• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Arjay

Arjay

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 09:57 PM

My current build on my level 93 paladin is 90 str 50 agi 30 int and 57 dex rest is 1. I still have some stats points left over unused. I have level 10 Faith, 10 Holy Cross and 10 Spear quicken. Im aiming for pure PVM/MVP RG and just wondering if my stats and skills are right.

1. Should i reset and make a GC vit build to Cannon spear/Overbrand or just stay on my Agi Holy Cross guild to Banishing point.

2. Which one is faster to 99 GC or HC. Currently getting 17-19k exp per kill in kunlun dun using HC.

3. I have a +7 Hellfire with 9FS. Should I buy a good Hunting spear or just wait till Imperial spear?

Thank you in advance.

#2 KirinKishi808

KirinKishi808

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 984 posts
  • LocationThe Silver State Union
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos / Sakray

Posted 17 August 2015 - 11:02 PM

1. You dont have to reset it. Just add more AGI until you get about 70, put some points to DEX if you miss when you hit. What about your VIT btw?

The reason for AGI is that so you can spam HC faster which mean faster kill. Grand Cross is terrible as fcck, do not use it lolz (except if you plan to suicide and reset your EXP)

2. HC with high AGI/STR

3. Just wait for Imperial Spear. Your Hellfire have a very good enchant compared to mine.

Edited by KirinKishi808, 17 August 2015 - 11:03 PM.

#3 Arjay

Arjay

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 11:10 PM

1. You dont have to reset it. Just add more AGI until you get about 70, put some points to DEX if you miss when you hit. What about your VIT btw?

The reason for AGI is that so you can spam HC faster which mean faster kill. Grand Cross is terrible as fcck, do not use it lolz (except if you plan to suicide and reset your EXP)

2. HC with high AGI/STR

3. Just wait for Imperial Spear. Your Hellfire have a very good enchant compared to mine.

Now i have

90+14 str

69+6 agi

1+7 Vit

30+6 int

57+6 Dex

1+1 Luk

so Just add one more on agi then dex? about how much dex? 

Im grinding on kunlun atm is there a better place to go to with bmx3? or staying there (i think its still spotlight in kunlun) is the fastest? 

#4 KirinKishi808

KirinKishi808

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 984 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 11:36 PM

For now its best if you get 70 AGI and 60-70 DEX. And after that put some VIT if you have some more points at 99. You need at least 50 VIT if you dont want to die in mid TI since you will mainly become a puller/tanker for party.

I've never go to kunlun, but if you are talking about kunlun dungeon then I think its the best right now since its in the spotlight + the monsters are lvl 90++

#5 Arjay

Arjay

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 10:34 PM

thanks for the reply. I just hit 99/70 and you are right HC is really really fast specialy BB dark priest with BMx3 and low ti. now that im about to go RG. all I see is 175/50 guides. what do you do for young 3rd job. what gears to get and what skills to get first

#6 KirinKishi808

KirinKishi808

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 984 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 03:16 AM

In case you are still lvl 99 when you become RG, you can play around with resetting skill point with Hypnotist NPC in prontera to get a rough idea how RG skills works.

My skill development steps are; get Overbrand lvl 5 > Shield Spell lvl 1 > Banishing Point lvl 10 > Inspiration lvl 5 (these are PVM/MVP skill build) and the rest are up to you what skill point to put into.

http://irowiki.org/~himeyasha/skill4/ <<< to test your skill build

Depending on your financial situation, save up some zeny to buy Imperial Spear(10-15M) & Imperial Guard(3M~). Maybe buy a Temporal STR boot with FS enchant if you want to go offensive & Variant boots for defensive.

Get FAW/HBP/Nyd Shadow Garb carded with Raydric card if you still dont have one.

#7 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 August 2015 - 11:19 AM

GC is great but there don't seem to be many maps where it'd be awesome in before Loli Ruris.

This one looks good, but can't confirm if you can enter this without being in a guild that owns it: http://db.irowiki.or...info/gld_dun04/

#8 Arjay

Arjay

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 12:00 PM

In case you are still lvl 99 when you become RG, you can play around with resetting skill point with Hypnotist NPC in prontera to get a rough idea how RG skills works.

My skill development steps are; get Overbrand lvl 5 > Shield Spell lvl 1 > Banishing Point lvl 10 > Inspiration lvl 5 (these are PVM/MVP skill build) and the rest are up to you what skill point to put into.

http://irowiki.org/~himeyasha/skill4/ <<< to test your skill build

Depending on your financial situation, save up some zeny to buy Imperial Spear(10-15M) & Imperial Guard(3M~). Maybe buy a Temporal STR boot with FS enchant if you want to go offensive & Variant boots for defensive.

Get FAW/HBP/Nyd Shadow Garb carded with Raydric card if you still dont have one.

I already have a +7HBP with ray and +7 Imperial spear but no cards yet. I dont know what to put in it. thinking of putting a AK. and is imperial shield better than valk shield? Im thinking of getting temporal boots but I cant seem to put more stats point pass 99. do i need  to wait level 100? currently using bsb shack combo.

#9 Erydanos

Erydanos

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1159 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 12:25 PM

AK for MVP purposes in your Imperial Spear.

Temp Boots require a base 120 stat, unfortunately you won't have enough points until around lv 115-ish. (If you try to get 120 in a stat  very earlier, you might lose in the other stats)  You can use the irowiki calculator to play around the stats at certain exp levels so you can plan the progress of your stat allocation.

#10 Arjay

Arjay

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 04:20 PM

AK for MVP purposes in your Imperial Spear.

Temp Boots require a base 120 stat, unfortunately you won't have enough points until around lv 115-ish. (If you try to get 120 in a stat  very earlier, you might lose in the other stats)  You can use the irowiki calculator to play around the stats at certain exp levels so you can plan the progress of your stat allocation.

Im making a pure pvm/mvp RG. should I put a Archer Skeleton on my +7 Imperial spear? or is it a waste.

#11 Erydanos

Erydanos

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1159 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 05:02 PM

Im making a pure pvm/mvp RG. should I put a Archer Skeleton on my +7 Imperial spear? or is it a waste.

Mmmm...I'm following Hayroh's RG General PvM/MvP Build:

https://forums.warpp...uildsguide-iro/

Just  go through the blue titles in his post until you reach the MVP one. You'll find some gear suggestions, the mechanics of Vanishing Point, the mechanics of Inspiration, some videos of MVP RG's, a skill build, a sample stat build and some pointers on ASPD for MVP'ing.

Disregard the Godly equipments on the gear suggestions since you're starting, you'll have enough time to sell your soul later for them.

As for the AK vs the AS in your Spear...personally I would try to stack as much ranged damage via the rest of the gears and use an AK card for the spear with the most powerful level of EA enchants. but dunno...maybe someone else would give better input.

#12 mrricebox

mrricebox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2194 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Canada

Posted 19 August 2015 - 05:28 PM

You shouldn't look at Temp Boots for a long while, until you're far past 125 because putting all your points into 1 stat early on is a waste. I'd rather invest more into your 4 core stats first (Str, Agi, Vit, Luk) until they're all at least 90 for the HBP effect or else you'll feel yourself that certain aspects of your PvMing is lacking.

For now, slap on a pair of Variants because your SP pool in the beginning stages of a RG isn't great, especially if you plan to level with OB/VP/CS. I would hit Job 15 before leaving lvl99 because you want OB 5 before entering mid TI. After that you can invest into VP10 or CS5 depending on your needs.

As for your spear, personally I would slot your Imperial Spear with AK as it's your primary MvP weapon. If you plan to level with CS a lot then I would prepare two spears, one with AS and another with AK. Otherwise, if you plan to mainly use OB then I would get a Brocca with a decent upgrade level and FS enchants because the pierce effect outdamages high ATK weapons in most situations.

#13 KirinKishi808

KirinKishi808

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 984 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 06:46 PM

My current leveling skill right now is Overbrand, due to that I put a Hillslion card (ATK +25) since AS increase just a portion of it and AK wont increase its damage if I'm not fighting Boss class monster. Putting more FS enchant is also a good idea.

Imperial Guard is a shield specially designed for RG. You can put few racial card in it since its cheaper than Valk shield. But if you can afford buying 10 Valk shield and put every single racial card in it, then go ahead. You can also consider getting a Valk shield + Hodremlin card for universal use.

The main reason I like Imperial Guard is because of Shield Press damage buff. I can do 6-8k with my lvl 3 Shield Press which is higher than my lvl 5 VP(4-5K) but lower than my OB(18K~). Plus they got higher def compared to valk shield (120 def vs 80 def) but Valk shield is better in term of elemental resistance.

I dont have 120 STR yet but I wear Temp STR with FS7 & Muscle Fool enchant. MF can give +1000 def when it proc and FS7 gives you more ATK to kill the mobs faster.

Compare that to a variant boots, you will take more time to kill your mobs and take more damage. Plus HP/SP consumables doesn't seem like a problem to you, then why not go full offensive?

Btw my RG also wears HBP too and my stats are build based on it.

And I only wear variant boot when I'm in mid TI and someone needs my Sacrifice skill (defensive mode).

#14 hotel

hotel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1571 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:shock town

Posted 19 August 2015 - 08:30 PM

imperial spear is best as an mvp weapon, so definitely AK. AS would be a huge waste imo and would probably devalue it quite a bit. 

but AK card isn't very good for leveling, which is why i never recommend new rgs buy an imperial spear since for leveling purposes there are a lot of better spears that are significantly cheaper. for sustain a thanatos spear is beyond awesome right now

#15 Arjay

Arjay

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 06:53 AM

I made a +7 hunting spear and working on it to have at least 10FS. what card should I put in it? mainly using OB now soloing mid TI.

also I have 2 slotted rwc ring with -_- stats except for 2FS each ring. im trying to get atleast 4FS on each and str stats dont want to spend a fortune on getting perfect stats. what card should I put in the two rings.

for headgear I always use WPH + alarm combo so I can tank mobs. should I invest on a rideword/vanagard helm? atm I just spam blue pots/straw for sp im thinking of getting RWH/vanagard but im not sure if +0 would be enough. I dont have the funds to get it +9 atm. and if Im gonna get a vanagard +0 its price is just a few million away from +9 RWH. should I just get the +9 RWH? and if I do I dont see myself using it aswell because ill be tanking mobs 90% of the time and need to spam pumpkin pots.

and do earth deleter card works on OB? im thinking of getting a orleans gown with earth deleter so OB cant be interrupted and I get mana back. so that saves me a phen, RWH/vanagard helm and plus I can still use WPH combo. thoughts on this?

Edited by Arjay, 21 August 2015 - 07:39 AM.

#16 hotel

hotel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1571 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:shock town

Posted 21 August 2015 - 01:38 PM

best card for leveling would probably be a hunter fly, although with a witch pumpkin hat you may not need the hp leech. 

yes it's worth it to get a +9 rideword hat, default it when casting overbrand and switch to the wph when you need to pot up. also do get an earth deleter orlean's gown, it's pretty decent for sp. get an incubus pet too and the only consumables you'll be using are pumpkins.

#17 mrricebox

mrricebox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2194 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 01:47 PM

Tbh, I'm really not a fan of the hunting spear simply because it's heavy and has a whopping enchant multiplier of 4. When you start fighting higher level monsters, a Brocca will outdamage it by far, which is why I highly suggest that as your main OB weapon. I've played around with it a bit and I found the Pierce effect way more valuable than a high ATK weapon. The only downside is the lack of slot, but you end up paying it little attention in the end. If you need the SP leech grab yourself an Incubus pet instead of a HF Hunting Spear.

Also for your accessories grab a couple of Medal of Honor (Swordman)s, they're much cheaper and do the trick rather nicely, unless you have a couple billion to spend on perfect enchants.

#18 Arjay

Arjay

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 05:25 PM

Tbh, I'm really not a fan of the hunting spear simply because it's heavy and has a whopping enchant multiplier of 4. When you start fighting higher level monsters, a Brocca will outdamage it by far, which is why I highly suggest that as your main OB weapon. I've played around with it a bit and I found the Pierce effect way more valuable than a high ATK weapon. The only downside is the lack of slot, but you end up paying it little attention in the end. If you need the SP leech grab yourself an Incubus pet instead of a HF Hunting Spear.

Also for your accessories grab a couple of Medal of Honor (Swordman)s, they're much cheaper and do the trick rather nicely, unless you have a couple billion to spend on perfect enchants.

So should i just ditch my hunting spear and just get a brocca? i probably spent 50m on it. I have the funds to make a good brocca but want to know if its worth it or the difference between the two spears is not that much.

well i just made a +6 brocca (ran out of zeny for safe to +7) and manage to put FS6 Sharp4 on it. I dont see much different in damage comapare to hunting spear (+7 with same enchants no cards). Soloing mid TI atm.

Edited by Arjay, 21 August 2015 - 07:39 PM.

#19 mrricebox

mrricebox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2194 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 07:50 PM

You'll notice when the mobs get stronger and have higher DEF, especially scarabas since they love using that unlimited stone skin -_- . Hunting Spear is more for tighter budgets, but I'm a guy that likes to invest more towards the bigger picture aka endgame, so I spend the money that would be directed to the HS towards the Brocca. Besides, your future +12 Imperial Spear will have more ATK then your current HS regardless of its card so don't worry too much.

Also that's a pretty nice enchant, mine got FS5/Sharp 5. This should be good enough to last you, but if you have the funds to try to get perfect enchants then by all means go for it.

#20 RaohSung

RaohSung

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 01:56 AM

To be honest, Brocca is the most overrated Spear in Renewal for RGs. It has limited uses and HS and IS are mostly better option in almost every situation.

#21 Arjay

Arjay

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 02:57 AM

different opinions. cant decide. money getting wasted... pros and cons please?

#22 hellokitty

hellokitty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 06:28 AM

Imperial spear!you will be using it and probably will be your main weapon :)) so invest on a good one instead of wasting money on other spears

#23 3452140212150117003

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 811 posts
  • Locationwest prontera
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:dedservRO

Posted 22 August 2015 - 06:44 AM

i use +9 hunting spear with fs10. I carded mine with +20 atk card (forget that card name :v). But i think i should carded it with size card for mid or large for universal use (large might better than mid, since most mvp is large). There arent really that many mob with high def that you can use brocca on. Even if there is one, you can always increase your damage with converter and the difference is kinda meh. Plus, you can use it for EB because of the weight. If you want to use it for EB, go with mid size card just in case you want to do some pvp.

hope this can help you :v

edit: 1 huntefly card wont really help you and you still need to spam pot during leveling. If you want a weapon for leeching, go get a thanatos weapon and carded it with hf. With just 1 slot, it is better if you slotted it with damage card. Racial>size>pure atk. But size is better since well, there are only 3 type, and 2 if you ignore the small size. If you are willing to make a bunch of +9HS with good FS enchant, then by all mean, go with race card.

and side note, i know zipper bear will add +30 atk, but you will spend 1 extra sp per mob that you hit, so dont use that.

regarding Imperial spear, if you manage to get one with at least Ea4/4, go with AK card. Below that, you can waste it with AS card, unless you are using Cannon Spear for leveling. And please dont default that unless you are using VP or CS.

Edited by 3452140212150117003, 22 August 2015 - 06:59 AM.

#24 mrricebox

mrricebox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2194 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 09:31 AM

I still use a Brocca and I find it works better than a HS in most situations actually, not to mention it's cheaper to enchant. It is about 40x more expensive than a HS to purchase too, so maybe you are better off with a HS unless you have Prize Medals to blow. However, when monster DEF is lower I swap to an overupgraded Imperial Spear for the higher ATK. I usually stick to a high refine level Glorious Spear now though for bio4, and you should probably pick that up too.

I think it's a good idea to keep 2 Imperial Spears actually if you use CS a lot. That way you have one for MvPing (AK) and another for general mobbing with CS (AS). Of course, this is if your budget allows for it. If not, invest in your MvP spear only.

#25 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 09:59 AM

You'll notice when the mobs get stronger and have higher DEF, especially scarabas since they love using that unlimited stone skin -_- . Hunting Spear is more for tighter budgets, but I'm a guy that likes to invest more towards the bigger picture aka endgame, so I spend the money that would be directed to the HS towards the Brocca. Besides, your future +12 Imperial Spear will have more ATK then your current HS regardless of its card so don't worry too much.

Also that's a pretty nice enchant, mine got FS5/Sharp 5. This should be good enough to last you, but if you have the funds to try to get perfect enchants then by all means go for it.

Interesting, does the Brocca pierce effect go right through the Scarabs stone skin?

Anyway for the original poster, it doesn't hurt to have two or three weapons on you. Each will have their own pros and cons and you can use the best weapon for the situation. That's what storage is for!

If you're on a tight budget though, I wouldn't overthink it too much. Any of the weapons mentioned above are pretty good already and the difference between them probably won't make the difference on whether you need two shots to kill the monsters or three shots. It's also a good exercise to start dealing with funds and learning the economy. Try to resell things you don't want anymore for the same price / maybe even profit!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users