[Classic]Mastersmith Build[Classic] - Merchant Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

[Classic]Mastersmith Build[Classic]

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 nitaant

nitaant

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 04:25 PM

the classic class discussion forum is kind of dead so i am seeking help here

want to make a mastersmith for pvm/mvp built around HSCR

since such a build goes high vit any way i am thinking it will do fine in woe as well?

anyway, what stats/equips should i be looking at?

i would prefer a shield and 1h

#2 nitaant

nitaant

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 08:54 PM

nothing?

#3 RaohSung

RaohSung

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 456 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 24 August 2015 - 11:15 AM

Does Classic Server have KVM Weapons or just BG stuff?

Then you could grab the Glorious Morning Star for your Mastersmith or BG Mace/1Hnd Axe. (For Demi Human Stuff, or if you would like to PVP)

You should know, that you will sacrifice a lot of Damage not using a Giant Axe for HSCR. But %Damage Cards and a lot of slots were mostly better Pre RE if I remember correctly.

----------------------
- 1 HND Options -

Mace: Mjolnir, Mace [4], Chain [3]

HND Axe: Orcish Axe [4] (This would be the best option for a 1 HND Weapon for a Mastersmith)

1 HND Swords: Twin Edge of Naght Sieger [3] Blue and Red, Elemental Sword. (Keep in mind, not all Mastersmith buffs work with Swords + you will face a great penalty in ASPD)

#4 nitaant

nitaant

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 02:15 PM

is it really worth it to lose 30% reduction (40% mvp) in pvm? remember this is classic we dont have endless hp pools like renewal

i was going to go for +10 quad dilligent orcish axe with my racial shields

#5 jochy

jochy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 02:16 PM

Giant Axe for HSCR, ice pick against high def, CK for woe/pvp then just...

somethings are really basic, a little outdapted, but still good guide

#6 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 August 2015 - 02:21 PM

Percentage based modifiers don't work with HSCR in Pre-Renewal.

This means that only cards and gears that provide flat +ATK affect the skill. Size cards don't work. Race cards don't work. Stuff like GMG doesn't work.

Mastersmiths can't WoE btw, on account of their extremely low DPS, reliance on being at point-blank range with no reliable method of closing distance, and vulnerability to being kited, dispelled and quag'd. If you make yourself a MS it'll be limited to PvM.

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 24 August 2015 - 02:29 PM.

#7 nitaant

nitaant

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 02:25 PM

ik which is why i chose zipper bear cards..+10 orcish with 4 zippers is still 265 atk not bad on a classic server allows the shields still. a must for mvping i would think?

#8 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 02:32 PM

ik which is why i chose zipper bear cards..+10 orcish with 4 zippers is still 265 atk not bad on a classic server allows the shields still. a must for mvping i would think?

+10 Orcish Axe is a fine weapon but it'll be very hard for you to actually secure yourself one of those. Do you have the money for it? An Orcish Axe at +7, even with quad zippers, is so pathetically weak that you'd be better off avoiding it since you'll be spending much more time fighting and therefore be taking more damage than if you were just using a nicely refined 2h.

You'd be better off with a Diligent Giant Axe or Hurricane Fury (better than GA at higher refines and it comes with med redux) in the interim, and a slotted Ice Pick if you can manage one, though unslotted works fine.

You'll also want to make yourself a Linker slave for AAR.

The absolute best weapon for a HSCR MS would be a Mjolnir but those are pretty much unobtainable atm.

Fun fact, a +9-10 Diligent HF actually rivals a Mjolnir in terms of raw damage and aspd.

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 24 August 2015 - 02:36 PM.

#9 nitaant

nitaant

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 02:37 PM

+10 Orcish Axe is a fine weapon but it'll be very hard for you to actually secure yourself one of those. Do you have the money for it? An Orcish Axe at +7, even with quad zippers, is so pathetically weak that you'd be better off avoiding it since you'll be spending much more time fighting and therefore be taking more damage than if you were just using a nicely refined 2h.

You'd be better off with a Diligent Giant Axe or Hurricane Fury (better than GA at higher refines and it comes with med redux) in the interim, and a slotted Ice Pick if you can manage one, though unslotted works fine.

You'll also want to make yourself a Linker slave for AAR.

The absolute best weapon for a HSCR MS would be a Mjolnir but those are pretty much unobtainable atm.

Fun fact, a +9-10 Diligent HF actually rivals a Mjolnir in terms of raw damage and aspd.

isnt it HF that comes with redux?

and mvping dont matter total damage taken just surviving strong skills

Edited by nitaant, 24 August 2015 - 02:38 PM.

#10 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 02:58 PM

isnt it HF that comes with redux?

and mvping dont matter total damage taken just surviving strong skills

If you're high VIT and are otherwise geared properly you should still survive that stuff. You can always keep a shield on-hand to swap onto when a cast starts.

And yeah it's the HF. I said HF ;p

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 24 August 2015 - 03:04 PM.

#11 nitaant

nitaant

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 07:17 AM

anyone know good leveling spots 85+

im going to get a leech 88-99 and its pretty silly that i need to do a leech to 99 non trans as a well geared battesmith...

my problem is that it seems that for almost every character that cant solo anubis and is not useful to an ID ti party (my 85 hybrid battlesmith), west geffen field is the only viable source of xp and it is so boring. add that the 30% damage card seems to be only for orcs and no other group of mobs, its practically the only leveling spot in the game

i have a +7 IP but cant even adrenaline rush with the thing

#12 nitaant

nitaant

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 05:56 AM

what is a good mvp stat build? how much dex

#13 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 01:08 AM

i have a +7 IP but cant even adrenaline rush with the thing

Make a Linker, port it into ID at the entrance and use it to link yourself for AAR.

You can solo Titans that way.

#14 jochy

jochy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 12:00 PM

geffenia w/ ice pick, ice titans, make a right party with friends and kill beelzebub w/ ice pick, normals valky with duo hp or even some mvps... leveling as smith is easy if you have ice pick

#15 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 12:32 PM

None of the classes are going to level at the same speed. TKMs have an advantage and will always be the fastest given certain conditions, while the AoE heavy classes (Knight/Wizard) will always have higher potential than the more single target classes.

West Orcs isnt bad, you can fly wing around and 1 shot HOs fairly easily with Mamo for fairly respectable experience, you just cant compare it to a TKM in Thors. You can take Smiths to Anubis (or even Thors if you really want) it just requires more money/gear. The best way to play is to figure out what an acceptable level of experience per hour is and try places until you reach the spot, if you're interested in min/maxing everything, all you'll be doing is Thors with a TKM or paying for leeches.

As for stat builds, here's my Vit Smiths build:

99 str

26 agi

74 vit

58 dex

It's enough hit to get almost any MVP I care to kill, enough Vit to live through statuses and max Str for all combinations of gear. Fairly happy with it, but generally I use my LK for PVM these days instead.

#16 nitaant

nitaant

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 02:16 PM

how does one 1shot hos? with valorous pvp weapon and water endow  with 80str i only do about 5.2k

#17 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 03:32 PM

Oh you dont have much Str that makes it more of a problem.

You can do it with 120 Str, an Orc Lady weapon and a Porcellio armor. So I'm not sure if you have plans for more Str in your build or not, but that's probably really the only way to consider it.

For example here's something I threw together quickly: http://cidrocalc.dro...aaaaaaaaaauaaaa

It's 89 base Str and uses the 3 stat food from the VIP Buffer, but you can get more Str with slotted rings, statted armor, firelock shoes, better foods. Or even drop the WPH in favor of Robo Eyes/Pirate Dagger/Str hat and just pot something a little more expensive than Pumpkins.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users