Troll overlays on video/stream - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

Troll overlays on video/stream

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 30 August 2015 - 04:14 PM

Dear everyone / GM team (especially the GM team),

When people make videos of themselves (or stream themselves playing) they often hide their equipment window as not to give away to other players how to kill them easilly. Sharing enjoyable and active game experiences is part of what helps our server grow, it should be rewarded, not punished,

HOWEVER,

having been warned myself (and told to "use comic sans or something") and now hearing of another playing being banned for using such an overlay. It's obvious it's fake because the ingame headgear does not match the equipwindow being empty.

So what I don't get is why the GM team can ban people for troll overlays, but not genuine MP hack users who flick their equipment windows open. The evidence was pretty damning (among other things) and here you are going after people who are just editting their videos whilst letting repeat offending cheaters roam free.

Dear community,

Think twice before you make yourself look silly reporting a sunglasses of deaf whilst the character is wearing 1 handed infiltrator and shield.

Dear video / stream creators,

"use comic sans or something"

lol. that is all.

gg lol have fun with this topic, I've posted my PSA. Won't be back for a while /o/

Edited by Xellie, 30 August 2015 - 04:16 PM.

#2 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 August 2015 - 04:19 PM

my +69 extending piercing titan gigantic lance of penetration is totally legit ok

Edited by mikayel, 30 August 2015 - 04:20 PM.

#3 MilkyThief

MilkyThief

Guide Master

• Members
  • 881 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts
  • Server:Renewal/Chaos

Posted 30 August 2015 - 04:21 PM

EtYl6CT.png                            JfFmE5Q.png

This is NOT okay.                                                                                             This is okay.

I guess I had to learn my lesson the hard way :L

#4 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 04:22 PM

This is NOT okay.                                                                                             This is okay.

Given you were wearing headgear which wasn't reflected in the equip window, it should have been obvious enough that you were using a static overlay rofl

#irogmteam

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 30 August 2015 - 04:23 PM.

#5 Rythen

Rythen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 959 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 30 August 2015 - 04:26 PM

Fake overlays are absolutely the most asinine things to ban for.

I see someone's common sense took a hike while the ban was being issued.

#6 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9322 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 30 August 2015 - 04:30 PM

Made a troll edit of a screenshot before and accidentally sent it in during a ticket before instead of some other screenshot, surprised they didn't think it was real too.

Spoiler

#7 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 04:31 PM

nice max sp m80 m69

Edited by mikayel, 30 August 2015 - 04:32 PM.

#8 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 August 2015 - 04:39 PM

of all the stupid things to ban for.

it was the 14.3 instance guide video? someone had way too much time on their hands if they had to go report that

#9 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 04:42 PM

Next time try wearing a staff or katar, make them look even dumber for banning you 8)

#10 mrricebox

mrricebox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2194 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Canada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 August 2015 - 04:43 PM

Apparently it was Milky's WOE video. Totally legit, I mean I spend my salary +20ing knives and cotton shirts too.

#11 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 30 August 2015 - 04:52 PM

Come at me bro /com  :p_devil:  :p_angel:

Spoiler

Edited by ChakriGuard, 30 August 2015 - 05:02 PM.

#12 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 30 August 2015 - 05:52 PM

Apparently it was Milky's WOE video. Totally legit, I mean I spend my salary +20ing knives and cotton shirts too.

he does this on bios-mors video also

#13 ceinchase

ceinchase

Too Legit To Quit

• Artist Alley Alliance
  • 2625 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 30 August 2015 - 06:14 PM

The sad part is, these are the GM's who are responsible for the welfare of our accounts. A rookie mistake once in a while is okay, but damn, seems like it's every week someone is begging Campitor to fix this kind of nonsense (and I don't blame them, having him kick their ass seems to be the only effective way of having it solved ~_~).

#14 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 30 August 2015 - 06:18 PM

Camp has to get new shoes weekly from the ass kicking, wonder if that is hazard pay

#15 MilkyThief

MilkyThief

Guide Master

• Members
  • 881 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 06:24 PM

I don't want to start drama, I really don't. I am upset that my Shadow Chaser was banned for no good reason, but I don't see that as a reason to start a headhunt.... But yes, Campitors ass kicking is needed badly.

I also had no idea that making these stupid overlays would cause me so much trouble.

e1SP0Xu.png NlmeSte.png xcTKaJj.png

I have a ton recorded with this kinda overlay,(Demon God, Faceworm runs, OGH runs) all stuff I was going to upload at one point or another. Now I gotta edit them out if I even wanna upload them.... 

Edited by MilkyThief, 30 August 2015 - 06:26 PM.

#16 Kuyami

Kuyami

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 06:58 PM

Why are they even banning for things which happen outside of the game anyways?

It's really strange. like, I can't really imagine a GM wasting time hunting youtube or something for possible bad overlays.

#17 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 07:06 PM

Why are they even banning for things which happen outside of the game anyways?

It's really strange. like, I can't really imagine a GM wasting time hunting youtube or something for possible bad overlays.

They don't hunt for stuff. They don't do anything proactively.

Some butthurt derp probably reporting him and attached the vid, and since the GMs are so gullible and willing to throw the book at people for "easy" stuff like this to make themselves appear competent (and pad out their ticket history with positive action no doubt), it worked! It's like swatting but there are no repercussions for the person who started it.

It's actually a really good way to get someone out of your hair for a weekend :P

#18 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 30 August 2015 - 08:50 PM

Camp has to get new shoes weekly from the ass kicking, wonder if that is hazard pay

Should invest in steel-toe boots.

#19 Razuya

Razuya

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 259 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Odin

Posted 31 August 2015 - 02:48 AM

What the heck!?

If the GM's are banning people via stream for this **** and not for all the other hacks + exploits - I'm out.

The streamers promote this game through our enjoyment (I used to stream regularly playing Renewal/Loki) usually helping countless people which obviously helps numbers grow for iRO. We do it for the love of the game. Not to test the skills of the staff who have ban sticks they can't control. If this was my account I would create as much attention is needed until my account was UNBANNED.

I cannot actually believe this happened. GM team please, get your act together. Ugh. Shameful.

#20 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 31 August 2015 - 06:09 AM

What the heck!?

If the GM's are banning people via stream for this **** and not for all the other hacks + exploits - I'm out.

The streamers promote this game through our enjoyment (I used to stream regularly playing Renewal/Loki) usually helping countless people which obviously helps numbers grow for iRO. We do it for the love of the game. Not to test the skills of the staff who have ban sticks they can't control. If this was my account I would create as much attention is needed until my account was UNBANNED.

I cannot actually believe this happened. GM team please, get your act together. Ugh. Shameful.

so it means gaming promotion via troll overlays is allowed and permitted to bloom?

Edited by fuyukikun, 31 August 2015 - 06:09 AM.

#21 MilkyThief

MilkyThief

Guide Master

• Members
  • 881 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 06:59 AM

What the heck!?

I'm not one to start a ****storm so I couldn't see myself flipping out.

In the end I did get unbanned, missed a WoE 2, and lost 2 days of VIP... It sucks, but not much I can do.

My only concern is that I would love to hear if youtube videos are actual proof. They didn't even check the logs for me, if they did they would have seen my actual gears. I was under the assumption that screenshots,replay files, and the server logs were what the GM's considered proof. I would love some input if edited youtube videos count as proof when ticketing in. This has been an ordeal I want to put behind me.

Edited by MilkyThief, 31 August 2015 - 07:00 AM.

#22 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 08:31 AM

Okay so looking at the ticket.. the GMs did think that the gear was the real gear. But they did not suspend for that gear. They thought that you were using a third party program to see hidden characters. This is a more reasonable ban than I at first thought. Please understand that to them they see no MP carded item but MP card effects in the video.

However, it should have been looked into more in depth as looking at the character I was able to find the MP card within seconds. Were going to restore lost days of VIP to the account as the ban shouldn't have happened. Warnhal is going to show the GMs where they went wrong on the ban.

#23 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 31 August 2015 - 08:33 AM

nice save

#24 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 09:24 AM

Okay so looking at the ticket.. the GMs did think that the gear was the real gear. But they did not suspend for that gear. They thought that you were using a third party program to see hidden characters. This is a more reasonable ban than I at first thought. Please understand that to them they see no MP carded item but MP card effects in the video.

However, it should have been looked into more in depth as looking at the character I was able to find the MP card within seconds. Were going to restore lost days of VIP to the account as the ban shouldn't have happened. Warnhal is going to show the GMs where they went wrong on the ban.

Stop banning off of videos then.

You guys have a terrible track record and when solid proof is shown you never do anything.

This is beyond sad that someone like Milky got banned. He does so much for the community with his quest guides and videos.

If people didn't know already, Gravity outsources a lot of the people who answer tickets and some of the lower tier GMs.

That's how a lot of these things occur.

When I say outsource; you're having someone over in the Philippines answering your tickets and handling your account.

Now I'm not saying they are incompetent or anything, but I have had quite a few tickets where the language barrier couldn't be breached.

#25 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 09:27 AM

Stop banning off of videos then.

That is exactly my problem with what the GM team did. They did no independent investigation and I was able find the card within 3 seconds there really isn't an excuse as to why they couldn't as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users