Solo Levelling RK 100+: IB+BB or DB? - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Solo Levelling RK 100+: IB+BB or DB?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Pyao

Pyao

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 274 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 20 August 2015 - 05:59 AM

Hello everyone!

A few weeks ago I made a Rune Knight AGI-build to play, which was very fun at the beginning. But them, after a few readings, I found out that lvl 100+ is all about AoE. I was wondering if I should go for the IB + BB build, which is *kinda* cheap, but uses a lot of SP and HP recovery items. So I resetted. But the damage is not that good, since I have to use IB+BB like 2~3 times in Mid-TI.

Should I go for pure-DB build? I know a lot of people don't recommend this, because of the low HP pool and stuff. But in terms of self-sustain (4x HF cards) and damage, is it worth?

The question is: Which one of these builds are faster for levelling from 100 to 120~130, and cheaper?

And what about gears? My budget is around 1.5b right now. I can't afford MVP cards or God Items  :p_sad:

#2 4455140612125923330

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 06:34 AM

Hey Pyao.

I can't comment on DB since i haven't tried that yet. But i did give IB+BB a fair try, and its not so bad.Get a black ribbon, and some sort of hp recovery, maybe the HF carded RTE, and you are gonna be ok. SP Wise, i don't really have much problems with it, since i have some int (Around 40ish), it sustains pretty good. I supose if you get an incubbus pet you are gonna be just fine.

Otherwise, using a vanargand helm was a perfect sustain for me, but i rather have the increased IB damage from the black ribbon

Take care Pyao! :yawn:

#3 EinZweiDrei

EinZweiDrei

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 07:38 AM

IB/BB up to 135 then reset to DB.
i recommend resetting at 145 though.
i IB/BB all the way to 150 then reset to DB.
only regret was that i didnt reset earlier.

Edited by EinZweiDrei, 20 August 2015 - 07:38 AM.

#4 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 August 2015 - 08:09 AM

At lower levels is better to invest on items that give u sp intead of hp for DB. Gears such as Ur's Seal SP250, Incubus mid, +9 Carat Rideword/Vanaguard, Variant Shoes, ea10 FAW if possible/Nidhog garb, and a weapon with 4x AS. This should give u enough damage to level easily on most maps and most TIs (except holy/shadow ones). U might think this doesnt have enough hp sustain (leech), i recommend getting a Witch Pumpkin Hat + Alarm mask combo for this. It makes healing super cheap and u can focus on your kill potential. For sp u have either Rideword/Vanagurad, Nid garb, Incubus Pet, and its also wise to carry some Urj runes with you.

#5 Pyao

Pyao

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 274 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 20 August 2015 - 11:10 AM

With decent gear (not talking about TG), is it possible to achieve decent damage with low lvl DB builds? Like, close or superior to IB+BB builds?

#6 hotel

hotel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1571 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:shock town

Posted 20 August 2015 - 11:26 AM

At that level if you're trying to go solo db won't be that much better. It does make it easier for you to get into parties though since you can contribute aoe damage, but you'd probably be looking at around 8-9k dbs without elemental weakness.

#7 EinZweiDrei

EinZweiDrei

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 04:21 PM

to sustain sp i main +9vanargand
and swap between a quad hunter fly weapon for hp leeching and a quad archer skele weapon for damage.
although this usually doesn't happen when grinding but i like to carry around 50slims incase something stupid happens.
same goes for the 25 strawberry i carry.

Edited by EinZweiDrei, 20 August 2015 - 04:26 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users