Overlook Water Dungeon - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Overlook Water Dungeon

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1 tomorrowtoday

tomorrowtoday

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 11:53 AM

I think the idea is good, however, it is quite a disadvantage for classes such as archers just because the cost of using elemental arrows is insanely high.. 

#2 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 August 2015 - 11:54 AM

you can use arrow crafting. or use elemental converters. and if you're vip you have access to a free mercfrom eden. i've run through overlook with a FS priest before, just healing my free merc. you can do it.

#3 tomorrowtoday

tomorrowtoday

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 11:59 AM

um yeah, i can use arrow crafting. What I'm trying to say here is that the archer class has a certain disadvantage to effectively use the dungeon that's supposed to be for VIP members, starting out, and wants to have a good way to level up. If I was a melee character, I can just go and get an elemental weapon– but for archers, arrow crafting (collecting, buying) raw materials are actually time consuming and expensive. a wind arrow quiver averages @ 30,000 zeny / 500 arrows. go figure. 

Edited by tomorrowtoday, 28 August 2015 - 12:00 PM.

#4 MeisterKirisaki

MeisterKirisaki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • LocationiRO Loki

Posted 28 August 2015 - 12:14 PM

You can make a Sage and endow yourself if you think that will offer you better leveling for your Archer.

From my experience, no 1st class compares to Archers when it's about killing quick/leveling fast. I don't think Overlook Dungeon is for starting out characters. If you can't afford elemental arrows yet, maybe skip that dungeon and come back as High Archer when you (hopefully) have some Zeny or ideas how to afford arrows. 

#5 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 12:19 PM

overlook is not actually good exp if you are farming the mobs. this is because their hp pools are significantly higher compared to the normal versions of the monsters and the exp increase is not enough to make up the difference. people do overlook for the massive exp award from completing the actual kill quests (as well as the card reward at the end). the monsters also hit very hard and waterball will be fatal if you do not have water armor.

keep in mind that you can enter the instance through level 85, not 75 like it says in game. unless you have 99 mercs (not the free ones) there's no point in going there as a 1st class. there's much faster places to level.

#6 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 28 August 2015 - 12:28 PM

I think the idea is good, however, it is quite a disadvantage for classes such as archers just because the cost of using elemental arrows is insanely high..

...uuueahh?? Element gives you an ADVANTAGE here. archers can kill/level faster than other classes cheaper as a result of the convenience of arrows. Other classes need to use converters or relog constantly to get a dual client endow (both of which archrrs can still do btw!). I get a headache seeing you proffer an advantage as a disadvantage ~_~

Edited by Jaye, 28 August 2015 - 12:29 PM.

#7 hmc317

hmc317

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1461 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 01:38 PM

I just did overlook couple weeks ago on Thor with an archer. It wasn't hard at all.

1. Go as a trans high archer.
2. Go around level 40.
3. Go double fish bonus on your eden bow.
4. Get a water armor for level 3. If your poor try to get the egir set from the fishing quest.

I pew pew my way through the whole dungeon solo in a couple hours with just eden gear + a water armor using normal arrows.

#8 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 02:37 PM

Any time I'm playing a mage I will take them through overlook every time. Lightning bolt/Thunderstorm(and JT if wiz) are epic in there. I honestly don't bother with it though if its not a wizard class. Not worth the effort.

Like necro said above, only reason to do it is for the easy card. The exp/hour is not worth it.

Edited by Tkwan, 28 August 2015 - 02:38 PM.

#9 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 28 August 2015 - 03:48 PM

Use the mercenary scrolls. They are ridiculously OP.

#10 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 28 August 2015 - 05:51 PM

archer is the easiest overlook player

#11 Zherot

Zherot

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 06:13 PM

Love the comments, everything its easy, yeah, you are doing it wrong, dismmising any feedback the guys is giving, did anyone even bother to know if he was a new player at all?, maybe he cant afford gears, he cant even buy a quiver so why are you even suggesting anything at all if you cant even bother to know whats his situation, you think you look cooler by bassically saying he is trash with your answers? thats how you pretend people to come to the game or encourage them to come and play Ragnarok?...

TC, i never entered that place and since im not VIP i need to spend some stuff to get in there for 3 days, so for me it was not really worth it or maybe it could be since i am a High Wizard but its too much of a gamble, what i did was to hunt the boards on the towns and some eden quest here and there since most of them give garbage exp anyway, dont know whats your level but there is a really good spot to level up which is 2 maps to the right of Comodo, there you can find "Grove" a mob and there is a quest to kill 150 of em also in Comodo and it gives a really good amount of experience, i recommend you to go there when you have the level requierement to do that quest.

Now if you are already a VIP user and already spend money on the game, well the other easy stuff to get zenny is to buy kafra points and sell some items on a merchant for quick millions of zenny, that or grind your life out of your body to make maybe a million or two.

#12 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 06:16 PM

Love the comments, everything its easy, yeah, you are doing it wrong, dismmising any feedback the guys is giving, did anyone even bother to know if he was a new player at all?, maybe he cant afford gears, he cant even buy a quiver so why are you even suggesting anything at all if you cant even bother to know whats his situation, you think you look cooler by bassically saying he is trash with your answers? thats how you pretend people to come to the game or encourage them to come and play Ragnarok?...

I am excluded right?  :p_idea:  :p_hi:

#13 Zherot

Zherot

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 06:44 PM

I am excluded right?  :p_idea:  :p_hi:

Yes.

#14 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 28 August 2015 - 07:05 PM

TC, i never entered that place and since im not VIP i need to spend some stuff to get in there for 3 days, so for me it was not really worth it or maybe it could be since i am a High Wizard but its too much of a gamble, what i did was to hunt the boards on the towns and some eden quest here and there since most of them give garbage exp anyway, dont know whats your level but there is a really good spot to level up which is 2 maps to the right of Comodo, there you can find "Grove" a mob and there is a quest to kill 150 of em also in Comodo and it gives a really good amount of experience, i recommend you to go there when you have the level requierement to do that quest.

Now if you are already a VIP user and already spend money on the game, well the other easy stuff to get zenny is to buy kafra points and sell some items on a merchant for quick millions of zenny, that or grind your life out of your body to make maybe a million or two.

you bash experienced player for giving 'hard advice' but you also said you never do overlook? no wonder nobody takes you seriously dude.

#15 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 28 August 2015 - 07:05 PM

Are you blind or are you just stupid? People suggested free mercenary scrolls and eden bow to tackle the place.

#16 Zherot

Zherot

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 07:24 PM

you bash experienced player for giving 'hard advice' but you also said you never do overlook? no wonder nobody takes you seriously dude.

This is your hard advice?:

"archer is the easiest overlook player"

You are so helpful.

Edited by Zherot, 28 August 2015 - 07:25 PM.

#17 Zherot

Zherot

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 07:28 PM

Are you blind or are you just stupid? People suggested free mercenary scrolls and eden bow to tackle the place.

BTW, this is what you posted:

"...uuueahh?? Element gives you an ADVANTAGE here. archers can kill/level faster than other classes cheaper as a result of the convenience of arrows. Other classes need to use converters or relog constantly to get a dual client endow (both of which archrrs can still do btw!). I get a headache seeing you proffer an advantage as a disadvantage ~_~ "

That was sooo helpful.

#18 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 28 August 2015 - 07:33 PM

Okay since you're a moron, I'll try to boil that down to a couple words. Hopefully you'll understand a few of them.

"The lack of an advantage isn't a disadvantage."

Please note this is a philosophy, and has nothing to do with equipment or strategies a new player cannot float.

So you're doubly retarded.

Edited by Jaye, 28 August 2015 - 07:34 PM.

#19 Zherot

Zherot

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 07:36 PM

Okay since you're a moron, I'll try to boil that down to a couple words. Hopefully you'll understand a few of them.

"The lack of an advantage isn't a disadvantage."

Please note this is a philosophy, and has nothing to do with equipment or strategies a new player cannot float.

So you're doubly retarded.

Keep insulting me all you want, your advice was garbage (if you can call that an advice), be mad with yourself not with me.

#20 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 28 August 2015 - 07:37 PM

I feel like you probably use white out on your monitor to hide the sick burns I give you.

#21 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 August 2015 - 07:40 PM

can't you 3 shot everything as an archer with wind arrows and the eden bow?  I'd imagine buying a wind orb thing for like 5k might be more efficient than farming for wind arrows.  Better yet theres like an arrow shop in pront that always has a full set of elemental arrows on vend if you lack the arrow crafting skill.  If you lack the zeny to buy it, doing a single bounty board quest should net you enough zeny to get enough arrows to complete water dungeon.

I'd be more concerned about carrying enough potions to finish water dungeon, but if you have VIP grabbing a merc might share a lot of the damage burden..

#22 Zherot

Zherot

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 07:41 PM

I feel like you probably use white out on your monitor to hide the sick burns I give you.

What?

#23 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 28 August 2015 - 07:43 PM

finally my block feature has some use

#24 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 07:45 PM

This is getting good haha

tomorrowtoday, dont worry. You will get used to it soon. Welcome to iRO forum   :p_idea:  :p_hi:

Edited by ChakriGuard, 28 August 2015 - 07:45 PM.

#25 Zherot

Zherot

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 08:02 PM

finally my block feature has some use

Traslation:

I got owned by my own words and now im gonna just run away.

Maybe you should block yourself from talking in the first place if you cant handle yourself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users