FizzMo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 25 August 2015 - 04:10 AM

I had a few ideas to maybe make Game Arena (pvp) a little better for everyone,

• To start I thought maybe add some buff bots at the spawns so if your team has no cleric you at least still have a fighting chance, nothing worse than just getting slaughtered by a team that has buffs and you're sitting there like fresh meat to a pack of wolves because you don't have the equal advantage.

• Second maybe adding goulash into game arena too? Red pots only doesn't really work well when it comes to balancing, I notice classes like bow scouts, raiders, champs get wrecked in seconds from gun bourgs, having red pots only doesn't provide enough hp regen to be able to effectively fight a crowd of people if you are getting aimed out by a gun bourg.

• Third, Now I know the Dev team isn't going to be fussed on this idea but removing game arena energy will provide the game to be more active, more players, more people in the games of Akram etc, Now I know you guys are all for the game arena energy when it comes to the money making side of things, but think more players = more people buying item mall, more people buying item mall equals more money? did you notice after the merge when the GA was free how many players there were? the game was as active as it's been in a long time.

Just some thoughts, doubt they will be listened to but worth a shot :)

#2 Banrukai

Banrukai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Location中国China
  • Server:.¤·°­·.¸ Arua ¸.·°­·¤.

Posted 25 August 2015 - 05:03 AM

There is a place for such ideas :)

Proposals & Suggestions

Edited by Banrukai, 25 August 2015 - 05:04 AM.

#3 FizzMo

FizzMo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 05:11 AM

Whoops, oh well here now xD any thoughts?

#4 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 25 August 2015 - 06:26 AM

If you ask, I'm sure a MOD would move the topic for you.

#5 FizzMo

FizzMo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 07:39 AM

Yes yes it has been done, now instead of sitting here bantering about how it was in the wrong thread how about we discus the topic? Thanks

#6 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 25 August 2015 - 08:47 AM

I just wonna put this out there, the gap between buff pots + character buffs is HUGE. It might lessen the beating you take, but you will still get beat down into the dirt unless that difference is reduced. 

#7 MarK1789

MarK1789

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 03:35 PM

I just wonna put this out there, the gap between buff pots + character buffs is HUGE. It might lessen the beating you take, but you will still get beat down into the dirt unless that difference is reduced. 

while this is true.. it's not also bad to give the issue a temporary fix(which is to put buff bots) just to keep the fun going, while the devs make their final decisions in the adjustments they will make if ever there will be any

I had a few ideas to maybe make Game Arena (pvp) a little better for everyone,

• To start I thought maybe add some buff bots at the spawns so if your team has no cleric you at least still have a fighting chance, nothing worse than just getting slaughtered by a team that has buffs and you're sitting there like fresh meat to a pack of wolves because you don't have the equal advantage.

• Second maybe adding goulash into game arena too? Red pots only doesn't really work well when it comes to balancing, I notice classes like bow scouts, raiders, champs get wrecked in seconds from gun bourgs, having red pots only doesn't provide enough hp regen to be able to effectively fight a crowd of people if you are getting aimed out by a gun bourg.

- Nope doing that will put more imbalanceness to the game, those w/ big hp and def or w/ high dodge will be invincible also this will promote more use of bots in GA as u can  spam goulash whenever u want, And It's also up to the players to know their character's limitation, build up their strategy based on current situation and make use of their pots wisely

• Third, Now I know the Dev team isn't going to be fussed on this idea but removing game arena energy will provide the game to be more active, more players, more people in the games of Akram etc, Now I know you guys are all for the game arena energy when it comes to the money making side of things, but think more players = more people buying item mall, more people buying item mall equals more money? did you notice after the merge when the GA was free how many players there were? the game was as active as it's been in a long time.

-Or Maybe they can just separate the GA Energy from DG's and GA PVP

#8 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 03:37 PM

Buff potions can be purchased for very low amounts of zulie from [Battle Marchant] Rena. Not having those is just lack of information / bad foresight. 

#9 MarK1789

MarK1789

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 04:55 PM

i explained that in some post, i know there are pvp buff pots but not all players get them for some reasons, i also proposed that those pvp buff pots to be converted to buff npcs and players will pay zulie every buff equal to that of all those pvp buff pots just for everyone to have a chance to get them.

#10 FizzMo

FizzMo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 07:16 PM

Buff pots are crap they give a +5 bonus which is absolute trash, also If you're like me and have a bunch of war supplies you don't have room in your inventory for that. Buff bots would be fair as each team would have equal buffs, anyone who says otherwise would be playing a class that has buffs of their own so they get the advantage.

Goulash is fair for everyone, I don't play a class with high HP I play bow scout and katar raider, but I'm tired of gun bourgs being able to kill me within seconds not even having time to skill, it's unbalanced goulash would make it fair for everyone.

Edited by FizzMo, 25 August 2015 - 07:32 PM.

#11 Banrukai

Banrukai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Location中国China

Posted 25 August 2015 - 08:21 PM

Didn't they specifically remove the use of food in the games?

To be honest, i don't think the goulash would keep up with the damage output. It may make you last a little longer, but you'll still be dead under certain situations.

I don't play these PvP games... So can't comment too much.

#12 FizzMo

FizzMo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 10:41 PM

A little longer is all that is needed to accurately counter something like that

#13 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 11:30 PM

So far, I can't argue anything FizzMo has said, I concur. 

#14 MarK1789

MarK1789

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 05:52 AM

the main point is to make the pvp buffs more convenient to acquire so all have a chance to get it cause like fizzmo and most players, with their own reasons they can't or wont even bother to carry these buff pots. So while the devs are trying to make decisions(which will surely take some time), they should remove the pvp buff pots and convert it to an npc buff bot inside GA PVP's since its only use-able in there anyways.

Who knows they might adjust the strength of these buffs to almost equal to that of a cleric buff cause i do agree that it is crap, but still better than nothing.

Edited by MarK1789, 26 August 2015 - 05:54 AM.

#15 FizzMo

FizzMo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 05:52 AM

Only thing about this, even tho they are all suggestions that would make the game better' none of them are going to get implemented or even considered sort of wasting our time :/

#16 Banrukai

Banrukai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Location中国China

Posted 26 August 2015 - 05:59 AM

You know, I passed on a suggestion to increase the system chat by 2 lines, and it got implemented.

All you need is patience, and a good idea. If enough people like it, and they see it, then it will most likely get implemented.

#17 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 06:10 AM

Tbh Banrukai, while your idea was a good one. I never saw it. In fact, that suggestion went MAJORLY under the public radar, probly not the best example. But, FizzMo also has a point. A lot of the times, even if the community goes 'Wow hell yes this is needed big time' it still won't become a focus, or anything more than a pipe dream. I can attest to this with many many proposals in the past. Some simple, some intermediate and some advanced. all went unrecognized simply because of the person representing it. 

#18 FizzMo

FizzMo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 07:34 AM

^ the reason rose is losing players

#19 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 26 August 2015 - 11:53 AM

Hey guys! With regards to the Buff Bot idea, I know this is a suggestion the community has brought forward before, and this idea has been looked into. There are some problems with implementing this particular suggestion, due to the way that the system is set up, and in giving parameters that would be fair for the buffs that these bots would distribute. Right now it they are looking to go in another direction because of these obstacles, but all suggestions are appreciated, and they are all being looked into and considered.

#20 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 12:23 PM

The Best solution Lark to be 100% honest is to reduce the over-all damage done across the board in PvP by AT LEAST 50%. Aspeed also needs to be looked into as it's a unique way of voiding the % damage maximum [I'll explain that in the spoiler]. And lessen the massive gap between buff potions and class buffs. If both of those were fixed, PvP would become immensely popular before, we know this because it USED to be that way, and PvP was a huge deal when that system existed. 

Spoiler

Edited by Feuer, 26 August 2015 - 12:28 PM.

#21 FizzMo

FizzMo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 12:26 AM

Hey guys! With regards to the Buff Bot idea, I know this is a suggestion the community has brought forward before, and this idea has been looked into. There are some problems with implementing this particular suggestion, due to the way that the system is set up, and in giving parameters that would be fair for the buffs that these bots would distribute. Right now it they are looking to go in another direction because of these obstacles, but all suggestions are appreciated, and they are all being looked into and considered.

Maybe, but it would be more balanced than it is currently, are you telling me a buffed team vs a team with no buffs at all is more balanced than 2 teams with equal buffs? for example if the buff bot was to buff max charm buffs across the board including dex,con,sen etc etc

#22 kwayan19

kwayan19

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1031 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 03:47 PM

i would suggest lessening the gap of cleric gaps vs class buffs..

a team without any of the class buffs (esp. dex buff with extremely high aspeed and mspeed) would fail miserably against a team with stat buffs... makes the game unbalanced, its like they are on "boosters"..

i want the old buffing system where everyone is on equal ground ... i was so happy when you banned boosters before in UW  before... but now you guys introduced this booster-like buffs again ><

#23 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 28 August 2015 - 07:38 PM

I rather agree with Kwayan. First it was boosters, so those were taken out of GA (Actually UW but you know what I mean). Then it was Buff Sets, now we have these stat buffers, that give outrageous buffs. Something needs to be done. People have come to rely on their stat buffers much to heavily. You can't even get some PvM games unless one is brought.

Edited by pdfisher, 28 August 2015 - 07:38 PM.

#24 FizzMo

FizzMo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 06:48 AM

I rather agree with Kwayan. First it was boosters, so those were taken out of GA (Actually UW but you know what I mean). Then it was Buff Sets, now we have these stat buffers, that give outrageous buffs. Something needs to be done. People have come to rely on their stat buffers much to heavily. You can't even get some PvM games unless one is brought.

Buff bots that give max dex, str, con, sen, max stat buffs? so that both teams have the same buffs? how would that not be fair?

#25 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 29 August 2015 - 06:59 AM

1st off, the whole problem with the buff bots part is all focused on one of the most noticeable problems in the game, the buff influence.

I would agree if the buff bots are as a temporary fix to the balance of the game play between a buffed team and a unbuffed team, but as a long term solution that would be a no because then it would be the same thing as increasing everyone's stats to that of the buff amount making buffs completely neglectable thus not existing anymore.

2nd off, i have an idea actually, if fair play in pvp arenas is what you're looking for, you might as well ask them if they can "cap" the buffs at a certain amount just for pvp arenas. The reasons for my proposal of this is

a ) So pvm will not be affected with the changes, making it a little easier to manage

b ) So overall there will be fair play for all classes in all pvp arenas

c ) Most importantly everyone can have fun.

The cap can be like +50 depending on what most people can/would agree to. There's no point maxing the cap if some people can't even touch the max buff yet. Limiting it to an amount where people can gain it easily is good enough.

I would talk more but then it would turn me to just ranting instead of giving ideas, so i won't.

Edited by KatsuraKujo, 29 August 2015 - 07:01 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users