Classic RO2 Server - Page 3 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic RO2 Server

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
167 replies to this topic

#51 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 03 September 2015 - 04:42 PM

Please, client and server side optimization ;-;

Kind of hard to optimize for different PC builds. What should be the standard build to optimize for?

also client and server side anticheat .-.

People will just find ways around it. They always do.

#52 johnwally

johnwally

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 142 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:14 PM

would it be possible to add PK channel on it too? i'd really like a PK channel for RO2 hahaha

last time i posted about suggesting a PK channel others went nuts. idk. it's just one channel and it's optional. i just want to play on a PK channel because it keeps me interested in the game longer.

if i remember well there's ch10, only selectable once in WoE map, would be a matter of just making the option to go there visible outside this map and some changes, allowing PK without a duel or something like this

Well let me clarify since I think profession bags are rather uncommon bags to see in MMOs. Profession bags are bags designed to hold only crafting materials for a particular profession. What would happen is when you gather/loot crafting materials, all of it would go directly into your profession bag as opposed to your main bag and then your extra bags. This would be particularly useful for players like me that like to sort inventory items (i.e. one bag for materials, one bag for foods, one bag for weapons, one bag for everything else, etc.). What currently happens is that the system transfers all items to the main bag first and then the additional bags afterwards once the previous ones fill up. For people who like to keep things organized, they'd be constantly having to go through their bags to re-sort things. This would at least allow players focused on job leveling to be able to keep their materials separated from the rest of their loots to track how much materials they have to craft. Profession bags are very useful whether the majority of players care for them or not. I personally loved them in WoW and since RO2 is designed to mimic WoW in some aspects, I would like to be able to craft those bags here as well.

i understood it, initially afraid of accepting it, but after reading more about it, it'd be a nice idea mixing your idea with the Warlords of Draenor bag assignment instead of adding a new bag from the start (hmm 4 bags plus storage for all sorts of items seems so low, 5 could be enough):

• All bags would be set as a normal bag by default (current);
  • Players can assign a specific bag to hold equipments, profession items or costumes, which would automatically add a mark to the bag;
  • Once the assignment is done (which can be changed at any time), any items not matching that category won't be accepted in that bag, and clicking the Sort will sort all bags according to the assignment given.

But, an example, if one want only a specific profession items, it could require a new item specification, such as "Usable professions: All, except Chef", similarly to RO

Edited by johnwally, 03 September 2015 - 07:16 PM.

#53 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:47 PM

i understood it, initially afraid of accepting it, but after reading more about it, it'd be a nice idea mixing your idea with the Warlords of Draenor bag assignment instead of adding a new bag from the start (hmm 4 bags plus storage for all sorts of items seems so low, 5 could be enough):

• All bags would be set as a normal bag by default (current);
  • Players can assign a specific bag to hold equipments, profession items or costumes, which would automatically add a mark to the bag;
  • Once the assignment is done (which can be changed at any time), any items not matching that category won't be accepted in that bag, and clicking the Sort will sort all bags according to the assignment given.
But, an example, if one want only a specific profession items, it could require a new item specification, such as "Usable professions: All, except Chef", similarly to RO

Interesting proposition. That would be a very nice thing to have in RO2.

I also wish we had 5 bag slots like WoW does. You'd think Gravity would be interested in giving us 5 bag slots since players would be more interested in buying more Super Large Bags.

#54 KuroiKoneko

KuroiKoneko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 632 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 08:31 PM

Kind of hard to optimize for different PC builds. What should be the standard build to optimize for?

Then how most others new and old F2P games optimized pretty well?

People will just find ways around it. They always do.

Hmm, so it won't help even with speedhackers by pushing them back when speed too high or when skill animations delay too low\casting time was too short?
atleast make in-game player reporting then :o

p.s. make all bags craftable would be nice too tho, but add
use_cash_bagslotextend_01.pngUltralarge Bag Extension (5 Slots)
as kafra shop item instead of SLB

Edited by KuroiKoneko, 03 September 2015 - 08:36 PM.

#55 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 01:40 AM

Then how most others new and old F2P games optimized pretty well?

Don't know, I'm just saying we should give the developers a frame a reference since it doesn't seem like they know what to optimize for. Can't assume Gravity knows.

Hmm, so it won't help even with speedhackers by pushing them back when speed too high or when skill animations delay too low\casting time was too short?
atleast make in-game player reporting then :o

Making an anti-cheat system means the developers would have to be on top of what's going on in the game and be deligent enough to counter cheats. Which I don't have much faith in them to do so (why else rely on 3rd party programs like Hackshield?).

An in-game report function would be a little more within reason.

p.s. make all bags craftable would be nice too tho, but add
use_cash_bagslotextend_01.pngUltralarge Bag Extension (5 Slots)
as kafra shop item instead of SLB

Interesting. That would be a lot more profitable than SLBs. Wonder why they haven't offered that yet.

#56 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 03:45 PM

Would be really nice if GM accounts had access to the GM outfit from RO.

http://vignette2.wik...=20150905231449

Would also make it easier for players to spot GMs in the middle of a crowd during events.

#57 johnwally

johnwally

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 04:50 PM

Would also make it easier for players to spot GMs in the middle of a crowd during events.

i have a feeling that when they finish 3D'ing this RO GM costume, it'll resemble other costumes a lot and there's the dyeing system that can make anyone look like GM

they would have to make this costume shine or add a special visual effect, such as in wonderland/fox & wolf/magpie

now imagine if njoror had his special costume, popping out in front of people like this:

Mark_Chang.jpg

hahahahahahahahahaha

#58 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 05:15 PM

i have a feeling that when they finish 3D'ing this RO GM costume, it'll resemble other costumes a lot and there's the dyeing system that can make anyone look like GM
they would have to make this costume shine or add a special visual effect, such as in wonderland/fox & wolf/magpie

now imagine if njoror had his special costume, popping out in front of people like this:
Mark_Chang.jpg
hahahahahahahahahaha

Don't recall any outfit that resembles the GM costume. Even then, nothing is that white aside from the female wedding dress. You'd have to be pretty lucky to dye a robe white with how the dye system works in RO2. Either way, a simple look upwards to find the GM moniker is a pretty easy way to determine if someone's really a GM or not.

That aside, the GM outfit should only be accessible to GM accounts for identification purposes and work like the WoE robes in that it covers up whatever job class the GM characters are. Would add more verification factors for players that doubt if someone's a GM. Right now the only visual cue we have for GMs are the GM moniker.

#59 9752130524201037570

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 11:04 PM

When your team going to introduce 3rd job class? It's pretty boring, we need to keep grinding to ML 40+ using the same skills.

Or

The game will stop updating any content after Niflheim and slowly closing down.

#60 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 11:39 PM

When your team going to introduce 3rd job class? It's pretty boring, we need to keep grinding to ML 40+ using the same skills.

Or

The game will stop updating any content after Niflheim and slowly closing down.

Don't see what that has to do with a classic RO2 server. You should go ask the developers in Korea, WarpPortal is just a publisher.

#61 johnwally

johnwally

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 10:33 AM

Don't recall any outfit that resembles the GM costume. Even then, nothing is that white aside from the female wedding dress. You'd have to be pretty lucky to dye a robe white with how the dye system works in RO2. Either way, a simple look upwards to find the GM moniker is a pretty easy way to determine if someone's really a GM or not.

That aside, the GM outfit should only be accessible to GM accounts for identification purposes and work like the WoE robes in that it covers up whatever job class the GM characters are. Would add more verification factors for players that doubt if someone's a GM. Right now the only visual cue we have for GMs are the GM moniker.

Guild robe and female school uniform somehow resemble in my opinion. Right now there are still some pure white dyed costumes out there (such as ninja style), because in the past (i don't know if past enough to suit in a classic server) it was possible to dye pure white/black, that's why i suggested something visually special in their outfits, if it comes to RO2, but yeah, moniker is pretty much enough to identify a GM

#62 TontonAlarcon

TontonAlarcon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 03:40 PM

just wanted to add, would it be possible for the monsters to spawn randomly on the map (ala RO1) instead of having "spots" where they spawn? imo it's better if people actually move when farming and not just camp and claim a spot. :)

#63 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 08:30 PM

just wanted to add, would it be possible for the monsters to spawn randomly on the map (ala RO1) instead of having "spots" where they spawn? imo it's better if people actually move when farming and not just camp and claim a spot. :)

Would just have to expand the spawn zone to the entire map instead of certain spots like they do now.

#64 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 02:36 PM

For future job class progression, I would much like to have RO's original progression structure (not exact job classes, but the design of specialization through progression).

l6rZHGy.png

As opposed to its watered-down current structure. (BORING!)

YPihzfG.png

The original progression gave each class more of a specialized role with each class tier advancement (Novice > 1st Class > 2nd Class > 3rd Class) and, as such, gave more balanced depth to each job class's design. RO2's developers aimed to follow RO's current progression structure, which is very lame way to go about it. Why bother designing class trees if they end up being linear? Might as well remove all the other tiers entirely and just jump straight into 3rd Classes WoW-style. (Please don't.)

#65 johnwally

johnwally

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 04:14 PM

Would just have to expand the spawn zone to the entire map instead of certain spots like they do now.

and making sure mobs don't climb mountains as if they were walking normally (servant of eddga/jawaii reference)

#66 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 12:22 PM

Would like to see the classic RO2 Kafra Shop get these:

-permanent costumes offered outside of the gamble boxes (no more 10-day, 15-day, 30-day, etc. rentals); costumes (permanent) outside of gamble boxes should be priced higher than those earned from gamble boxes so players can choose to either gamble for the costumes (permanent) or buy them straight up at a higher price. The point of this is to offer more options to players to get these costumes instead of forcing everyone on only one option.
-permanent mounts; same as with the costumes, give the option to buy them straight up at higher prices or gamble in gamble boxes for a low price.
-with the removal of the Monster Summoning System, offer permanent vanity pets (no stats, effects or anything, just a display sprite) that can be toggled on/off like mounts; again, allow players to buy them straight up at higher prices or gamble for lower prices.
-account-wide VIP that mimics that of RO's VIP system; players need to only look as far as RO to know that you're nickel-and-dime-ing people with RO2's character-bound VIP system. If you insist on keeping the character-bound VIP system, then offer the account-bound VIP system alongside it. Again, more options means more opportunities for profits instead of relying on restricted offerings.

Bad direction to go for the classic server's Kafra Shop:
-keep rental costumes and mounts as the only options
-keep gamble boxes as the only option to get said rental costumes and mounts
-don't offer account-wide VIP
-offer player-crafted items (easy way to discourage crafted goods from being produced from players, which is bad for the crafting system as a whole)

#67 TontonAlarcon

TontonAlarcon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 01:08 PM

i like the suggested class progression/specialization. for example, a Priest would be able to specialize to be either a High Priest that gets access to higher single target healing skills but mediocre or minimal mass heal capabilities or Arch Bishop with more AoE heals but sucks at single target healing. it's a tradeoff and gives players more options/builds to explore.

i agree with the costumes. i don't know why they don't have a single costume for sale outside of boxes. i also wanted to add that costumes have to be purely aesthetic, no stats or sockets please. free mount sucks (i am looking at you peco peco). An event once in a while should be released to give players access to free seasonal alternative mounts or give us the ability to customize mounts as well (i.e. the ability to fit my peco peco with armor to make him look more badass despite being a lame flightless bird). Having them purchasable outright is good business as well. it's not like they're tradeable. it could also bring more income as even casual players might get tempted to purchase something from the cash shop if there is no gamble involved. pets are a very welcome addition too.

#68 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 01:33 PM

i like the suggested class progression/specialization. for example, a Priest would be able to specialize to be either a High Priest that gets access to higher single target healing skills but mediocre or minimal mass heal capabilities or Arch Bishop with more AoE heals but sucks at single target healing. it's a tradeoff and gives players more options/builds to explore.

If they ever decide to revamp the job class trees to mimic RO's, I have some ideas on how the 3rd Classes could be specialized. http://ragnarok.wiki...ki/Thread:15790 I'm basing the specializations on how the visual design of the job classes look instead of their current functions now. It would give each job classes distinct roles and assures that each one has viability in the game in some way.

i agree with the costumes. i don't know why they don't have a single costume for sale outside of boxes. i also wanted to add that costumes have to be purely aesthetic, no stats or sockets please. free mount sucks (i am looking at you peco peco). An event once in a while should be released to give players access to free seasonal alternative mounts or give us the ability to customize mounts as well (i.e. the ability to fit my peco peco with armor to make him look more badass despite being a lame flightless bird). Having them purchasable outright is good business as well. it's not like they're tradeable. it could also bring more income as even casual players might get tempted to purchase something from the cash shop if there is no gamble involved. pets are a very welcome addition too.

I wouldn't mind the gambling element so much if they just made it so costumes weren't gender-bound. People have budgets and if you give options to suits different budgets, you'd increase your chance of making profits. So if they really want to keep the gamble boxes, then make the costumes unisex (in that you only need one icon/item that is usable on both male and female characters). Otherwise, if they insist on having separate costume icons/items for each gender, offer them straight up in the Kafra Shop at higher prices.
  • [Permanent] Core costume pieces (shirt and pants) = 600 Kafra Points each
  • [Permanent] Costume accessories (e.g. wings, hats, etc.) = 400 Kafra Points each
  • [Permanent] Mounts = 400 Kafra Points each
  • [Permanent] Vanity pets = 400 Kafra Points each
Mobile games have proven that people are willing to shell out for character customization and accessories. Not everyone wants to gamble and by not giving options for people who want to buy costumes and mounts straight up, you basically alienate that sector of the playerbase from supporting the game. Just seems like bad business to me to further limit your paying customerbase in an already limited customerbase.

#69 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 04:06 PM

Any way of getting these old beta UI as UI skin options?

https://forums.warpp...ting/?p=1400529

This shows one of the old UI's login windows, which looks REALLY nice.

Surely the developers have the old designs somewhere, so all that's needed would be to apply them to classic RO2's launch UI.

#70 johnwally

johnwally

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 05:20 PM

Any way of getting these old beta UI as UI skin options?

This shows one of the old UI's login windows, which looks REALLY nice.

Surely the developers have the old designs somewhere, so all that's needed would be to apply them to classic RO2's launch UI.

1000 times agree! this final beta UI is much nicer than the original LotS leather UI:

btw is there any chance of bringing back someday removed skills, such as thief's Deadly Throwing and Invenom?

#71 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 09:33 PM

1000 times agree! this final beta UI is much nicer than the original LotS leather UI:

Wait a second, am I seeing that right? The card album was part of the UI and not a Kafra Shop rental item??? I am beyond appalled, they had a great game going during beta and screwed it up before launch on purpose!

btw is there any chance of bringing back someday removed skills, such as thief's Deadly Throwing and Invenom?

I can only assume skills such as those in addition to Steal and Storm Gust were removed either because the developers couldn't figure out a way to balance them or they couldn't get them to work properly.

#72 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 September 2015 - 07:53 AM

There is actually a GM outfit in the game.

I don't think most CMs use it, since we can invoke the giant pink GM tag above our heads.

Our outfit is slightly different, if I remember correctly, but has GM displayed on it.

#73 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 08:50 AM

There is actually a GM outfit in the game.

I don't think most CMs use it, since we can invoke the giant pink GM tag above our heads.

Our outfit is slightly different, if I remember correctly, but has GM displayed on it.

Screenshots, please?

#74 TontonAlarcon

TontonAlarcon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 01:14 PM

i saw a GM way way back in 2013 wearing a GM costume that looks a bit like a jester. it has the GM tag on the arm. it doesn't look good. lol. if i remember correctly, it's in red and brown shade with a silly sideways hat.

EDIT: bring back GM Alpaca on RO2 classic to bring the Alpacalype  :heh:

Edited by TontonAlarcon, 10 September 2015 - 01:18 PM.

#75 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 02:03 PM

For the Classic RO2 server, can we increase the character limit for names and guild names to 16 characters like how it is in RO? And how about allowing us to use spaces in the names? (I think the code considers spaces as special characters.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users