I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos(Renewal)

Posted 31 August 2015 - 02:05 AM

AlSDfG2.jpg

Should I be Restating? Cos I feel that Im too squishy whenever I try to solo grind(kimdall tunnel and el decastes). Without a party its very difficult to sustain the incoming dmg and it hurts a lot. Did I make a mistake by going 120 str? I think I was trying to master RC build. Oh and Ive never used EDP so far. So is a Restat very much a necessity or would it be okay If I used EDP since I can kill the mobs quicker and get hit lesser.

Edited by Satanicheartt, 31 August 2015 - 02:08 AM.

#2 KyrieDielle

KyrieDielle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2428 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 31 August 2015 - 02:17 AM

Pour some of your STR and DEX to VIT? My GX has 100 STR and I invested some in VIT instead since I can use EDP for extra damage.

#3 Satanicheartt

Satanicheartt

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 31 August 2015 - 02:26 AM

Pour some of your STR and DEX to VIT? My GX has 100 STR and I invested some in VIT instead since I can use EDP for extra damage.

Does having a little more vit gonna make grinding easier in Kimdall tunnel without EDP? And if I used EDP with my current stats wouldn the dmg cover up for my lack of vit as I can killl quicker with comparatively lesser revs of RC than the revs I take without EDP?

#4 KyrieDielle

KyrieDielle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2428 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 31 August 2015 - 02:37 AM

Yes more damage means you can kill the mobs faster. However, I prefer having more VIT than damage just to be less squishy just in case I lag or I get stunned.

#5 Satanicheartt

Satanicheartt

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 31 August 2015 - 03:22 AM

Thanks for the reply kaishun. I guess ill just TI myself to 150. I should be able to get enough vit to solo grind by then since I have hp leech equips.

#6 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 04:40 AM

WHY DO YOU NOT HAVE 90 VIT *-*

don't worry about 120ing a stat till 150 on a GX, doing it before then is a HUUUGGGGGEEEEEE waste.

Rule of gx:
90 every stat except for int

pick a temporal boot, raise its stat to 120

You have enough levels to get 100 STR, 90 agi/vit, 70 dex

#7 Satanicheartt

Satanicheartt

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 31 August 2015 - 04:50 AM

I thought capping str early would make my dmg much better so i sacrificed a little survivability.I didn't realize what I've done as i usually run in parties.But when I'm soloing it hurts too much.I don't wanna restat cos it takes 6 stones.Im just hoping I'd have enough vit when I'm 150.

Edited by Satanicheartt, 31 August 2015 - 04:51 AM.

#8 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 31 August 2015 - 05:03 AM

Just put the rest of your points into vit(until 90ish) and you will be fine. The main thing that kills you is prolly not even the damage, but you totally lack stun resistance, and getting stunned for 1~2s in a mob with this hp will kill you.

Edited by Ashuckel, 31 August 2015 - 05:04 AM.

#9 Satanicheartt

Satanicheartt

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 31 August 2015 - 07:41 AM

WHY DO YOU NOT HAVE 90 VIT *-*

don't worry about 120ing a stat till 150 on a GX, doing it before then is a HUUUGGGGGEEEEEE waste.

Rule of gx:
90 every stat except for int

pick a temporal boot, raise its stat to 120

You have enough levels to get 100 STR, 90 agi/vit, 70 dex

Just put the rest of your points into vit(until 90ish) and you will be fine. The main thing that kills you is prolly not even the damage, but you totally lack stun resistance, and getting stunned for 1~2s in a mob with this hp will kill you.

Exactly Ash. And also I'm a returning player who hasn't played since 2011. So when I made this GX back then the level cap was 150. I guess thats why I feel much squishier with those stats now than I did before. :p_sick: 

Edited by Satanicheartt, 31 August 2015 - 07:41 AM.

#10 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 31 August 2015 - 11:02 AM

Don't level solo ANYWHERE without EDP.

I won't say you shouldn't reset tho, that 15 INT bugs me. We still have mesmerist from last year's xmas who can give u free stat/skill reset.

#11 atsilva

atsilva

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 04:52 PM

Damn.
I would reset without doubt.

Those stats are a real mess.
You could improve drastically ur performance, if you are soloing, with resetting to 90vit.

I personally dont play with that much dex on my GXs, but thats related to playstyls

#12 Ahpingz

Ahpingz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 06:06 PM

That 15int>.<...

Not sure if ur str boots have good enchant like lucky day or bear power.. I would sell it first and quickly save up for an HBP +9 follow by +9 rwh,

u can use variant shoes first for more survivability.. Agree that stat is not really effective.

This GX rule is really easy and effective..

90str,agi,vit
+9rwh
+9 mali thanatos katar
+9 raydric hbp

After which raise 1 stat to 120 and get ur desire boots=)

#13 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 31 August 2015 - 06:10 PM

AlSDfG2.jpg

Should I be Restating? Cos I feel that Im too squishy whenever I try to solo grind(kimdall tunnel and el decastes). Without a party its very difficult to sustain the incoming dmg and it hurts a lot. Did I make a mistake by going 120 str? I think I was trying to master RC build. Oh and Ive never used EDP so far. So is a Restat very much a necessity or would it be okay If I used EDP since I can kill the mobs quicker and get hit lesser.

The reason you are "squishy" is not VIT. Your squishiness stems from 116 armor DEF and no reduction cards whatsoever. Since you're shieldless and using a non-slot garment you can't do much about DEF or reductions, so your best bet is the old axiom, "the best defense is a good offense", as other people have pointed out.

#14 Satanicheartt

Satanicheartt

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 31 August 2015 - 06:45 PM

Don't level solo ANYWHERE without EDP.

I won't say you shouldn't reset tho, that 15 INT bugs me. We still have mesmerist from last year's xmas who can give u free stat/skill reset.

Is the mesmerist still available for service? :o (chaos renewal)

#15 Satanicheartt

Satanicheartt

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 31 August 2015 - 06:52 PM

Damn.
I would reset without doubt.

Those stats are a real mess.
You could improve drastically ur performance, if you are soloing, with resetting to 90vit.

I personally dont play with that much dex on my GXs, but thats related to playstyls

So how many dex is viable till GX turns 150~? Or much dex does ur Gx have?

That 15int>.<...

Not sure if ur str boots have good enchant like lucky day or bear power.. I would sell it first and quickly save up for an HBP +9 follow by +9 rwh,

u can use variant shoes first for more survivability.. Agree that stat is not really effective.

This GX rule is really easy and effective..

90str,agi,vit
+9rwh
+9 mali thanatos katar
+9 raydric hbp

After which raise 1 stat to 120 and get ur desire boots=)

Well my Temporal str boots has Speed Of light and FS7 enchants and I went with temporal str since for the extra atk. But yeah I'm also pretty low on funds. SO dex isnt required much for an RC build?

The reason you are "squishy" is not VIT. Your squishiness stems from 116 armor DEF and no reduction cards whatsoever. Since you're shieldless and using a non-slot garment you can't do much about DEF or reductions, so your best bet is the old axiom, "the best defense is a good offense", as other people have pointed out.

Yes as you said Jaye,All my equips are mostly focused on str and hit rate. I have spent very low for defense. Do you think this GX can have a proper HP pool if I increase vit from now on till 150/175 ? Cos I'm sure I can get to 150 with TIs.

Edited by Satanicheartt, 31 August 2015 - 06:53 PM.

#16 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 31 August 2015 - 06:56 PM

You dont really need much tank gears with gx as long as you can hit and deal good damage, the hp leech gods are on our side. I say that because i lvled mine 126~150 in scaraba2 not using any type of reduction(magmaring garment) and dont even care about DEF, just EDPs and fire converters, and ofc hunter flies.

#17 Ahpingz

Ahpingz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 07:23 PM

Some others here said it would be good to have 60-80dex, but my GX only have 50dex.. doesn't seems to have much problem with it even without RT.

the problem with hit only lie approx from level 130+ ~ 140+ where you would miss sometime but as your level get higher and started to invest some luk do compensate

with it.

SOL boots is probably good with MVP tank, but don't think it is good for levelling due to the HP & SP consumes quite a bit of amount and your leeching might get compromise when it is activated. I would go for a non enchanted first get bear's powers once I have enough zeny follow by lucky day once $$$ comes from heaven.

#18 DeviLxLeLouch

DeviLxLeLouch

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 08:13 PM

You dont really need much tank gears with gx as long as you can hit and deal good damage, the hp leech gods are on our side. I say that because i lvled mine 126~150 in scaraba2 not using any type of reduction(magmaring garment) and dont even care about DEF, just EDPs and fire converters, and ofc hunter flies

awesome :p_love:

#19 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 11:28 PM

Mesmerist should still be around, check Eden floor 1 (behind the receptionist desk, just near mado grandpa/cat hand).

Also I'm running a 69 DEX 90 LUK GX and it can hit Angra Mantis just fine, I'm lvling him at Hazy now.

#20 BoneToBeKiLL

BoneToBeKiLL

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 12:13 AM

Mesmerist should still be around, check Eden floor 1 (behind the receptionist desk, just near mado grandpa/cat hand).

Also I'm running a 69 DEX 90 LUK GX and it can hit Angra Mantis just fine, I'm lvling him at Hazy now.

it reset npc? 

Edited by BoneToBeKiLL, 01 September 2015 - 12:13 AM.

#21 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 12:45 AM

1-time only free resetter. Use wisely.

#22 Satanicheartt

Satanicheartt

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 01 September 2015 - 09:11 AM

so if I do go ahead and decide to reset. What should my stats be to compliment my current equip set so that I can solo grind scarabs and then to bitfrost.?and are slims the only worthy healing option seeing that whites are too heavy and don't heal much anymore?

#23 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 09:39 AM

Coincidentally I only pot slims 'cause I got too much from the invest machine.

Actually, your stats are not THAT awful, you should be able to get away with 120 STR/80 AGI/80 DEX/rest to VIT. As the other have stated, you could also get 90 STR/AGI/VIT and the rest to DEX if you plan to change to HBP soon.

Personally, at 150 I would like to have 90 on AGI/LUK/STR/VIT in that order and the rest goes to DEX and the HBP will last until I have one of STR/AGI/LUK to 120.

#24 AkaneSwifthand

AkaneSwifthand

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 01:23 PM

Actually dunno if its only me, but I remember this mesmerist doing two free resets

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users