Strongly make DS wiki be more true and better - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Strongly make DS wiki be more true and better

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 loveyxk

loveyxk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 111 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:it's only one server!

Posted 25 August 2015 - 05:30 AM

!!!

based on our player group ... the DS wiki has more and more problems  :questionmark:

the WIKI is rly good APP for checking Skills or getting information players need

#2 Homurasan

Homurasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1116 posts
  • Server:You can guess.

Posted 25 August 2015 - 06:52 AM

Quick, someone, make the world a better place.

Seriously though, if there is anything you see that you believe is wrong, lacking or missing, feel free to send me a PM regarding this. With a link to the page of course.

People updating the wiki from time to time might have other things to do than check for stuff they don't always know about, e.g monster cards, production, elements and various stats calculations.

#3 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts
  • LocationWarpPortal forums
  • Server:What is server?

Posted 25 August 2015 - 07:02 AM

To Homurasan : I had a topic didn't I? I can't find it floating somewhere.

#4 Homurasan

Homurasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1116 posts
  • Server:You can guess.

Posted 25 August 2015 - 07:28 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it was about the fact that people should gather and help each other in updating the wiki, or another kind of vague desire to make things better.

Most likely it had no effect whatsoever.

#5 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts
  • LocationWarpPortal forums
  • Server:What is server?

Posted 25 August 2015 - 07:35 AM

I already mailed Bluedreams but there has been no response yet! It has been a long time

#6 loveyxk

loveyxk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 08:47 AM

:heh:  ok ill try to gather the mistakes of WIKI

#7 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 26 August 2015 - 03:46 AM

I'm sure you know that the DS Wiki is a community project. We are sadly not able to reach the resposible(s) for this wiki at the moment.

I sadly don't have the time to setup a new wiki and care about it, otherwise I would. If someone is able to host and create a new DS Wiki I think it's very appreciated by whole community.

#8 loveyxk

loveyxk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 07:00 AM

I'm sure you know that the DS Wiki is a community project. We are sadly not able to reach the resposible(s) for this wiki at the moment.

I sadly don't have the time to setup a new wiki and care about it, otherwise I would. If someone is able to host and create a new DS Wiki I think it's very appreciated by whole community.

:rice:  so popcorn, u dont have wiki account that can correct DSwiki? 

#9 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 07:28 AM

:rice:  so popcorn, u dont have wiki account that can correct DSwiki? 

Sadly not. I never had any contact with the Wiki admins.

#10 loveyxk

loveyxk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 07:32 AM

Sadly not. I never had any contact with the Wiki admins.

:p_sad:  yape ,sadly.... if u get one, XD ill try my best to help 

#11 igozuvi

igozuvi

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 657 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Gurlz
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 28 August 2015 - 05:43 PM

I am the only original DS Wiki admin that is still active in game.  I'll be honest that most of the GM support I requested in order to properly update the wiki has gone unaddressed.  The beauty of the wiki, however, allows the community as a whole to update it at their own accord.  Of course, if the community can't or doesn't know how to contribute, I can only do so much on my own and it would be nice to hear some response to the requests I have been putting in regarding the wiki so that the knowledge base can be of more use to the community.

That being said, I don't know who you are trying to contact Popcorn but I have not seen anyone reach out to me regarding the Wiki since Nolanvoid as CM.

#12 ManItsMike

ManItsMike

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 806 posts
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 28 August 2015 - 08:06 PM

I am the only original DS Wiki admin that is still active in game. I'll be honest that most of the GM support I requested in order to properly update the wiki has gone unaddressed. The beauty of the wiki, however, allows the community as a whole to update it at their own accord. Of course, if the community can't or doesn't know how to contribute, I can only do so much on my own and it would be nice to hear some response to the requests I have been putting in regarding the wiki so that the knowledge base can be of more use to the community.

That being said, I don't know who you are trying to contact Popcorn but I have not seen anyone reach out to me regarding the Wiki since Nolanvoid as CM.

Great to know, and thanks for dropping in to reply. I know very little about editing wikis, but I used to make suggestions to friends who did for another MMO. Is it possible for you to give us a brief "how do edit?!?" Guide :)

#13 igozuvi

igozuvi

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 657 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 09:05 PM

There are articles within the DS Wiki that I had made that works as basic guidelines for editing.  However the entire host server is down due to a previous attack and hopefully the server will be back up by Saturday.  Once it's back up I'll link to the article for reference.

#14 ManItsMike

ManItsMike

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 806 posts
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 28 August 2015 - 10:23 PM

Appreciate it. Thanks

#15 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 10:38 PM

The only contact I had regarding the wiki was Himeyasha who is no longer active. I forwarded several requests from Himeyasha about coupon codes regarding the prizes for contributers to the production team. 

I think no one really knew that you're an admin of the wiki and that may be the reason that no one has reached out to you.

Edited by Popcorn, 28 August 2015 - 10:38 PM.

#16 igozuvi

igozuvi

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 657 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 06:43 AM

I think no one really knew that you're an admin of the wiki and that may be the reason that no one has reached out to you.

well THAT is rich.  nevermind that i am listed as co-founder with Himeyasha on the original form help thread, and I'm also listed as a moderator on the wiki itself.  i know the general public may not recognize me as such since i ~*only*~ did the coding and backend work...if other players don't know, that's fine, who cares.  but you guys are freaking CMs.  even shazamo, despite the lack of support he provided, knew i helped create the wiki.  did you even try to look or is everyone just walking around blind.  with this revelation i'm genuinely insulted by the lack of recognition within DS's own CM/GM network. truly nice to know.  jesus christ

Appreciate it. Thanks

sorry you had to see that.  that was quite unpleasant.  Here's the link. for the most part it's all just WYSISYG once you hit the edit button.  if extra coding and formatting is too much just do the best you can and link the pages you have edited on the forums and i will clean them up for you

#17 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 07:17 AM

but you guys are freaking CMs.  

I am not a CM, I am a volunteer and I am sorry that even Himeyasha didn't tell me about you. Being a normal player before becoming a volunteer I didn't use the wiki because I never needed it and I am sorry that you don't get the appreciation you may deserve. But why didn't you tell us (the players) that you're still there when Himeyasha stopped posting?

Edited by Popcorn, 29 August 2015 - 07:19 AM.

#18 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 29 August 2015 - 07:26 AM

I am the only original DS Wiki admin that is still active in game.  I'll be honest that most of the GM support I requested in order to properly update the wiki has gone unaddressed.  The beauty of the wiki, however, allows the community as a whole to update it at their own accord.  Of course, if the community can't or doesn't know how to contribute, I can only do so much on my own and it would be nice to hear some response to the requests I have been putting in regarding the wiki so that the knowledge base can be of more use to the community.

https://forums.warpp...attack/?hl=wiki

guess this is for you then.
Blue was looking for the admins awhile back and none of them answered.

Edited by StormHaven, 29 August 2015 - 07:28 AM.

#19 igozuvi

igozuvi

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 657 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 07:41 AM

we have contacts with blue outside of forums and since then spam monitors were implemented. most of my work on the wiki is off site and since the pinned thread came down and me and himeyasha rarely check the forums for wiki reasons anymore.  we just don't have the time to comb through every thread these days now that it's gone

#20 PamaypaY

PamaypaY

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 08:23 AM

Wiki admins aren't volunteers for DS, instead took it upon themselves to help make a wiki for a (then) dying game. CM/GM supported the idea and had a pinned thread about it. After many changes in CMs, the support dwindled down to nothingness and the pinned thread is removed since then. The people that made the wiki are not at fault for not updating; lack of support and communications with the game admins put on halt any progress that might have been made towards the wiki. These people are not lazy if they're given the support and the resources to apply their info-gathering. These are the same people that worked on the RO forums and that turned out well because of the game's support.

And as for players asking for wiki updates, it would be better to contact igozuvi rather than posting on forum. Not everyone opens every thread on here nor have the time to. But a private message would be better off and I'm sure you'll be getting a response sooner or later.

#21 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 08:35 AM

And as for players asking for wiki updates, it would be better to contact igozuvi rather than posting on forum. Not everyone opens every thread on here nor have the time to. But a private message would be better off and I'm sure you'll be getting a response sooner or later.

You can only write a private message to someone you know about.

#22 PamaypaY

PamaypaY

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 08:42 AM

You can only write a private message to someone you know about.

Then it would be better if people private messaged you and I'm sure you will be more than happy to direct it to the right Wiki admin, now that you know that igozuvi is the only one left that is active. 

#23 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 08:44 AM

Then it would be better if people private messaged you and I'm sure you will be more than happy to direct it to the right Wiki admin, now that you know that igozuvi is the only one left that is active. 

I agree, but without this topic I would never have known about igozuvi is an admin ;)

For sure this is possible now.

Edited by Popcorn, 29 August 2015 - 08:48 AM.

#24 PamaypaY

PamaypaY

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 08:54 AM

I agree, but without this topic I would never have known about igozuvi is an admin ;)

For sure this is possible now.

Then it's settled. Here. for next time (in case you forget). Took me a long 20 secs to find.

#25 sean718

sean718

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 August 2015 - 09:12 AM

I'd be glad to contribute something towards consistent wiki editors and contributors. Though I might need some time to sort through appropriate compensation. A game with a large player base doesn't normally need that type of boost, but I believe DS is a special case. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users