projects currently under task.

I don't quite understand this one. What exactly was happening?

Basically, we found a bug where some items, if they were needed to be converted or removed from game play, weren't properly converting/removing themselves from storage.
The primary example of these would be, the various types of Catalysts, that were simplified some time ago, but it seems some of those middle tiers still existed and were not properly converted over to their newer types. The bug was found that was preventing them from being converted over, that is all. :)

#10 achibea

achibea

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 August 2015 - 05:40 PM

DAMN...... I SKIPPED 3 SUBJECTS HOPING THE SERVER WILL BE UP............................. GUESS NOT. I'M OUT~

#11 MonnaLise

MonnaLise

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 550 posts
  • LocationUnder a suspended load
  • Server:The one with Free Premium

Posted 17 August 2015 - 05:50 PM

DAMN...... I SKIPPED 3 SUBJECTS HOPING THE SERVER WILL BE UP............................. GUESS NOT. I'M OUT~

i skipped one :heh:  i thought im just the only one LOL.

i had to wake up early so that i can play, then realized that there are 2 more hours for the server to go up, then now... i should have went somewhere else T_T

#12 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 06:05 PM

Looks like we're going to be bringing the servers back online soon, whatever happened has been resolved so we can at least continue with finishing the maintenance.

#13 nivram

nivram

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • LocationBacoor, Cavite Ph.

Posted 17 August 2015 - 06:09 PM

haha so cute . .
Well you are indeed :D

#14 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts
  • LocationHanoi, Vietnam - GMT +7

Posted 17 August 2015 - 06:27 PM

Could you please make chat dialog resizeable? :p_swt:

#15 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 06:31 PM

Could you please make chat dialog resizeable? :p_swt:

Could you be a little more specific on what you're asking to be resizable?
Are you referring to the font, window size, or something else perhaps? :)

#16 nivram

nivram

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • LocationBacoor, Cavite Ph.

Posted 17 August 2015 - 06:35 PM

ok patching. .  

#17 DmCHaru

DmCHaru

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 06:39 PM

So servers are still not up yet right?

#18 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 06:44 PM

So servers are still not up yet right?

The servers are being brought online right now, you will not be able to connect until we open the servers to the public, after some initial checks of our own.

#19 DmCHaru

DmCHaru

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 06:46 PM

The servers are being brought online right now, you will not be able to connect until we open the servers to the public, after some initial checks of our own.

i mean, i was so scared, like during the launch for rose, Like the Login, character, and Arua shows red dots instead of green dots, so i was like, omg wtf LOL

#20 Menniemen

Menniemen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 17 August 2015 - 06:50 PM

Think it will probably take max. 15 minutes till it's up for public again.

Also, I ALWAYS get an 'open Skill_List error' after every patch, so get ready to do a 'check all'

Only takes 1 minute though.

Edited by Menniemen, 17 August 2015 - 06:52 PM.

#21 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts
  • LocationHanoi, Vietnam - GMT +7

Posted 17 August 2015 - 06:53 PM

Could you be a little more specific on what you're asking to be resizable?
Are you referring to the font, window size, or something else perhaps? :)

Certainly.

I was referring to the window size. Because me and many of my friends play on windowed mode. (I personally use 900x600)

as our screen is kinda small, so I'd love to see the resizable chat dialog. I usually have to drag it all the way to the corner and hide it for more space on the screen ^^.

By the way, I would like to be able to click the area after you minimize the minimap. At the moment, even if you minimize the minimap, you can't click there.

I've played around with the XML files but I can't read them all, in the end I screw up everything, I had to restore to the original files. :p_sad:

#22 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 07:12 PM

Okay everyone.

Servers are UP!

#23 achibea

achibea

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 August 2015 - 07:16 PM

Okay everyone.

Servers are UP!

Yyayyy*crying*

repatching wee

#24 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 07:16 PM

Certainly.

I was referring to the window size. Because me and many of my friends play on windowed mode. (I personally use 900x600)

as our screen is kinda small, so I'd love to see the resizable chat dialog. I usually have to drag it all the way to the corner and hide it for more space on the screen ^^.

By the way, I would like to be able to click the area after you minimize the minimap. At the moment, even if you minimize the minimap, you can't click there.

I've played around with the XML files but I can't read them all, in the end I screw up everything, I had to restore to the original files. :p_sad:

Thank you for the clarification. :)

Resizing may prove difficult, but it is something we would like to see as well. ROSE was build under a very old code originally and while we strive to update many aspects and features of it, some remain more difficult to "redo" than others. It is still something we would like to see happen though so be assured it is on our wish list to do.

As for the area of the minimized, minimap, we'll see if something can be done about that. It is quite annoying. :mad:

#25 damondose

damondose

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 07:18 PM

whooo thanks!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users