[Vending] Color code vending prices - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

[Vending] Color code vending prices

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 saravon

saravon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 August 2015 - 09:12 AM

The purpose of this proposal is to help buyers to easily identify the price range of an item instead of having the difficulty of counting the zeros.

Currently, the price of an item is shown in yellow to a customer in a player shop's window.

What I have in mind is similar to the monster name color system according to level.

light blue: 1 - 99k

green: 100k-499k

yellow: 500k - 999k

orange: 1 million - 499 million
red: 500 million - 999 million
pink: 1 billion - 499 billion

purple: 500b+

I've read that this game is working on pretty old code or something like that so I can understand how difficult change to be made.

A button with 3 zeros would nice to have when pricing items too.

Edited by saravon, 14 September 2015 - 08:25 PM.

#2 Filipito98

Filipito98

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 996 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in another world
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Arua

Posted 18 August 2015 - 09:53 AM

i like this idea :)

#3 Banrukai

Banrukai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Location中国China
  • Server:.¤·°­·.¸ Arua ¸.·°­·¤.

Posted 18 August 2015 - 10:17 AM

This is a good idea. I have seen it in many other games too, such as Silkroad Online.

#4 saravon

saravon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 10:42 AM

Here is an example of how a terrible disgusting scammer buys things for 3 less zeros, people are free to set their own prices, but the scam here is that some people may mistake the price for having 3 more zeros.

I don't believe a GM can take action against this disgusting person for what doing what they do as that is simply the price they set to buy their item.

An indicator of a price range might improve the chances for a person to not be scammed by a disgusting person like this one.

wg7innO.png

It seems like we can't mention the scammer by name in these forums but that prevents us from telling other players who are these scammers. Such threads may devolve into threads of extreme negativity and cause the destruction of the reputations of players but it sounds better than letting them free to scam other players if the GMs can't do anything to these specific scammers.

Edited by saravon, 13 September 2015 - 11:14 AM.

#5 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 14 September 2015 - 04:17 AM

I saw this guy, and I almost sold him one of my pieces. Fortunately I was pretty alert that day so I noticed the lack of zeros in the confirmation.

#6 saravon

saravon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 10:50 AM

addendeumnenmnemunem

light blue: 1 - 99k

green: 100k-499k

yellow: 500k - 999k

#7 achibea

achibea

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 01:44 PM

Here is an example of how a terrible disgusting scammer buys things for 3 less zeros, people are free to set their own prices, but the scam here is that some people may mistake the price for having 3 more zeros.

I don't believe a GM can take action against this disgusting person for what doing what they do as that is simply the price they set to buy their item.

An indicator of a price range might improve the chances for a person to not be scammed by a disgusting person like this one.

wg7innO.png

It seems like we can't mention the scammer by name in these forums but that prevents us from telling other players who are these scammers. Such threads may devolve into threads of extreme negativity and cause the destruction of the reputations of players but it sounds better than letting them free to scam other players if the GMs can't do anything to these specific scammers.

Hahahha! So you're Nulled... I suggested this before but you said .. https://forums.warpp...alue-for-vends/

#8 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 15 September 2015 - 07:24 AM

We are looking into ideas like this, but implementing this option is harder than it looks, so it may take some time. Thank you guys for the awesome suggestions. 

#9 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 15 September 2015 - 08:28 AM

That or stop using a single currency tier. there's a reason so many games cut out a load of 0's by using a 2+3 tier system. [ie copper -> silver -> gold] smh. 

#10 saravon

saravon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 08:15 AM

Changing the currency system would be significantly harder to implement and require changes to every player character.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users