#1 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 25 August 2015 - 01:39 PM

Yes, this has been brought up many times, but the question remains unanswered if this is even possible. If an official classic RO server can be done, surely an official classic RO2 server can be done as well. Confirmed it is possible to make a pre-AOV server, but it's still up to kRO2 if they want to allow it. If it is possible, how much power do the CMs have in modifying it? Would you guys have the ability to tweak rates, add quests, adjust maps, etc. that the iRO team does for their classic server or would you have some more freedom since it's a version of the game that the developers have no interest in pursuing?

Of course, the CMs would like to know what players would want to see in a Classic RO2 server. Obviously the return of the old RO2 mechanics, but with the bug fixes that came too late. In addition, there are also these sound suggestions that would be great to evaluate for a classic RO2 server.

http://forums.warppo...apon-revamping/

https://forums.warpp...categorization/

https://forums.warpp...my-suggestions/

https://forums.warpp...umes-permanent/

http://ragnarok.wiki...ed_RO2_Features

As for Classic RO2's Kafra Shop:

https://forums.warpp...uying-costumes/

https://forums.warpp...ostumes-unisex/

Some references for how classic RO2 worked:

https://forums.warpp...stats-guidefaq/

https://forums.warpp...on-and-archive/

Also would like to suggest Baldr for the server's name since it's the son of Odin, har har.

EDIT: Started compiling a wishlist of things to make a classic RO2 server successful.

Spoiler

Edited by ZeroTigress, 16 December 2015 - 01:33 AM.

#2 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 August 2015 - 02:00 PM

Also would like to suggest Baldr for the server's name since it's the son of Odin, har har.

We would have to be careful with any mistletoe events around the Yule Festival with Baldr.

#3 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 02:59 PM

Instead of streamlining the quests like the AOV update did, I would rather streamline the monster mobs to just the regular version and baby version. Then expand their spawn zones to the entire map they reside on so players would have more time to loot bodies, since a big issue with looting is because the monsters respawn in too small of an area. This would also give RO2 maps a more RO feel with the monster spawns more spread out.

Obviously quests that require kills of extraneous mobs could just be tweaked to have the regular and baby versions take their place in the quest requirements. It'll take some time, but the overall effect would be well worth it, in my opinion.

Would also be nice to enable the original elements system (water, earth, fire, wind, poison, saint, dark, psychokinesis, and undead) and develop weapon drops with elemental properties. Seems monsters pre-AOV already had the original elements applied to them so it shouldn't be too big of an issue to integrate them. Would also add a bit more dynamic to raid mobs since players would be able to strategize with elements instead of just physical assaults. Or make it so players can earn elemental weapons from raid tokens, that would probably be better for balance.

We would have to be careful with any mistletoe events around the Yule Festival with Baldr.

You people kissing over the servers. Tsk, tsk, no wonder they go down so much.

#4 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 03:23 PM

Instead of streamlining the quests like the AOV update did, I would rather streamline the monster mobs to just the regular version and baby version. Then expand their spawn zones to the entire map they reside on so players would have more time to loot bodies, since a big issue with looting is because the monsters respawn in too small of an area. This would also give RO2 maps a more RO feel with the monster spawns more spread out.

Obviously quests that require kills of extraneous mobs could just be tweaked to have the regular and baby versions take their place in the quest requirements. It'll take some time, but the overall effect would be well worth it, in my opinion.

Would also be nice to enable the original elements system (water, earth, fire, wind, poison, saint, dark, psychokinesis, and undead) and develop weapon drops with elemental properties. Seems monsters pre-AOV already had the original elements applied to them so it shouldn't be too big of an issue to integrate them. Would also add a bit more dynamic to raid mobs since players would be able to strategize with elements instead of just physical assaults. Or make it so players can earn elemental weapons from raid tokens, that would probably be better for balance.

You people kissing over the servers. Tsk, tsk, no wonder they go down so much.

I like these ideas. Where would you focus on first, if we had to target a particular zone? Dark Whisper?

I also like the idea of elements becoming more relevant.

Also, I'm not lying! Look up Baldr and mistletoe.

#5 Idun

Idun

Hail Njoror

• Retired
  • 594 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin & Freyja

Posted 25 August 2015 - 03:33 PM

Spoiler alert!

Spoiler

#6 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 03:37 PM

The mistletoe has significance in both Norse mythos and Christmas, which is what my comment was referencing.

I like these ideas. Where would you focus on first, if we had to target a particular zone? Dark Whisper?

I also like the idea of elements becoming more relevant.

If you guys can expand the original leveling system past base 50, I can delve more into content past that. Otherwise, I'd be focusing on making Lv. 1-50 content more tolerable. That would also go for enabling the original elements system in place of the current post-AOV ones.

#7 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 01:54 PM

Still would like to know if a classic server with old mechanics is something you guys can actually do. Whether you want to or not is up to you, just would like to know if it's a possibility.

Edited by ZeroTigress, 26 August 2015 - 01:54 PM.

#8 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 02:00 PM

Still would like to know if a classic server with old mechanics is something you guys can actually do. Whether you want to or not is up to you, just would like to know if it's a possibility.

If by us, you mean Warpportal and not Gravity, then no. Gravity develops Ragnarok 2, so we're unable to create anything without them currently.

However, the ideas you presented are still interesting and worth discussion, even if we're unable to deliver them exactly the way they're described.

#9 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 02:03 PM

If by us, you mean Warpportal and not Gravity, then no. Gravity develops Ragnarok 2, so we're unable to create anything without them currently.

However, the ideas you presented are still interesting and worth discussion, even if we're unable to deliver them exactly the way they're described.

So this means a pre-AOV version of the game is nonexistent/impossible at this point? (The one without Master Levels, honing, etc.)

#10 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 03:59 PM

So this means a pre-AOV version of the game is nonexistent/impossible at this point? (The one without Master Levels, honing, etc.)

I wouldn't say it's impossible or nonexistent.

Gravity would need to be confident that doing so would be worth the effort. Plus, every detail would need to be planned ahead of time, and if it was approved, where it would fit in the current schedule. It takes quite a while and a lot of steps to approve of new additions to the game, and this would be a big one.

So, I wouldn't say the idea is impossible right now, but we'd need to flesh out more details of how it works, if it's worth it/would players actually use it, and how/when it would work out.

These are the steps for anything that goes into the game, this would just big a much larger undertaking.

#11 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 04:11 PM

I wouldn't say it's impossible or nonexistent.

Gravity would need to be confident that doing so would be worth the effort. Plus, every detail would need to be planned ahead of time, and if it was approved, where it would fit in the current schedule. It takes quite a while and a lot of steps to approve of new additions to the game, and this would be a big one.

So, I wouldn't say the idea is impossible right now, but we'd need to flesh out more details of how it works, if it's worth it/would players actually use it, and how/when it would work out.

These are the steps for anything that goes into the game, this would just big a much larger undertaking.

I see. I just wanted to know if it's an option since, judging by iRO's classic server, such a project is indeed a huge undertaking. But I do know there are players who would be interested in such a server, especially if you guys are able to tweak a significant portion of it.

#12 HikariKouka

HikariKouka

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 26 August 2015 - 10:50 PM

I will just put my though here about a classic server :heh:

Stat : LoTS. We all can see that the broken stat formular of AoV lead to insane monsters that made players can't solo play like DW/FP/JW and brought more broken beween classes.

Skill : Even in LoTS it also broken as F so just wait Gravity/WP/VCR done balancing this :heh: 

Monsters & Bosses : Set back the stat for old contents and put new one for AoV's contents to fit old LoTS stat formular.

Gears :

- Use gold/purple slot system for all gears from dungeon raid after level 50 (Baphomet/Arena/etc...)

- Limit max value of seedrune (Blue max = 30, Red max = 30, Green max = 5)

- Disable Honing until we can complete revamp this system.

- Well we can't disable Refine but I suggest we also need to revamp this system (again)

Costume :

- No permanent stats give on costume (Ninja for example) but yeah it can give buff like drop rate up/ decrease exp when die, etc... when you buy it from Kafra for 15-30 days I guess :hmm:

- New bind rune can't be put in costume (12 slots x 50 = gg with old stat formular)

System change suggest :

- If can I would like to see a normal class level & job level system with no trace of Master Level :heh:

- Eremes & other 4 stars disable pet can stun boss but boss cant be stun more than 5 second for every 30 seconds.

- Revamp pet's skill and by this I mean I want to see more choice for players to choose their pet & master it A.K.A no more "MUST HAVE" level 4 mermaid (I really hate my mermaid because it's F-ing ugly). Most of pet's skill are useless so I want this to be fix by buff/rework pet's skill.

- Hide skills no longer work in dungeon/raid (This is to prevent most of bugs abuse in the past and also prevent things like only hide class can hunt dna/card of dungeon boss to control the market)

- Normal dungeon mode now will become Solo mode instead of party require for everyone want to grind dungeon.

+ In Solo level bosses & monsters are much weaker than Hard level but ofc there are draw back for this.

+ No gears/card drop from Solo level but DNA, material, recipe and other stuffs.

+ This will recyle old contents and also satisfy both solo players & party players.

+ After complete solo mode there should be a portal to warp to the entrance.

+ Same for Osiris and other dungeon like it, should have Solo mode & party mode.

- Remove token exchange for items system for old raids.

- Crafted gear now will work like this :

+ Gears that players obtain from Party mode Raid/Dungeon now can be use as material to craft Enchanced Gear with better stats (ex : AoD scythe -> Enchaced AoD scythe) or in another word it's Normal and Hard gears exchange from token of old raids but with more stats Enchanced gear will have compare to normal gear than Hard gear compare to Normal gear. (Enchanced gears will even stronger than Hard gears in the past)

+ All Echanced Gear recipe can only be obtain through dungeons.

+ Enchanced Gear will require materials that also can only be obtain in dungeon to be crafted.

- MVP world boss :

+ Field boss like Vadon/Virus/Moonlight, etc... Now will be become MVP BOSS and are much much stronger that require only players geared around endgame can challenge.

+ MVP boss will drop card and it unique gears with fix rate (ex : Legendary Vadon Shoes or Legendary Moonnight Flower Gloves :heh:)

+ MVP boss will respawn at random lacation after killed.

Mahhh that is enough I think, all things above are just my fantasy. Please don't bash!

#13 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 11:31 PM

Stat : LoTS. We all can see that the broken stat formular of AoV lead to insane monsters that made players can't solo play like DW/FP/JW and brought more broken beween classes.

Skill : Even in LoTS it also broken as F so just wait Gravity/WP/VCR done balancing this :heh:

With the skills issue, I think that would be better addressed by enabling the original elements system the developers had in place prior to the current ones. Balancing the skills prior to that would be too premature.

Monsters & Bosses : Set back the stat for old contents and put new one for AoV's contents to fit old LoTS stat formular.

That would be interesting to see working.

Gears :
- Use gold/purple slot system for all gears from dungeon raid after level 50 (Baphomet/Arena/etc...)
- Limit max value of seedrune (Blue max = 30, Red max = 30, Green max = 5)
- Disable Honing until we can complete revamp this system.
- Well we can't disable Refine but I suggest we also need to revamp this system (again)

Costume :
- No permanent stats give on costume (Ninja for example) but yeah it can give buff like drop rate up/ decrease exp when die, etc... when you buy it from Kafra for 15-30 days I guess :hmm:
- New bind rune can't be put in costume (12 slots x 50 = gg with old stat formular)

Honing and seedrunes didn't exist in classic RO2 so that shouldn't even be an issue. The old refine system was not that bad.

Costumes shouldn't even have stats to begin with, let alone slot-able.

System change suggest :
- If can I would like to see a normal class level & job level system with no trace of Master Level :heh:

Classic RO2 didn't have Master system so that shouldn't be an issue.

- Revamp pet's skill and by this I mean I want to see more choice for players to choose their pet & master it A.K.A no more "MUST HAVE" level 4 mermaid (I really hate my mermaid because it's F-ing ugly). Most of pet's skill are useless so I want this to be fix by buff/rework pet's skill.

I'd rather reduce pets to being cash shop vanity summons than 30-second walking RO cards. If that's not possible, remove the feature entirely. The monster summoning system as a whole brings unnecessary imbalance to the game and is just badly designed to boot.

- Hide skills no longer work in dungeon/raid (This is to prevent most of bugs abuse in the past and also prevent things like only hide class can hunt dna/card of dungeon boss to control the market)

I don't agree with this. Hiding was only an issue with looting, which was already addressed with the update that unhides players upon looting. I don't see any reason to disable it for dungeons and raids.

- Normal dungeon mode now will become Solo mode instead of party require for everyone want to grind dungeon.
+ In Solo level bosses & monsters are much weaker than Hard level but ofc there are draw back for this.
+ No gears/card drop from Solo level but DNA, material, recipe and other stuffs.
+ This will recyle old contents and also satisfy both solo players & party players.
+ After complete solo mode there should be a portal to warp to the entrance.
+ Same for Osiris and other dungeon like it, should have Solo mode & party mode.

Or just make it so players can enter dungeons without a party. Seems unnecessary to add more modes to the dungeons when they can just make it more accessible. If they could remove/disable the pet summoning system entirely, the DNA drops wouldn't be an issue.

- Remove token exchange for items system for old raids.

What would be an alternative method for players to get gears from old raids then if not through token exchanges? There's too many job classes to cater to for randomized gear drops.

- Crafted gear now will work like this :
+ Gears that players obtain from Party mode Raid/Dungeon now can be use as material to craft Enchanced Gear with better stats (ex : AoD scythe -> Enchaced AoD scythe) or in another word it's Normal and Hard gears exchange from token of old raids but with more stats Enchanced gear will have compare to normal gear than Hard gear compare to Normal gear. (Enchanced gears will even stronger than Hard gears in the past)
+ All Echanced Gear recipe can only be obtain through dungeons.
+ Enchanced Gear will require materials that also can only be obtain in dungeon to be crafted.

Interesting, it would give Blacksmith and Artisan players something to do at endgame. Should have something for Alchemist and Chef players as well, though. Not fair to leave people out.

- MVP world boss :
+ Field boss like Vadon/Virus/Moonlight, etc... Now will be become MVP BOSS and are much much stronger that require only players geared around endgame can challenge.
+ MVP boss will drop card and it unique gears with fix rate (ex : Legendary Vadon Shoes or Legendary Moonnight Flower Gloves :heh:)
+ MVP boss will respawn at random lacation after killed.

The raiding system is RO2's equivalent of RO's MVP system since MVPs are supposed to be difficult monsters to fight. It wouldn't make sense to have MVPs in RO2 as well, plus job classes that are not heavy hitters or have fast DPS can't compete at all.

Edited by ZeroTigress, 26 August 2015 - 11:45 PM.

#14 HikariKouka

HikariKouka

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 27 August 2015 - 02:06 AM

ZeroTigress

Yes I agree with most of your opinion. But let's me explains more about what I said above and why I said that.

I want most of contents won't be forgotten that's why I mentioned about "Solo Mode" and "Party Mode".

Let's face it. Most of this game dungeons even in LoTS were covered in dust because players didn't have any reason to run it expect helping newbie.

So I want all dungeon now become more & more interesting by turn old dungeons to something that can be called new contents or at least it give players reason to run it again.

From level 1-50 we have a lot of potential dungeons that can be exploit. With new "Solo Mode" and "Party Mode" system I mentioned above, newbies now can finish dungeon quest alone no matter what class they are with "Solo Mode" while max level players (50 I think if we won't have ML or new level cap for normal level) can run it in "Party Mode" for diffirent rewards.

The goal of this 2 new mode is satisfy players as much as it can. The "Kirito kind of players" and normal players.

You can run a dungeon alone and obtain DNA(if it won't be remove or rework like you say), Material for Enchanced Gears I said above or for profit.

But you can only obtain gears when you play in "Party Mode" which require teamwork. Let's just say we allow players to access "Party Mode" but 1 player alone can't complete it except he/she are geared with end game set (Like you go for Wolf Cave Party Mode with AoD Enchanced Set).

Same for raid.

And alternative method for players to get gears from old Dungeons/Raids is have no dungeon/raid lockout.

I would like to see they rework the card system or at least make a rework for Boss Card. This will also give players a reason to re run old dungeons/raids. How on earth a Baphomet Card is weaker than Muka Card? Logic? Let's just forget about new contents must always stronger than old contents. How can a harmless Eddga can be stronger than Kiel?

This is why I want to have a MVP Boss system where a wild Baphomet MVP or RSX MVP will scare the sh!t out of players when they just wonder around the map. Also players will need to co-op to raid a MVP Boss so yea, no matter you are heavy DPS or healer, you can't do it alone. Ofc gears & MVP card from MVP Boss should be stronger than dungeon/raid gears and enchanced gears from players.

P.s : What you think if Alchemist can product high doping pills to greatly boost stats & stackable potions? Like normal potion can only stack to 20 but Super Light Potion from Alchemist can be stack to 100.

And Chief can product high quality foods that can stack diffirent effects like RO1? I mean I can eat a STR boost food and after that I eat a AGI boost food but the AGI boost won't replace the STR boost but both active at the same time.

Edited by HikariKouka, 27 August 2015 - 02:16 AM.

#15 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 01:40 PM

Yes I agree with most of your opinion. But let's me explains more about what I said above and why I said that.

I want most of contents won't be forgotten that's why I mentioned about "Solo Mode" and "Party Mode".
Let's face it. Most of this game dungeons even in LoTS were covered in dust because players didn't have any reason to run it expect helping newbie.
So I want all dungeon now become more & more interesting by turn old dungeons to something that can be called new contents or at least it give players reason to run it again.

From level 1-50 we have a lot of potential dungeons that can be exploit. With new "Solo Mode" and "Party Mode" system I mentioned above, newbies now can finish dungeon quest alone no matter what class they are with "Solo Mode" while max level players (50 I think if we won't have ML or new level cap for normal level) can run it in "Party Mode" for diffirent rewards.

The goal of this 2 new mode is satisfy players as much as it can. The "Kirito kind of players" and normal players.
You can run a dungeon alone and obtain DNA(if it won't be remove or rework like you say), Material for Enchanced Gears I said above or for profit.
But you can only obtain gears when you play in "Party Mode" which require teamwork. Let's just say we allow players to access "Party Mode" but 1 player alone can't complete it except he/she are geared with end game set (Like you go for Wolf Cave Party Mode with AoD Enchanced Set).
Same for raid.

And alternative method for players to get gears from old Dungeons/Raids is have no dungeon/raid lockout.

I don't think we're talking about the same thing so let's refer to regular dungeons as dungeons while raid dungeons are raids since they're 2 very different dungeon systems.

Unfortunately, if you disable certain drops from solo mode, that already devalues it since players wouldn't be willing to go through the same grind for less rewards. In addition, solo players would get around that by simply partying up with their alts, which would then make it a waste of extra programming for something that will likely be underutilized. As of now, the only value regular dungeons have is for people wanting to progress the main quests. If we can enable the original elements system, we could add elemental weapon drops to those dungeons to add replay value to them.

I don't agree with the removal of raid lockouts because I believe those are in place to give newer players time to catch up to veteran players. If players were able to reenter raids over and over again with no cooldown, they'd be too far ahead new players in terms of raid gears.

I would like to see they rework the card system or at least make a rework for Boss Card. This will also give players a reason to re run old dungeons/raids. How on earth a Baphomet Card is weaker than Muka Card? Logic? Let's just forget about new contents must always stronger than old contents. How can a harmless Eddga can be stronger than Kiel?
This is why I want to have a MVP Boss system where a wild Baphomet MVP or RSX MVP will scare the sh!t out of players when they just wonder around the map. Also players will need to co-op to raid a MVP Boss so yea, no matter you are heavy DPS or healer, you can't do it alone. Ofc gears & MVP card from MVP Boss should be stronger than dungeon/raid gears and enchanced gears from players.

P.s : What you think if Alchemist can product high doping pills to greatly boost stats & stackable potions? Like normal potion can only stack to 20 but Super Light Potion from Alchemist can be stack to 100.
And Chief can product high quality foods that can stack diffirent effects like RO1? I mean I can eat a STR boost food and after that I eat a AGI boost food but the AGI boost won't replace the STR boost but both active at the same time.

What I would like to see out of the card system in RO2 is a combination of their old card synthesis system combined with RO-like effects. For this, the monster summoning system truly has to be removed from the game entirely. Reason being the effects that those pet monsters have would be better transferred to their respective cards to make the system more reminiscent of RO's card system.

Once the monster summoning system is gone and the monster effects transferred to their respective effect cards, what should be done next is to reimplement the old card synthesis system which requires players to synthesize bronze cards into silver cards and silver cards into gold cards. This is how I'd like to see it work:

100 bronze Baphomet Cards > 1 silver Baphomet Card
100 silver Baphomet Cards > 1 gold Baphomet Card
100 gold Baphomet Card > 1 Baphomet card with effects

Bronze, silver, and gold cards would simply have the same stat effects as they do now. Only the final card will have the actual effects. What this accomplishes is to bring RO Cards into RO2, but have players grind for it differently. This combined with a lower drop rate on cards would make it a balanced system that gives RO2 an RO feel but does it differently. Of course, GMs would need to be active in preventing duped cards. Perhaps another way to mitigate this could be to charge players zeny per card synthesis. Or make all cards account-bound, that might be a better way to go about it as it would make it easier for the GMs to lock down card dupes.

I still don't agree with bringing the MVP system into RO2 because the MVPs should have AIs of raid dungeon quality, which doesn't make sense to throw out into the world maps. It creates competition of an unhealthy sort. With the card system I just proposed, keeping MVP monsters to dungeons and raids is much more balanced because it keeps high end cards out of the hands of botters. Perhaps a better compromise would be to reevaluate elite monsters on the world map to make them stronger and aggressive. How about if you attack the mobs that the elite monster is related to a lot, the elite monster will go after you to protect its kind. Each time you kill its relatives, you'll raise your threat level and whoever has the highest threat level will be targeted by the elite monster first. Then if that person runs away, the elite monster goes after the next person with the second highest threat level.

Your ideas for Alchemist and Chef are promising, but I'd would like to see Chef recipes get reevaluated since they're the only life jobs that are dependent on NPC ingredients, which is very unfair considering all the other life jobs have processing recipes that don't cost them anything.

Edited by ZeroTigress, 27 August 2015 - 01:47 PM.

#16 AikaFuwa

AikaFuwa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 01:54 PM

I love the good old time (Pre-AoV) when we can solo-leveling

#17 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 02:02 PM

If we can streamline monster mobs and enable the original elements system (water, earth, fire, wind, poison, holy, dark, psychokinesis, and undead), I can definitely come up with quests for level 50 - 99 if those are lacking.

#18 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 02:52 PM

If we can streamline monster mobs and enable the original elements system (water, earth, fire, wind, poison, holy, dark, psychokinesis, and undead), I can definitely come up with quests for level 50 - 99 if those are lacking.

Some of our VCRs are actually trying to put together a comprehensive list of level/monster exp to figure out the kinks in the leveling chain. The idea is to then figure out where we could improve, and with what we can improve. We're definitely interested in finding ways to help fix the leveling progression without sacrificing story or just doing boosts.

And I dig the element system.

#19 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 03:02 PM

Some of our VCRs are actually trying to put together a comprehensive list of level/monster exp to figure out the kinks in the leveling chain. The idea is to then figure out where we could improve, and with what we can improve. We're definitely interested in finding ways to help fix the leveling progression without sacrificing story or just doing boosts.

Not sure if that'll be necessary for Classic RO2 since Master Levels don't exist in Classic RO2 so I don't think the leveling will be as bad as it is in the main servers.

#20 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 11:59 PM

The technical aspect of setting up the server wouldn't be much of an issue, the problem is if this serv is more successful than Odin/Freyja it would rise questions about content development. What's the point of unlocking new levels beyond current ML40 if the game is more successful in terms of nº of players in the stall state of Lv50 without master level?

#21 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 12:17 AM

The technical aspect of setting up the server wouldn't be much of an issue, the problem is if this serv is more successful than Odin/Freyja it would rise questions about content development. What's the point of unlocking new levels beyond current ML40 if the game is more successful in terms of nº of players in the stall state of Lv50 without master level?

Similarly to iRO's classic server, the iRO2 classic server's main audience are veteran RO2 players that prefer the game mechanics of pre-AOV RO2 and RO players that want a similar experience to what they're used to in a 3D setting. Whether new players would enjoy the old mechanics as well is up in the air as new players seem fine with the post-AOV mechanics of the game.

Edited by ZeroTigress, 28 August 2015 - 05:22 AM.

#22 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 12:50 AM

I'm not opposed to the idea, on the contrary, but I do understand the questions such server would arise from a company side point of view. The risk of some players migrate to LOTS server with the low population there currently is would be impactful to Odin/Freyja, and if it turns out to be more successful than the servers we currenly have available, a whole year and a half of work would be put into questioning, as well as future content for AOV. I mean, if the community clearly shows it prefers to play LOTS content that is stuck in the past of RO2, how can devs bring fresh new content and expand the game if it's not AOV ? And like I asked, what's the point of patching AOV servers with new content if it is only for a small minority of game playerbase ?

That's how I perceive it anyway, I am by no means against such server to exist, I'm only discussing about what the possible consequences might be to the game.

EDIT: And I feel I'm repeating myself as if I wasn't clear enough in the first post. lol

Edited by 5318130516144610857, 28 August 2015 - 12:55 AM.

#23 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 05:14 AM

I'm not opposed to the idea, on the contrary, but I do understand the questions such server would arise from a company side point of view. The risk of some players migrate to LOTS server with the low population there currently is would be impactful to Odin/Freyja, and if it turns out to be more successful than the servers we currenly have available, a whole year and a half of work would be put into questioning, as well as future content for AOV. I mean, if the community clearly shows it prefers to play LOTS content that is stuck in the past of RO2, how can devs bring fresh new content and expand the game if it's not AOV ? And like I asked, what's the point of patching AOV servers with new content if it is only for a small minority of game playerbase ?

That's how I perceive it anyway, I am by no means against such server to exist, I'm only discussing about what the possible consequences might be to the game.

EDIT: And I feel I'm repeating myself as if I wasn't clear enough in the first post. lol

The direction of future content would be up to the developers whether they wish to pursue the changes they made to the game or reevaluate where they went wrong with the game when they implemented the changes they did with AOV. What the classic RO2 server will serve to do in that regard is hopefully persuade the developers that some of their old ideas is worth reconsidering; a proof of concept, if you will. The fact that this idea of a classic RO2 server has been brought up multiple times is proof that there is still interest in what the game used to be than what it is now.

Most of the old guard of iRO2 is gone by now so I don't think much of the current playerbase would be willing to abandon the main servers in favor of starting over from scratch on a server with old mechanics. Thinking that a significant portion of the servers will move over to the classic RO2 server is a bit of an overestimation.

Regardless, I'm 99% sure Gravity will not go for this so there's no harm in doing some armchair Imagineering for a better RO2 that's more true to its prequel.

Edited by ZeroTigress, 28 August 2015 - 05:15 AM.

#24 jdmtouch

jdmtouch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1535 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Aranzeb

Posted 28 August 2015 - 07:16 AM

mmm pre-aov THE DREAM!

#25 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 08:29 AM

I'm guessing the VIP system is hardcoded, but if not, I'd like to see a VIP system similar to that of RO where it's account-bound rather than character-bound. Higher EXP rate with cheap Kafra fees for flight along with the card album as a part of the UI and not a Kafra Shop purchase.

Because honestly, when you've got RO right o'er yonder with its superior VIP system, why would anyone in their right mind want to invest in RO2's character-bound VIP? If you're going to create a sequel game, the cash shop for that game should be similar or better than the prequel game, not worse. People are going to compare and they're right to do so considering both games are developed by the same company so it actually looks bad on the company to think they could nickel-and-dime players when they're very well capable and knowledgeable enough to come up with a VIP system that's inherently superior than what is being offered.

mmm pre-aov THE DREAM!

Herro Kitty.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users