problem patching - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

problem patching

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 renoyin

renoyin

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 05:12 PM

downloaded client. Run. Install. Patching said "Failed to get 2009-8-4data_gm.gpf file." please help!!
I installed onto my desktop as some people suggest installing into program files might have a problem.
I am using windows vista.

Edited by renoyin, 02 August 2010 - 05:14 PM.

#2 Katreyn

Katreyn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir (Retired)

Posted 02 August 2010 - 06:23 PM

Always run it as administrator.

Right click > properties > compatibility > run as admin

Edited by Katreyn, 02 August 2010 - 06:23 PM.

#3 renoyin

renoyin

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 06:49 PM

Run as administrator for the shortcut application "Ragnarok Online"?

#4 renoyin

renoyin

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 06:54 PM

Failed to get 2009-7-21data_gm.gpf file

#5 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 03 August 2010 - 07:49 AM

you can right click the patch.exe and say run as admin, disable user accounts control and try running ragnarok.exe again, and if all else fails cut and paste the entire contents of the ragnarok online folder ( but not the folder itself, the contents of it ) into a new folder on your desktop and running it from there by right clicking and running as admin. this would make a new folder without some of the preventative privileges that vista/windows 7 imposes on installations. plus RO can be cut and pasted anywhere after you install it and still run fine.

#6 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 03 August 2010 - 10:08 AM

GOOD GOD PEOPLE!

NOT RUNNING AS ADMIN DOES NOT CAUSE "FAILED TO GET" ERRORS!

Is this just a kneejerk response? "patch problem? Run as admin!" It's counterproductive when multiple people give the same advice that is not related to the problem being inquired about. If you don't know what you're talking about

The OP is getting a different failed to get error every time. This is caused by network instability, and has recently become much more prominent. It is only an issue when patching up a new install. The patcher does not record patching progress until it's done with ALL the patches. So if you download 99 out of 100 patches, and they all get applied successfully, but the last one fails to download, you have to start over next time. Keep trying, especially at off-peak times, and if you aren't already, use the latest client download ( irowiki.org/wiki/Clients_and_Patches )

If i have time some day, i'll write a guide to hex-editing patch.ini / fpatch.ini to "lock in" your patching progress.

#7 Nomad4Lyfe

Nomad4Lyfe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 August 2010 - 12:47 PM

If i have time some day, i'll write a guide to hex-editing patch.ini / fpatch.ini to "lock in" your patching progress.

If you could somehow do that Azzy, you'd be the greatest person ever. Again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users