earn WP Options. Massive issues - WarpPortal Technical - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

earn WP Options. Massive issues

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Spre123

Spre123

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 05:57 PM

I submitted a report, but im posting it as its needed.

Ive been doing various things in that area to earn wp, a few hours worth, somethings were ok, others not so much. Im a computer person, repair is what i do, my main gaming machine is kept in check i run scans and clean up anything weekly, so it was clean.

I noticed a CRIMEWATCH popup in firefox after doing the download and install and run deal for a websgame and musicman for 80wp each. these 2 programs are bundled with crimewatch, a very invasive and evasive maleware, still cant get rid of it.

The survey ones from EARNWP -> superrewards they lead to nothing not even wp credit, however they do produce popups which contain malicious code(you cant run adblocker or most of the earnwp stuff does not load)

when it was all said and done, i just cleaned up 237 malicious items all traced back to some of these offers.(still cant get rid of crimewatch, its evading maleware bytes)

they also changed the firefox homepage, and installed a fake yahoosearch in the options, AND changed IEs settings to use a proxy(i only found this after i restarted the machine and couldnt connect to the ro patch servers and had to investigate the IE settings)

does warp portal moderate these or do they just link to them? if no moderation maybe it should be done

Kinda feel extremely violated this happened, and ive done trial pay type stuff before on numerous games and programs and have never had this issue.

and im wondering if this ticket i submitted can get escallated so these issues can be recitified, im sure the security and privacy of customers is important.

#2 Jello Shaker

Jello Shaker

Shake Shake

• Community Managers
  • 80 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 28 August 2015 - 08:07 AM

Hey Spre!

Notified people about this, so we're gonna take a look at what's going on with these earned rewards things. Thanks for letting us know.

#3 Spre123

Spre123

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 09:54 AM

the response to my ticket was " we have no control over this, they are third parts offers"

That is EXTREMELY scarey, the fact that WP support says that, it needs to be monitored.

on another note, there is a bigger issue with the system then that. I bought 3000wp via visacheckout (some stupid first time crap wouldnt let me use my cc the regular way but aid "if you wish to purchase immediately use other payment methods(Xsolla)"

so i did that going through visa checkout, after it was done the dang thing errored, i have no wp and yet the 30 bucks was taken INSTANTLY out of my account.

support is of no help i tell you "send us a copy of the transaction id"   what part of IT ERRORED AND STILL TOOK MY MONEY did they not understand? you get an error you dont get a transaction ID, and the entry on my online account info for my card just lists normal crap

Xsolla h.Xsolla.com and the phone number

getting very extremely irritated as i dont play around with my money.

#4 Spre123

Spre123

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 09:52 AM

going on 3 days and nothing.

i work in the customer service field, if my company did this it would be out of bussiness, theres no excuse.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users