• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Arjay

Arjay

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 05:18 AM

Is it me or is Mid TI right now is not RG OB solo friendly. its so hard to position OB properly specially with positioning lag (I play in New Zealand). Curse is a pain cant move properly and OB sometimes doesnt do any damage but takes away SP. is it a bug or im just hitting air even though mobs are beside me? 

Any suggestion making soloing TI easier? i can one shot ancient mummy and anubis if they hit a wall. and mobs hit me 300 per hit and have 20k+ hp. usually dont die easily accept if OB is playing up and critical wound messing with pumpkin recovery.

#2 devaiah

devaiah

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1455 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 28 August 2015 - 05:31 AM

Carry Holy waters to remove the curs, other than that, IDK.

#3 Noxnel

Noxnel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1595 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 August 2015 - 06:23 AM

What the guy î said. Try using my guide for RG solo lvling without pots for either HP or SP. No need for MvP or godly gears!

#4 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 28 August 2015 - 06:39 AM

Dont know what the mid TI map looks like but if the problem is the curse that slow you down, then just bring holy water. Also dont you use any leeching gears like 4 red flies pike or 1 red fly Thanatos spear? Never done mid TI for ages now, maybe use fire converters too if the previous monsters are not strong against fire.

Forgot to say that, dont use Guard. For me, I only use Guard in WoE haha

Over all, dont think too much just hit and kill them /rice

Edited by ChakriGuard, 28 August 2015 - 09:15 AM.

#5 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora

Posted 28 August 2015 - 07:08 AM

i will assume you're already using endure?

#6 mrricebox

mrricebox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2194 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Canada

Posted 28 August 2015 - 08:50 AM

If you're riding a gryphon and you get hit without Endure while trying to mob, this can often position bug you so that your OB range does not reach the mob you're trying to hit. Getting off your gryphon does help with this (although it takes away the bonuses present while riding one), and if you need to escape tight jams like that and you're Endure is on CD, maybe grab some Anodynes and keep them hotkeyed. I haven't been in Mid TI in forever as well, but I can imagine with the ugly map and its awkward layout that a RG can struggle while soloing.

Edit: oh, I guess if you have a WPH combo that helps with HP regen, as for SP I kinda just go back to Eden and sit inside for a bit lol.

Edited by mrricebox, 28 August 2015 - 08:52 AM.

#7 Noxnel

Noxnel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1595 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 09:49 AM

Dont know what the mid TI map looks like but if the problem is the curse that slow you down, then just bring holy water. Also dont you use any leeching gears like 4 red flies pike or 1 red fly Thanatos spear? Never done mid TI for ages now, maybe use fire converters too if the previous monsters are not strong against fire.

Forgot to say that, dont use Guard. For me, I only use Guard in WoE haha

Over all, dont think too much just hit and kill them /rice

You don't need to place all four slots with Hunter Flies. Also, Pike has no drawback except for low dmg, but that can be overlooked for the stability it brings along. I managed to solo High TI with pretty much mid tier gears.

#8 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 09:53 AM

You don't need to place all four slots with Hunter Flies. Also, Pike has no drawback except for low dmg, but that can be overlooked for the stability it brings along. I managed to solo High TI with pretty much mid tier gears.

Thats how I used to do before. It works very effectively   :p_devil:  :p_angel:

Edited by ChakriGuard, 28 August 2015 - 10:50 AM.

#9 mrricebox

mrricebox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2194 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 10:02 AM

Agree with Chakri senpai, 4 h-flies works well and regens very consistently. I've never actually tried a Thana spear yet, so I guess I'll put that on my to-do list.

#10 Zherot

Zherot

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 10:41 AM

Thats the reason i shelved my RG, over brand just plain SUCKS and the position lag dosent help either.

#11 Noxnel

Noxnel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1595 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 11:22 AM

Thats the reason i shelved my RG, over brand just plain SUCKS and the position lag dosent help either.

OB really is not the best AoE (arguably) out there... But you can master it and use it pretty well. OB + Vanaguard Helm is the best combination. OB gives multiple SEPARATE hits so it's the best for Battle Reflux style.

#12 mrricebox

mrricebox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2194 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 11:28 AM

It's good, but compared to DB it's really lackluster. The delay hurts, the push-back can get annoying at times, and it almost feels like RKs are favoured and RGs are forgotten.

Oh wait, RKs are favoured  :heh: guess we should stick to FS.

#13 Noxnel

Noxnel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1595 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 12:02 PM

It's good, but compared to DB it's really lackluster. The delay hurts, the push-back can get annoying at times, and it almost feels like RKs are favoured and RGs are forgotten.

Oh wait, RKs are favoured  :heh: guess we should stick to FS

That's what I meant for "not the best" it really sucks that DB has the best dmg potential and it's a MATK AoE, so it will always hit while OB requires a lot of HIT rate.

HOW-EVER...

Spoiler

#14 mrricebox

mrricebox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2194 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 12:38 PM

I would love to spam Genesis Ray, it has such potential, but like no one ever walks around with a party of RGs in Banding together and I ain't wasting 1% of my EXP to have access to GR for 90 seconds x___x. This class needs a HIT boost or some sort of buff badly because 25 HIT from VP is nothing, especially when monsters/MVPs agi-up.

#15 Noxnel

Noxnel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1595 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 12:50 PM

I would love to spam Genesis Ray, it has such potential, but like no one ever walks around with a party of RGs in Banding together and I ain't wasting 1% of my EXP to have access to GR for 90 seconds x___x. This class needs a HIT boost or some sort of buff badly because 25 HIT from VP is nothing, especially when monsters/MVPs agi-up.

That's why I made another RG in a separate account, so I can freely enjoy GR the living thing out of mobs whenever I feel like n.n.

It has the potential but not the charisma RKs have with their overgrown lizards. But I understand the point of view behind this nerf making RGs into FS builds, it's just like RG to be humble and holdback EVEN when fighting u.u.

#16 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 12:52 PM

Yeah they need to buff RG. This class currently is sad, bad, and mad  :p_idea:  :p_hi:

Meanwhile we're on the OB topic, "x" direct OB

Spoiler

#17 Hikusaak

Hikusaak

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1384 posts
  • LocationCircle Palace, Crystal Valley, Harmonia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 August 2015 - 02:55 PM

That's what I meant for "not the best" it really sucks that DB has the best dmg potential and it's a MATK AoE, so it will always hit while OB requires a lot of HIT rate.

DB is not in any way a magic attack.

If it were,then it means:

-GTB will completely block it

-Pneuma won't work on it

-ME works on it

-Stasis works on it

The reason why it never misses is because the skill itself completely ignores flee,not because of it's a magic attack.

Other physical attack skills that ignore flee are Guillotine Fist,Acid Bomb,Cart Cannon,Pinpoint Attack and some others.

So it's like a feature of a skill :no1:

#18 mrricebox

mrricebox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2194 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 03:24 PM

-Pneuma won't work on it

-ME works on it

-Stasis works on it

The reason why it never misses is because the skill itself completely ignores flee,not because of it's a magic attack.

Other physical attack skills that ignore flee are Guillotine Fist,Acid Bomb,Cart Cannon,Pinpoint Attack and some others.

A feature RGs need on their skills badly and won't get nerfed to oblivion.

#19 Noxnel

Noxnel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1595 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 04:01 PM

-Pneuma won't work on it

-ME works on it

-Stasis works on it

Needless to say I was completely oblivious to that fact O.O. Thank you kindly for sharing this crucial piece of information, Hikusaak-san. Though my point is still true, it applies similar to a matk, never missing the hit on mobs/players. Still, thank you very much for clarifying the skill to me, I really don't appreciate the knight class haha. =p

#20 Arjay

Arjay

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 08:38 PM

yes I do use endure but if mobbing 5 anubis and 10 ancient mummy in mid ti endure will last less than 3 sec.

after going back to mid ti I realize the problem. im not sure which mob does it but they have a knockback skill. so most of the time position lag is there. so spamming OB WILL just hit air or 1-2 mob.

curse is annoying but yes after seeing they spam curse I brought some holy waters.

atm im wearing:
WPH combo
evil orleans gown (for dark soul strike and uninterruptble)
+7 long horn FS 11 [hillsomething card 25att)
rosa shield of requim (teddy bear for undead) / hodremlin valk (dont know if assump proc is worth losing 15% reduc for undead)
+6 str temp fs/MF (1000 def proc is so good when trying to mob)
×2 rwc rings with 4fs total and random stats.

should I get vanar helm? for leech or pumpkin spam is better. sp is sometimes a problem but Im still hesitating getting vanar helm. because pumpkin is so good. I have a +9 nidd and a incubus pet aswell. pros and con for vanar and wph combo?

#21 mrricebox

mrricebox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2194 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 09:32 PM

Vana Helm is definitely helpful but only worthwhile if it's +9. Yeah knockback would be annoying for OB, but I guess try getting off your gryphon and mob like that to see if it gets better? I haven't tested that myself since I don't really fight mobs that have knockback now. Anodynes help keep the Endure effect rolling, so try using some of those. Gearwise, everything looks good, but for now I'd actually switch the Temp Boots for a pair of Variants. Personally I don't find Temp Boots more useful than a 20% HP/SP bonus when the main stat isn't 120 yet, but it's up to you since you said that the Muscle Fool helps you mob.

#22 Arjay

Arjay

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 11:21 PM

Vana Helm is definitely helpful but only worthwhile if it's +9. Yeah knockback would be annoying for OB, but I guess try getting off your gryphon and mob like that to see if it gets better? I haven't tested that myself since I don't really fight mobs that have knockback now. Anodynes help keep the Endure effect rolling, so try using some of those. Gearwise, everything looks good, but for now I'd actually switch the Temp Boots for a pair of Variants. Personally I don't find Temp Boots more useful than a 20% HP/SP bonus when the main stat isn't 120 yet, but it's up to you since you said that the Muscle Fool helps you mob.

I will br getting +9 vana. so is it worth replacing WPH combo?

yes when pulling a huge mob MF procs almost everytime making the dmg to me less than 100 each hit. then I wait a few second for the drawback to be gone before attacking but sometimes even with the drawback I can one shot the mob. so another 4k hp from variants wont be more usefull. 20% sp look tempting though. RG sp sucks.

also +6 and FS7 gives decent attack helping ine shot mobs.

Edited by Arjay, 28 August 2015 - 11:24 PM.

#23 Noxnel

Noxnel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1595 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 01:33 AM

yes I do use endure but if mobbing 5 anubis and 10 ancient mummy in mid ti endure will last less than 3 sec.

after going back to mid ti I realize the problem. im not sure which mob does it but they have a knockback skill. so most of the time

should I get vanar helm? for leech or pumpkin spam is better. sp is sometimes a problem but Im still hesitating getting vanar helm. because pumpkin is so good. I have a +9 nidd and a incubus pet aswell. pros and con for vanar and wph combo?

Well, that is explained on the guide I made for my OB build. And the difference between Vanar and Wph is that I would use Wph for tanking more than anything else. I'm not sure how the Manananggal Card would play its role as SP leeching from mobs, so Wph + 2x Manananggal  Card on a pike, plus Incubus Pet + Nid Garb seems interesting since HP and SP is SURE to come back, even in minimum portions.  However, that is a playstyle based on pots (recovery items in general) of course you have the income in order to play that way, but reason I developed my own Battle Reflux strategy is that you can always get HP and SP back in the battlefield without having to go back for supplies. Just pick one that suits you LOL

#24 3452140212150117003

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 811 posts
  • Locationwest prontera
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:dedservRO

Posted 29 August 2015 - 02:45 AM

it is harder to mob when you are on chicken. It is because the animation when you are getting hit is slightly longer when you on chicken compare to off chicken. And i feel that it also have something to do with your sprite size, but not sure about that :s

try to get a vana helm or use thanatos spear. One of those + incubus pet will solve your sp problem. if you use vana, default goza mask and swap between vana and wph. I dont have any problem with sp when i use +9vana+ incubus pet, even tho i have 1 int (but i did use variant for higher sp). btw, mob that have knockback in that mid ti is anubis (that thing can cast jt).

Edited by 3452140212150117003, 29 August 2015 - 02:52 AM.

#25 Arjay

Arjay

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 06:41 AM

im just looking for someone selling the helm. what if I use 2 hell poodle? bring a few meat when vana wont proc? im thinking getting dark ping mid and gangster scarf for more atk so I can take off my temp boots. and thana spear is 120 im stil 111. so vana helm and thana when I hit 120. I really dont want to get a incubus pet. feeding her is such a hustle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users