August 19 Classic Patch Notes - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

August 19 Classic Patch Notes

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 18 August 2015 - 08:46 AM

Guild Dungeon Buff

For further information see:

https://forums.warpp...eon-discussion/

https://forums.warpp...ance/?p=2243147

gld_dun03 

Caterpillar 30 -> 34

Gullinbursti 30 -> 34

Creamy Fear 30 -> 34

Leib Olmai 30 -> 34

gld_dun04

Wraith Dead 17 -> 23

Mini Demon 17 -> 23

Zombie Master 17 -> 20

gld_dun01 

Skeleton General 20 -> 22

Am Mut 20 -> 22

Gajomart 20 -> 22

Drops Changes *

Bowman Scarf 0 -> .06%

Icarus Wing 0 -> .06%

Principles of Magic Vol1 0 -.2%

Npc Updates

Boxter will be updated with items from this month's box and will be exchanging brownie points for the August boxes as well! 

Discussion that needs to happen

Bowman Scarf (55 Currently Exist)

Icarus Wing (7 Currently Exist)

Both of these items are very powerful and provide a large buff to an already powerful class (sniper) although this won't have an effect immediately on woe these are some of those items whose long term effects could be concerning. Do we want to keep these items as is? What are your thoughts?

*Also updated in the event settings table so they shouldn't disappear next time we do a drops event.

#2 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 18 August 2015 - 08:57 AM

You know principles of magic is more powerful than the sniper items? :P

The bowman scarf and icarus wing are sp reductions, both give dex+ 3 (which is less than a nimble glove) and given that we have infinite sp items on the server (special mention WoE Blues from BG) - I see them having little to no effect on WoE and being "nice" for mid tier PVM.

I would not increase the spawn of gld_dun03 for now. The GSB rate in there is comparable to Luina. It is only baldur (gld_dun01) and brit (gld_dun04) that are low/bad.

edit: To make baldur more desirable for use, I would suggest AI adjustments on gajomart - or just increasing the spawn of the other mobs (skel general / am mut). Since it's the weapon strip that makes Baldur really hard to use for all classes. I'd keep gajomart spawn rate lower and buff the other two. That's my suggestion regarding the crappy skills those mobs use.

Edited by Xellie, 18 August 2015 - 10:30 AM.

#3 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 August 2015 - 10:25 AM

don't nimble gloves give you 4 dex?

also, what happened to the inventorying of God items and other power things for classic? did we ever get the bris count?

#4 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 18 August 2015 - 10:30 AM

Yeah hurr durr, I was thinking clips

#5 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 August 2015 - 10:30 AM

#rekt

#6 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 August 2015 - 11:41 AM

You probably dont want to buff Valk GD much (or at all) 30% is quite a lot already and already more than half the monsters that currently exist in the other dungeons. The map is comparable when empty, but it does get really miserable when there's other people down there. If you're going to buff it, give it a token 10-15%, but giving it more is a bad idea.

I think the buffs to the other two are a bit much, but it's hard to say without actually testing it. One problem I have with buffing the dungeons too much is that it prevents weaker players from getting in and doing anything as they just get swarmed under by mobs of things. You've gotta achieve balance here and I feel we may be going a bit too far too fast.

Agreed on the accessory set, it's a neat PVM tool to help reduce SP costs more than a scary siege tool the way the Magic Bible can/will/is going to be used.

I'd also like to ask how the test server is going. I know you guys have been busy putting out fires after 14.3 and cleaning things up on Thor. But the test server seems to be the one thing that's holding up development on the Challenge Dungeon and it has been around six weeks since anything was done with regards to the Challenge Dungeon for Classic. It's soooo close to being ready and it's something people really want, they're just getting burned out asking after it week in week out. In fact I'm going to go write a post (in here) proposing some drops in like 10 minutes if anyone wants to discuss it.

#7 Ecclesio

Ecclesio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 11:45 AM

Buffing Prontera GD's spawns by 30% seems excessive. The spawn density is already decent, adding another 30% would make craaaazy lol. As fun as I would find that, again, that seems like a lot. I would be okay with a 10% buff.

Baldur and Britoniah are the two that currently are not worth even going into. Those two need serious help.

I don't think Bowman Scarf and Icarus Wing are as useful as you think, Oda. The reduced SP consumption is good, but I don't think it's something that we need to have a big discussion over

Edited by Ecclesio, 18 August 2015 - 11:49 AM.

#8 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 18 August 2015 - 11:52 AM

You probably dont want to buff Valk GD much (or at all) 30% is quite a lot already and already more than half the monsters that currently exist in the other dungeons. The map is comparable when empty, but it does get really miserable when there's other people down there. If you're going to buff it, give it a token 10-15%, but giving it more is a bad idea.

I think the buffs to the other two are a bit much, but it's hard to say without actually testing it. One problem I have with buffing the dungeons too much is that it prevents weaker players from getting in and doing anything as they just get swarmed under by mobs of things. You've gotta achieve balance here and I feel we may be going a bit too far too fast.

Agreed on the accessory set, it's a neat PVM tool to help reduce SP costs more than a scary siege tool the way the Magic Bible can/will/is going to be used.

I'd also like to ask how the test server is going. I know you guys have been busy putting out fires after 14.3 and cleaning things up on Thor. But the test server seems to be the one thing that's holding up development on the Challenge Dungeon and it has been around six weeks since anything was done with regards to the Challenge Dungeon for Classic. It's soooo close to being ready and it's something people really want, they're just getting burned out asking after it week in week out. In fact I'm going to go write a post (in here) proposing some drops in like 10 minutes if anyone wants to discuss it.

acknowledge, the magic bible (aka principles of magic) is going to be a game changer... this is something we should be offered a chance to discuss. NOT crappy sniper gear.

#9 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 12:01 PM

I think it should be available regardless although modifying the drop rate or location may better reflect the potential power of the item.

Halfway through my post on the drops will finish it in a few minutes hopefully.

Edit: post made.

Edited by Themes, 18 August 2015 - 12:23 PM.

#10 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 18 August 2015 - 12:04 PM

I think it should be available regardless although modifying the drop rate or location may better reflect the potential power of the item.

Halfway through my post on the drops will finish it in a few minutes hopefully.

Absolutely agree. It's probably more powerful on Classic than original servers due to the crazy items we have here too. It's availability should be adapted to reflect that.

Maybe we need some calcs on the bible to show it.

#11 Psicratus

Psicratus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • LocationBrazil, land of the hue
  • Server:The nostalgic one

Posted 18 August 2015 - 02:39 PM

I wish I had something to say about this maintenance, but it meant nothing to me.

I look forward to the day when you guys say new tunneling service will be provided to VIP, that the patch error is finally gone, cool events are coming every week - many many are already scripted, it's only a paste work lol - and at last but not at least, that you'll do something to bring new players, make the website attractive, spread the message that an Official RO Classic server exists - because I guarantee you that many players that would come back running don't know about it.

#12 Fapman

Fapman

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 04:43 PM

I would not increase the spawn of gld_dun03 for now. The GSB rate in there is comparable to Luina. It is only baldur (gld_dun01) and brit (gld_dun04) that are low/bad.

edit: To make baldur more desirable for use, I would suggest AI adjustments on gajomart - or just increasing the spawn of the other mobs (skel general / am mut). Since it's the weapon strip that makes Baldur really hard to use for all classes. I'd keep gajomart spawn rate lower and buff the other two. That's my suggestion regarding the crappy skills those mobs use.

This. I want taking my GC Sader down to Balder/Brit GD to be fun/worth it but:

1. Gajomarts make it nearly impossible as they are next to impossible to kill with GC and if they strip your weapon making killing the few SG/AMs that much harder.

2. Brit is freaking HUGE with very little monster spawns. I find myself running around like crazy trying to find more than one Wraith to GC, in its current state, its a waste of time.

I honestly haven't been down to Lunia or Valk so I can't comment on those rates.

#13 Ramses

Ramses

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 861 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 05:54 PM

also, if possible, enhance the drop rate of diabolus manteau as it's setted at 0.01% on the db you showed us

#14 Kebtung

Kebtung

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members - No Sig
  • 959 posts
  • Server:( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 18 August 2015 - 07:55 PM

an already powerful class (sniper)

CommentPhotos.com_1407345336.jpg

#15 lyndel84

lyndel84

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 10:08 PM

Discussion that needs to happen

Both of these items are very powerful and provide a large buff to an already powerful class (sniper) although this won't have an effect immediately on woe these are some of those items whose long term effects could be concerning. Do we want to keep these items as is? What are your thoughts?

Go home Camp. You're drunk.

#16 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 18 August 2015 - 10:36 PM

i dont think any of those items are a big deal and sniper has much better options for acc slots 

btw reduced woe 2 castles when

#17 PaulElgan

PaulElgan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:iRO - Classic Loki

Posted 18 August 2015 - 11:09 PM

Uh, you must be joking lol

#18 lyndel84

lyndel84

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 11:17 PM

By the way, could you guys keep an eye on the newbie map below Prontera?

Some people seem to have a lot of fun spawning bio3 monsters and other -_- there via Hocuspocus or by other means.

I don't think it's a great way for new players to be introduced to the game by getting oneshotted by stuff in the area that Janeway sends them to. Just sayin.

#19 squirreI

squirreI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 11:20 PM

Simply put, many would disagree with snipers being a powerful class. At the very most, it's debatable.

Items become very powerful when they surpass the effects of other items. Medal of honor and nimble glove/orlean's glove easily pass the +3 dex effects.

The increased sp and the decreased sp consumption don't really make the class more powerful. And those alone will not give a sniper an unlimited amount of sp. They will need a scholar or GK to possibly grant them that.

Magic bible only gives 2 int over any other shield. It's nothing overpowered.

Edited by squirreI, 18 August 2015 - 11:20 PM.

#20 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 11:24 PM

You guys really cant still be that surprised by how much the GMs dont know/understand about the advanced game mechanics. I'd much rather they make statements like that, than tell us we cant have them because it's easy to correct them.

Also is the VIP event for Classic going to stick around further? We just finished an insanely long Exp/Drops/VIP event and it got replaced a week later with another VIP event, it's either time to permanently set the rates to what you want people to play at or give us a break for a while.

Edit: The Magic Bible may only be one int more than the Memory Book but when you start upgrading it and adding Despero Card things get pretty huge. We're at a point when where you consider total gear things can get pretty scary. It's probably not a huge deal, but if it goes in at it's proposed drop rate of 0.2% add on VIP/Gum it's going to be fairly common, probably more common than it should be with regards to its potential power.

In fact if you want to compare it to Memory Book on this server, they drop unslotted at 0.01% from 4 different monsters and 4.44% from Valk 2 treasure boxes. Then you have to slot them at a 15% chance, then upgrade them. I'm not saying the shield is super OP and needs to be difficult to obtain, just that relative to it's weaker alternative it's going to be much more freely available and maybe the drop rate should be a bit lower than advertised. That's said as someone who'll be farming them at the first opportunity I get.

What about the set bonus for the Asgard Beginning Gear, is it gaining Hide level 1 and 10 flee for the Thief bros?

Edited by Themes, 18 August 2015 - 11:38 PM.

#21 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 19 August 2015 - 01:34 AM

The power of the magic bible should be compared to how many people are desperate to get it. MATK bonuses are no joke and  the magic bible will allow for one more MATK bonus than is currently achievable. Considering that most Wizards work from a distance where they are safe (my concern here lays almost entirely with hibram wizards hiding behind CP) and with the high MATK gear available on classic, it definitely needs thinking about. The shield itself compounded with Despero of Thanatos card is a big deal.

The drop rate thing is huge, especially if Baldur is to be buffed. I have tons of memory books, to reference what themes is saying and I barely ever hold Valk 2. The stronger item shouldn't be more common should it? Especially one that will change the game up as much as this will.

#22 kruim21

kruim21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 03:21 AM

Icaru wings is too OP?i thing diabolus ring and orlean glove are laughing now.the set will work at the cost of losing max damage.maxdmg is in proportion to comsumption.so its balance.

btw why do u guys always discuss how OP the things are.even though the things are just normal as they are at the very begining.especially the hwiz class u hate the most.

mage are the strongest DPS in every game.how could a int+2 shield of mage play the same OP role as a str+40 melee class accessory do.

emm... the world should be change like the following

In game...

The seal of [Mjolnir] has been released

The seal of [Icaru Wing] has been released

The seal of [Magic Bible vo1] has been released

The six seals have been released at the same time with the seals of [Magic Bible vo1].a Godly Item can now be created.

[-.-] the master of the [>.<] guild bring the [Magic Bible vo1] to this world.

In forums...

S> Icaru Wing Keep Box

S> Magic Bible vo1 Rental

Edited by kruim21, 19 August 2015 - 04:08 AM.

#23 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 19 August 2015 - 04:21 AM

How is does magic can't be not flee or not sw or pneuma and does melee scaling work the same can you dispell magic elements and is magic range not so great as that of melee - is being that is how much sense making you are.

got calcs here for 122k dps with meteor storm from behind a cp, would love to see melee do that without a god item

note: That's a single wiz, not a guild of wizards, not an alliance. Just one.

edit edit : what I'm saying is coming from not only myself (I main wiz for PVP/GD war, so I far from "hate" wizards") but also from the wizard main players in my guild. Also take note of what Themes is saying, he is in a guild that absolutely loves wizards. You are forgetting we have gear available here that weren't on the original servers / drop rates are insane here.

Edited by Xellie, 19 August 2015 - 04:43 AM.

#24 Nokia909

Nokia909

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 04:32 AM

~dear Mr campitor

its hard to pleased crowd

so take their suggestion moderately and do your best as a CM here.

good luck and have a fun day everyday.

best regards,

a passing fart*

p/s: there`s lot of player that not so into* forum-ism and posting-ism here so dont take 100% suggestion that are been posting here.

(get what i meant to say here?) their hope and dream arent the same.

#25 kruim21

kruim21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 06:05 AM

How is does magic can't be not flee or not sw or pneuma and does melee scaling work the same can you dispell magic elements and is magic range not so great as that of melee - is being that is how much sense making you are.

got calcs here for 122k dps with meteor storm from behind a cp, would love to see melee do that without a god item
note: That's a single wiz, not a guild of wizards, not an alliance. Just one.

edit edit : what I'm saying is coming from not only myself (I main wiz for PVP/GD war, so I far from "hate" wizards") but also from the wizard main players in my guild. Also take note of what Themes is saying, he is in a guild that absolutely loves wizards. You are forgetting we have gear available here that weren't on the original servers / drop rates are insane here.

ya.scholars were all dead or pnuma/sw can be cast on ME.come on just 2int.if a guy wanna rush into calculated magic rain area ,who can stop his dying-.-.

Edited by kruim21, 19 August 2015 - 06:11 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users